LOVE AND PROTECT ALL CHILDREN

A discussion of children, their welfare, well being and lives. We must protect them, they are our future.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

CASEY ANTHONY ~ MARCH ~ 2011

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Casey Anthony's Neighborhood Brings Story Home: A Producer's Personal Story   Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Casey Anthony’s Neighborhood Brings Story Home: A Producer’s Personal Story

Posted: 04:08 PM ET

I had heard the name Casey Anthony before I even worked at In Session.
During those summer months in 2008, the story of missing two-year-old, Caylee Anthony was in the newspapers and on television every night. The 911 call from a frantic grandmother, a grandfather who seemed angry and frustrated with law enforcement, and a mother who just did not appear to be worried or scared. It seemed like something out of a made-for-TV movie, because no one could understand why the mother of a missing little girl stayed silent for 31 days.
I went to Orlando with a field producer, our anchor Vinnie Politan and a camera crew. For me, it was in hopes of understanding this woman who has been so vilified by the tabloids and the public. Because behind every trial there is a story, and there are people who had lives before the trial.
It was an early morning flight to Orlando – Vinnie and I arrived on location to meet the producer and photojournalists who were setting up for the day. Our first stop – the home of George and Cindy Anthony.
It felt like the past three months had been building up to that moment. I was the Associate Producer assigned to work on the trial – and for months I had gone over every document and every piece of video and sound in the case – and the Anthony home was the epicenter of it all. It was where Caylee lived, where she played, and where she was loved. And however tragic her fate was, I have to believe that she was loved.
As we pulled into the neighborhood I was surprised by how quiet it was. A sunny, Saturday afternoon in Florida and there was hardly a soul outside. There were no kids riding bikes, there weren't any sounds of kids splashing in a pool – just stillness. The house itself was almost unrecognizable from the videos we have seen of it. Without all the media, the police cars, and protesters – it's just a simple, pink colored house in a modest Orlando suburb. But there was one thing that stood out. Outside the front door was a flag with the word “peace” inscribed on it and next to the door was signs that read "hope" and "love." I don’t know how long these signs have been up, but to me, it felt like a message to all the people who have come to the Anthony's home angry and in search of answers.
Just minutes from the house, (we walked there in 10-12 minutes) was the wooded land where Caylee Anthony’s skeletal remains were found. I was stunned by what I saw. Maybe it's my naiveté, but during the years that In Session has covered this story and the court proceedings, I never got a complete sense of what these woods were really like. I can honestly say that for me, the pictures and video do not do justice to how unsightly the place really is. A half-acre patch of land on the side of the road with disheveled bushes, dry pieces of branch and bark, and trees with more hanging moss than leaves.
And so much of the land was littered – broken toys, garbage bags, broken beer bottles, old tires, plastic bottles and soda cans. Almost immediately I thought, this is a dumping ground – a place that people have used to discard what they no longer want. Was it like this when Caylee Anthony was left here? Was this little girl discarded like trash? And worse – was it her own mother who disposed of her in this place?
These are not questions or thoughts that should be asked about any child, but yet during the two days we spent visiting these woods – it was all I could ask myself. The thought that someone placed the corpse of a two-year-old child in trash bags and left her in this place, was deeply unsettling to me.
On our last day in Orlando, we spoke to one gentleman who had seen firsthand the Casey Anthony we so rarely hear about anymore – Casey the mother. He told us Casey was very loving with her daughter, and he saw a little girl that was well cared for.
When the trial starts in May, we may learn much more about what Caylee’s life was like, and hopefully we will also learn the truth about the way her life ended. One thing we already know is that this should not have been the way it happened. Caylee Anthony was killed at two years old and then left in the thicket of vegetation and garbage on the side of a road.
She deserved a better resting place.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Caylee Anthony case: Hearing 03/31/11   Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:51 am

Caylee Anthony case: Hearing 03/31/11

Posted on March 31, 2011 by Valhall

A brief hearing (approximately 45 minutes) is scheduled to begin this morning at 10:00 ET to discuss adding new witnesses in the murder trial against Casey Anthony.
The Hinky Meter Ventrilo server will be made available. Please see this thread for instructions if you need to install and set up the client Ventrilo on your computer. I will not be available for this hearing as I will be at work. Please remember the rules during a hearing. When you enter the Ventrilo click “chat” which takes you into text chat. Keep all mics clear during the hearing so people can listen to what is occurring. You are free to voice chat before and after the hearing.
As always, there is the request by our fine members to make real-time updates to this thread for those who cannot watch or listen to the trial, or be involved in the Ventrilo session.
Valhall.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Unusually Brief Casey Anthony Hearing Held   Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:20 pm

Unusually Brief Casey Anthony Hearing Held

Posted: 10:04 am EDT March 31, 2011

Updated: 2:02 pm EDT March 31, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- There was a very short hearing held Thursday in the case against Casey Anthony, as lawyers for both sides deal with some last-minute experts the defense wants to call in the upcoming murder trial (read motion).

CASEY WALKS IN: See Images | Watch Raw Video
INSIDE COURTROOM: Images Of Attorneys, Casey
HEARING ON 03/31/11: Full Raw Video Of Hearing
MOTION: Claims Perry's Ruling Was Bias
VIDEO REPORT: Casey Attends Brief Hearing

The defense was quite subdued after making some very serious accusations against the judge last week.

In a motion filed by defense attorney Cheney Mason (read it), Chief Judge Belvin Perry was called "biased" and factually and legally wrong in deciding to allow the jury to hear all of Casey's lies to investigators and to her family early on in the case.

Thursday, Mason did not address his accusations during or after court. Other than cutting off Judge Perry at the beginning of the hearing, Mason did not address in any way his accusations that Judge Perry was "disingenuous" and flat-out wrong to allow jurors to hear Casey Anthony lie to investigators and to her family during phone calls and visits with them when she was in jail.

The judge previously rejected defense arguments that Casey was actually in custody and that her parents and brother were acting as agents of investigators, so she should have been told she had a right to remain silent.

Rare for a Casey Anthony hearing, Thursday morning's hearing was over in around 20 minutes.

"The good news is, for the most part, I'm advised the state doesn't have objections," defense attorney J. Cheney Mason told Judge Belvin Perry.

Cheney informed the judge that they have voluntarily removed Sharon Cadieux from the list, saying neither side has been able to get cooperation from her; Cadieux went to the Anthony's home in 2008 to protest and George Anthony, Casey's father, pushed her during an altercation.

"All of the rest of the witnesses have been deposed," Cheney said. "With the exception of doctors Danziger and Weitz, who are scheduled for [state] deposition next week."

State prosecutors then had an opportunity to speak, concurring with what Cheney said about witnesses. Prosecutor Jeff Ashton suggested to Judge Perry that any matters involving the aforementioned doctors, who plan to testify about Casey's state of mind, be reset for discussion after they have completed their depositions.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said he's not surprised by Mason's demeanor in court Thursday.

"What people don't realize is that you file these motions, you make your arguments. Once you get a ruling, you move on. It's not personal, it's business," Sheaffer said.

After court, WFTV tried to ask Mason about his accusations against the judge. Instead, he hid his face behind his umbrella..

Both sides are to be back in court at 9:00am Friday morning to go over several remaining motions. WFTV.com will be providing a live video of the hearing and will be live-blogging at our Casey Anthony section.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: The hearing and the JAC financial report on the Defense 'outrageous' spending   Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:23 pm

The hearing and the JAC financial report on the Defense “outrageous” spending

Filed under Casey Anthony
The hearing this morning was short and sweet! Yes this means Baez wasn’t in the courtroom for “my girl” and she looked pretty bored! It is a wonder she was there. The state agreed to the witnesses and will be doing some depo’s next week Thursday for Dr’s Danziger & Weitz. Sharon Cadieux has been removed from the witness list as she won’t cooperate! GOOD for her, and I am glad the big mean PI for the defense can’t get to her! She is the one who is NOT in Florida and has not been deposed! Also the State has a Cd of picture, about 236 pictures on it for the Judge and the defense, they will get them today! Video of today’s hearing
Now looking into a better waste of money, the JAC’s financial ruins for the Casey case. Here is the file the JAC released yesterday: [click to enlarge it]

Pretty sad all the money being wasted. It would have been nice had this money been put to good use like Caylee getting a trial before her death! Seems the murderer has more rights than the victim. RIP Caylee, Justice is coming!
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Casey Anthony team wants to add last-minute witnesses   Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:34 pm

Casey Anthony team wants to add last-minute witnesses

Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony were in court this morning for a brief hearing about why they should be allowed to add late witnesses to the case.

Two of those witnesses are prepared to testify about Casey Anthony "and recent rulings related to the defendant's state of mind and consciousness of guilt," according to a defense motion.

One of Anthony's attorneys, J. Cheney Mason, was in court today, but another attorney, Jose Baez, was not.

Aside from Dr. Jeffrey Danziger and William Weitz, the defense wants to use four other late witnesses.

Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton wants to depose both Danziger and Weitz before he can assess whether there is good cause to allow these witnesses late or if they are prejudicial to the state. Both are set to be deposed next week, April 7

Anthony, 25, is charged with first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old Caylee Marie. Her trial is set to start in May.

This is a breaking-news story. Check back later for updates.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Casey Anthony Hearing - Blink and You Missed It!   Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:36 pm

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Casey Anthony Hearing - Blink and You Missed It!

Today's hearing lasted around eleven minutes. Fortunately I live in the EDT zone, I hadn't had to get up super-early as did everyone from the west coast! WFTV reported that the hearing lasted 20 minutes, however, about nine of those minutes found us watching Casey Anthony groom herself and talk to Cheney Mason as she waited for the hearing to begin. There were no papers for her to put in order in read as she has been doing lately, apparently to keep her from these behaviors. I don't know which is worse to watch.

Linda Burdick and Jeff Ashton represented the State and Cheney Mason represented his client without his co-counsel, Jose Baez. I must say, the tone of this hearing was quite pleasant and at times jovial (on the part of Cheney Mason).

Cheney Mason began by lightheartedly stating that this hearing wouldn't take long since there wasn't much disagreement with the State.

Mason said that he was voluntarily striking proposed witness Sharon Cadieux. She has not been cooperative with either side about giving depositions.

The State agreed to add the remaining three witnesses: Kenneth Lewis, Daniel Kondos, and Patricia Young. These witnesses have already been deposed by the State.

Jeff Ashton said that Drs. Danzinger and Weitz will be deposed next week, on April 7. He pointed out that the issue could be taken up at the status hearing on April 8. He said that the State had the reports, but need to figure them out as they were "rather limited."

At that point, Judge Perry said "You mean those two letters?" Both he and Ashton compared papers, and indeed, "those two letters" were the reports.

Judge Perry called the attorneys to the sidebar to discuss April 8.

According to the judge, they were all done.

Jeff Ashton informed the Court that he had prepared a CD for court and counsel 236 pictures they intend to use at trial. He indicated that some of the photographs contain pictures of the remains which have been sealed. He said he would give the defense a copy so that they can organize their objections.

Judge Perry indicated that April 18-25 would be a time for housekeeping when they could go over photos, final motions, and objections. He also said this all could possibly be done sooner than that.

Perry said that he will rule on the spoliation/trash issues. Ashton said that he hadn’t replied to one of them. Ashton did reply to the motion on the stain in the car (seemingly authored by Lawson Lamar). He did not reply to the concerning the smell in the trunk.

Jeff Ashton indicated that the "Vass" issue was incomplete. The defense has yet to put their witnesses on the stand. They should be Drs. Logan and Furton.

Ashton stated that the only motion finished was hair banding. (We do have that defense motion, which was submitted on the 29th.)

Apparently, there will be no testimony on spoliation.

There was no mention of the heart-shaped sticker motion.

Judge Perry indicated that he hoped that all the testimony could be heard tomorrow and gave the attorneys a choice. The Burdick and Ashton said that 9:00 would be fine and Mason made a funny when he said (to be contrary, I'm sure) that he should say 8:30. Tomorrow will start at 9:00 AM.

As a final warning to both parties, the judge said that if they don't finish Friday, they will go to Saturday. If the don't finish on Saturday, he'd be willing to continue on Sunday!

Raw Video
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Casey Anthony - Defense Tap Dance   Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:48 pm

Casey Anthony – Defense Tap Dance

03/31/2011 donchais 9 comments

Today’s hearing should prove to be interesting to say the least!
The defense wants to add some additional, last minute witnesses, the two that have raised all sorts of eyebrows are Dr. Jeffrey Danzinger and Dr. William Weitz. Danzinger has been around since the beginning of the case as he was ordered by Judge Stan Strickland to examine Casey way back at the bond hearing. Dr. Danzinger now works for the defense!
Dr. William Weitz specializes in PTSD.
Now, you may be scratching your head saying, ‘wait, these guys are already on the witness list’ and you would be right, they are listed for the penalty phase. The slight of hand here is that Ann Finnell informed Judge Perry that she wanted one or both now included in the guilt phase!
The defense has no intent on using a mental illness defense, but they now appear to be trying to address ‘state of mind’ and ‘consciousness of guilt’. Good luck with that! Casey’s own behavior and statements will sink that theory!
Mason is here, but no Baez!
Well, this was short…the Drs. reports were just received and the depositions are scheduled for April 7, so we won’t know until the hearing on the 8th!
The hearing tomorrow is now scheduled to start at 9 am.
When all is said and done, this is about Caylee.

Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Perry Known For Fairness In High - Profile Cases   Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:29 pm

Perry Known For Fairness In High-Profile Cases

Chief Judge Says Lack Of Funding Threatens Justice System

POSTED: 2:58 pm EDT March 31, 2011
UPDATED: 3:54 pm EDT March 31, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team has taken their criticism of Chief Judge Belvin Perry to a whole new level.
They've accused Perry of showing bias and a lack of objectivity in a recent ruling. The accusations go against the core values Perry said he follows in coming to crucial decisions in all cases.

In an exclusive interview with WESH-TV, Perry wouldn't talk about the Anthony case nor was he asked about it. His philosophy about fairness and following the law in a career of big decisions in crucial cases can, however, serve as a response to recent accusations of bias.
"They both were sworn in at the same time on the same day," Perry said.
In his 20th floor office, Perry talked about his father, Belvin Perry Sr., who was one of the first two black police officers in Orlando. He walked a beat in Parramore in 1951 without a gun.
"No radios, no cars, they had call boxes," Perry said.
In a segregated Orlando, when times were unfair for blacks, Perry said he learned a guiding principle from his parents: You have to be fair.
"What appears to be obvious is not always obvious, and wait until you hear both sides, particularly before you open your mouth and shout out your opinion," Perry said.
As chief judge, Perry oversees 65 judges in the third-largest circuit in Florida. He has a reputation as the go-to judge for complicated high-profile cases that require tough rulings.
In December 2009, Perry found Gateway Center mass shooting suspect Jason Rodriguez not mentally competent to stand trial for the shootings of six people.
In 2010, when convicted death-row inmate John Huggins accused Perry of trying to railroad him, the judge used a firm and even hand on the bench, convincing Huggins to undergo mental health testing rather than simply ordering it.
"My confidence is in this judge," attorney Jeff Deen said.
Deen, a veteran attorney and prosecutor, has practiced law many times in front of Perry and said his decisions are always unbiased.
"He's going to make a conscious, well-developed legal decision based on what he's heard one way or the other. He's not taking a poll," Deen said.
"It's not about what you believe. It's not about public sentiment," Perry said.
In deciding whether someone is innocent or guilty of lesser crimes all the way up to capital offenses, Perry tells jurors to follow a guiding legal principle.
"The main thing you have to be willing to do is follow the law, and once you've done that, you've done all you can do," Perry said.
Perry said the biggest threat to our legal system now is a lack of funding beginning to affect the quality of justice. It's something Perry said we cannot afford.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Casey's Attorney Calls WFTV Reporter "Stupidest"   Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Casey's Attorney Calls WFTV Reporter "Stupidest"

Posted: 10:04 am EDT March 31, 2011

Updated: 5:14 pm EDT March 31, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's most well-known attorney did all he could Thursday to avoid WFTV reporter Kathi Belich (images | video).

CHENEY vs. KATHI: See Images | Watch Raw Video
CASEY WALKS IN: See Images | Watch Raw Video
INSIDE COURTROOM: Images Of Attorneys, Casey
HEARING ON 03/31/11: Full Raw Video Of Hearing
MOTION: Claims Perry's Ruling Was Bias
VIDEO REPORT: Casey Attends Brief Hearing

Right after Thursday's hearing about recently listed defense witnesses, WFTV wanted to ask defense attorney Cheney Mason about his recent accusations that Chief Judge Belvin Perry is biased against Casey. Instead of answering, he hid behind his umbrella and told Belich she was stupid.

"Do you still believe the judge is biased? Are you afraid to show your face? Do you believe the judge is biased?" WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked Mason.

"You are probably the stupidest reporter on the face of the earth," Mason replied, trying to shield himself from Belich using his umbrella.

"I'm sorry, isn't that what you said in your court filing?" Belich asked.

Mason got feisty with WFTV. But it was a different story minutes earlier in court with Chief Judge Belvin Perry, just six days after accusing the judge of being biased (read it); Mason was subdued.

Thursday, Mason did not address his accusations during or after court. Other than cutting off Judge Perry at the beginning of the hearing, Mason did not address in any way his accusations that Judge Perry was "disingenuous" and flat-out wrong to allow jurors to hear Casey Anthony lie to investigators and to her family during phone calls and visits with them when she was in jail.

CHENEY vs. KATHI: See Images | Raw Video
The judge previously rejected defense arguments that Casey was actually in custody and that her parents and brother were acting as agents of investigators, so she should have been told she had a right to remain silent.

Rare for a Casey Anthony hearing, Thursday morning's hearing was over in around 20 minutes.

"The good news is, for the most part, I'm advised the state doesn't have objections," defense attorney J. Cheney Mason told Judge Belvin Perry.

Cheney informed the judge that they have voluntarily removed Sharon Cadieux from the list, saying neither side has been able to get cooperation from her; Cadieux went to the Anthony's home in 2008 to protest and George Anthony, Casey's father, pushed her during an altercation.

"All of the rest of the witnesses have been deposed," Cheney said. "With the exception of doctors Danziger and Weitz, who are scheduled for [state] deposition next week."

State prosecutors then had an opportunity to speak, concurring with what Cheney said about witnesses. Prosecutor Jeff Ashton suggested to Judge Perry that any matters involving the aforementioned doctors, who plan to testify about Casey's state of mind, be reset for discussion after they have completed their depositions.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said he's not surprised by Mason's demeanor in court Thursday.

"What people don't realize is that you file these motions, you make your arguments. Once you get a ruling, you move on. It's not personal, it's business," Sheaffer said.

Prosecutors plan to use 236 photographs at trial, including photos of Caylee's remains, which will be sealed. Casey is charged with murdering her daughter Caylee and dumping the body near their house.

"Get out of my way," Mason told Belich after the hearing.

"I'm not in your way. I'm beside you," she told him.

Both sides are to be back in court at 9:00am Friday morning to go over several remaining motions. WFTV.com will be providing a live video of the hearing and will be live-blogging at our Casey Anthony section.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Today: Anticlimactic, Tomorrow: Frye 'em up!   Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:36 pm

Today: Anticlimactic, Tomorrow: Frye ‘em up!

If you happened to blink you might have missed today’s hearing in the State v. Casey Anthony case. It lasted barely twenty minutes and was uneventful, in part because the State has no objection at this time, to the addition of the defense witnesses.
The Assistant State Attorneys are reserving their objection (to the witnesses), until they have the opportunity to depose the two doctors, Dr. Jeffery A. Danziger, and William Weitz, Ph.D. The deposition of the two doctors is set for Thursday of next week. If the State decides to object to the witnesses, they will inform the court, perhaps during the status hearing scheduled for the next day, Friday, April 8th.
One of the witnesses on the defense list, Sharon Cadieux (witness to the George Anthony “pushing” event), is playing hide and seek. Neither the defense or the State has been successful in their attempts to contact this out of state witness. Both sides have dropped her.
Tomorrow beginning at 9:00 a.m., the Frye Hearings resume, and will continue Saturday morning. The Frye Hearing will address the stain in Casey Anthony’s trunk, and the heart shaped sticker.
I am unsure of what additional items are on the agenda. However, the defense has advised the court they want a hearing on the reliability of Dr. Hall (root growth), as a witness. They claim he does not have the requisite experience to testify in the trial. Here’s the motion.
In another motion, the defense is asking for a rehearing regarding the decomposition found in the strand of hair belonging to Caylee that was found in the trunk of car driven by Casey Anthony. The defense claims that Karen Lowe, who we saw testify in the initial Frye hearing, has a stake in the outcome of the case (I have no idea what that is supposed to mean!), and that her testimony was pure opinion. Here is the motion.
It remains to be seen if these two motions will be addressed during the Frye Hearings, or if they will be addressed during the status hearing, on Friday the 8th.
Judge Perry advised the players today that he has reserved a two-week period, just prior to jury selection, in the event the court needs to hear last minute motions. The dates include the entire week of April 18th, and the following week, April 25th.
So, I’ll see you tomorrow, 9:00 a.m., sharp, for the Frye Hearing!
On a whole other separate note, I am celebrating three solid months of writing a post a day in the WordPress Post-A-Day Challenge!
It’s a year long challenge and I’m at 90 posts as of today…phew
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Caylee Anthony case: Magpie report on 03/31/11 hearing   Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:38 pm

Caylee Anthony case: Magpie reports on 03/31/11 hearing

Posted on March 31, 2011 by Valhall

So, isn’t it great when the adults conduct the hearing? Everything about today
felt different. I’m sure part of that is the last few days of some horrible
storms.
I rode all the way up to the 19th floor with Cindy (in the elevator).
Please don’t throw virtual rotten veggies at me…but she looks good. Rested.
We chatted about the weather.

Oh! and who ratted me out to Tony Pipitone? He told me he knew I had ‘cushion
envy’. LOL. Well, that “Magpie” does, anyway. That feline is always causing me
trouble!
I don’t typically like to discuss someone’s appearance, but holy phonytail, Joy
Wray. She blew in with 4″ glitterdome shoes and this thing attached to the back
of her head. She needs someone to tell her it works better if you comb you hair
first and then clip the phonytail underneath your real hair. She is very polite
and chatty and has as much right as me or anyone else to be there, but WOW!
Casey seemed sad today; almost tearing. I don’t know if it was the lack of
pads, pens and binders or her missing attorneys, but she was very subdued.
There is obviously a completely different relationship between she and Baez than
Mason. I don’t think Mason coddles her much. I’m hoping that today was the
beginning of his taking over the case. I wish he would stop the mumbling. It’s
going to make it hard to understand him during the trial.
I haven’t watched the video but I thought the 2 letters that Judge Perry had were from
the volunteers that George went after, not scientists or experts. Let me know
what you all heard. I think they were letters to Judge Perry directly.
The woman with chin length dark brown hair sitting behind Mason was a recent law
school grad (very accredited with her school accomplishments according to Mason)
who will be sitting for the bar in 2 weeks. She was brought into Mason’s team
to assist him with the trial.
I know you could hear us laugh at a few of today’s comments. Especially the
“jerky” comments. But even with the wee snark it was so nice to have a calm and
effective hearing. No wittle feet stamping. No ignorant questions. Just
addressed the issues and took care of business.
Cindy had a rough time when Ashton started talking about the 236 pictures on
disc. It was the part about the ‘sealed’ pictures of the remains. It seems,
out of respect, they could phrase it differently. I would think it would have
more impact to bring the victim, Caylee, into the trial as much as possible. If
they just keep talking about remains, etc, it minimizes Caylee and her death.
Like when they talk about a war and they call it the ‘theater’ of operations.
There aren’t any words that can make some things pretty. But Caylee deserves to
have her name brought up and not make her seem like some object they found, like the
car and the Pooh blanket.
After court Kathi Belich was waiting out front (along with several other media)
for the defense. She is like that little dog that your friend owns. Every time
you go over to the friend’s house that dog is just nipping at your heels and
yappin’ away. It never bites and since it’s your friend’s sweet baby you can’t
drop kick it across the room either. So, she goes after Mason with her
questions and he just put this giant brown umbrella up and tilted it so it came
between him and Kathi and the cameraman. LOL. What, no sound bites now? Bless
Kathi for her ability to keep at them.
So, we are back at it tomorrow. Well, not me actually. LOL and then I’m off on
a blue hair cruise with my dad. There is one benefit of going on a senior
market cruise line, I’ll most likely be the youngest person on the ship. LOL
Make sure that they don’t work out a plea deal while I’m gone I’ll see what
comes up at the hearings Friday. Hopefully Baez will still be otherwise