LOVE AND PROTECT ALL CHILDREN

A discussion of children, their welfare, well being and lives. We must protect them, they are our future.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

CASEY ANTHONY ~ NOVEMBER 2010 ~

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: "Soundtrack To a Brainfry:" The Lost Chapters   Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:13 pm

“Soundtrack To a Brainfry:” The Lost Chapters

Posted by eggtreenews in Casey Anthony Trial, Cultured Eggs: Arts and Entertainment Reviews. Tagged: Casey Anthony, Caylee Anthony, cindy anthony, cindy anthony letters.

-Orlando, FL
Everyone remember to thank your lucky stars at the Thanksgiving table this month, because local pillpopping gremlin Cindy Anthony has blessed the world of literature once again with the release of two lost chapters to her masterpiece, “Soundtrack To A Brainfry.” And these marvels of wordsmithery have Nobel Prize written ALL over them. Or at least their very own section of praise in the critically acclaimed DSM-V, due out soon. This rambling, whirling dervish of tomfoolery is one HOT mess. And in this clever marketing ploy, Cindy uses the “lost” chapters to further peel away the layers of insanity within the Anthony tribe, exposing the mangled, twisted dingbat at its core. We’re talkin full. On. Anthony. Lunacy. Dig it.
It’s apparent Cindy diligently studied a copy of fellow pillpopper Courtney Love’s “Guide to Spelling and Etiquette” before embarking on this creative journey. Or maybe she just follows her on Twitter. Whatever the case, Cindy can barely spell her own name, and thrashes around in all kinds of alphabet-soup-style nonsense, and sounds like she just snorted a few lines of oxycontin too many. Courtney would be proud. Maybe they can start a new riot grrrrrrrl band together. Babydoll dresses and barrettes galore! Cindy can break guitars with her pet hammer Fluffy.
Anyway, here’s the first missing chapter in its entirety. Spoiler alert: she waxes both political and religious. That’s right, Our Lady of Big League Chew (and a little crime scene tampering and a lot of lying) talks God and Communism in this first gem. Double whammy. She’s kickin down doors all over the place…
Dear Casey
I was so good to be able to visit with Jeanene on Fri. esp. after all the new stuff they call discovery came out. I really don’t know how they can get away with sharing all of your private MAIL with the public. I don’t care that the sheriff’s office reads them but where in the constitution does it state that the public has a right to read letters sent thru the US postal service. And to print out all sender’s information. Its bad enough people’s private thoughts are now public but also their addresses & signatures. TALK about giving the cons in the world everyone’s info on a silver plater. Indentity fraud is so easy anyway these days now no one has anyway to fight back giving out people’s signatures to copy, cut & paste HOW STUPID! I certainly hope enough people will contact an atty & file a class action lawsuit against the prosecutor’s office. We may as well live in a Communist Country we have no rights anymore. I saw the other day a group of atheist want to remove UNDER GOD from the pledge of allegiance. I bet those same people have no problem spending money or excepting money with IN GOD WE TRUST on it! Its time to put a stop to all of this nonsense and fight for all our rights. Taking God out of the equation is what is fundamentally wrong with this nation these days. When people remove God from their lives then it allows all the negative, hatefulness of people to come out. Even if people choose not to believe in God they should at least have some sense of Humanity in ther life. Instead people have become so far removed from being a compassionate righteous being to a cold and bitter being. People tend to gravitate to the “its not my problem” attitude or “I’m better than that attitude.” Look at what happens to people when they do something good – they are questioned for their motivation and treated as if its not the normal or right thing to do. I guess I am still very nieve about people doing the right thing because its the right thing to do. No motive. Humans were given the ability to love, reason and make choices. When did it get so that the right choices are now ridiculed. Humanity is one man’s compassion for another. So no humanity no God – no wonder. The devil is making havok, only the weak minded give up and give in to his lies and deception. The strong in heart and spirit will stand up and boldly seek a higher power. Father God I pray to you right now that may your blessings fall upon those who confirm to seek you and your ways, and that your mercy and grace flow down to those of us who have the courage to look the devil straight in his eyes and say you have no power against me because I am God’s child and Jesus is my saviour. The lord has taken you down once and he take you down again. Thank you Father God for your strength and courage and for never leaving me. You are the one who is in total control. For this I thank you in the name of your son, Jesus Christ this I pray. Amen. Casey stay strong and don’t let all this nonsense get you stressed. Jeanene told me about last thurs. I’m glad you are reporting them now. I hope al some point Jose can achiece what he needs to get you to see someone soon. I don’t know if Jeanene told you about the water pipe that broke on Fri. We had water from the pipe outside Caylee’s room leak into her room mostly into her play corner. – Carpet was soaked and walls were damp. Every think is drying out but the carpet smells bad. (I better watch how I describe it they may come take it to discovery! Its amazing how even clean water can smell rancid after it sits for a while! Fortunately, one of our church friends was able to come out and fix the broken pipe. I hated it was Caylee’s room but at least nothing is ruined. I went to see gma & pa on Thurs and I plan on seeing them again tomorrow. They are both doing well and ask about you. I’d drove to Ft. Myers last wk to see your other grandparents and they are hanging in there. We had dinner with Lee & Mal last night. Always good to play with them. They went to NYC last wk end for a race and air show. Jody & Todd took them so we turtle sat for Zam. He is huge. Reminds me how fast Rocky grew! Wasn’t going to tell you but Tinker is not doing so well. She has been sick off & on for about a month. 1st it was vomiting and diarrhea then its retintion of water. I have her on a diuretic and she seems to be doing some better. I don’t want to worry you but its like when Penny died. Its so hard to imagine them being gone esp since they were Caylee’s pets too. I am proud of myself. I finally took Cay’s potty chair out of my bedroom. Sounds crazy that it was in there for 2 yrs. Its just so hard to let go of somethings. We spend alot of time together in the mornings while I was getting ready for work. I can still see her. Well enough before I cry. Don’t worry about me sweetheart, I am too stubborn to give up even though it would be so easy – but can’t let the devil win. I have too much faith to let them steal my JOY! Love you always & forever
Mom
We can pause long enough for you to finish banging your head into the wall.
Alright, you done? Cool, now get ready to do it again, because Chapter 2 is quite a thrillride. At this point, I recommend hiding/locking all weapons, and adhering a sponge to your forehead to avoid cracking your skull against the wall:
Dear Casey,
You looked so beautiful last Thursday. Your hair is so long & pretty. As much as I hated being on the witness stand, I was greatful for the opportunity to look at your face for more than a brief moment. I know Lee felt the same way. Both he & Mal have missed you so much. I’m sorry that you have to continue to be put through all of this. I have never given up on you. My faith in you and God has continued to grow everyday. I see your strength and commitment to fight for your freedom and for Caylee. When spring comes and your trial is over we will find her together. I continue to seek her and continue to have hope that we will all be reunited soon. I need you to continue to stay focused and strong. Don’t let all of the games that the states atty’s office and Mark Nejame or anyone else is playing get to you. In the end they will all have to face up to what they are doing. All their twisting of the truth and purposely leaving out statements or evidence will eventually bite them in the rear. I know that when the trial comes your team will blow all their theories and lack of evidence up in their faces. Side note Horace just crapped on the living room floor. I just saw him do it. I’ve been blaming the dogs. What in the world has gotten into him? That’s the 3rd time in the last wk. I truly thought it was Tinker. Anyway your cat is so spoiled. He is getting old though. He know I’m mad at him now. He’s sitting on the back of the recliner staring at me. I’m sitting on the couch writing to you. Well I have to tell you, your mother is still a little bit of a daredevil. We went to Tennessee 2 wks ago with Donna’s family. Her sister lives in Chattanooga. The mountains there are so beautiful. Anyway her house is on a hill and the driveway is extremely long & steep. Well there was this turtle riding toy and I had to try it out. Needless to say it went fast and when I tried to stop I flew in the air and landed on my left hip and took a chunk of skin off my right elbow. Thank god I had jeans on or I wouldn’t have any meat on my thigh either. I ended up with a softball size lump and football size bruise on my thigh. Still hurts like a son of a gun. Still swollen & bruised. My elbow is finally starting to fill in. – Thurs I wore a sweater on Thurs. to court so someone couldn’t say anything about it. Little miss witchy pooh from Ch. 9 would concockted one of her stupid stories. I heard Cheney put her in her place the other day. I told her the same thing in Oct 2008. Sorry my side notes are taking me to talking about CRAP. At least Horace’s was funny and her’s isn’t. I’m sorry this is short. I’m kinda tired. Hope you’re feeling OK. I love you and you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Always and forever
love mom
Warned ya…
It’s fantastic fiction, no?
Now go shower the crazy off you, drink some hot cocoa, and go to your happy place. Everything’s gonna be alright…
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: The Anthony Encycliepedia: Cindy talks about money   Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:19 pm

The Anthony Encycliepedia: Cindy talks about money

Posted on November 9th, 2010 by Valhall
Now that the November 2, 2010 discovery release has taken place and we’ve all seen for ourselves the wanton abandonment with which Casey ran through Cindy Anthony’s hard-earned money, we need to now look at what Cindy has had to say when asked about whether Casey stole from her. The first thing that should be pointed out is that the very first 911 call made by Cindy on July 15, 2008 was to report that a car she owned (the Pontiac Casey had been driving) and money (in Cindy’s words from her July 3rd myspace entry – lots of money) had been stolen from Cindy. Of course, since then, Cindy has been adamant that those statements, along with the statement that the car smelled like a dead body had been in, were all her attempts to get the police to react. It appears, now that we have the latest discovery, that at least the money part of the 911 comments was grounded in truth – most of us believe the smell comment was as well.

In the July 30, 2008 FBI interview with Cindy we have the following exchange:

SB Did you ever ask her how she was paying the babysitter?
CA She told me a lot of times that, in fact you know I still was under the impression Casey was working and has her… had her own money. Casey didn’t have to pay rent, didn’t have to do whatever you know. Um, car was paid for and that kind of thing.
We… the car insurance was rolled in with ours. So, that was not ever an issue with money. So, I never really asked those things. I mean I really didn’t I thought she was saving money and doing things like that. You know once in awhile she asked me if I.. if she could have some money here and there. Um, and there was some times that you know she had taken some money, which I confronted her on. But usually if Casey.. if I caught her in a lie, I can look her in the eye and I can tell she was lying.
SB Looking back now knowing that she didn’t have any money.
CA Well, again I can’t speculate. She a lot times said Zanny didn’t need money that her father [Zanny's] um, had been giving her money….That she was doing it [babysitting] because she loved Caylee and she loved to baby sit Caylee. And um, I don’t know. I…
In discussing the July 15th, 2008 911 calls:

CA So, the second one it… I was still not as frantic as the first… the first one I was pretty calm. The second one I’m not as calm, but I’m not frantic like the third one. Because I’m still kind… trying to figure out how do I get the sheriff’s department out here? So, I told ‘em, you know my car’s been stolen, possibly money whatever I didn’t know…
Cindy has just crouched her report of stolen money in the first 911 call as an “excuse” for getting the police to respond to her call. The discovery has now proven out, as Cindy stated in her July 3rd, 2008 myspace entry, Casey has, in fact, stolen money from her – lots of money. Later in the FBI interview Cindy shows that she and Casey had discussed money, most likely after Casey had transferred around a $1000 out of her account in December 2007 to pay a multi-month AT&T cell phone bill.

CA …The other thing is to, Casey made a statement to me back in December of January [coincident with the very large transfer from Cindy's account to Casey AT&T bill] that she’d lost a lot of her money in the stock market. And I said, really, she said yes a couple of friends got together. She didn’t really elaborate, said that um, they all went on a hunch they thought they you know has a sure thing…
SB Casey said she lost money too?
CA She lost money in it and so did Zanny.
And then even later in the interview Cindy starts coming clean that she knew Casey had not only a lying problem, but an addiction to the five-finger discount when it came to other people’s money.

CA: No. No We’ve talked about eventually going to group counseling and we never did. I think a lot of it was with her struggle with her dad and stuff too trying to get together. I suggested all of us getting together um, not to really rat George out or nothing, but you know there was…he had deceived me for a few years about money, financial things and stuff like that. And he tended to you know cover things up a little bit for a while. And I was starting to see some of those trends with Casey as far as not being truthful. And when I went to the counselor she said that you know sometimes people if they see someone close to them push it then they might do the same thing too.
So, that’s why I thought maybe as a group we might want to talk about it. But that never panned out. I mean it never happened it was never a time issue where we could all get together and all that.
While Cindy tries to attach the problem she was dealing with concerning Casey to the dishonesty, the statements show that there was more Cindy was struggling with that led her to seek counseling than just lying. Just as with the alleged financial transgression of George, Cindy was not allegedly, but now confirmed through discovery, battling a daughter who was pulling money out as fast as Cindy could make it. When looking at the discovery Cindy had, by the time period in which she sought counseling, already took the drastic measure of shutting down one account Casey had repeatedly pilfered from, and was now contending with Casey hacking a second account in which she was bleeding her mother’s funds from. And, yeah, I bet they never could get together. Casey probably produced faked emails to get her out of any counseling sessions with her parents – BIG event, Mom! Can’t on that day!
In the April 9, 2009 civil deposition Cindy has just been grilled about the events surrounding Casey stealing from her grandmother, Shirley. She is asked the following question:

Q Was that the only time she’d stolen something from your family members?
A Casey has only ever taken something from her grandmother.
Q How about from you? Did she ever use your credit cards without your permission?
A It’s not relevant to this case.
Please note this one of those notorious Anthony half-truths, mis-truths. Note that the question was asked wrong and Cindy jumped on the loophole. Did she steal from any of your family members…of course, Cindy isn’t going to count herself in that. And she never really directly answers this question. Later she asked:

Q Was there ever a discussion with you and your daughter about your daughter taking money from your account?
A Yes.
Q When was that?
A I don’t know. You’re asking me dates. I don’t know.
Q Give me a ballpark. Was it in the year 2008?
A Yes.
Q Was it around the time period leading up to the last time you saw your granddaughter prior to June 15th?
A What time frame leading up to?
Q Prior to June 15th, in the year 2008, let’s say in the time period –
A I already answered that question.
Q Let me get more specific. In may was there a discussion about or an argument or any type of discussion about your daughter taking money from your account and you not being happy about that?
A Possibly in May.
Q Okay. And so it’s fair to say that that was a — a sore subject or point of conflict between you and your daughter around this time period?
A No.
Q So it was — there wasn’t conflict over that?
A No.
Q And –
A There was no argument.
Q Was it something you gave her permission to do was to take money from your account?
Q Okay. Tell me the answer. Did she have your permission or not?
A No.
Q Was that a point of conflict between the two of you?
A No.
Q So did she, you and her have a conversation, and everything was fine about her taking money –
A Yes.
Q — from your account?
A Yes.
Q She had taken money from your account, though, right?
A Yes.
Q How much was it?
A I don’t know the exact amount.
Q Was it more than 200?
A Somewhere around there, two, 300.
So, we can see here, contrary to what Cindy stated in her FBI interview, that she did, indeed, speak with Casey about money issues. And not only money issues, but the issue of the money being Cindy’s and Casey taking it! Also, note that the time frame is around the same time as Cindy was going to the counselor (at least if we take Cindy’s word for it, buyer beware.)
Now to the the two-day state deposition in July, 2009. On July 28, 2009 Cindy is asked the following question:

Q Alright. If Casey wasn’t working in 2007 and 2008, how did she get money?
A I don’t know. I mean, she — she borrowed a lot of money from me.
Q How much do you think?
A I have no idea. Probably thousands. I can’t tell you how much. I don’t ever keep track of it. I gave money to Lee, too. I didn’t keep track.
Q Okay. Are you talking about, like, a 20 here and a 20 there?
A Yeah. Yeah. And sometimes — I mean, I know I helped her out with some of the bills she got form the hospital on Caylee. And –
Mr. Conway: I’m sorry to interrupt. When you say thousands, I mean, can you just be a little bit more — we’re not talking, like, $30,000?
The Witness: No. I’m not talking $30,000, but a few thousand dollars.
Q Okay. This is money that you freely gave to her?
A Yes.
Q Alright. Is there also money that she took from you?
A Yes.
Q How much do you think?
A Probably — probably around $5,000.
Q How did she access your money?
A She had gotten one of my credit cards.
Q Is this the J.C. Penney’s credit card or –
A Well, that was — no. That was — that was just a couple of hundred dollars on the J.C. Penney card. No. She had actually used one of my credit cards that was paid off. That’s how I know about the amount because I found out, oh, probably late 2007 that there was, like, $4500 on that card which I had a zero balance on.
A I’m not sure if it was CitiBank or not.
Q Okay. What kinds of things was she buying on your card?
A I don’t even know. I never saw the statements. All I know is when I got the call, then I switched it over to another credit card
Q Why didn’t –
A — and cancelled the card.
Q OKay. Why didn’t you see the statements?
A I didn’t know they were statements because I had the card paid off, so you don’t usually get statements on a zero card. So –
Q Right.
A — I never saw statements on it. So I didn’t know until I got a phone call.
Q Do you think that statements actually came to your house –
A Probably.
Q — and then –
A Probably.
Q — they were disposed of?
A You know, possibility.
Q Okay. Did she take cash form you?
A Yeah. Usually she would tell me if she took cash. She’d say: Mom, I’m going to take 20; or I’d give her a 20 or a 10 or whatever.
Q Did she take cash from you with your permission?
A Not usually.
Q Ever?
A I — I can’t say never.
Q Okay.
A I usually knew what I had in my billfold.
Q Okay. How about using checks?
A Yeah. She wrote some checks to Target.
Q During what time frame?
A Probably 2007/2008
Q Okay. do you know what she was buying with your — were these your checks.
A Yes.
Q — from your account?
A They were my checks –
Q Okay.
A — from my account. I didn’t see receipts and they would be anywhere from $25 to $90, once in a while a little bit over a hundred, but no more than $125 at the most.
Q Okay.
A And they would be random, you know, $30 here, $40 here.
Q Okay. How about using a credit card of your husband’s?
A I don’t know if George ever had a credit card. I’m not aware.
Okay, let’s stop there. What we have here is Cindy continuing her intricate mistruths/half-truths shenanigans. First she answers the question with saying that Casey had taken thousands from her but in $20 here and $20 there and freely given by Cindy. Then she has to admit that there was at least $4500 more that was not freely given via the credit card that Casey renewed behind Cindy’s back. This $4500 can be seen as a transferred balance (just as Cindy stated in the state deposition) onto Cindy’s Florida Nurses Association BoA credit card in this portion of the November 2, 2010 discovery release. Cindy is then pushed to confess that Casey did write some checks on her account, but she does not admit with what frequency, and she understates the magnitude of some of the amounts. In addition, she has not admitted in any degree the thousands of dollars Casey transferred directly from her accounts to pay her AT&T phone bills.
But there’s another lie Cindy is caught in here during the state deposition. And it isn’t a lie she is telling during the deposition, but one she had told previous to the deposition. In fact, she told this lie during the August 1, 2008 OCSO interview. Let’s review what she said when she was asked about credit cards in that earlier interview:

YM: This is stuff we need, you can’t hold it back because this is how wqe do our investigation, now your personal credit cards, you have (over talking… listen, listen…
CA: You guys didn’t want the receipts for the JC Penney card.
YM: That’s because we got a different way.
YM: I need to have your statement, okay? So what other credit cards do you have that she is used, what are the companies? Cause we know JC Penney…
CA: Is just Penney
YM: What about your bank card?
CA: No, she didn’t have either of my bank cards.
YM: Which which bank you have her part of?
CA: Um Barne I mean Bank of America.
YM: Bank of America and what else?
CA: Bank of America.
YM: Just Bank of America? Is it a Visa or Master Card?
CA: Um is a Visa debit card.
YM: Okay is that the only other credit card…
CA: Yes.
YM: That you have out there aside from JC Penney?
CA: Yes.
Cindy, Cindy, Cindy. I’m sure this was just a half-truth/mistruth, right? Because you probably didn’t have a usable credit card by August 2008 because you had them all maxed out on their limit. You failed to mention the card with $4500 you had to transfer on to your Florida Nurses Association BoA credit card account. You failed to mention that you were making monthly payments (when Casey left enough of a balance in your checking account that is) on a Capital One card. You failed to mention George’s credit card. You failed to mention that you apparently have a Sam’s Club card you pay on every month. You failed to mention the BoA credit card you had. You failed to mention the Florida Nurses Association BoA credit card. You failed, Cindy.
Cindy is asked if Casey’s demeanor changed over the past year prior to Caylee going missing and she said that Casey had always told “half-truths” but it seemed to increase in that period of time. She also alluded to learning later that a lot of the spending Casey was doing was to buy gifts for people, such as Brandon Snow, who really didn’t want to have anything to do with Casey, apparently! Then I believe Cindy tells something that says more than she expected it to:

A …and I have to go back to what you asked me earlier because I did speak to the therapist that I was going to back in April/May of 2008 of possibly bringing Casey in for counseling with me. Because part of it was for me handling the financial aspect with Casey. So at some point I did consider having her come in to counseling, but then I nixed that because I wasn’t happy with the counselor that I had. She was telling me to abandon my daughter and to make her and Caylee move out of the house that was not going to happen. So I just quit going to her.
This subject has been discussed many times before, about the counselor recommending that Cindy give Casey the boot to the curb. In the past most times it has been discussed in the light of Casey not taking care of Caylee, of burdening Cindy with Caylee, etc. I do not believe that to be the reason. As stated earlier, I believe Cindy was going to these therapy sessions and her main complaint was money and how Casey was stealing her blind. I believe the counselor recommended that Casey be asked to leave the house because Cindy didn’t appear able to get things under control, and Casey was financially ruining them.
Now for the second part of the state deposition conducted July 29, 2009. Cindy is asked about her July 3rd, 2008 myspace entry:

Q Then you wrote: But then the lies and betrayal began. Are you talking about from the time of the pregnancy the lies and betrayal began?
A Well, we spoke yesterday about in the last year –
Q Uh-huh.
A — prior to Caylee’s disappearance that Casey was starting to tell more half-truths –
Q Right.
A — or partial lies. Part of it was true, but part of it was false. So over the last year .
Q And I believe you said yesterday that you were uncertain why she began to do that.
A To this day I’m still uncertain. And then that’s when she started to take money.
Q Okay. And then you went: Ah, love is blind. Are you referring to yours?
A Yes.
Q Your love for your child?
A Yes. You know, that’s pretty much — love is blind in my marriage and with Casey at that point. That’s what I was referring to.
Q Okay. A mother will look for the good in her child. You’re referring to yourself looking for the positives in Casey?
A Correct.
Q Okay. And give them a chance to change.
A Correct.
Q Again, you’re referring to your giving Casey –
A Casey a chance to — like, to make up for when she took money and, you know, giving her that opportunity to make good. I mean, it’s — it’s difficult to be a young adult. And I know, you know, you can make mistakes. And parents should give their children opportunity to –
Q Second or third or even –
A Absolutely.
Q — fourth chance?
A Absolutely. You never want to give up on your child…At least I would never give up on my children.
Q Okay. Alright. Then you wrote: No money, no future. YOu’re talking about Casey’s present circumstances?
A Correct.
Q You believed her to have no money?
A Well, I know she didn’t have a lot saved up. I know she didn’t have a bank account. So that’s what I meant by no money.
But wait, Cindy, in your 7/30/08 FBI interview you explicitly stated you thought she was saving money up. Let’s review those statements:

CA She told me a lot of times that, in fact you know I still was under the impression Casey was working and has her… had her own money. Casey didn’t have to pay rent, didn’t have to do whatever you know. Um, car was paid for and that kind of thing.
We… the car insurance was rolled in with ours. So, that was not ever an issue with money. So, I never really asked those things. I mean I really didn’t I thought she was saving money and doing things like that. You know once in awhile she asked me if I.. if she could have some money here and there. Um, and there was some times that you know she had taken some money, which I confronted her on. But usually if Casey.. if I caught her in a lie, I can look her in the eye and I can tell she was lying.
But Cindy also confirms she knew darned well Casey had no account or money just prior to this in the state deposition when she stated:

A Well, when I was upset with her on the 3rd, she said she needed time to be with Caylee and to have some time to herself. We had talked, probably over the last four months prior to this, about her eventually getting an apartment. She had talked about getting one with Juliet and possibly even Zanny.
But I told Casey I thought she should have more of a — you know, she should have a savings account.
Q Uh-huh.
A And I told her there’s no reason to get herself financially out there. And I told her it would be hard for her dad and I to help her with an apartment. Usually you have to have to the first, you know, couple months rent — and the last month and deposits and things like that.
And Cindy knew darned well Casey didn’t have money to pay for an apartment because she couldn’t even pay her own cell phone bill without stealing from Cindy!
And how do we know for certain Cindy was well aware that Casey had absolutely no money on her. I will include, as evidence, the awesome compilation by Maura and kwest of Casey’s monthly stealing from Cindy over just the short window we can look at…this doesn’t include the at least $4500 that Casey stole in 2007, or any other thefts in previous years.

I do believe, after looking at Cindy’s bank records, that Cindy did try to get tough with Casey and cut Casey off from Cindy’s money . . . after a fashion.
We know from discovery that on the day of Annie Downing’s UCF commencement ceremony, August 4, 2007, Casey was abruptly called home by an angry Cindy. At the time, Casey told Annie that Cindy was angry because she found out Casey had not signed up for fall classes, but Annie later learned from Cindy that Cindy ordered Casey home because Cindy had just learned that Casey had run up approximately $4,500 in charges on a credit card that Cindy had completely paid off. That credit card could be the Florida Nurses Association card (credit maximum of $4,400) in the records just released.
On August 9, 2007, Casey stole a check from Shirley Plesea. Shirley was staying at the Anthony house for Caylee’s second birthday party, and Casey used the check for a $54 Publix purchase to buy Caylee’s birthday cake and some decorations. I think Casey was hoping her grandmother would be too senile to notice the extra purchase, but Shirley did notice. Shirley was willing to let it go.
Also in August 2007, George sold his Toyota Camry for $4,000 and gave the money to Cindy. Cindy put the money in her BoA account. At some point after that (I believe in the fall of 2007), Casey forged a BoA deposit slip for $4,400, apparently to repay Cindy for the credit card charges that Cindy had discovered on August 4. Cindy believed the money was in her account and wrote a check for the mortgage that bounced.
The bank records recently released only cover the period January 1, 2008 through August 28, 2008, so we don’t know what Casey was doing (relative to Cindy’s charge cards, checking account, and savings account) during the last half of 2007. However, it’s clear from the records that were just released that Casey went on a major spending spree with Cindy’s checking account and savings account between the period December 2007 through March 2008.
Nevertheless, it appears to me that Cindy attempted to shut down Casey’s access to Cindy’s money in March 2008. After 3/11, we do not see any more of Cindy’s paper checks in Casey’s handwriting. I also believe, from the records just released, that Cindy shut down her BoA money market savings account on 3/14. It was the savings account (not the checking account) that Casey had been hacking into to pay her AT&T cell bills, but Cindy appears to have closed that account on 3/14, which is why Casey was so desperate, she stole a check from Alex Plesea’s BoA account to pay her AT&T phone bill, for which she now owed two months (both March and April bills were unpaid when she stole the check from Alex that posted on April 10, 2008 for $354.04).
I also note that Cindy told the state during her July 2009 deposition that it was around February-March-April that Cindy had gone to see a counselor a few times because Casey’s lying and stealing were out of control. Cindy rejected the counselor’s advice to throw Casey out of the house, but I do believe Cindy took steps to shut down Casey’s access to Cindy’s money – both checking account and savings account – in mid-March 2008.
Here is Casey’s cell phone bill payment history from December 2007 on . . .
December 2007:
12/4/2007 – Casey owed $814.00. She apparently had not paid the bill for months, and I believe this may have been the first time it occurred to her to pay her cell bill by hacking into Cindy’s online savings account.
12/6/2007 – Casey transferred $814.00 from Cindy’s BoA money market savings account to Casey’s AT&T account. Cindy’s savings account went negative and she was hit with a $35 overdraft fee, but she transferred $331.75 into the account on 12/14 to balance it, so she paid Casey’s $814.00 cell bill and the overdraft charge.
12/14/2007- Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($115.93)
12/14/2007- Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($143.17)
12/15/2007- Casey uses Cindy’s check ay Target ($90.81)
12/28/2009- Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($110.01)
12/29/2007 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($58.54)
12/31/2007 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($44.86)
January 2008:
1/8/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($121.66). Note: check was not dated but this is the date the check went through Cindy’s account.
1/24/2008 – Casey owed $180.21 (new charges)
1/26/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($84.86)
1/28/2008 – Casey transferred $180.21 from Cindy’s BoA money market savings
account to Casey’s AT&T account. Cindy’s account went negative and she was hit with
a $35 overdraft fee, but she transferred $200.88 into the account on 2/19 to balance it, so she paid Casey’s $180.21 cell bill and the overdraft charge.
1/29/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($52.05)
1/31/2008 – Casey writes a check to herself using Cindy’s checking account ($60.00)
1/31/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($48.95)
February 2008:
2/5/2008- Casey writes a check to herself using Cindy’s checking account ($125.00)
2/6/2008- Casey writes a check to herself using Cindy’s checking account ($75.00)
2/18/2008- Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($64.86)
2/19/2008- Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($83.75)
2/20/2008- Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($158.93)
2/22/2008- Casey uses Cindy’s check at Kmart ($31.28)
2/22/2008- Casey uses Cindy’s check at Ross ($58.49)
2/23/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Walgreens ($106.41)
2/26/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Michael’s ($20.52)
2/27/2008 – Casey owed $160.57 (new charges)
2/28/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($84.93)
2/29/2008 – Casey transferred $160.57 from Cindy’s BoA money market savings account to Casey’s AT&T account. Cindy’s account went negative and she was hit with a $35 overdraft fee, but she transferred $191.56 into the account on 3/14 to balance it, so she paid Casey’s $160.57 cell bill and the overdraft charge.
March 2008:
3/3/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($65.34)
3/4/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($61.61)
3/4/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Ross ($64.86)
3/6/2008- Casey uses Cindy’s check at Walgreens ($50.00)
3/9/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Target ($58.92)
3/9/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Michaels ($35.80)
3/10/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Publix ($24.94)
3/10/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Kmart ($86.55)
3/11/2008 – Casey uses Cindy’s check at Walgreens ($45.62)
3/14/2008 – It appears that Cindy closed the BoA money market savings account on
3/14 after balancing the account. The last statement for this account shows that as of
4/9, the account still had a zero balance and that the last activity on the account was Cindy’s 3/14 transfer to cover the negative and zero out the account. There are no subsequent statements for this BoA savings account in discovery.
3/17/2008 – 3/21/2008 – The time period (March 11-14) when Cindy appears to have cut Casey off from Cindy’s checking and savings accounts preceded, within days, the time period of Casey’s infamous computer searches for chloroform and household weapons (March 17-21). I think there was a major fight in mid-March between Casey and Cindy”
3/26/2008 – Casey owed $191.17 (new charges). There is no record of payment for this $191.17 cell phone bill being made through Cindy’s BoA checking account or savings account. As noted, I believe Cindy closed the money market savings account on 3/14, so that payment method was not available to Casey. Cindy also, at the same time, appears to have cut off Casey’s access to Cindy’s paper checks since the date of the last check Casey wrote is 3/11. When this new AT&T cell bill came due on 3/26, Casey had not way to pay it.
April 2008:
4/8/2008 – Casey owed $354.04 (combination of new charges on top of the unpaid $191.17 bill).
4/10/2008 Casey stole a check from her grandfather Alex Plesea’s BoA account and used it to pay Casey’s $354.04 AT&T bill. The payment to Casey’s AT&T account was reversed a few weeks later when Shirley discovered the stolen check around the end of April, beginning of March. Note – the detail is missing from the statements of Alex’s account released in discovery for March through July 2008. However, Shirley was very specific that Casey cashed the checked for $354. And in another set of discovery, the date of this stolen check is given as April 10, 2008.
May 2008:
5/6/2008 – Casey owed $574.60 (combination of new charges on top of the unpaid bills from the previous two months; Casey had not actually paid her cell bill since 2/29).
5/8/2008 – Casey transferred $574.60 from Cindy’s BoA regular checking account to Casey’s AT&T account.
June 2008:
6/25/2008 – Casey owed $377.33 (I believe these are all new charges given Casey’s extremely heavy cell phone use during this billing period).
6/27/2008 – Casey attempted to transfer $377.33 from Cindy’s checking to Casey’s AT&T account. Payment rejected for NSF.
6/30/2008 – Casey’s transfer of $377.33 from Cindy’s checking to Casey’s AT&T account was attempted again. This was probably an automatic second attempt since the first attempt on 6/27 had not succeeded because of insufficient funds. The payment to Casey’s AT&T account was rejected a second time.
July 2008:
7/3/2008 – This is the day Cindy briefly ran out of patience with Casey’s dodges. Cindy called several numbers that I believe she had been told belonged to Zanny and Juliet. She called Ryan Pasley numerous times. She drove to Universal Studios in the afternoon and demanded to be taken to see Caylee. She poked around Casey’s MySpace and Facebook accounts and called Fusian UltraLounge that evening. She sent Lee out to look for Casey in Orlando at local nightclubs where Casey was supposed to show up. She created her own MySpace account and posted her “Betrayal” message. I believe Cindy may also have contacted BoA and told them a transfer for $574.60 made on 5/8 from Cindy’s checking account to Casey’s AT&T account had been unauthorized and Cindy wanted the money returned to her checking account ASAP. However, it was right before the holiday weekend (July 4 was Friday), so the returned money did not post until the following Monday.
7/7/2008 – The $574.60 payment Casey had transferred out of Cindy’s checking account to Casey’s AT&T account posted as an ACH Return to Cindy’s checking account. This transfer initially went through on 5/8. The ACH Return code has been redacted from the released bank records; however, if the reason had been non-sufficient funds (which was not the case on 5/8 when Casey transferred the money from Cindy’s account), the payment would have been rejected much earlier. That’s why I believe the money was returned because Cindy contacted the bank and told them to return the money.
7/10/2008 – Online transfer of $200 into Cindy’s checking account. Whether Cindy did this or Casey did this is unknown. I suspect Cindy relented and transferred $200 into the checking account to cover the $377.33 AT&T cell bill Casey had attempted to pay through the account on 6/27 and 6/30. And I suspect Cindy relented because Casey said if she didn’t pay Casey’s cell bill, Casey’s cell phone service would be cut off and Cindy would no longer have any way to talk to Casey.
7/10/2008 – Casey again attempted a transfer of $377.33 from Cindy’s checking to Casey’s AT&T account. This time, the payment appears to have gone through.
7/15/2008 – Casey apparently received notification from AT&T that the $574.60 bill she thought had been paid with a transfer from Cindy’s account on 5/8 had been contested and returned to Cindy’s account on 7/7. Casey had to pay that $574.60 immediately or would lose her phone service.
7/15/2008 – Casey transferred $574.60 from Amy Huizenga’s BoA checking account to Casey’s AT&T account. At 6:30pm, Casey received a text message that read: “AT&T Free msg: Pmt conf #QPSCAC237316569. Bank Acct debit authorized for $574.60 on 07/15/08 and successfully posted to Acct 04985420-001-04.” However, Casey had already emptied Amy’s checking account, so the bill was not paid. Amy closed the account the following morning, so by the time the transfer was automatically attempted a second time, the account was closed.
Cindy you’re a consummate half-liar….bordering on entire liar.
Valhall.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Both Sides In Anthony Case Plan Depositions Wednesday   Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Both Sides In Anthony Case Plan Depositions Wednesday

Depositions Include Forensic Experts, Kronk's Son

POSTED: 11:01 am EST November 9, 2010
UPDATED: 11:06 am EST November 9, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- >According to new court documents, prosecutors will try again on Wednesday to depose Roy Kronk's adult son, Brandon Sparks.
Kronk is the former meter reader who discovered Caylee Anthony's remains in December 2008.
Before the discovery, Casey Anthony's defense team claims Kronk told his son he would be on television soon.
Anthony's defense team also plans to interview one of the public information officers of the Orange County Sheriff's Office on Wednesday. Carlos Padilla worked under former sheriff Kevin Beary.
Several computer forensics experts from the sheriff's office are also due to give sworn testimony.
Copyright 2010 by WESH.COM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Monte Carlo E-mail Shows Casey Prosecution's Strategy   Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:07 am

Monte Carlo E-mail Shows Casey Prosecution's Strategy
Prosecutors Claim Casey Anthony Knocked Out, Killed Daughter

POSTED: 11:26 am EST November 9, 2010
UPDATED: 6:43 pm EST November 9, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A single document released by the prosecution in the Casey Anthony murder case shows the state is looking to Europe for help in supporting its theory of premeditation.

Prosecutors want to eliminate any possibility that their own investigators could have introduced chloroform into Anthony's car while processing it for evidence.
One of Anthony's defense attorneys, Cheney Mason, has told WESH 2 News numerous times that the state cannot prove Caylee Anthony was murdered, let alone that her death was premeditated.
The document, which was released as part of more than 900 pages of evidence in the case, shows prosecutors are working to support their theory that chloroform was used to knock out and kill Caylee Anthony.
Prosecutors claim air tests that were run inside of Anthony's car detected large amounts of chloroform.

Former prosecutor Jeff Deen believes that discovery is central to the theory that Anthony smothered her daughter.
"It's a huge finding in the case," he said. "That has a lot to do with premeditation to commit murder or commit another felony, and that is a big, big, big piece of evidence."
Two days after Anthony's defense team questioned medical examiner Jan Garavaglia, or Dr. G., prosecutor Jeff Ashton received an e-mail from the president of a company called Bluestar. After her deposition, defense lawyers told reporters Garavaglia could not show Caylee Anthony was murdered.
In the e-mail between Ashton and Jean-Marc Lefebre-Despeaux, prosecutors eliminated another possible defense theory that Bluestar could have left Chloroform in the car.
DOC: Email From Bluestar To Prosecution
Bluestar is a product that identifies blood stains. It can identify stains even after an area is cleaned and blood may not appear to the naked eye.

Bluestar Forensic

A photo from Bluestar shows how the product can highlight latent blood stains. More

From his offices in Monte Carlo, Bluestar's president wrote, "There is no chloroform or similar product in the manufacture of the Bluestar, and the chemical reaction cannot create chloroform."
"That eliminates another dart on the board, another smudge of mud on the wall," said Deen.
Anthony's trial is scheduled to begin in May.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Son of Man who Found Caylee To Testify   Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:02 am

Son Of Man Who Found Caylee To Testify

Brandon Sparks To Be Questioned Under Oath

POSTED: Wednesday, November 10, 2010
UPDATED: 12:48 am EST November 10, 2010

Caylee Anthony.

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Local 6 confirmed that the son of the man who found Caylee Anthony's remains will be questioned under oath in court on Wednesday.
Brandon Sparks will likely be asked when his father, Roy Kronk, first told him to look for him because he would be on television for finding Caylee's body. Police reports indicate Sparks told an investigator Kronk tipped him off weeks before the body was discovered.
Kronk has denied having any advance knowledge on where Caylee would be found.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Caylee Anthony case: Some comments on the 'Monte Carlo email"   Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Caylee Anthony case: Some comments on the “Monte Carlo email”

Posted on November 10th, 2010 by Valhall
WESH did an article yesterday concerning the email received by Jeff Ashton from Jean-Marc Lefebvre-Despeaux, President of BLUESTAR which manufactures the product with the same name used as an alternative to Luminol in visual detection of blood at a crime scene. In the article the conclusion is drawn that the email “shows prosecutors are working to support their theory that chloroform was used to knock out and kill Caylee Anthony.” While I can’t sit here and say that WESH is wrong, what I do take issue with is them jumping to that conclusion and stating it more or less as a given. There are alternative explanations to why Jeff Ashton may have been emailing BLUESTAR at the time he apparently did.
One thing that is missing in the discovery is the email Jeff Ashton actually sent to BLUESTAR that resulted in the response from Lefebvre-Despeaux. Because of that omission, we can’t jump to any conclusion on what the motivation was for Ashton contacting the company with, from what we can surmise from the reply, the apparent question “does BLUESTAR contain chloroform or can it chemically react to release chloroform”. As indicated in the email from BLUESTAR, the answer is no. So the issue I have is the statement that this reflects the prosecution’s strategy.
In fact, it could reflect the defense’s strategy, or at least one of them. As has been discussed for sometime now, this case is a case of circumstantial evidence. And the defense has clearly positioned itself to attack the forensic evidence produced to date. They have openly stated they will be doing so concerning a number of forensic issues. As the WESH article states, the email received by Ashton from BLUESTAR was received 2 days after Dr. Garavaglia, the medical examiner who concluded Caylee’s death was homicide, was deposed by the defense. After that deposition the defense stated that Dr. G had been unable to state that Caylee was murdered…which kind of goes without saying considering there was no cause of death determined. In other words, not a bombshell. And we’ve previously discussed how a medical examiner’s ruling of manner of death takes into account more than the physical evidence that lies before them during the autopsy.
Without a doubt the state was present during Dr. G’s deposition with the defense. It is just as likely that during that deposition the defense revealed, via the questions they asked Dr. G, that they were preparing to attack any evidence associated with the elevated levels of chloroform in the trunk. For that reason, Jeff Ashton may have felt obliged to get an additional statement from BLUESTAR as to rule out any implication that their product could have resulted in generation of chloroform in the trunk.
Now, can we conclude that Ashton taking this prudent step means that the state is going to be presenting the theory Casey used chloroform in the act of murdering Caylee as is explicitly stated in the WESH article? No, we can’t. We can conclude that the issue of elevated chloroform in the trunk appears to be important to the state, else Ashton wouldn’t have bothered getting a second reply on this issue (because it was released in early discovery that BLUESTAR was not a culprit in the elevated chloroform levels in the trunk). But, there can be additional reasons why this would be important to the state.
For instance, as has been discussed numerous times here at The Hinky Meter, the elevated chloroform levels in the trunk could have resulted from a combination of the natural chloroform production of human decomposition combined with the inherent chloroform levels in Orlando tap water and the presence of cleaning agents used on the trunk – for instance, possibly Febreze, which is reported to contain triclosan which is known to generate chloroform when combined with normal tap water. As alternative theory it would be just as important to the state to try to prove that an intentional cleaning of that trunk liner took place to try to remove evidence as it would to try to go out on the very precarious limb that chloroform was used in the murder of Caylee Anthony. While the former can be easily presented by experts, the latter would be dependent far more on speculation.
I understand that we have wrestled with the combination of the chloroform searches in March of 2008 and the elevated levels of chloroform in the trunk. And I understand that over 2 years into this we cannot draw any conclusion (either way) as to whether there is a connection between the two or not. I think there have been sound logical arguments presented on both sides of the topic and it has left us with no firm ground either way, actually. But I do not believe it is sound to jump to the conclusion that Jeff Ashton’s apparent communication with BLUESTAR about whether it could contribute to the chloroform signature detected in the trunk absolutely reflects “what the state is up to”.
That’s my opinion….I look forward to reading your thoughts on this matter.
Valhall.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Official: No Conspiracy To Paint Casey As Sole Suspect   Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Official: No Conspiracy To Paint Casey As Sole Suspect

Former Sheriff's Office Spokesman Deposed In Case

POSTED: 4:53 pm EST November 10, 2010
UPDATED: 5:18 pm EST November 10, 2010

)

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Former Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary's public information officer said on Wednesday there is no conspiracy to leak unfavorable information about Casey Anthony.
Deputy Carlos Padilla is among a group of sheriff's investigators giving sworn depositions in the case. Padilla was the office's spokesman on the case.

On several occasions, Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez has criticized the sheriff's office for leaking information to the media.
Padilla said that preserving the integrity of the investigation was always the office's focus.
"Was there any grand scheme to try to point everyone towards Casey as a suspect to the exclusion of everyone else?" asked WESH 2's Bob Kealing.
"Not at all," replied Padilla. "I think the circumstances speak for themselves."
Anthony defense lawyers would not comment on the topic on Wednesday.
The defense maintains that investigators' tunnel vision was the reason Roy Kronk was never investigated as a potential suspect. Kronk discovered Caylee Anthony's remains in December 2008.
Sources tell WESH 2 News that prosecutors deposed Kronk's adult son, Brandon Sparks, via computer on Wednesday.
Copyright 2010 by WESH.COM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast,
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: New Casey Defense Motion Asks For More Money   Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:48 pm

New Casey Defense Motion Asks For More Money

Motion Asks For Approval Of DNA Testing

POSTED: 1:16 pm EST November 10, 2010
UPDATED: 4:16 pm EST November 10, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team has filed a new motion asking for Judge Belvin Perry to approve DNA testing of two hair samples.
Each of the tests would cost $1,042, which if approved, would be paid for with taxpayer money.
The hair in question is the sample found in Anthony's trunk that has the so-called death band on it, suggesting Caylee Anthony's dead body was in the trunk at some point.
Anthony was declared indigent in March, meaning defense costs are doled out by a state agency.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Caylee Anthony case: Some comments on the "Monte Carlo email"   Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:40 pm

Caylee Anthony case: Some comments on the “Monte Carlo email”

Posted on November 10th, 2010 by Valhall
WESH did an article yesterday concerning the email received by Jeff Ashton from Jean-Marc Lefebvre-Despeaux, President of BLUESTAR which manufactures the product with the same name used as an alternative to Luminol in visual detection of blood at a crime scene. In the article the conclusion is drawn that the email “shows prosecutors are working to support their theory that chloroform was used to knock out and kill Caylee Anthony.” While I can’t sit here and say that WESH is wrong, what I do take issue with is them jumping to that conclusion and stating it more or less as a given. There are alternative explanations to why Jeff Ashton may have been emailing BLUESTAR at the time he apparently did.
One thing that is missing in the discovery is the email Jeff Ashton actually sent to BLUESTAR that resulted in the response from Lefebvre-Despeaux. Because of that omission, we can’t jump to any conclusion on what the motivation was for Ashton contacting the company with, from what we can surmise from the reply, the apparent question “does BLUESTAR contain chloroform or can it chemically react to release chloroform”. As indicated in the email from BLUESTAR, the answer is no. So the issue I have is the statement that this reflects the prosecution’s strategy.
In fact, it could reflect the defense’s strategy, or at least one of them. As has been discussed for sometime now, this case is a case of circumstantial evidence. And the defense has clearly positioned itself to attack the forensic evidence produced to date. They have openly stated they will be doing so concerning a number of forensic issues. As the WESH article states, the email received by Ashton from BLUESTAR was received 2 days after Dr. Garavaglia, the medical examiner who concluded Caylee’s death was homicide, was deposed by the defense. After that deposition the defense stated that Dr. G had been unable to state that Caylee was murdered…which kind of goes without saying considering there was no cause of death determined. In other words, not a bombshell. And we’ve previously discussed how a medical examiner’s ruling of manner of death takes into account more than the physical evidence that lies before them during the autopsy.
Without a doubt the state was present during Dr. G’s deposition with the defense. It is just as likely that during that deposition the defense revealed, via the questions they asked Dr. G, that they were preparing to attack any evidence associated with the elevated levels of chloroform in the trunk. For that reason, Jeff Ashton may have felt obliged to get an additional statement from BLUESTAR as to rule out any implication that their product could have resulted in generation of chloroform in the trunk.
Now, can we conclude that Ashton taking this prudent step means that the state is going to be presenting the theory Casey used chloroform in the act of murdering Caylee as is explicitly stated in the WESH article? No, we can’t. We can conclude that the issue of elevated chloroform in the trunk appears to be important to the state, else Ashton wouldn’t have bothered getting a second reply on this issue (because it was released in early discovery that BLUESTAR was not a culprit in the elevated chloroform levels in the trunk). But, there can be additional reasons why this would be important to the state.
For instance, as has been discussed numerous times here at The Hinky Meter, the elevated chloroform levels in the trunk could have resulted from a combination of the natural chloroform production of human decomposition combined with the inherent chloroform levels in Orlando tap water and the presence of cleaning agents used on the trunk – for instance, possibly Febreze, which is reported to contain triclosan which is known to generate chloroform when combined with normal tap water. As alternative theory it would be just as important to the state to try to prove that an intentional cleaning of that trunk liner took place to try to remove evidence as it would to try to go out on the very precarious limb that chloroform was used in the murder of Caylee Anthony. While the former can be easily presented by experts, the latter would be dependent far more on speculation.
I understand that we have wrestled with the combination of the chloroform searches in March of 2008 and the elevated levels of chloroform in the trunk. And I understand that over 2 years into this we cannot draw any conclusion (either way) as to whether there is a connection between the two or not. I think there have been sound logical arguments presented on both sides of the topic and it has left us with no firm ground either way, actually. But I do not believe it is sound to jump to the conclusion that Jeff Ashton’s apparent communication with BLUESTAR about whether it could contribute to the chloroform signature detected in the trunk absolutely reflects “what the state is up to”.
That’s my opinion….I look forward to reading your thoughts on this matter.
Valhall.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Letters, Notes & More Letters, In Caylee's Case   Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:32 am

Letters, Notes & More Letters, In Caylee’s Case

The documents that were released last week in Caylee’s case contained letters and notes on the case and of course more of Dominic Casey’s email letters, notes on the case, Casey’s response to Caylee’s remains being found, as well as more documentation. Now it appears that a letter has surfaced that is said to show the prosecution’s angle for their case.
I’m going to start with the letters from Cindy. What a piece of work! Those letters, in my opinion were written by a woman who had every intention of the public reading them. She wanted them to be read. She sounded crazy on purpose, even though her medications may be making her a bit out of touch, she wants to be perceived as crazy. Think about it…….If she can be successful at convincing the public that she’s crazy, then if she’s ever held accountable for the crimes she’s committed in covering up her granddaughter’s murder, and the scamming for money, then she has an “out” if she convinces the public she’s crazy (at least in her mind). I believe it’s just that simple. Cindy is not stupid.
Cindy tries to appear to be a Christian, and very conservative in her values, because she thinks it will win her favor. It’s a form of manipulation for her. By and large most of this country claims to be Christian and conservative in their values. She’s playing on those values. Of course Casey has been playing that too. We’ve read her letters to her pen pals as well, same ammo. Someone is coaching these people as to what reaches the masses, and for those who are not buying into the propaganda, well that was the point of all the talking of cat crap and vomiting, diarrhea and bloat in the dog, and of course the snarky remarks directed at those that disagree with her most, and her princess daughter.
From watching Cindy’s reactions when she says things, and from reading what she has to say (throughout this case), I can tell you that I do not for one minute believe that that woman believes Caylee is alive. She speaks one minute of her being alive and then next of suspecting that someone else is responsible for her murder, and a person cannot be alive and murdered at the same time. She had Caylee’s remains cremated because she knew they were Caylee’s remains, and because she hoped they didn’t do thorough testing of those remains. She had the memorial for public sympathy, just as that is what she hopes to gain by appearing Christian and conservative. I think she’s still holding out hopes for future deals of great wealth and if she can garner sympathy, it will sell, and again, it might get her off the hook for any future issues of accountability on her part. Sorry Cindy, not buying it.
Notes on the case, and the letter from Monte Carlo, well, we are only seeing a fraction of what the investigators and the State are thinking and my guess is we will be shocked at how together they have it when this case goes to trial. They only have to release evidence in “discovery” and witnesses and their interviews, but they do not have to release their work product, and they will not. You also have to remember that we have not seen all of the evidence. The State Of Florida, as well as the defense have the right to withhold evidence from being made public that could violate Casey’s right to a fair trial. Trust me when I tell you that we have not seen the really incriminating stuff.
From where I’m sitting, the things that we know that will sink Casey, like not reporting her daughter missing for 31 days, and her mother finally being the one to do it, Caylee’s dead body being in the trunk of the car, her driving around for 2.6 days with her baby’s body in the trunk, Casey’s texts ranting about the smell and then disposing of it, and being the only person that had possession of the car and abandoning it, leaving her keys and her purse in it, the lies, the cover ups by Casey, her parents, and the defense team members, well, I could go on and on, but you get it. This case is a no brainer, and I suspect the State has so much more than this. Sorry Cindy, but I don’t believe Casey will be getting out in the Spring. In fact, Casey’s parents, Casey and her defense played the greed/entitlement card and thought they could play this case out in the court of public opinion and win, get rich, and well, they will lose that bet. They thought they could railroad innocent people and keep Caylee alive and they could make millions and free their princess, and that was a stupid move. Casey and her defense chose the method of discovery, knowing full well about the “Florida Sunshine Law”, and Mr. Baez and his team members, and Casey’s parents were working the media all of the time for a long time, and all they achieved was making themselves look like jackasses, with a guilty, baby killing, witch of a princess, who would steal from a blind man, not to mention steal any person blind.
I left Dominic Casey for last, as I believe that he will be one of the big cards to trump this whole thing. I think he’s going to sing like a bird, and likely already has. I think we saw in all of Dominic’s email exchanges, a man that was digging himself in deep, and I think he incriminated himself enough, that likely the only way to get his butt out of trouble, would be to sing like a bird. He worked for the defense, Casey and her parents at points, and I believe they sent him in those woods a month before Caylee’s remains were found to make those remains go bye bye.
So in summation here, these people (the defense and the A’s) are all dealing with foreclosures, and they had Casey declared indigent, simply because they know that Zenaida Gonzalez will likely not be the only one suing before this is all said and done. They are trying to protect the assets we don’t know about, and any future ones at that. That’s why they can be so poor and yet afford lavish vacations and being well kept. Think about it. This case was not just played the way it was to exonerate their princess, fame and fortune had a lot to do with it as well. The whole house of cards will come tumbling down. They are losers.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Whack a Cindy game as requested   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:33 am

Whack a Cindy game as requested.

November 9, 2010 by johninflorida

Per jon and merker’s request, click HERE

Posted in casey anthony | Tagged Caylee Anthony, Cindy Anthony, casey anthony, Casey Anthony trial, George Anthony
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Casey Anthony: Conspiracy Against the Defendant?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:40 am

Casey Anthony: Conspiracy Against the Defendant?

Posted November 11, 2010 by kreuzer33
Categories:
Uncategorized
Tags: Caylee Anthony, Casey Anthony, Tot Mom, Missing Girl, Jose Baez, Cindy Anthony, Missing Child, Leonard Padilla, George Anthony, Anthony Family, Todd Black, Lee Anthony, Caylee, Anthony Text Message, Anthony Trial, Tim Miller, Anthony Update, Caylee Update, Anthony November 11, Caylee November 11, Caylee Body Found, Anthony Body Found, Anthony Text Messages, Brad Conway, Roy Kronk, Casey Anthony News, Caylee Anthony News, Judge Belvin Perry, Judge Perry, Anthony Conspiracy

Kevin Beary’s public information officer stated yesterday that there was in fact no conspiracy to leak unfavorable information about Casey Anthony.
From WESH:
On several occasions, Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez has criticized the sheriff’s office for leaking information to the media.
Padilla said that preserving the integrity of the investigation was always the office’s focus.
“Was there any grand scheme to try to point everyone towards Casey as a suspect to the exclusion of everyone else?” asked WESH 2′s Bob Kealing.
“Not at all,” replied Padilla. “I think the circumstances speak for themselves.”

**Kreuzer33
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: DNA Test Hearing Set This Week In Anthony Case   Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:44 am

DNA Test Hearing Set This Week In Anthony Case

Defense Wants Testing Of Two Samples

POSTED: 4:55 pm EST November 15, 2010
UPDATED: 5:05 pm EST November 15, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A hearing will be held this week in the case against Casey Anthony, court officials announced on Monday.

On Thursday, Judge Belvin Perry will hear arguments on a defense motion that asks for approval of DNA testing for two hair samples.
Each of the tests would cost $1,042, which if approved, would be paid for with taxpayer money.
The hair in question is the sample found in Anthony's trunk that has the so-called death band on it, suggesting Caylee Anthony's dead body was in the trunk at some point.
Anthony was declared indigent in March, meaning defense costs are doled out by a state agency.
Anthony's defense team and the Justice Administrative Council, which distributes state funds for indigent clients, will hold the hearing with Perry by phone. The hearing is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Henry C. Lee Institute Offers A Chance To Step Into The World Of Forensics   Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Henry C. Lee Institute Offers A Chance To Step Into The World Of Forensics

$14 Million Facility At University Of New Haven Opened Last Week

By KATHLEEN MEGAN, kathy.megan@courant.com

October 25, 2010

When you enter the new $14 million home of the Henry C. Lee Institute of Forensic Science at the University of New Haven, you are instantly immersed in the bloodstained world of forensic investigation, and particularly in the cases handled by Lee in his eminent career.

First you touch a handprint on a wall that launches a video of Lee explaining that your fingerprints will now be checked with a database. Then the police sirens wail and you hear officers barking orders over a scanner.

On your left is a virtual crime scene laboratory where images and pertinent evidence from Connecticut's notorious "wood-chipper" murder case are projected on the walls. Farther in are exhibits showing how various types of light reveal bloodstains on a screwdriver; a chance to match bullets; and a look at the differences between male and female skeletal remains.

Around a corner is a room where a body —- a dummy —- lies in a recliner, apparently strangled, with evidence marked by numbers around the room; a bottle of beer to his left, a powder that looks like cocaine on a coffee table, a bureau with clothes spilling out.

"It gives people a chance to experience some of the processes involved in forensic science," said Elaine Pagliaro, who is grant coordinator for the institute and an assistant to Lee. "It also shows that technology is bringing us to a whole new level."

Tim Palmbach, executive director of the institute, said the goal is also to show the public that forensic science "is not necessarily what they've come to know and believe after watching 'CSI.' "

The missions of the institute, which officially opened its new building last week, include educating the public and students and training police, lawyers and investigators in the latest forensic practices.

The new larger facility provides space for the interactive public learning center and virtual crime scene labs, where students can step into a crime scene and experience in three dimensions the details of a case like the "wood-chipper" murder — the case involving the death of Helle Crafts in Newtown in 1986.

There are high-tech classrooms and advanced technologies for research and for consultations with police.

"The case consultation takes advantage of Dr. Lee's expertise and his abililty to see things when no one else can, and the expertise of others members of the department," said Pagliaro. She said the institute won't duplicate services in the community, but will enhance services, in some cases by providing technology that isn't readily available.

For example, she said, the institute will be buying an infrared camera to examine human remains. "You wouldn't use an infrared camera a lot and it's a relatively expensive piece of equipment," she said.

The institute also has a cutting edge forensic crisis command center where UNH experts can connect by satellite with police and other governmental agencies to examine evidence that is beamed to them — thus providing help as if they were physically at the crime scene.

Other new technology that will be available include: ground-penetrating radar for locating buried bodies and evidence; a high-intensity laser to determine a bullet's trajectory; and portable vapor detection instruments to analyze chemical and biological matter.

The state of the art institute building is a testament to the burgeoning growth of the university's criminal justice and forensic sciences college, which has also been named in Lee's honor.

Palmbach said that when he arrived at the University of New Haven in 1978 as a student of forensic science, there were only a few dozen students in the program. Only three years before, Lee had arrived as an assistant professor and program director.

Back in those days, Palmbach said, "There wasn't a single person, not even a guidance counselor, that if you said forensic science knew what you were talking about."

Since then, the rise of Lee as a superstar in the forensics field — called upon in the O.J. Simpson, Scott Peterson, and JonBenet Ramsey trials — and the popularity of "CSI" and other crime investigation TV shows have helped to drive the growth of the university's department.

In the past 10 years, Palmbach said, the university's Henry C. Lee College of Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences has doubled in size —- now with an enrollment of 1,728 undergrads, accounting for 43 percent of the university's 4,000 undergraduates.

In his speech at the opening of the institute on Oct. 15, Steven H. Kaplan, president of UNH, said of Lee: "Few professors in the history of American higher education have played such a pivotal role in the history of one university."

Besides contributing his work to the university, Lee, who was traveling in India this week and couldn't be reached for comment, also has contributed many of his consulting fees to the university, including the fee he got for his work on the O.J. Simpson case.

Palmbach said that because of the huge interest in the university's forensics program, the department has learned to present a realistic picture of the rigors of the science-dominated program — biology, physics, chemistry —- to prospective students. Too many students watch one episode of "CSI" and think "That's the coolest job in the world, I want that job," he said.

They arrive on campus "really, really excited," and then soon wind up "completely over their heads."

While most of the students at the 90-year-old university, on 82 acres in West Haven, are drawn from the Northeast, those in the criminal justice and forensics program come from all over the country and face more demanding admissions requirements.

**CTNow.com
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Parents of Smart's alleged kidnapper to testify   Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Parents of Smart's alleged kidnapper to testify

Brian David Mitchell's lawyers contend he is mentally ill

Steve C Wilson / AP Elizabeth Smart, right, at federal court with her sister, Mary Katherine Smart, left, in Salt Lake City.

updated 1 hour 54 minutes ago 2010-11-17T16:51:42

SALT LAKE CITY — The parents of the man charged with the 2002 abduction of Elizabeth Smart are expected to be called to testify Wednesday.

Brian David Mitchell faces charges of kidnapping and unlawful transportation of a minor across state lines for sexual activity. If convicted, the 57-year-old former street preacher could spend the rest of his life in prison.

On Tuesday, a federal judge refused a defense request for a mistrial.

Mitchell's attorneys have not disputed the facts of Smart's abduction and nine months in captivity, but contend he is mentally ill and can't be held responsible for his actions. Federal prosecutors say Mitchell is faking a mental illness.

A federal judge ruled him competent earlier this year. Mitchell is not expected to testify on his own behalf.

The case in Salt Lake City's U.S. District Court is in its third week.

Smart was 14 at the time of the abduction. Smart has said she was forced to marry Mitchell in a religious ceremony and act as his wife, including having sex. She testified that she was raped after her abduction.

She also said Mitchell felt "inspired" to go to California in 2002, believing that he needed to "find a new city for a new wife." She said Mitchell recounted having a revelation that "seven different wives would come from seven different cities."

Mitchell was removed from court daily for disrupting the trial by singing religious hymns — Christmas carols on Tuesday. He watched the proceedings on closed-circuit television from a holding cell.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Testimony From Key Casey Witness Could Be Falling Apart   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Testimony From Key Casey Witness Could Be Falling Apart

Posted: 5:04 pm EST November 17, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Testimony from one of Casey Anthony's key witnesses may be falling apart. Casey's lawyers were hoping to use EquuSearch volunteer Laura Buchanan to show Casey couldn't have put Caylee's body where it was found.

WFTV reporter Kathi Belich was the only one there when Buchanan was questioned Wednesday and her lawyer said she has no idea exactly where Caylee was found. He said if prosecutors show her a map and ask if she had searched specific locations in the woods off Suburban Drive, she'd be able to tell them.

Buchanan showed up Wednesday for a second round of questioning under oath by prosecutors after calling in sick last time and then getting a new lawyer. Now, she's under investigation by the Orange County Sheriff's Office for allegedly faking a document claiming she and other volunteers searched right where Caylee Anthony's remains were found three months earlier, and found nothing.

Buchanan is also accused by another volunteer of using the bogus report to try to convince him to go along with her story.

Buchanan wouldn't answer WFTV's questions Wednesday, but her attorney did.

"She did not tamper with any witnesses. She just answers questions she was asked and she will do so today," attorney Bernard Cassidy said.

The defense is using Buchanan to argue someone else put Caylee's body in the woods after October 14, once Casey was locked up on no bond. But Wednesday, Buchanan's lawyer told WFTV she doesn't even know exactly where Caylee was found.

"I believe she signed an affidavit that she searched the area where the body was found. Somebody may have suggested where the body was found, but she has never been to that area to see precisely where the body was," Cassidy explained.

WFTV asked Casey's defense attorneys Wednesday whether their case is crumbling based on the new information, but they wouldn't answer. WFTV asked how Buchanan could have even had EquuSearch documents, because volunteers were supposed to turn everything in; he said she'd answer all those questions behind closed doors if prosecutors asked about it.

WHAT'S NEXT IN THE CASE?

There's a hearing Thursday in the case against Casey, but her defense attorneys won't be in the courtroom, because the hearing will be conducted on the phone. It's expected to last only a few minutes.

A status conference is scheduled for November 29 at the courthouse. Casey is not required to attend.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Bugs, Smell Of Death Key To Casey Anthony Prosecutors   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:41 am

Bugs, Smell Of Death Key To Casey Anthony Prosecutors

Forensic Entomologist To Testify At Anthony Murder Trial Next Year

UPDATED: 1:19 am EST November 18, 2010

RENSSELAER, Ind. -- On a farm in northern Indiana, Neal Haskell looks inside the mouth of a dead sow for signs of life.
"Here's a blowfly! Right there!" he exclaims upon closer inspection. Maggots let the forensic entomologist know he's looking at the early stages of decomposition.
The creepy, crawly and smelly nature of his work might make some people gag, but not Haskell. He's been studying bugs for more than 50 years and has testified in more than 100 trials.
Haskell insists that while his work may look like something out of a science fiction movie or TV drama, there's no junk science in what he does and it's no newcomer to crime solving.
"The first use of forensic entomology was 1265 in China," says Haskell.

The Connection To Casey

Next year, he'll take the stand for the prosecution in Casey Anthony's murder trial.
In a 30-page report that's key to the state's claims, he noted that microscopic scuttle flies, or "coffin flies" as he refers to them, were feeding on decompositional fluids in the trunk of Anthony's car as well as paper towels that may have been used to clean the vehicle.
PHOTOS: Haskell's Specimens And More
Casey Anthony Special Section

"They're not there accidentally," Haskell said during a recent visit from WESH 2's Bob Kealing. "They're coming there for that specific smell."
According to Haskell, the tenacious insects have been known to burrow six feet into the ground or through cracks in concrete in search of one thing -- the smell of a decomposing body.
"When they're going through all these barriers, over and around and down, they're being attracted to the smell of decomposition," he said.
Haskell inspected the trunk of Anthony's car in December 2008, six months after the prosecution claims Caylee Anthony's body was inside.
In his report, he noted that a "strong decompositional odor was still present" in the trunk.
Haskell says he's smelled decomposition thousands of times and he wouldn't mistake the familiar odor for anything else.
Orlando criminal defense attorney Richard Hornsby, who is not affiliated with the Anthony case, says the flies identified by Haskell provide a scientific basis for prosecutors to argue that Anthony was driving around with her daughter's corpse in the car.
"There's little doubt this is going to be compelling evidence for the jury," he believes.

Theory Says Time Isn't On Casey's Side

"This is reliable because it's worked in hundreds if not thousands of cases."

- Neal Haskelll

Using the same formula that he teaches forensic entomology students at Saint Joseph's College in Rensselaer, Haskell was able to use insects that were found at the Suburban Drive crime scene and compare them with Florida temperatures that summer to come up with an estimate of when Caylee Anthony's remains were dumped there.
"This is reliable because it's worked in hundreds if not thousands of cases," Haskell says.
According to the his estimates, Caylee Anthony's remains were placed in the area off of Suburban Drive in late June to early July, while Casey Anthony was still free.
Haskell's scientific opinion could blow up any attempts by the defense team to create reasonable doubt by suggesting that the remains were placed in the woods in October, after Anthony was locked up in the Orange County Jail.
Anthony's murder trial is scheduled to begin in May.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Caylee anthony cae: Buchanan and Bugs   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:56 am

Caylee Anthony case: Buchanan and Bugs

Posted on November 18th, 2010 by Valhall
To summarize yesterday’s news concerning the Caylee Anthony murder trial: Laura Buchanan is backpeddling but the bugs aren’t.
Laura Buchanan finally got over her “illness” that had led her to previously cancel the continuation of her deposition with the state concerning a sworn statement (under penalty of perjury) she had previously made and was used in a defense motion to try to gain access to TES searcher records. The State of Florida is actually investigating Laura’s activities connected with the statement due to the face there have been allegations she may have doctored (faked) documents and tampered with at least one witness; a searcher who claims she tried to get him to change his story.
Kathi Belich was at the courthouse when Laura Buchanan and her attorney arrived for the deposition. After a couple of pointed “Kathi-questions”, Laura Buchanan’s attorney had this to say about Laura’s sworn statement:

I believe she signed an affidavit that she searched the area where the body was found. Somebody may have suggested where the body was found, but she has never been to that area to see precisely where the body was.
So let’s just look at that statement Laura made about her alleged “unofficial” un-TES search on Suburban Drive that she alleges took place on September 3, 2008.

3. On September 3, 2008, the team in which I was assigned went to Suburban Street in Orlando and searched the area near where the remains of Caylee Anthony were found.
Okay, that statement has wiggle room. She was definitely closer to where Caylee’s remains would ultimately be found than I was. At least she was in the State of Florida, and on Suburban Drive (so she claims). But let’s see what else Laura had to say in that sworn statement:

5. We were in the area for approximately 3 to 4 hours.
This statement starts to become problematic for Laura Buchanan in any attempts to wiggle out of an intentional message that she was real darned near where Caylee would be found. Considering that from Hopespring Drive to the dead end of Suburban Drive is no more than 1/4 mile long, 3 to 4 hours on that stretch road is a long time to spend and NOT walk past the location of Caylee’s body if you start at the intersection and go all the way to the end of the road. But Laura still has some wiggle room because maybe they drove to the end of Suburban Drive, and like the searchers on September 1 who were there, centered on the large area to the east of the school.
Oh, sorry, no, that’s not what she says:

6. I personally searched near the privacy fence and worked my way towards and then beyond the spot where the body was found.
Now, Laura’s lawyer, Bernard Cassidy, says maybe someone suggested where the location was and (is he implying?) misled Laura into thinking she was at the spot where the body was found, but they would have to show her a map and pinpoint that location because Laura hasn’t been back and seen where the body was found. Well, Mr. Cassidy, thanks for insulting our collective intelligence, because I’ve never been to Orlando and I could walk to within 5 feet of where the body was found. Seriously, videos have been taken, pictures have been taken, maps have been constructed, 3D maps have been constructed and verbal descriptions specifically pinpointing the location of Caylee’s remains have given adequate details and guidance for me to go to Suburban Drive, find the flood control drainage port and walk the assigned number of feet down Suburban drive, then off the curb, to right on top of where Caylee was found. If your client needs help, Mr. Cassidy, there are various news agencies, blogs and discussion boards that for almost two years have had these maps up. For instance, here is one that has been available here at this site since this article was written about a year ago.

Now, if you’re trying to imply, Laura (via Mr. Cassidy), that you haven’t kept up with this story, well…tsk tsk tsk. Have you informed Mr. Cassidy, Laura, of your statements made online? Are you claiming to have made the aforementioned sworn statement under penalty of perjury that has been misleading and used by the defense team to now cold-call hundreds (that could lead to thousands) of searchers, based on you not keeping up with the vast amount of discovery released in this case and assumed you were near the spot? And you just happened to reference the privacy fence while being totally confused about the spot? You set yourself up as the “golden girl” for this defense team and now you’re going to claim you didn’t even know where the remains were found? Don’t know how you’re going to come out on these allegations against you, but I’m okay with sticking with the opinion that “Laura is a liar”. That or the “Department of Fish” did a crappy job of training you on how to find your way out of a paper sack….and since both hands a flashlight doesn’t seem to cut it, who finds your ass for you every morning, Laura?

Moving on…Dr. Neal Haskell, whose entomology report was discussed in this article previously, will be deposed soon. He seems to be a lot more firm in his conclusions than Laura does in her internal GPS locator. Dr. Neal Haskell inspected the trunk of Casey’s Pontiac after the remains were found. It was approximately 6 months from the day most of us (apparently including the State of Florida) believe Caylee Marie Anthony was murdered, and then placed in the trunk of Casey’s car. Six months after the fact Dr. Haskell, who has had the unfortunate displeasure of having to smell human decomposition “thousands of times” says he’s pretty darned sure he wouldn’t mistake it for a ham sammich, or two dead zombie squirrels, for that matter. Actually, he didn’t say that. What he said, according to WESH, was “he wouldn’t mistake the familiar odor for anything else”.

He’s also pretty confident, since he teaches students on a daily basis how to take entomological forensic evidence and calculate PMI (see Understanding Accumulated Degree Days), that he got it right. Remember that not only did Dr. Haskell have entomological data from the trunk of the Pontiac (that showed a dead body was in the trunk in the early stages of decomposition but not in the latter stages), but he had entomological data at the remains site that showed the body was not there in the early stages of decomposition, because there were only late-stage scavengers present. That this is a proven (i.e. nonjunk) scientific method for determining the stages (and hence the PMI) for a body present at a certain location, is proven out by the record of cases in which it is has been successfully used (both by states and by defense attorneys) and held up over numerous appellate cases. Even the sometimes cantankerous Mr. Hornsby admits the entomology report is “going to be compelling evidence for the jury”.

Valhall.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Hearing Set In Anthony Case For This Afternoon   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Hearing Set In Anthony Case For This Afternoon

POSTED: 11:16 am EST November 18, 2010
UPDATED: 11:49 am EST November 18, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A hearing is set for 1:30 p.m. on Thursday during which Casey Anthony's defense team is expected to ask to spend an additional $2,000 in public funds.

Neither Casey Anthony nor her attorneys will appear at the hearing in person. Casey's defense team will call into the hearing by telephone.
The defense is asking to spend the additional taxpayer money to have a lab in Pennsylvania check for DNA on a bag and some shorts found with Caylee Anthony's remains.
Originally, the defense wanted to send the materials to a lab in Holland, but the judge overseeing the case, Belvin Perry, denied that request.
Also calling into Thursday's hearing will be the Justice Administrative Commission, which is the state panel that must approve the use of taxpayer funds.
Since Anthony has been declared indigent, that panel oversees the public money spent on her defense.
Last week, the agency filed papers objecting to the defense's request to spend the extra money and arguing an in-state lab could do the DNA work just as well.
Thursday's hearing is expected to last only a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Perry OKs More DNA Testing In Anthony Case   Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Perry OKs More DNA Testing In Anthony Case

Defense Gets Approval For Out-Of-State Testing

POSTED: 2:06 pm EST November 18, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An Orange County judge granted a defense motion on Thursday to allow further testing of DNA evidence in the Casey Anthony case.

Neither Casey Anthony nor her attorneys appeared at the hearing in person. Anthony's defense team called into the hearing by telephone.
The defense asked to spend bout $2,000 in additional taxpayer money to have a lab in Pennsylvania check for DNA on a bag and some shorts found with Caylee Anthony's remains.
Originally, the defense wanted to send the materials to a lab in Holland, but Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry denied that request.
The Justice Administrative Commission, which oversees the spending of taxpayer funds, wanted Baez to use a lab in the state of Florida.
Since Anthony has been declared indigent, that panel oversees the public money spent on her defense.
During the hearing, Baez claimed that none of the state labs were certified The American Society of Crime Lab Directors. Brad Bischoff, representative for the JAC, could not confirm that any of the labs JAC lists as vendors are confirmed by ASCLAD.
Judge Belvin Perry said since the court had agreed that the items needed to be tested by an ASCLAD lab, he granted Baez's request to send the items to a lab in Pennsylvania called National Medical Services and spend the money on the testing.
Last week, the JAC filed papers objecting to the defense's request to spend the extra money and arguing an in-state lab could do the DNA work just as well.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Casey Anthony case: Cash approved to test DNA on Caylee's shorts   Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Casey Anthony case: Cash approved to test DNA on Caylee's shorts

Rene Stutzman and Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

3:35 p.m. EST, November 18, 2010

Casey Anthony's defense team got approval today to spend more than $2,000 to conduct DNA tests on two items -- including Caylee Marie's shorts -- at an out-of-state, specially certified laboratory.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry made the decision during a quick hearing in which attorneys for the defense and the Judicial Administrative Commission appeared via tele-conference.

The child's shorts and a bag were found in the same vacant lot as the 2-year-old's remains.

Casey Anthony is accused of killing her daughter in 2008. She's charged with first-degree murder and is being held at the Orange County Jail. She did not attend today's hearing.

Casey Anthony has been ruled indigent and the state is picking up certain costs for her defense with strict limitations on what can and cannot be funded.

Her attorneys filed a motion for clarification to spend $2,084 and have National Medical Services check for DNA on the victim's shorts and on a bag found with her remains.

JAC officials had wanted an in-state lab to conduct the testing, but Florida apparently lacks private labs with the special level of certification required to do this testing. It has crime labs capable of the testing, but the defense asked for an outside, non-law enforcement lab to do the work.

The JAC had recommended two in-state labs with some level of certification, but the rates for those labs were not known and defense attorney Jose Baez said it would be an "impossibility" to utilize those facilities for this case.

Perry said the bill for the National Medical Services DNA testing "is not an exorbitant amount of money. Therefore, the court will grant the motion."
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Defense: No 'Coffin Flies' In Casey's Trunk   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:48 pm

Defense: No 'Coffin Flies' In Casey's Trunk

Trial Could Pit Bug Experts Against One Another

POSTED: 6:06 pm EST November 18, 2010
UPDATED: 6:31 pm EST November 18, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense is firing back at one of the prosecution's key witnesses.
In 2008, forensic entomologist Neal Haskell identified microscopic flies he said were feeding on decompositional fluids in the trunk of Anthony's car.

Now, for the first time, Anthony defense lawyers are disputing the finding.
Haskell's report is key to the prosecution's claim that Anthony drove around with her dead daughter's body in the trunk.
In an exclusive interview with WESH 2 News, Haskell showed how insects that are drawn to decomposing bodies always follow the same pattern.
"Going from this critter that's pretty fresh down to bleached bones, we have a whole array of insects that come in at different times of that decomposition progression," Haskell said as he hunched over the body of a dead sow.
Haskell said in his report for the Anthony investigation that the presence of so-called coffin flies and a lack of other insects indicated that a body in the later stages of decomposition had been in Anthony's trunk.
"Sometimes the absence of insects can be just as important as the presence," he told WESH 2 News.
Anthony defense attorney Cheney Mason said the defense disagrees with the finding. Mason said defense experts claim there were no coffin flies in the trunk at all.

Wesh.com
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Casey Anthony: "Coffin Flies" and more.........   Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:25 am

Casey Anthony: “Coffin Flies” and more…

Posted November 18, 2010 by kreuzer33
Categories:
Uncategorized
Tags: Caylee Anthony, Casey Anthony, Tot Mom, Missing Girl, Jose Baez, Cindy Anthony, Missing Child, Leonard Padilla, George Anthony, Anthony Family, Todd Black, Lee Anthony, Caylee, Anthony Text Message, Anthony Trial, Tim Miller, Anthony Update, Caylee Update, Caylee Body Found, Anthony Body Found, Anthony November 18, Caylee November 18, Anthony Text Messages, Brad Conway, Roy Kronk, Bob Kealing, Richard Hornsby, Casey Anthony News, Caylee Anthony News, Belvin Perry, Judge Belvin Perry, Judge Perry, Coffin Flies, Neal Haskell

Forensic Entomologist Neal Haskell plans to take the stand for the prosecution in Casey Anthony’s murder trial later this year where he will discuss how “coffin flies” were feeding on the decomposition fluids found in the trunk of Casey’s car as well as on paper towels that may have been used to clean the vehicle.
In his report filed last year, Haskell noted that a “strong decompositional odor was still present” in the trunk. More details can be found at the link below.
From WESH:
“They’re not there accidentally,” Haskell said during a recent visit from WESH 2′s Bob Kealing. “They’re coming there for that specific smell.”
According to Haskell, the tenacious insects have been known to burrow six feet into the ground or through cracks in concrete in search of one thing — the smell of a decomposing body.
“When they’re going through all these barriers, over and around and down, they’re being attracted to the smell of decomposition,” he said.
Orlando criminal defense attorney Richard Hornsby, who is not affiliated with the Anthony case, says the flies identified by Haskell provide a scientific basis for prosecutors to argue that Anthony was driving around with her daughter’s corpse in the car.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Deposition Slated In Anthony Case   Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:36 am

Deposition Slated In Anthony Case

Forensic Scientist To Be Questioned By Skype

POSTED: 7:35 am EST November 19, 2010
UPDATED: 8:03 am EST November 19, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A key witness in the case against Casey Anthony will answer questions from the defense team on Friday.

Earlier this week, Dr. Neal Haskell, who is a forensic scientist, spoke in a televised report about the behavior of the same type of bugs allegedly found in the trunk of Anthony's car.
Haskell claimed the presence of the bugs proves a dead body was in the trunk. Haskell has used a formula to date when the body was there.
The date matches a timeline provided by the prosecution.
Haskell will give a sworn deposition to the defense via Skype.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Tiffany Hartley - Casey Anthony - Peter Hyatt Looks At the Cases   Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:59 am

Tiffany Hartley – Casey Anthony – Peter Hyatt Looks At the Cases

Posted on November 21st, 2010
by Simon Barrett in Interview, crime
Read 689 times.

Peter Hyatt is going to be exploring these two cases on his weekly radio program today. I was delighted to accept an invitation to his panel, also joining peter will be another friend of mine Denny Griffin.
Both of these cases are frustrating. Anyone that takes the time to dig around in the data will be left with a migraine.
The legal wrangling in the Casey Anthony case are so convoluted that it has become more akin to a soap opera than a homicide. Our legal system is flawed, few can doubt that statement, and this case is a text book example. Obviously it is unfair for anyone to be tried in the Court Of Public Opinion rather than the Court Of Law, but there are few people that seem to think that anyone other than Casey Anthony was responsible for the death of her daughter Caylee Anthony. The twists and turns in the case have created a media circus, the ringmaster being a relatively unknown (ambulance chasing) lawyer by the name of Jose Baez. By generating a media frenzy, and whipping through a whopping $200,000 retainer he is now being funded by the tax payer! Needless to say, his high powered legal team has been fleeing the case like rats and sinking ships!
I can’t wait for Peter Hyatt’s comments on this case.
The Tiffany Hartley story is almost as bizarre. Who in their right mind would go Jet Skiing on a lake that is known as a haven for the Mexican Drug Cartels to operate in? Why did they kill her husband, yet let her live? Cartel members are not really known for their compassion. I have to admit that the story I am being fed is not sitting well in my stomach. There is no corpse, no witnesses, and where is that pesky Jet Ski?
Certainly everyone has their own unique way of grieving. When a very good friend of mine died I went to a bar and ordered two Budweisers, Don’s trademark! He always ordered them in pairs. I drank one, and left the other on the table. Tiffany Hartley as far as I can see has done little to show sorrow other than point blame at the Mexican government.
I am looking forward to talking to Peter Hyatt, as an interviewer it is not often that I find the roles reversed. Today though, I am the victim
Peter’s site is www.seamusoriley.blogspot.com and if you would like to listen live point your browser to BTR at 6pm eastern today.
Simon Barrett
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CASEY ANTHONY ~ NOVEMBER 2010 ~   

Back to top Go down

CASEY ANTHONY ~ NOVEMBER 2010 ~
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next