LOVE AND PROTECT ALL CHILDREN

A discussion of children, their welfare, well being and lives. We must protect them, they are our future.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

HAILEY DUNN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Shawn Adkins Inverviews Show Deception   Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:39 pm

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Shawn Adkins Interviews Show Deception

Shawn Adkins did two short interviews with BigCountry News. They are found here:
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331907&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I have studied Dr. Eckman's on facial expression, deception, and the microflash. I am not an expert in body language, though I feel that it has served me well over the years in investigations. It will be interesting to hear from Dr. Lillian Glass on the interviews. Here is, however, what I have gleaned in the short interviews:

His body language is, overall, deceptive, including the shaking of the head "no" initially, at points talking about Hailey and his relationship with her, and the downward glances and eyes closing.

In my opinion, his microflash shows distinct contempt when he speaks about Hailey. Note that the expression goes by quickly, with the lower mouth forming the look of disdain about Hailey."

She's very outgoing and she loves her family. That's her number one thing. She's very involved in school, loves sports, and she's just overall a wonderful girl," he said on Jan. 3.

According to police, Shawn Adkins described her as promiscuous, boy crazy, on drugs, and mother had to talk to her about birth control in spite of being only 13 years of age.

"I didn't see anything out of ordinary other than the police saying she didn't take anything. That raised some red flags to us and really, really worried us."

Note that he, singular, didn't see anything out of ordinary but what the police said raised red flags to "us" (plural) and "really really" worried "us". Note the sensitivity of "worried" along with the fact that Hailey "left" without her favorite jacket and her mp3 player.

Note also that he speaks to the emotion/thoughts of others who are not present nor in the room with him (see video). This is an area commonly associated with deception.

Note in the January 4th interview, he uses a "self reference" which tells us that he is not working from experiential memory but from his previous statement. This is common in deception since theliar wishes to keep track of lies.
The self reference is "like I said" which means he was not working from experiential memory, but from what he said that day before.

Note also the introduction of the word "normal" regarding the day.

When someone uses the word "normal" always flag it as sensitive. If a person says "I am normal" it is an indication that they have been held out to be "abnormal" as some point in life. When someone introduces a day as "normal", you can safely assume that it was anything but normal.

Shawn Adkins, "my main focus is hailey. we just want her to come home safe" shows change from singular to plural.

"like I said she was just sitting in the living room watching TV like a normal day... and she said, 'Shawn, I'm going....'

As a self reference, it is not from experiential memory and I believe this is completely fabricated and not from any part memory. Shawn Adkins needs to tell us "sitting", which, in Analysis, is indicative of tension. This particular time is sensitive; and is allegedly about an hour before the brother, David (16) had to climb through a window and said Shawn looked like a "deer in the headlights". This is tense and the fact that he feels it necessary to recount that she used his name may indicate that he is not only deceptive, but fabricating this exchange entirely.

"As far as me, Hailey, Billie and David, we get along fine. I would never do anything to that little girl. I love her with all my heart."

Note the order:

Me
Hailey
Billie
David

"to" (it is not "with" as the article shows) that little girl shows distance ("that")

to the people pointing their fingers at you,

"they're entitled to their opinion" is polite and accepting language; not something associated with innocents. Innocent people do not allow for another opinion or view. Whenever you hear someone allowing for guilt to be placed upon them, the acceptance is an indicator of guilt itself. For more on this, see similar reactions from Tiffany Hartley when posed with the same indication.

Next, are there verbal indicators of sexual abuse?

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 1:44 PM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Investigation Into Hailey Dunn's Disappearance Not Losing Momentum   Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Investigation Into Hailey Dunn's Disappearance Not Losing Momentum

By Cassandra Garcia, KTXS News
POSTED: 2:09 pm CST January 17, 2011 UPDATED: 5:39 pm CST January 17, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- 21 days into the disappearance of 13-year old Colorado City teen, Hailey Dunn, law enforcement say their investigation has not lost momentum.
Monday, law enforcement in Colorado City continued to follow leads in the Hailey Dunn case.
Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer says officials including the FBI, Texas Rangers, various sheriff's departments and local police departments remain in the area looking for clues as to what might have happened to Hailey.
December 27th Hailey was reported missing. Her mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, told KTXS she was walking to a friends house, but never made it.
Adkins is the only named suspect in the case, but in an exclusive interview with AP Adkins denies ever hurting the teen.
Monday morning, officials say they received a tip from someone who says they saw Hailey walking down County Road 208 in Scurry County, but by early this afternoon they had ruled out the lead.
Kampfer says the focus has shifted to a criminal investigation and assures the community that tools like forensics and the best agencies are on the case.
"We are not giving up. Because there is not a physical presence that you see of law enforcement, that doesn't mean we're not being aggressive," said Kampfer.
Last Friday, law enforcement searched the Abilene Landfill, Kampfer said they have chosen not to release any information about their findings.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: 'False alarm' reported in case of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn   Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:21 pm

'False alarm' reported in case of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn

• By Celinda Emison
  • Abilene Reporter-News
  • Posted January 17, 2011 at 12:44 p.m.

A possible sighting of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn was a false alarm, officials with the task force said this morning.
Investigators received a tip that Hailey was spotted in a pickup on Highway 208 near Dunn,, which is 10 miles north of Colorado City.
“They checked out a possible sighting, but there was no substance to it,” said Pete Kampfer, city manager in Colorado City who is acting a spokesman for law enforcement in the case.
Hailey, 13, was reported missing by her mother Billie Dunn on Dec. 28.
Kampfer said investigators continue to follow up and work on leads in the case and have been searching in Mitchell, Howard, Nolan and Scurry counties.
Volunteers, including the Taylor County Sheriff’s Posse, combed several areas in south Scurry County Sunday but turned up nothing.
So far, investigators have not searched bodies of water, such as Lake Colorado City. Kampfer said no leads have been received that warrant law enforcement to drag the lake.
Kampfer reiterated that the case is now predominantly a criminal investigation.
Last week, Shawn Adkins, the live-in boyfriend of Billie Dunn, was named a suspect in the case.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: When Did Hailey Go Missing?   Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:13 am

When Did Hailey Go Missing?

Statement Analysis of Billie Dunn interview by Peter Hyatt.

What follows is the transcripts from the Nancy Grace Show from Monday, January 17, 2011, in which Billie Dunn, mother of missing 13 year old Hailey Dunn, appeared. Statement Analysis is in bold type. Grace announced 'bombshell' of MySpace videos by live in boyfriend and named suspect, Shawn Adkins, and that cadaver dogs had two hits in a landfill, though police declined to confirm it was related to the case.

It should be noted that this announcement was made while Billie Dunn appeared on the show.
Note also any bold type within a statement is made by me for emphasis.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Shocking video believed to be suspect Shawn Adkins allegedly smoking marijuana from YouTube.com.

BILLIE DUNN: I worry, what if he did do something to Hailey?

GRACE: Good evening, I`m Nancy Grace, I want to thank you for being with us. Bombshell tonight. In the last hours, eerie and threatening slasher video emerges. It`s Mommy`s live-in boyfriend, like out of a horror movie, and apparently smoking pot, too, on video. We have the video.

This issue was previous addressed (last week) with Billie Dunn who stated that it was "true crime" material.

BILLIE DUNN: First, of course, I never would have thought he could have anything to do with Hailey`s disappearance or could ever hurt her. But now he`s just not being cooperative and not talking to them.

When someone says "of course" they want us to accept something as fact. Note also verb tenses. When someone speaks in a future tense, even basing it upon unforeseen conditions, it is a weakened assertion.

Shawn Adkins: Nothing. They`re entitled to their opinion.

Innocent people do not allow for any opinion that does not include innocence.

BILLIE DUNN: If he did hurt my daughter, I`ll -- I`m -- I would be disgusted by that.

GRACE: We are taking your calls live. And also with us, taking your calls, Hailey`s mother and father, Billie and Clint Dunn. They are joining us from Hailey`s home. First to you, Billie Dunn. Did you have any idea that your live-in was into slasher videos, making them, dressing up in these crazy horror masks and Ninja outfits and machetes and chainsaws?

BILLIE DUNN: No. I knew that he had the mask, that he bought and traded masks. I didn`t watch the videos. I think that`s before we got together. I don`t know. And I did see some on line, and it`s not good.

Note "the" mask but then the change of language of traded "masks" plural. When the article "the" is used, it means the subject has recognized the noun previously.

Note "I think that's before we got together" with "think" showing reduced commitment and "we" showing cooperation. Note that it was the MySpace site where she met Adkins. Note that the "we" is used in context, before Hailey went missing. "We" indicates cooperation and it may appear unusual with the language of unity and cooperation with a man named a suspect in the disappearance of her daughter.

"I don't know" reduces commitment to not seeing the videos and knowing about them.

"And" When the word "And" begins a sentence, it means that there was more information at this point but the subject did not provide the information. The topic of the videos should be considered sensitive to Billie Dunn.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi, wonderful Nancy! I`d like to know if there`s any reason at all to believe that Hailey`s mother was so jealous of her boyfriend`s attention to Hailey that she (INAUDIBLE) behind Hailey`s disappearance?

This would have been a good question to ask Billie Dunn directly. Her answer would help. Nancy Grace deflects the hard and direct question.

GRACE: OK, hold on just one moment. Let me get this straight. Benay in New York, you`re asking is there a reason to believe that her mother, Billie Dunn, was so jealous over what?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Over -- over her boyfriend`s attention to Hailey.

GRACE: OK, I have nothing to suggest that. And also, I do know that the mom, Billie Dunn, was at work that day, that she got to work on time and stayed the whole day, her whole shift. I know that the little girl, Hailey, was observed by a third person -- that would be her brother, her 16-year-old brother -- the evening before around 9:00 PM playing a video game on TV, one of the box games. I also know the neighbor, apparently -- although we have not been able to confirm this and neither have the police, a neighbor says that they observed her around noon in the back yard talking on a cell phone. And that puts Billie Dunn out of the picture if that neighbor comes through.

You also have the boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, saying he gets home. He gets home around 3:00 o`clock. Hailey`s there, and she leaves to walk to a little friend`s house.

So let`s go to the mom, Billie Dunn. What`s your response to Benay in New York that you were so jealous of your boyfriend`s attention to Hailey that you murdered her?

BILLIE DUNN: Wow. I`m definitely not jealous of her. I`m so proud of her for how smart she is, how pretty she is, how funny she is. She didn`t get any special attention from Shawn.

"Wow" expresses surprise.
"I'm definitely not jealous of her" shows sensitive reaction. Note that the response is in the present tense, which, taken with the "we" suggests that the relationship with Shawn Adkins is not over at this time. It also means that at this time (present) she is not jealous; but does not address past times, which the caller was asking about.
Note that the descriptions of Hailey is present tense, as if Hailey is alive. This is expected. When a parent of a missing child slips into past tense language, it is an indication of knowledge or belief that the child is deceased.

Note "she didn't get any special attention..." is past tense.

GRACE: You know, another thing, Billie...

BILLIE DUNN: I`m not jealous at all.

Adkins: Just like a -- every ordinary day, you know? Because she comes and goes like that quite a bit.

When someone says "normal" or "ordinary", it is an indication that the day was anything but.

GRACE: There is Shawn Adkins reportedly wearing a horror slice and dice mask, actually reenacting slice and dice scenes on video!

BREMNER: Well, you know, but this is like deja vu all over again. Amanda Knox had video like that. You know, you`ve seen it with Casey Anthony. But it`s not always admissible, Nancy.

Note the "we" between Adkins and Dunn, and then that MySpace is where they met, and then the weakness of the denial of the videos. Now, an attorney adds in two other cases; both murder cases.

B. DUNN: People are going to throw me under the bus and run me through the mud. They`re going to pick out the worst details of my life and throw it out there looking for somebody to blame.

Note the concern that the mother has for being blamed. We would not expect to hear anything but concern for the missing child. Note the possessive pronoun which takes ownership in "my life" indicating that the subject is aware of details in her life that she does not want known. This may be the cause of the sensitivity and lying, however, as the deception (see previous analysis) may be related to this case, since drug use likely contributed to the factors that caused Hailey to go missing.

ADKINS: I just hope she makes it home safe and sound soon because we`re ready for her to come home.

Was there a time when "we" weren't ready for her to return "safe and sound"?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hailey`s case was on national television. And Nancy Grace seemed to be a little hard on you. What was that like having you question her like that?

ADKINS: I heard about it. I wasn`t there when Billie was getting interviewed by her. I was talking to the Texas rangers but I heard about it. It`s frustrating what she said about me, but it really doesn`t bother me, because my main focus is Hailey, we want her to come home safe.

Innocent people do not allow for any contrary beliefs. It is not part of an innocent person's vocabulary. When a subject allows for guilt to be part of someone else's opinion, it is a red flag. This same question was posed to Tiffany Hartley (see analysis from November 2010) where she allowed for a contrary opinion of the police; something the innocent can not and will not accept.

CALLER: Since the mom failed the first polygraph test, has she asked the police to take another one?

This is a great question which should have been posed to Billie Dunn last week. It is difficult when Nancy Grace takes a simple and straightforward question and turns it into a compound question. Compound questions allow the subject to pick and choose which part of the question they wish to answer. Compound questions should be avoided at all times by interviewers and is part of training for all interviewers.

GRACE: That`s an excellent question. To Billie Dunn joining us tonight and taking your calls, I know cops told you deception possible on your first polygraph. That`s what you tell us. Cops say they never said any such of a thing. Are you willing to take another poly, and if not with the local cops, would you take one with the Feds?

The basic question appears to be: Will you take a polygraph with the feds, though it could be will you take another...

B. DUNN: No. I would think about taking one with somebody else, with the FBI.

From the answer, we learn that Billie Dunn says she will not take another polygraph with the police, but only that she will "think" about taking one with the FBI. Note that "think" is a weak answer, rather than a "yes" or a "no".

Billie Dunn reported that she had failed the polygraph but blamed the police by saying they told her that Shawn failed right before hers. We would need to see the transcripts and results to know how this information impacted her. However, in her account was sensitivity indicators, which we now have learned was due to withheld information:

Shawn walking out of two polygraphs.

Billie Dunn was deceptive about her answers and Nancy Grace makes assumptions.

GRACE: That is the Feds.

B. DUNN: But that`s something I`d have to think long and hard about.

Note that the first answer is that she would "think" about taking a FBI administered polygraph. Now she weakens the answer further by saying "I'd have to think long and hard". This indicates that the subject of a well administered polygraph is sensitive to Bille Dunn, regarding the disappearance of her daughter.

ALEXIS WEED, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Nancy, we`re getting a little bit more information on what could be the timeline that has to do with Monday December 27th, the day in question. We`re finding out today from Billie Dunn, that perhaps there was a text message, she`s hearing from police, a text message was sent from her phone, that`s the phone that Hailey would use, she used her mother`s phone, sent at 2:00 in the afternoon, to the friend where she was supposedly going according to Shawn Adkins to the friend`s house, however, there was no response to that text. The text said just what are you doing to the friend.

Police have both Billie and Shawn's phones.

GRACE: Now Billie Dunn, explain to me the significance of that?

B. DUNN: With Shawn getting the cell phone pings coming back to Colorado City that morning, I want to know who she talked to on the phone, it`s very important to me if she was on that phone and they`re not saying that anybody is an accountable witness it seems that has seen her on Monday. So I want to know who called my cell phone that morning and that afternoon, and who she called, and those are answers that I know they have, that they still haven`t gotten back with me on.

Statement Analysis of the quote:

With Shawn getting the cell phone pings coming back to Colorado City that morning, I want to know who she talked to on the phone,

Note that with Shawn coming back to Hailey's home, Billie wants to know who Hailey spoke to, not what Shawn did.

Commentary: Statement Analysis shows sensitivity, even within certain topics. Commentary is thoughts, opinions, and even speculation about why a topic is sensitive. Here, Billie shows that her priority isn't about thinking what Shawn may have done. This may indicate that she does not believe he did anything; or it may indicate that she knows he did, and wants to move the topic away to something else.

We have many concerns that Billie Dunn may be involved in this case, even if it is only part of the cover up.

We also have questions about the time frame. Billie Dunn states, with priority, that Hailey went missing while she was at work. This is important to Billie Dunn, whereas we would expect an innocent parent to care for nothing but the missing child. With Billie Dunn, we see care about her being accused (above) about her own drug purchases, about her appearance, and about partying (New Year's Eve) more than anything else.

When did Hailey go missing?

If Hailey was last seen at 9PM, how does Bille Dunn know when she went missing?

The time between when she was last seen by her brother, David, and 6AM, in my opinion, appears to be sensitive; so sensitive, in fact, that Shawn drove all the way to work just to be seen, and left only a few minutes after arriving.

This may suggest that what happened to Hailey may have already taken place.

I think what happened to Hailey Dunn happened after midnight and before 6AM.

"it`s very important to me if she was on that phone "
Why is it "very" important (increased sensitivity) that Hailey was on "that" phone? This is a strange sentence. Does this indicate that it is important to her so that it clears Shawn Adkins? Does it indicate that its importance with regard to going to Marybeth's? Nancy Grace never bothered to ask questions about Billie Dunn following up with Marybeth's mother or family and we should note the importance that Billie Dunn places on the "phone". Will we see more sensitivity related to "phone"? What about the witness who saw Hailey that day, talking on Billie's phone?
and they`re not saying that anybody is an accountable witness it seems that has seen her on Monday. So I want to know who called my cell phone that morning and that afternoon, and who she called, and those are answers that I know they have, that they still haven`t gotten back with me on
Note the emphasis: not what happened to Hailey, but who called Hailey on her cell phone, and then who Hailey called. She contends that the police are withholding this information from her about this "very important" topic. Billie Dunn seems to fear the unknown; not about her daughter, but about what the police are not telling her. Why is this so important?
It may suggest that Billie Dunn has a need to express that some stranger abducted Hailey.
Why won't Billie Dunn agree to take a polygraph with the FBI? By this point, it is no longer about the drugs; that is already known by the world. The early indicators of sensitivity could have been about the drugs, but now that it is known, if not drugs, what does Billie Dunn not want known about her?
From combining her statements, we know that Billie Dunn lied (by withholding information; deception) about Shawn's threat of violence against Hailey, about drug use, about the slasher videos, about partying after Hailey was missing...This leads to a simple question:
What else is Billie Dunn withholding?
After the drugs, partying and slasher videos, what else is so sensitive that she must think "long and hard" about taking a polygraph with the FBI?

GRACE: To Clint Dunn, well, to both of you, I want to find out about this neighbor that you have said places her alive in the backyard at 12:00 noon the day she goes missing, this is the Monday after Christmas on Saturday.

Police keep telling us, they can`t confirm that anybody saw her alive at noon, which really changes the timeline, Billie and Clint Dunn, because think about it, that puts her seen by someone outside of you and Shawn Adkins, back until 9:00 the night before, when your 16-year-old son saw her playing on Xbox, all right?
This is not truthful reporting. Nancy Grace knows that the police dismissed this neighbor as one involved in drugs. This was previously reported.

After that, nobody saw her. That was it. That ruins the police time line. So help me out, how can we locate this person that claims they saw her at 12:00 noon on the Monday where she goes missing? First to you Clint Dunn?

C. DUNN: He did live next door, I believe he moved out. I don`t know his name or anything.
C Dunn is likely not involved in the disappearance of his daughter. From the totality of his statements, he does not appear to have an active role in his daughter's life, outside of watching TV. If his own mother is to be believed, C Dunn was less than involved; he was negligent in speaking with his daughter; who apparently was afraid of Adkins. Also, did C Dunn know about the police report from February where police said Adkins threatened his daughter? If he did not know about it, why not?

GRACE: Do you know where he went?

C. DUNN: No, I don`t.
He doesn't know which is why the answer is short and without amplication or sensitivity.

GRACE: Do you know who would know?

C. DUNN: Well, the police would know.

GRACE: How about the people --

C. DUNN: And also --

GRACE: Go ahead, Billie.

B. DUNN: Yeah, the guy who owns it, Travis, he knows where Dennis went, the guy who saw her. But there`s also another lady, Jean Burris (ph), a neighbor of ours, whose grandchildren grew up with our kids. She says she saw her Monday, she said she told the FBI that twice. She saw her Monday between 10:30 and 12:00. She knows it was Monday because she doesn`t do hair on Sunday. She knows it was that day. She knows Hailey. And I believe Jillian spoke with her also, but police aren`t telling me that.
Note that Billie had previously reported that a neighbor saw Hailey talking on her (Billie's) cell phone at noon on Monday. Police dismissed this as drug related. It does, however, raise the question of whether or not Billie asked the neighbor to state that Hailey was seen at noon on Billie Dunn's cell phone. She believes, again, that police are deliberatley withholding critical information from her, which is showing sensitivity.
Note also that "so, since, therefore, because" shows sensitivity as it has a need to explain why, rather than what happened. Here, Billie is attempting to "prove" this to be true: since the woman cuts hair on certain days.

GRACE: We did talk to her, this is the hairstylist. Did she see her out the window or did her children see Hailey or both?

B. DUNN: She saw Hailey out the window.
Yet, she was able to see that the phone belonged to Billie Dunn from the distance out the window? This strains credibility and suggests that Billie may have planted this story, either to the press, or with a neighbor.

GRACE: Right. Now she places her between 10:30 and 12:00, where was Hailey?

B. DUNN: Just cutting across her yard.
This is significant. By adding these words, it reduces the possibility of a person seeing what phone Hailey was using as Billie now has Hailey in motion.

GRACE: Across her yard going to where?

B. DUNN: Possibly toward the dollar store that she walked to, but she lives catty corner from me. My backyard catty corners to her backyard.

GRACE: now you said she was on her way to the dollar store, did she ever make it to the dollar store? Do we know?

B. DUNN: No, they say the only video footage they have of her in the dollar store was Sunday.

GRACE: OK, that`s odd, because they do have video of her on Sunday. Is there anyway Jean was mistaken and saw her on Sunday?

B. DUNN: Several people tell me if Jean says she saw her Monday then she definitely saw her Monday. And again, she didn`t do hair on Sunday and she had just gotten finished doing somebody`s hair.
Note "me" rather than report to police.

GRACE: That`s a good point. She was doing hair on Monday, yes?

B. DUNN: Right. Yes.

GRACE: OK, OK. That helps a lot. Out to the lines, Linda in Texas. Hi, Linda.

CALLER: Hello, you know, I`ve been doing some searching on foot and stuff, and I`ve gathered a lot of little information, and I`m not an authority, OK? But I have a pretty extended family, they don`t live nearby. If one of us went missing, within an hour or less, everybody that I know would have had a phone call, people that live in California would have found out and everything. We would have been calling around. I found out that some of the relatives found out by co-workers at work a day later. That is just unbelievable, and that`s like wasting time when a kid is missing. I just don`t believe it.

GRACE: OK, tell me about the relatives, caller, Linda in Texas, were they on the mom`s or the dad`s side? Are they extended relatives, like second and third cousins?

CALLER: They`re very close relatives, and I think that they probably would know who they are, and I don`t want to put that --

GRACE: OK, got it. Let`s go to Billie and Clint Dunn on that. First to you, Billie Dunn, did you put out an APB, all points bulletin? Did you tell all of your family immediately? What did you do? Explain to us once again that day when you got home from work?

B. DUNN: I told all of my -- and I believe I told all of my close family members and I got a hold of all of Hailey`s friends that day.
Note a broken sentence indicates that the subject stopped herself and is withholding information. It is sensitive. Lying causes internal stress which is why it is easier to deceive or lie by withholding infornation via the editing process. Here, we know information is withheld as she stopped, but we do not know why she stopped. She said "I told all of my" but then stopped. We can conclude that she did not tell all of her family, but then she qualifies it with "I think" and then qualifies family as "close" family. It is likely that Billie Dunn did not tell many people, especially close family members at this time.
Next note that after the weak "told" family, she "got hold" of "all" of Hailey's friends. There is a change of language. Note that when language changes, it either represents a change in reality or it is possible deception We would need to ask her what the difference is between being on the phone to "tell" family (or close family) and getting a "hold" of Hailey's friends.
It would be an error to say that Billie Dunn called all of Hailey's friends because in Statement Analysis we listen to what the subject tells us.
Did the subject tell us she told all of Hailey's friends? She did not.
GRACE: Now, tell me what happened when you got home from work, does Adkins come pick you up?
Note that 4 appearances on this show and Nancy Grace does not know the answer to this very simple, basic yet important question. This is what deceptive people do: they leave out information and 'tire' listeners with confusion. Grace rightly seeks clarification.

B. DUNN: No, Tuesday when I got home, when I realized she didn`t spend the night at Mary Beth`s, I came straight home, my sister-in-law gave me a ride. And then Shawn met me here.
Note that in Statement Analysis, when people work from experiential memory, they can recite what happened, backwards and forwards, and will report in chronological order. Any deviation from chronological order is sensitive and could indicate willful deception.
1. No. This is a straight and honest answer to the question, Did Adkins pick you up? and is reliable. Note that there are no qualifiers nor additional words. The shortest answer is best.
2. When I got home, I realized...This places her at the home and now she has the realization that Hailey is missing.
3. I came straight home is out of chronological order and is an indication of deception.
4. my sister in law gave me a ride places her back at work
5. And then Shawn met me here places her back at the home.
Because the sentence goes by quickly, the listener must be alert in order to catch this and ask appropriate follow up questions. Just as quickly as the sentence went by, is not as fast as it was processed in the subject's mind, who chooses the words in less than a microsecond. GRACE: And what happens when you get home from work that day? When does Shawn tell you she`s gone?

B. DUNN: He told me Monday afternoon that she had went to Mary Beth`s?

Note that B Dunn does not answer the question. This is an indiction that it is sensitive. This should have been explored at length. The sensitivity is specific about what was said to her that told her that Hailey was missing: this is sensitive. Why is it sensitive? Did it take place? If it did not take place, the wording then comes from imagination.

GRACE: So when do you realize she`s missing? When does he tell you she`s not there?
Grace attempts to get her to answer directly.

B. DUNN: He didn`t tell me, I found out first Tuesday afternoon, when I called to say, tell Hailey to come home.
She denied that Adkins told her. This is not the same as reporting what wasn't said, because the question assumes that he had told her. Therefore, it is not a negation and is not sensitive.
"I found out first Tuesday afternoon should cause the interviewer to ask when she found out second...or subsequently. Note that "first" is unusual and unexpected.

GRACE: And what time was that, Billie?

B. DUNN: It was around noon on the 28th.
This is critical as it now places the time of discovery at noon on the 28th. The behavior at noon and afterwards should be carefully examined by investigators. What time did the sister in law pick her up?

GRACE: And when you learned she had never come home, what did you do?
Note that it is not initially out of chronological order as Grace takes her back to noon.

B. DUNN: I left work, stopped by the house first, to make sure she hadn`t got there, went by a couple of her friends` houses and went to the police station.
"I left work" with "left" showing sensitivity; 70% likely due to time constraint, traffic, rushing, etc, but 30% critical information withheld.
"stopped by the house first" is without a pronoun. We cannot say that she "stopped by" (which sounds casual and not alarmed) the house, "to make sure" (could she have called?) "went by a couple of her friends" and went to the police.
Without pronouns, she is removing herself from these activities. Therefore, we cannot say that she did these things unless evidence tells us she did. We know that she did go by the police, but we need to learn why she does not want herself associated with these topics. Police likely followed up on this information and it may be related to the failed polygraph. We can conclude that the period of time after 12noon is highly sensitive to the subject; enough to suddenly drop pronouns (ownership) and reduces reliability.

B. DUNN: I never would have thought he could hurt me or the kids.
Note future tense reduces comittment and that she used the word "never" and lists herself before the kids. Note also that in February of 2010, the police were notified that he threatened to kill Hailey and Billie Dunn. This report likely came from Billie herself or that Billie was aware of the threat when police responded. She moved him in anyway a few months later. This is 'failure to protect' from a drug abusing mother, whom has received the praises of Nancy Grace and Marc Klass.

GRACE: Just as we go to air, slasher, slice and dice video emerges and photos, still photos, of the live-in boyfriend taken of him, much of it actually posted online, apparently he`s also smoking pot. I want to go to Rupa Mikkilineni joining us at Hailey`s home, what do you know about all of this?

MIKKILINENI: Nancy, we know that he had some video posted on a MySpace account. It`s him and his cousin smoking pot in a boat, screaming, yelling, carrying on, and then you have photographs that are really frightening. They look like something out of Freddie Krueger. He has a mask on, looks like some kind of a creature, and he`s got an apron, industrial style clothing, holding a chainsaw.
Note Billie Dunn's initial interview in which she talks about meeting Shawn over his MySpace and her Myspace accounts and the increased sensitivity in her answers regarding him.

GRACE: An apron to catch the blood spatter.

MIKKILINENI: Exactly, Nancy. An apron that looks like it would be used in some type of machete massacre.

GRACE: OK Rupa, why?

MIKKILINENI: Nancy, we also know that he has a history or background of slasher films. Police found a collection in the bedroom of Hailey Dunn and Shawn Adkins` bedroom here at the house where there are slasher films, murder films, murder memorabilia, obsessed, absolutely obsessed with murder, Nancy.

GRACE: To Billie Dunn, you know what a back flip I would do if I thought someone watched a slice and dice slasher movie in front of the twins? What was he doing with all of that at the home?

B. DUNN: We all watched horror movies. Like I said before, we have mostly comedies in this house. But comedies can`t be looked down upon.
Note the added emphasis of "we all". Note the language is "horror movies" rather than reflecting NG use of "slasher" movie. Note also the use of self reference, a signal that the subject has increased sensitivity and is relying upon her previous words rather than experiential memory.
Note comedies is introduced not only as a deflection, but as a defense; this may give insight into what Billie thought of horror movies: amusing.

GRACE: Comedies can`t be what?

B. DUNN: Looked down upon.

GRACE: I`m not talking about the comedies, I`m happy about the comedies.

B. DUNN: I know.
Note that the deflection is left off.

GRACE: Our hope tonight is that Hailey is alive and will be brought home to her mother and father who, to their credit, are with us tonight, taking your calls live.

Back to Billie and Clint Dunn, Hailey`s parents. Take a look at this 13-year-old cheerleader. According to reports, she goes around the block, to go see a little friend for a sleepover, is never seen again.

To Clint Dunn, this is Hailey`s father, Hailey`s father, I know you have been out physically searching for your little girl. What do you make of your mother`s fear that she was attacked by the boyfriend? I don`t want to focus just on the boyfriend, all right, because it could be somebody else. I don`t want to have tunnel vision on him. But she told us, here on the show, that your daughter feared him, that he would come and stand at her door at night.

C. DUNN: Yeah, you know, that kind of scared me, but I really didn`t want to hear it. Like your expert said the other day, it`s her emotions and she`s seen the worst things that can happen out of this.
What has the grandmother seen?

GRACE: Jean Casarez, what more can you tell us?

CASAREZ: You know, Nancy, we know Billie Dunn has said she left her cell phone at the house on that Monday and Billie Dunn has told us there was a text message at 2:00 in the afternoon to Mary Beth. But Nancy, we don`t know if Hailey made that text message, sent it, because it fits the suspect`s timeline to a T.

Note that if Billie left work at noon and met Shawn at the house, by 2PM, whoever made that text, it may be known by the subject.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 3:22 AM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Peter Hyatt: Billie Dunn To Be Arrested   Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Peter Hyatt: Billie Dunn To Be Arrested

Will Billie Dunn be arrested in correlation to the disappearance of her daughter, Hailey Dunn? Statement Analysis shows that Billie Dunn is withholding information and likely has reason to fail the polygraph. We expect an arrest.

Billie Dunn has not been named as a suspect yet her deception suggests involvement. We expect that police are gathering enough evidence to not only arrest Shawn Adkins, live in boyfriend of Billie Dunn, but that Billie Dunn may be arrested on related charges to the disappearance of her 13 year old daughter, Hailey.

Fox News is reporting that evidence found in the landfill in Abilene is related to the disappearance of Hailey Dunn. Note that it is 70 miles from Colorado City which will move the time frame to the area of sensitivity noted in our analysis. See the analysis here:

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2011/01/when-did-hailey-go-missing.html

Billie Dunn's statement "she went missing while I was at work" shows sensitivity and alibi building, along with the "eyewitness" who may have been coached to saying that Hailey was using Billie's phone. Police have dismissed this as unreliable.

We have unaccounted for time prior to Billie Dunn going to work; from 9PM when her brother saw her playing a video game, she was not seen again by anyone reliable (only Shawn, the main suspect, claims to have seen her that afternoon). after the video game. The brother guessed that his sister could play a video game for up to 3 hours.

The time period from 9PM until the next morning 6am is when Hailey may have met harm, and then Shawn left for work to be seen there, only to leave 5 minutes later. It may have been that this was a weak attempt at deception, but his supervisor saw him leave.

It took 4 appearances on the Nancy Grace Show to get an answer from Billie Dunn regarding when she left work and when she learned that Hailey was missing.

The time frame that Hailey "went missing while I was at work" simply isn't something that, given what Billie told police, could be verified.

How would she know? She had not checked in on her daugher and the last reliable person to see her was her brother, at 9PM. Yet, it was important enough for her to state it early on. That she was at work was a priority to Bille Dunn. Why? Why would a mother need the world to know she was at work while her daughter went missing?

Shawn, with or without Billie's help, may have brought her to harm late that night, or after midnight.

It may be that he moved her Tuesday morning when he said he was at his mother's house, but was actually back in Colorado City.

The sensitivity indicators and known deception by Billie Dunn suggests culpability.

The past tense language by Billie Dunn shows belief or knowledge of Hailey's death.

Dunn could be charged with lying to police, obstructing justice, witness tampering, or other activities related to Shawn Adkins.

It should be noted that Shawn Adkins, live in boyfriend of Billie Dunn, spoke of Hailey in the past tense as well.

We do not expect this to end well, and we expect to hear arrest warrants for both Shawn Adkins and likely for Bille Dunn even if an accessory after the fact.

The behavior of the mother, including drugging and partying while Hailey was missing, as well as her lack of affect and lack of active search or concern are all noteworthy.

Bille Dunn and Shawn Adkins failed polygraphs for good reason.

Billie's constant use of the pronoun "we" show that she is still united with him and will likely face arrest with him as well.

Dogs searching a landfill in Abilene, Texas, found evidence in the case of a missing 13-year-old girl from West Texas, a spokesman for the investigation told the Associated Press.

Authorities did not elaborate on the evidence discovered and why the investigation led them to a vast landfill in the town, which is 70 miles east of Colorado City, where Hailey Darlene Dunn went missing last month.

Hailey was reported missing by her mother on Dec. 28.
Hailey, a student and cheerleader at Colorado City Middle School, was thought to be spending the night at a nearby friend's house, but was reported missing the next day when she did not return home.
Authorities have said that her mother's live-in boyfriend, Shawn Casey Adkins, is among several "persons of interest" in the case.

According to a police affidavit filed in the investigation, Adkins remarked to a relative that hurting a teenager would be "like killing a deer."
The affidavit, which seeks phone records of Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, and Adkins, also notes that the couple had an apparent fixation on slasher movies and serial killers -- something Dunn called a "hobby."
Peter Kampfer, the city manager, told FoxNews.com last Thursday that the information in the affidavit would suggest that Adkins is a suspect in the case, but the investigation is ongoing.
"There are a lot of suspects in the case," said Kampfer.
The affidavit shows that an uncle of Hailey's told police that after the girl vanished he asked Adkins how anyone could hurt a teenager. Adkins reportedly responded, "It’s like killing a deer."

The affidavit also notes that in February 2010, police responded to a domestic violence call at the house. Adkins allegedly threatened to kill Billie and Hailey Dunn during a heated argument. After telling police he never issued these threats, he later allegedly confessed to police that he threatened the two.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 4:23 PM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Billie Dunn, 911, and the Polygraph   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:23 am

Bille Dunn, 911, and the Polygraph

Will Billie Dunn take another polygraph? Don't bet on it.

The original polygraph that she failed likely had questions such as:

1. Is your name Billie Dunn?
2. Are you the mother of Hailey Dunn?
3. Is Shawn Adkins your boyfriend?
4. Did you cause Hailey to disappear?
5. Are you withholding information about Hailey' disappearance?
6. Do you know what happened to Hailey?

She failed.

A caller on the program asked Billie Dunn if she'd be willing to take another polygraph exam after reportedly failing her initial attempt. Dunn has previously told KTAB News she's not sure if she'd take an exam from local authorities again."I would think about taking one with someone else -- with the FBI," said Dunn. "That's something I would have to think long and hard about."
Think long and hard she must. She failed the polygraph and likely lied about how it was administered and blamed Shawn's failure for upsetting her.

On the Nancy Grace Show, what follows was known to producers, but the topic was avoided by Nancy Grace.

Hailey's Mom to 911: Shawn's Threatening to Kill Me

KTAB News has obtained 911 calls made in February 2010 related to a domestic dispute during which, according to police affidavits, Shawn Adkins allegedly threatened to kill 13-year-old Hailey Dunn and her mother.Adkins is the boyfriend of Hailey’s mother, Billie Dunn, and the only confirmed suspect in the girl’s disappearance. According to police, Adkins was the last person to see Hailey on December 27: the day she went missing.According to search warrant affidavits filed after Hailey's disappearance, Adkins admitted to investigators that he threatened the lives of both Billie and Hailey during a domestic dispute.The three 911 calls, obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, refer to threats made against Billie and her estranged husband, Clint, but not against Hailey.In the first call, made to Colorado City police at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 14, Billie Dunn told a dispatcher that she was at work in Snyder and feared Adkins was going to enter her home and take something.Dunn: “My boyfriend and I just broke up yesterday, but he’s saying that he’s going to go in my house and get his t-shirt and I don’t want him in there while I’m gone because I don’t know what he’ll take. I don’t trust him enough to go in there."Dunn went on to tell dispatchers that she feared Adkins could take a television or her son’s X-Box. Dunn also revealed that she rarely locked the windows or doors.The dispatcher told Dunn that it was not possible for an officer to stand by her house all day, but said she would inform police.Three and a half hours later, Dunn made a second call to 911 claiming Adkins threatened her life.Dunn: “I broke up with this guy a couple days ago and he’s a little ‘MHMR.' He’s telling me that he’s going to kill me and my ex-husband. And it’s going to be remembered for a long time.”Dunn said Adkins made the repeated threats via text message.“I texted back just to try and calm him down a little, but he said it’s going to happen.”In a second portion of the call released to KTAB News, the dispatcher is heard telling the officer that it was Dunn making the request for assistance.“(She has) been going all day,” the officer replied.The third call was made from a Snyder police officer to Colorado City police around 4:30 p.m. on the same day, informing dispatchers that he had received a call from Adkins.Officer: “We got a call over here from her boyfriend say that she’s possible suicidal, threatening to take a bunch of pills."Dispatcher: “We’ve been having a big problem with those two all day.”The affidavits signed on Jan. 7 say Adkins originally told authorities that he never threatened Hailey during the dispute, but that he then admitting to threaten the lives of both Hailey and Billie.=

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 3:51 AM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Open Letter TO Billie Dunn   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:26 am

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Open Letter TO Billie Dunn

by Peter Hyatt

An open letter to Billie Dunn:

Dear Billie,

it's over.

You've been on television and you've said too much now, and police know that you are withholding information from them about Hailey's disappearance.

You need to tell police where they can find Hailey.

Hailey deserves better than this, doesn't she?.

You saw how Nancy Grace and Marc Klass said you were courageous and brave and how you've stood up to tough questions, but you know what really tough questions are like because the police asked them to you in the polygraph.

You failed the polygraph and everyone knows it.

Don't let fantasy justice on TV convince you that you have fooled the police. You haven't. The police know and they will never stop hounding you. Never.

People don't believe TV shows are for justice; they are for entertainment and they say nice things to you and blame Shawn so you will keep coming back on the show. They are playing you, but the police know better.

Did you notice how Nancy Grace didn't ask you about your call to police to report Shawn threatening you? Did you notice how Nancy Grace talked about Shawn smoking marijuana but she didn't ask you about drug abuse? She isn't fooling you, is she, Billie?

You haven't fooled the public, either. They are the ones who call the show and ask real questions, like if you will take another polygraph, this time, by the FBI. You can tell that they know by the questions they ask. The suspicion will lead to more and more real questions by real people.

You know what will happen to you if you do take another polygraph: you will fail again and this time, you won't be able to blame police.

But what about Hailey? [1].jpg]

Hailey was adorable and Hailey was so much more than just a cheerleader, wasn't she? What else did Hailey like to do?

What was Hailey like when she was a baby?

Hailey was cute baby, wasn't she? Did people used to say that Hailey looked just like you? Do you remember how it felt to have everyone say how beautiful Hailey was and how Hailey had your eyes?

When did Hailey learn to walk? Do you remember Hailey's first steps?
I bet it gave you a lot of laughs and made you feel like a good mama to see Hailey walk and laugh and clap her hands.

I bet you felt so proud of Hailey.

What were Hailey's first words?

What did it feel like when Hailey first said, "Mama!"? I bet it felt amazing, didn't it?

Do you remember Hailey's first day at school?

What did you dress Hailey in? Do you remember how proud you felt of your little Hailey, like a big girl, off to school?

Hailey was a good girl, wasn't she?

You loved Hailey. You still love Hailey, don't you, Billie?

You don't like begin torn apart like this, do you? You long to clear your conscience and sleep again. You need to do the right thing, Billie.

Don't protect Shawn any longer. The screws are tightening on him anyway and you know he will eventually tell police everything; everything. He will blame you, Billie, for everything. He is like that. A mother's love is stronger for her daughter than it is for a boyfriend, isn't it?

Hailey needs proper rest now.

Hailey deserves better than this.

People are searching a garbage dump for your daughter, Hailey.

You want better for Hailey. You don't want Hailey to be in a garbage dump. Hailey didn't even have her favorite jacket with her.

Maybe it was an accident, but Shawn is going to blame you. You never meant for this to happen to Hailey.

Hailey deserves better than this and you can do something, right now, for Hailey, Billie. You can do something for Hailey right now.

Billie, you're never going to get another night's rest until you tell police what you know. The police told us that they know you haven't told them everything. While you were speaking on TV, they ran a headline beneath you which told us that. Look at the tape of it today. You can read it for yourself and then you'll know why Nancy Grace didn't ask you about it. It was for entertainment, but Hailey isn't for entertainment, is she? Hailey is your daughter and Hailey needs to come home.

Go to them now. Shawn is not worth it. Hailey is worth it.

Billie, you are Hailey's mother. You were the one who took care of Hailey when she was sick, and you were the one who got up in the middle of the night to feed Hailey. Billie, think of all those times you cared for Hailey. Think of when Hailey fell and cried, and only you were there for her. Think of how it felt when you felt like you were alone caring for Hailey and not being helped. You were so tired but you loved Hailey anyway. You were Hailey's 'mama' and Hailey held tightly on to you, didn't she?

Billie, you took care of Hailey, not Shawn.

Do you remember having to call the police on Shawn? Of course he he blamed you and he is going to blame you again.

But it wasn't Hailey, was it? It was Shawn. He said he would hurt you and now he has hurt you where it hurts the most: with your daughter, Hailey. Police said he confessed to saying he was going to kill you. Don't stick up for him any longer.

Won't you stick up for Hailey now?

I know you were scared, but now is the time for you to do the right thing for Hailey.

Go to the police right now, Billie. Call them to your home and sit on Hailey's bed, and tell them where they can find Hailey.

Be a good mom to Hailey right now.

It's so terribly cold outside and you want Hailey to come home. You will feel better when you tell police what you have wanted to tell them.

Billie, Hailey needs you now. Forget everything else and help Hailey come home.

Billie, you are Hailey's Mama.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 3:57 AM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Witness: Boy Spotted with Dunn on Day of Disappearance   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 am

Witness: Boy Spotted with Dunn on Day of Disappearance

Reported by: Jessica Reyes
Wednesday, January 19 2011

A woman who lives around the corner from Hailey Dunn said she saw her with an unfamiliar boy on December 27th, the last day anyone saw her.

Jean Burroughs watched Hailey and her brother grow up.

"David and her were always together, and they always played with my grandkids," she said.

She said she saw Hailey walk past her beauty salon on 19th Street in Colorado City countless times. However, on December 27th, she claims she saw Hailey walking with a six or seven-year-old boy she didn't recognize.

"That's why I was looking at her so strong when she was going down the alley, trying to figure out if I knew that kid. But I didn't know him," she said.

Burroughs claims she watched the pair walk down the alley that leads to the Dunns between 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 that afternoon.

Billie Dunn mentioned Burroughs on the Nancy Grace Show Monday night.

"There's also another lady, Jean Burroughs, a neighbor of ours whose grandchildren grew up with our kids. She says she saw her Monday," Dunn said.

If the sighting is confirmed, it would debunk any theory that Shawn Adkins took Hailey the morning of December 27th.

Cell phone records show Adkins' cell phone pinging from Big Spring from just after 9:30 a.m. until 2:40 p.m. that day.

Jean said she has no idea what could have happened to the 13-year-old, but she's keeping the Dunn family in her prayers.

Police haven't said much about the little boy who was with Hailey that day. Burroughs said investigators told her he was too young to be considered a valid witness.

Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: SEARCH FOR HAILEY DUNN - COLORADO CITY, TEXAS   Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:01 am

SEARCH FOR HAILEY DUNN - COLORADO CITY, TEXAS
Published 01/19/2011 - 6:20 a.m. CST

FRIENDSWOOD, TX - 13 year old Hailey Dunn was last seen December 27, 2010 at her home in Colorado City, Texas. She has not been seen or heard from since that afternoon. Representatives from the Laura Recovery Center and Klaas Kids are in Colorado City to organize a community search for Hailey.

Volunteers are needed to search help for Hailey. Search volunteers are asked to wear comfortable, warm clothes with appropriate walking shoes or boots. Volunteers must be 18 years old or older and have a picture ID with them.

Volunteers are asked to report to the Colorado City Civic Center at 157 West Second Street, Colorado City, Texas 79512-6304, 325-728-2072 at 10AM on Wednesday, January 19, 2011, and succeeding days. Look for a Laura Recovery Center banner at the Civic Center.

Volunteers will be briefed, organized into search teams, and given an area to search. Those not wanting to search may be asked to help in the Search Center. Search teams will be debriefed after they return to the Search Center and all information gathered will be shared with local law enforcement.

The Laura Recovery Center is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, that was founded in Laura Smither's memory. The Center focuses on Education, Search, and Prevention in the area of missing children, has offered free abduction prevention programs to over 200,000 children throughout the greater Houston area, worked with approximately 1,500 families with missing loved ones, and has organized 99 community searches for abducted children nationwide. The Center trains law enforcement at the Houston Police Department training academy and other agencies in Texas, and distributes educational materials and child ID kits.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Billie Dunn: 'We're Looking For A Living, Breathing Little Girl'   Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Billie Dunn: 'We're Looking For A Living, Breathing Little Girl'

By Jacqueline Hince, KTXS News
POSTED: 12:45 pm CST January 19, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- The parents of missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn have not given hope. Far from it.

Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, said Wednesday there's one primary message she wants out: "We're looking for a living, breathing little girl. We're not looking for a corpse."
She made this statement through a spokesperson, a family friend who answered the door at her house in Colorado City. Billie Dunn has not spoken directly with KTXS since KTXS first released the law enforcement affidavits last week.
Clint Dunn, Hailey's father, also said he was not giving up hope. He met with volunteer searchers at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at the bridge in the community of Dunn where a make-shift memorial has sprung up on the railings along the bridge.
The railing contains dozens and dozens of stuffed animals attached to the railings.
Clint Dunn thanked the volunteers in a brief emotional moment of prayer and encouragement. The search volunteers call themselves "Hailey's Angels."
Clint Dunn later said he is meeting with a private investigator Wednesday, and also with a psychic, to pursue any possible new leads. He said that he would not be going out with search parties through fields because he wouldn't want to see his daughter that way.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Volunteers Coordinating With Law Enforcement In Search For Hailey Dunn   Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:46 pm

Volunteers Coordinating With Law Enforcement In Search For Hailey Dunn

By Jacqueline Hince, KTXS News
POSTED: 11:44 am CST January 19, 2011 UPDATED: 1:04 pm CST January 19, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- About 50-55 people are combing areas near Colorado City, searching for missing teen Hailey Dunn, and, for the first time, in a search coordinated with law enforcement.
The groups of people are searching areas at the request of law enforcement authorities who are also following their leads.
The volunteers responded after both KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Project arrived Tuesday to help coordinate volunteer searches. KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Project are national organizations that help organize searches for missing children.
After a briefing at the Colorado City Civic Center, the volunteers split into two smaller groups to begin an organized grid search.
KTXS News has learned that Mark Klaas, the leader of his organization, will arrive in Colorado City this evening.
Volunteers are being asked to meet daily at the Colorado City Civic Center to join the search. Whenever 10 or more volunteers gather, they'll be sent out as part of the coordinated search, officials said.
The earliest search parties will be sent beginning at 9 a.m. Other search parties will be put together as volunteers gather throughout the day.
Thirteen-year-old Hailey has been missing since Dec. 27. Shawn Adkins, the former live-in boyfriend of Hailey's mother was the last person to see Hailey. Adkins has been named a suspect in the case.
We have a crew in Colorado City with the search team and will have the latest in the case tonight on KTXS News at Five and Six.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Nancy Grace Takes Dunn 911 Calls National   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Nancy Grace Takes Dunn 911 Calls National

Reported by: Bigcountryhomepage.com Staff Reports

On Wednesday evening, HLN's Nancy Grace aired the dramatic 911 calls stemming from a domestic disturbance between Hailey Dunn's mother and boyfriend. The calls were provided to HLN by KTAB News.
In the first two calls, Billie Dunn tells authorities she fears her boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, poses a threat to her family. In the third call, a Snyder police officer says Adkins called him stating Billie was suicidal.
The domestic disturbance in question is mentioned in police affidavits regarding the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. Hailey has been missing since December 27, 2010.
In regards to Adkins threatening Billie's life, Nancy Grace asked why she would taken him back after he threatened to kill her.
"We had a rocky relationship," replied Dunn. "The last year was good and the last 6 months were awesome."
The program reported one of Hailey's earrings has recently been discovered on the floor at her father's home. Grace also reported that the child a witness says she spotted with Hailey on the morning of December 27 may be the son of Clint Dunn's girlfriend. The witness told KRBC's Jessica Reyes she believes she saw Hailey walking with a young boy on the day she vanished.
The program also reported that Billie Dunn's other child, 16-year-old David Dunn, was taken into state custody. Sources tell bigcountryhomepage.com that CPS is investigating the Dunns. However, sources tell us David hasn't been placed in custody of the state. Billie Dunn confirmed that on Wednesday night saying he was staying with relatives in Snyder.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Search for Hailey Intensified, Family Not Loosing Hope   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Search for Hailey Intensifies, Family Not Loosing Hope

Reported by: Priscilla Luong & Cody McDonell

As we approach the end of day 23 in the search for Hailey Dunn, the criminal investigation continues to intensify.

The orange ribbons placed around Colorado City and the county serve as a reminder that people are not giving up hope that Hailey will return home.

"We've got candles burning, a guardian angel" said Billie Dunn.

For Hailey's mother, Billie, every day is full of ups and downs, but today, it's looking up.

"It was overwhelming, all the love and support, I could just feel it" said Billie.

Billie said visiting with volunteer search groups helped restore her hope of finding Hailey alive.

"As far as I'm aware there's still no evidence of foul play and they're still looking for a living, breathing Hailey" said Billie.

But a few people are wondering why Billie Dunn isn't out in the search fields.

"I'm glad they're looking but of course each day I hope they don't find anything out there in the dirt" said Billie.

"I don't know that I would want to do that either" said City Manager Pete Kampfer.

While authorities are focusing their energy on the criminal investigation, and finding a body, they still haven't lost sight of a living, breathing, 13 year-old girl.

"We're still looking, we're still searching, we don't want to take down billboards or dis-continue putting out flyers" said Kampfer.

Billie says that hope is something she will hold on to until the very end.

"It's really hard, but I know I have to do it" said Billie.

Authorities say they are continuing their investigation, and will keep us updated as new details arise.

Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Hailey's Mom to 911: Shawn's Threatening to Kill Me   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:17 pm

Hailey's Mom to 911: Shawn's Threatening to Kill Me

Reported by: Lane Stone, Austin Kellerman and Maria Oliver

Colorado City, TX - KTAB News has obtained 911 calls made in February 2010 related to a domestic dispute during which, according to police affidavits, Shawn Adkins allegedly threatened to kill 13-year-old Hailey Dunn and her mother.
Adkins is the boyfriend of Hailey’s mother, Billie Dunn, and the only confirmed suspect in the girl’s disappearance. According to police, Adkins was the last person to see Hailey on December 27: the day she went missing.
According to search warrant affidavits filed after Hailey's disappearance, Adkins admitted to investigators that he threatened the lives of both Billie and Hailey during a domestic dispute.
The three 911 calls, obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, refer to threats made against Billie and her estranged husband, Clint, but not against Hailey. (scroll down to listen to all three 911 calls)
In the first call, made to Colorado City police at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 14, Billie Dunn told a dispatcher that she was at work in Snyder and feared Adkins was going to enter her home and take something.
Dunn: “My boyfriend and I just broke up yesterday, but he’s saying that he’s going to go in my house and get his t-shirt and I don’t want him in there while I’m gone because I don’t know what he’ll take. I don’t trust him enough to go in there."
Dunn went on to tell dispatchers that she feared Adkins could take a television or her son’s X-Box. Dunn also revealed that she rarely locked the windows or doors.
The dispatcher told Dunn that it was not possible for an officer to stand by her house all day, but said she would inform police.
Three and a half hours later, Dunn made a second call to 911 claiming Adkins threatened her life.
Dunn: “I broke up with this guy a couple days ago and he’s a little ‘MHMR.' He’s telling me that he’s going to kill me and my ex-husband. And it’s going to be remembered for a long time.”
Dunn said Adkins made the repeated threats via text message.
“I texted back just to try and calm him down a little, but he said it’s going to happen.”
In a second portion of the call released to KTAB News, the dispatcher is heard telling the officer that it was Dunn making the request for assistance.
“(She has) been going all day,” the officer replied.
The third call was made from a Snyder police officer to Colorado City police around 4:30 p.m. on the same day, informing dispatchers that he had received a call from Adkins.
Officer: “We got a call over here from her boyfriend say that she’s possible suicidal, threatening to take a bunch of pills."
Dispatcher: “We’ve been having a big problem with those two all day.”
The affidavits signed on Jan. 7 say Adkins originally told authorities that he never threatened Hailey during the dispute, but that he then admitting to threaten the lives of both Hailey and Billie.

Click here to listen to the first 911 call made by Billie Dunn on 02/14/10

Click here to listen to the second 911 call made by Billie Dunn on 02/14/10

Click here to listen a 911 call made from Snyder PD to Colorado City PD about the Dunn/Adkins domestic dispute
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Hailey's Brother In State Custody   Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:47 pm

if (window['tickAboveFold']) {window['tickAboveFold'](document.getElementById("latency-1862377959128724678")); }

Hailey's Brother In State Custody

Hailey's Older Brother Taken Into Temporary State Family Protective Custody By Jacqueline Hince, KTXS News

Note that Child Protective Services would only not place David with his father if they could prove to the court that David would be in jeopardy and living with the father could result in being in harm's way, and what could happen to him would result in the need for medical or professional intervention. They must declare that he is unfit, or his home conditions are unfit, and cannot be changed by intervention. The rare exception is where the father lives in a place that will not allow children. In these cases, States will often rent a hotel room in order to keep a child and parent together. The standard could be anything from danger within 24 hours (imminent danger) to jeopardy (30 days) ongoing.

Placing a child in foster care is supposed to be the step of last resort.

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- KTXS learned Wednesday that Hailey Dunn's older brother, David, has been taken into temporary custody of the state's Department of Family and Protective Services.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said it is common practice to remove a child when a situation like this occurs, just to protect David.

Meanwhile, also on Wednesday, for the first time, law enforcement worked with volunteer searchers and two national foundations to give them direction.

KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center Foundation trained volunteers Wednesday morning how to go about searching for Hailey.

Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, joined the group of about 55 searchers, to offer up his support.

"I don't want to join in the search – I can't," he said. "I don't want to. It's just amazing seeing these people the community pull together like this."

This indicates that the possibility of finding a deceased Hailey is too much for the father.

He said he can't search because he's not willing to face what could be found in the fields.

Clint Dunn especially took time today to thank and motivate "Hailey's Angels," a name given to those who have searched for weeks now.

Out in the field, volunteers covered ground that law enforcement flagged to KlaasKids search director Brad Dennis.

KlaasKids plans to be here throughout the weekend, but officials say that's not when the search ends.

"You search until you get answers," Dennis said.

Local volunteers say the help is huge. "It's a lot more organized," said searcher Glenda Turner.

"I'm not as young as a lot of people, but I'm sticking it out and going to do it," said Shirley Crawford.

They all say they'll search until Hailey is found.

"Unfortunately, we are looking wooded areas, and anything your going to find out here is not something you want to find," Holly Jenkins said.

Meanwhile, law enforcement officials are keeping a tight lid on their investigation..

Kampfer did say the search in area landfills may not be over yet.

Volunteers will meet again Thursday morning at the Colorado City Civic Center.

Anyone is welcome to come join the search.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 5:02 PM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Texas Takes Custody Away from Billie and Clint   Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Texas Takes Custody Away from Billie and Clint

.jpg]
by Peter Hyatt

Is Billie Dunn about to be arrested?

In spite of the praise-fest by Marc Klass and Nancy Grace, the news report is is that the State of Texas has taken custody of David Dunn, 16, from his mother and has refused to place him with his father, Clint Dunn.

If true, this may be telling.

Placing a 16 year old is only the last resort, to which child protective caseworkers have interviewed him, and Billie and Clint, and must have presented a sworn affidavit to a judge showing that not only is David in danger with them, but that they cannot offer services to either parent which would mitigate circumstances enough to allow him to stay in the home. Even if they place him with another relative, they seek custody because they do not trust the parents with making decisions about where to place him. Therefore, they ask a judge for custody.

It does not always take place in court.

If it is after hours that child protective services concludes that David Dunn was not safe, they would call a judge and request an "ex parte" hearing, which would likely be at the judge's home.

There, the workers would present and swear to a written summary of facts that show that David Dunn would be in imminent danger; which for most states means that it is likely, within 24 hours (or 48) that he could be harmed in such a way as to need professional intervention.

Is this because Billie Dunn is to be arrested?

Is this because they have reason not to place David with Clint?

What does the report that Clint and his girlfriend moved out the day that Hailey went missing mean to the investigation?

Billie Dunn has denied that her son is in State custody. She said that she voluntarily placed him at her brother's because people drive by her home and honk and say things.

Then she said, "he's here every day. He is not in State custody, there was no court involved", refuting published report and contradicting the need to have him away from the home.

Nancy Grace has known for about a week about the police report (affidavit) as she has quoted from it many times but steadfastly did not ask Billie Dunn any direct questions about its content. Today, following the Freedom of Information Act, media obtained the audio of the 911 calls. The information contained in the audio is not new.

It was, however, reported as breaking news today on the Nancy Grace show.

Nancy Grace and Marc Klass continued to praise Billie with Marc Klass denying that Billie Dunn was in denial, as Dr. Glass had suggested.

If the State of Texas has custody of David Dunn, granted by a judge until a full hearing is scheduled, it means that the child protective caseworkers have information that David Dunn, although now 16 years old, is in imminent danger and would likely suffer abuse or neglect and harm, while with either his mother, Billie Dunn, or his father, Clint Dunn. It means that they have proof that neither parent can provide a safe environment for David Dunn and that even while at a relative's home, Billie Dunn (nor Clint) can make decisions over his life, as the State of Texas is his legal guardian.

Billie Dunn has denied that the State of Texas is his guardian and this matter should be cleared up shortly.

The matter of who has custody should be cleared up soon. I have updated the post and will be attempting to learn the facts and will post analysis of the transcripts.

If Texas has custody, it means that they have proof that even while at his uncle's house, David needs ongoing protection from Billie and Clint.
They would have had to offer reasonable proof to the judge in question.

This means Billie can't move him, nor make any decisions over his life. It means that the State of Texas feels that Billie herself, poses a risk to David.

It isn't based upon Hailey's disappearance unless they can show a judge, reasonably, that Billie has responsibility in Hailey's disappearance. They could not even use "failure to protect" since Shawn is currently out of the house and a judge can order him to stay away from David and the home.

If David is in State Custody, it means that both Billie and Clint pose such a serious risk to David that they cannot even be allowed to have a say in the decision to place him at the uncles.

It may be that Billie placed him there voluntarily, but this would be her decision, meaning that he is not in Texas custody.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 5:12 PM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Hailey Dunn: Prosecutors Need Body   Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hailey Dunn: Prosecutors Need Body

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer made one thing clear about the investigation into the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn: whether she's the victim of a crime or simply ran away, law enforcement's focus is to find Hailey Dunn.

In an interview Wednesday with KTAB's Priscilla Luong, Kampfer reiterated that the law enforcement side of the case is intensifying. He says officers are working to corroborate the information and tips they've put together. A focus of the investigation continues to be the only named suspect in Hailey's disappearance, Shawn Adkins.

"We're going back over things that he has made statements to and corroborating that and anything related to searches that come up with him -- and areas that he's been in and other witnesses related to him," said Kampfer about the boyfriend of Hailey's mother.

Kampfer also discussed why an arrest hasn't yet been made in the case. He made it clear that in many cases of this nature, a body is key to successful prosecution.

"In talking to the prosecutor, that (body) is something they would like to have," said Kampfer. "We're about that right now. To whatever the status of Hailey (is), we're looking for Hailey."

In spite of qualifying his answer, the concept is that they do not expect to find a living child. This confirms Billie Dunn's linguistic indicators that Hailey is dead.
Kampfer said while hope remains alive that Hailey could still be alive, investigators have gone through quite a bit of disappointment as they follow leads.

It's a roller coaster," said Kampfer. "Some days we get good leads and we want to be able to follow up on things that would say that she's in good order. As time goes on and we don't have her...it's something of pessimism."

An investigation of this nature is emotionally draining and frustrating. Police believe that Billie Dunn is withholding information from them which will only heighten the frustration.

As volunteers take to fields by the dozens to search, many have questioned why Hailey's family isn't more directly involved in search efforts. Kampfer says he's the type of parent who would be out searching himself. However, he made it clear he understands those who would choose otherwise.

"Maybe there's an aspect in their minds that if they were out looking and they did find a body, they don't want to be there to discover that body
," said Kampfer. "I can understand not being directly involved in the search."

Note that if the expectation is that only her body will be found, it would be difficult for parents to search.

Kampfer says he's given Clint and Billie Dunn his phone number so they can call him whenever they need updates.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 7:10 AM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Hailey's Mom Thinks Someone Will Find Her Daughter   Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Hailey's Mom Thinks Someone Will Find Her Daughter

Reported by: Austin Kellerman
Thursday, January 20 2011

More than three weeks after her daughter vanished, Billie Dunn says she believes someone will find 13-year-old Hailey Dunn alive.

n an interview with KTAB's Priscilla Luong Wednesday, Dunn said national search groups coming to Colorado City to assist are giving her renewed hope.
"Somebody is going to find my daughter," said Dunn. "We have a lot of people looking now and I'm really glad KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center were able to come down and get involved."
Dunn said developments were causing her to hit a low point. She says that's now starting to change.
"I'm hopeful again and going to remain that way," said Dunn. "I think someone is going to find my daughter."
Dunn says she's been speaking with members of both search groups. She says having them there has been a huge help.
"They're able to give me some advice and give me a little bit of comfort," said Dunn. "I can't really be comforted, but there are good people up there to talk to. They've been talking to me a lot since they've been here."
Dunn said she also appreciates everyone who is volunteering their time to search. However, she's happy they haven't found anything.
"I'm glad they're looking, but each day I'm hoping they don't find anything out there in the dirt. That's not the way that I want them to find her," added Dunn.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Billie Dunn Speaks As if Hailey Is Dead   Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Billie Dunn Speaks As if Hailey Is Dead

by Peter Hyatt

What follows is the transcripts of the Nancy Grace show from Wednesday, January 19, 2011 (from CNN) with Statement Analysis and Commentary followed in bold type. Any embolded words within the transcripts is added by the author for emphasis. Billie Dunn uses past tense language when speaking about Hailey. When spoken by the mother of a missing child, it is indicative of belief or knowledge that her child is deceased. This was the case of Susan Smith and of Casey Anthony. (see prior analysis).

The transcripts are shortened by excluding commercial content, and some commentary from guests or callers. No statement from Billie Dunn has been edited.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Did Mommy and the boyfriend throw a New Year`s Eve party just 72 hours after Hailey goes missing? Mommy says no.
As we go to air, child services yanks Hailey`s brother out of the family home, puts him into protective state custody. Why? Tonight, where is 13-year-old cheerleader Hailey Dunn?

BILLIE DUNN: His name is Shawn Adkins. And he`s telling me that he`s going to kill me.

When asked in previous interviews about her relationship with Shawn (and Hailey's relationship with Shawn) this information was withheld by Billie Dunn.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK, we`ve been having a big problem with those two all day.

BILLIE DUNN: And he`s telling me that he`s going to kill me. He said it`s going to happen.

This call was less than one year prior to Hailey's disappearance. Police reported that Shawn Adkins confessed to threatening to kill both Hailey and Billie Dunn.

SHAWN ADKINS, MOTHER`S BOYFRIEND: We all get along just fine. I would never do nothing to that little girl.

Note that "would never" is future tense, and is unreliable. Note also "that" is distancing language ("this" indicates closeness"

BILLIE DUNN: I just don`t trust him enough.

Note the sensitivity by the additional word "enough".

ADKINS: I love her with all my heart, and I believe she loves me with all her heart.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We got a call over here from her boyfriend saying that she was possibly suicidal, threatening to take a bunch of pills.

GRACE:
Let`s try to go back out to Billie Dunn again. Liz, do we have that satellite fixed? Billie, can you hear me?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes.

GRACE: Billie, what happened surrounding your 911 calls regarding Shawn Adkins threatening to kill you and Hailey?

Note the general question. Previously, NG asked her compound questions which should be avoided. The police revealed that the 911 calls by Billie Dunn were about threats to her and Clint, but that Shawn Adkins eventually confessed to threatening to kill Hailey as well as the parents.

BILLIE DUNN: OK. He didn`t threaten to kill Hailey. They weren`t frantic 911 calls. I called the police from work because Shawn had been threatening me, and he said he was coming to my house while I was at work and I didn`t want him in here. And he was making threats to my life.

Note the initial denial that he didn't threaten to kill Hailey, though police stated that he did. Note that Billie differentiates between calling 911 and calling the police.
Note that she began in the negative: he didn't threaten Hailey.
Next she spoke in the negative: calls weren't "frantic" 911 calls

Note that child protective services will seek (and often gain) custody of children from a mother who is in a violent relationship, even if the violence or the threat of violence is directed only to the mother. The violence is dangerous and there is an expectation that a woman will protect her children from a violent love interest; hence the "failure to protect" tag. Domestic violence is dangerous to children which is why the courts will order children removed if the mother does not take steps to protect the children, or will remove the children if the mother allows the perpetrator to move in. She may have the right to expose herself to the danger, but she does not have the right to risk her children's lives. This is what Billie Dunn did, when she invited Shawn Adkins to live with her. She met her own needs but exposed Hailey (and David) to the violence that came along with Shawn Adkins. Now Hailey is missing and during the first weeks after her disappearance, Billie Dunn defended Shawn and even partied with him on New Year's Eve.

Yet she has been described by Marc Klass and Nancy Grace as "brave" and "courageous". The State of Texas child protective services likely does not share this opinion.

GRACE: OK. In the affidavits, the police affidavits, it states that you said he had threatened to kill you and Hailey. So were you telling the truth...

BILLIE DUNN: He said that. I never said that.

This may be in regards to the affidavit. Note that in a denial, "never" does not mean "no" and should not be interpreted as such.

GRACE: Who said that?

BILLIE DUNN: I was, and I didn`t say that in the affidavit. I think it says Shawn actually admitted saying that.
Note that "I was" is an incomplete sentence. This indicates an increase in sensitivity. Note that Billie now says that she didn't say "that" but adds the words "in the affidavit" which should lead NG to ask her if she said that Shawn threatened to kill Hailey to someone else.

"I think" shows weakness.

GRACE: So tell me why you called 911?

"so" shows increase sensitivity as the emotions rose in NG as she recognizes that Billie Davis is being deceptive

BILLIE DUNN: I called the police station from work because he was threatening -- he was threatening my life. He was saying he was going to come to my house and get a T-shirt. I didn`t want him in here getting anything when I wasn`t here.

Note that the call to the police station, to Billie, is different than a "911 call". Billie reported that Shawn threatened her life (note the repetition of the word "threatening" as well as the verb tense). Note that threatening her life and "t shirt" something trivial and of little value, are linked. It suggests that Billie was worried about him going to her home for reasons beyond his t shirt, or her son's video games. This may be an indication of her fear of him taking her drugs or drug money. She didn't want him getting "anything" when she was not there.

Note that if he were to go to her home and steal her son's X Box, she could report it to police, but if he were to steal drugs she would be without resource.

GRACE: I`ve got the police affidavit right here. Colorado City police respond to 1804 Chestnut. Adkins alleged to have threatened to kill Billie Jean (ph) Dunn and Hailey Dunn during the dispute. Adkins informs investigators he never did that, but later confirmed he did threaten both of them. So the call was not made by him. The information was given by you. He first denied it. And then he confirmed it.

BILLIE DUNN: Well, I did, too. I denied it, too, because if he had ever told me that he was going to kill Hailey or David, he wouldn`t have been anywhere around.

Note that since he threatened to kill Hailey and David's mother, it was okay to let him move in. It is this line of reasoning that child protective caseworkers would report to a judge in a sworn affidavit that Billie Dunn's thinking is without regard to the safety and well being of her children.

GRACE: So all of your 911 calls were just because you were afraid that he was coming into your house without your authority?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. And he was threatening me. I didn`t want him here.

"And" in a new sentence indicates that there was more information there, but not given.

GRACE: He was threatening you, saying what?

BILLIE DUNN: I can`t even remember now, but I know he was threatening to kill me and Clint, Hailey`s dad.

Note that "I don't remember" is the number one deceptive answer for court. Here, it is "I can't even remember" showing increase in sensitivity "even" and the word "can't" indicating that the subject is restricted from memory. What has restricted her? Alcohol blackouts are considered to be unrecoverable. Consequence?

GRACE: Well, in this police affidavit, it says that Adkins alleged to have threatened to threatened to kill Billie Jean Dunn and Hailey Dunn during the dispute. And my question is, even if he hadn`t threatened to kill Hailey and the police have it all wrong, why did you think it was OK to take him back in?

Viewers have waited for days for this question. In order to satisfy a judge in a child protective hearing, she would likely have needed to have Shawn Adkins enrolled in counseling, anger management, or domestic violence batterer's therapy and have had a signed statement saying he was safe to be in the house, in order for a judge to allow the children to live there..

BILLIE DUNN: We had a rocky relationship. The last year, things have been really good. The last six months, things have been awesome.

In recent statements, we have noticed that Billie Dunn uses the pronoun "we" in her statements regarding Shawn Adkins. "We" shows unity and cooperation. It should be concluded that at least to Billie Dunn, the relationship with Shawn Adkins is not over. Pronouns are used by us since childhood and are instinctive. To Billie Dunn, there is a "we" with the man who is suspected in the disappearance of her daughter. This should concern police enough to believe that in the least, she is involved, perhaps in the cover up, for Sean, in the disappearance of Hailey.

Objection: Based on just one word?
Answer: yes.

Although there are many linguistic and evidential indicators that Billie Dunn is involved, a single pronoun can solve a case. Pronouns are critical in Statement Analysis and can even pre-date language for most of us, as we learned to say "me" or "my" with our hands or body language before we could clearly enunciate the word.

GRACE: What can you tell me about that earring, Billie, the earring that was found on Clint Dunn`s living room floor? Did it match what Hailey was wearing when she went missing?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I reported when she was missing that I thought she was wearing those red hoop earrings. She had been wearing them for about a week. She was actually trying to stretch out her earlobe, and I told her she could use those, but that`s the biggest she could go and she had been wearing them. And David found the earring on the floor whenever Clint and Naomi (ph) were moving out and brought it home.

(earlier quote from Billie Dunn regarding Shawn)

I love him. Yet again, I`m still -- I worry. What if he did do something to Hailey?

I want to go to Lillian Glass, Dr. Lillian Glass, psychologist of body language expert, author of "Toxic People." Lillian, I`ve got in my hand and I`m reading verbatim where the police say they`ve gone to the home, Adkins alleged to have threatened to kill Billie Jean Dunn and Hailey. First he denies it, then he admits he threatened both of their lives. So why tonight am I hearing it wasn`t like that?

LILLIAN GLASS, PSYCHOLOGIST: Because it seems like Billie`s in denial. It seems like she hasn`t wrapped herself around the truth at this point in time because she is in denial. And it also sounds like she`s a victim of somebody who has been very abusive in the relationship. And this is typical behavior. They try to protect the person that they allegedly love. And even though somebody`s been threatened, they ignore it.

GRACE: Billie, you have a 16-year-old son. What time did he leave the house the night before?

Note that NG needs to get clarification even though she has been interviewed multiple times

BILLIE DUNN: I thought he left around -- he says he left around can 9:00 and Hailey was in his room playing his Xbox. I thought he left a little earlier.

Note the lack of commitment by Billie. Note the broken sentence indicating that Billie stopped herself from going further with her sentence.

GRACE: Now, what time did you see her last, the night before?

BILLIE DUNN: I saw her about 10:00 or 11:00 in her bedroom.

GRACE: Was she still playing games?

BILLIE DUNN: No, she was watching TV, laying in bed.

GRACE: Now, the next morning, you checked in on her before you left, and you believe you saw her lying in her bed, around 6:00 a.m., right?

BILLIE DUNN: Right.

Clarification should have been sought. BJ never said that she saw her daughter only that she "believes" she did.

Would the mother of a missing daughter not know the last time she laid eyes on her? We would expect that the last time a mother saw her missing child was burned into her memory, played over and over. We would not expect a vague answer. This is a concern.

Back to Billie Dunn, this is Hailey`s mother. I noticed in that 911 call you say "Sean Adkins is a little MHMR." Is that a mental health term?

BILLIE DUNN: I was calling him retarded.

GRACE: Can you tell me about that earring, Billie Dunn? The earring you think she was wearing?

BILLIE DUNN: It was a red hoop earring.

This is the only detail given to this question.

GRACE: I want to go to Billie Dunn. Billie, I can see that you are angry or upset. You`re on the verge of tears. Look, we want to find Hailey. We want to find who`s responsible for her missing. And everything --

BILLIE DUNN: I want to be somebody looking for a live Hailey.

Note that this statement shows a lack of commitment. She does not say that she is looking for Hailey but only that she wants to be somebody looking for a live Hailey. This is weak and shows sensitivity. If we look back at the previous night's question about actual activity by Billie Dunn, we find increased sensitivity.

SHAWN IN CALIFORNIA: Hi, Nancy. I have two questions.

GRACE: OK.

GRACE: What about it, Billie Dunn? Any change at all in her behavior that you noticed?

BILLIE DUNN: No. Like I said, in the beginning, three years ago, she was very upset her dad and I broke up, but I don`t think Hailey feared Sean in the least. And she wouldn`t have been afraid to come to me. She knows that she was number one, her and David are number one. And I don`t think she would have been afraid to come to me.

Note "like I said" is a self reference showing the sensitivity of the subject and is unreliable as it is used by those who are not speaking from experiential memory.
Note the weakness in "I don't think Hailey feared" with "think" showing possibility that Hailey thought otherwise and:

note the past tense language.

We would expect her to say "Hailey isn't afraid of Shawn".

The weakness and past tense language suggests that:

a. Billie believes or knows that Hailey is dead
b. Billie knew that Hailey feared him.

This may be what David told child protective workers.

And she wouldn`t have been afraid to come to me.

"And" means that there was more information here. Note the past tense language (under condition). She did not say "Hailey is not afraid to come to me..".

She knows that she was number one,

Hailey is not number one; Hailey was number one. The continued use of past tense language should alert investigators and may be what police are referencing about Billie withholding information from them.

her and David are number one.

Note the change to present tense language when David is mentioned. David is alive. Billie knows that David is alive.

And I don`t think she would have been afraid to come to me.

Note past tense again. Note that by saying that she should not have been, Billie is acknowledging that Hailey was afraid of Shawn. It is likely that Hailey told her mother she was afraid of Shawn, but Billie may have wanted it to be interpreted as Hailey just wanting her parents back together again.

Shawn threatened to kill Hailey.

Billie allowed Shawn to move in.

Hailey likely complained to her mother about fearing Shawn.

Hailey has been missing since December 27th and Shawn is the named criminal suspect.

And she didn`t sleep in her room until about a week ago.

Here Billie tells us what she didn't do. This is a sensitive topic, which starts with "And" indicating that not all the information is given here.

She slept in the living room on the couch.

Why would a 13 year old girl, who at an age where privacy is craved, sleep on a couch in the living room, rather than her own bed? Did something happen on her bed to make it disgusting to Hailey?

I think Clint`s mom is just upset. She wants someone to blame also, and that`s understandable.

Note that Clint's mother said she feared that Shawn raped and killed Hailey. There should be no "understandable" here unless Billie knows that something horrific happened to Hailey that makes words like "rape", "murder", and "corpse" able to be part of her vocabulary. These words are unacceptable to innocent mothers who cannot accept that their child may not come home.

But I really believe Hailey would have come to me or her father.

Note "believe" is weak, but "really" believe is even weaker. She knows that Hailey would not speak to her nor to Clint.

And I don`t think she was afraid of Sean.

GRACE: Why was your son, David, taken into state custody?

BILLIE DUNN: He wasn`t taken into state custody. From my understanding, it`s normal for CPS to come in and interview you, which they did. I placed David at my brother`s house. That`s best for him. I have people driving by, hollering awful things. But there was no courts involved. He`s not in state custody. He`s at my brother`s house and here every day

Judges do not sign away a parent's rights as "normal".
Note that CPS to interview "you", "which I did" shows the weakness of the contradiction (distancing language). Note the obvious contradiction of complaining to need to get David away but having him daily.

BILLIE DUNN: I wouldn`t kill myself, for sure. I have two children to take care of and I`m their -- I`m really their only caregiver. I`m the one who buys their food, their clothes. They need me. I`m their mother.

The linguistic indicators are clear:

Billie Dunn is telling us that Hailey no longer exists.

Our question is now:

How does Billie Dunn know that Hailey is deceased?

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 7:27 AM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Hope Fading for Missing Texas Middle School Cheerleader Hailey Dunn   Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Hailey Dunn

Billie Dunn (L) and Shawn Adkins.

Hope Fading for Missing Texas Middle School Cheerleader Hailey Du

13-Year-Old Missing Since Dec. 28

Published : Thursday, 20 Jan 2011, 4:27 PM CST

MYFOXDFW.COM
COLORADO CITY, Texas - In the face of grim evidence and fading hope, desperate volunteers continue searching for a missing West Texas girl.
Kevin Bowman and his brother on Thursday joined about 20 others to look for Hailey Darlene Dunn, a middle school cheerleader who was reported missing Dec. 28 from Colorado City, about 240 miles west of Dallas.
Kevin Bowman wiped tears away as he spoke about the teenager, saying there is "less and less hope" each day that Hailey is alive.
Hailey was reported missing by her mother, Billie Dunn , whose former live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, said he last saw the youngster a day earlier.
No one has been arrested.
Adkins has been named as one of several people of interest in the case. The 25-year-old said he would "never ever do anything to harm Hailey."
Meanwhile, mounting evidence in the case paints a dark picture about the wherabouts of Hailey.
Dogs searching a landfill recently turned up evidence in the case , a spokesman for the investigation said last week.
Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer declined to elaborate about what had been found during a search of the location in Abilene, about 70 miles east of Colorado City.
"It's a sensitive part of the investigation," Kampfer said. "The cadaver dogs did hit on items at the landfill.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Foundation leader helping Hailey Dunn's mother cope in Colorado City   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:10 am

Foundation leader helping Hailey Dunn's mother cope in Colorado City

• By Celinda Emison
  • Abilene Reporter-News
  • Posted January 20, 2011 at 3:58 p.m., updated January 20, 2011 at 9:10 p.m.

Prayer Vigils

Two prayer vigils for missing teenager Hailey Dunn are scheduled today in Colorado City — one from 7-8 tonight in the gym at First Baptist Church and another beginning at 7 p.m. at Colorado Middle School.

Photo by Victor Cristales, VICTOR CRISTALES

Victor Cristales/Reporter-News Marc Klaas, center, the president and founder of the KlaasKids Foundation, and Billie Jean Dunn, the mother of missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn, leave Dunn's home Thursday en route to the Colorado City Civic Center.

COLORADO CITY — Marc Klaas stayed close to Billie Jean Dunn on Thursday while helping to organize the search for her daughter Hailey Dunn, who has been missing for more than three weeks.
Klaas, the president and founder of the KlaasKids Foundation, is helping Billie Jean Dunn and her estranged husband, Clint Dunn, cope as they search for their daughter, who was reported missing Dec. 28. She reportedly last was seen the day before.
"I have been through what they are going through, and I can be an example of how you get through this," Klaas said. "I'm here to represent the end of the tunnel."
It has been almost 18 years since 12-year-old Polly Hannah Klaas was abducted from her home in Petaluma, Calif, on Oct. 1, 1993. She was found strangled two months later. In 1996, Richard Allen Davis was convicted of her murder and today remains on death row at San Quentin State Prison.
For Marc Klaas, the pain never goes away.
He knows all too well the sleepless nights, the constant anguish and the possibility of a long-term search. Polly Klaas' body was found 65 days after she disappeared.
But Marc Klaas' advice to Hailey Dunn's parents was to stay involved and stay busy — which is why he stuck close to Billie Jean Dunn on Thursday.
"I want to her to get out of her house and get her up to the search center," Klaas said.
Klaas accompanied Billie Jean Dunn to the weekly Lion's Club luncheon.
"We need to get our arms around the fact that this may go on for a while," Klaas told the group.
Billie Jean Dunn expressed gratitude for members' efforts on behalf of her daughter.
"I want to thank everyone for the donations, the searches, every thought and everything," she said.
In recent weeks, Billie Jean Dunn has stayed close to home and concentrated on getting her daughter's name out both locally and nationally. This week, she has made nightly appearances on "Nancy Grace," a prime-time show on HLN.
Polly Klaas' kidnapping drew thousands of volunteers and became a national story through exposure on shows such as "20/20" and "America's Most Wanted."
"Billie is spot on with this," Klaas said. "She understands she has to keep this case in the public eye,"
Clint Dunn has been following leads on potential sightings of his daughter and handing out fliers along Interstate 20.
"People are applauding Clint's efforts," Klaas said.
The main thing is to stay engaged, he said.
"They (the Dunns) have both found a way to participate that is within their comfort zone," Klaas said. "I've seen where one or both of the parents don't get involved and that leads to a lot of questions."
Klaas said there are parallels with his daughter's case beyond the close ages of the girls.
Investigators have named Shawn Adkins, the former live-in boyfriend of Billie Jean Dunn, as a suspect. When Polly Klaas went missing, her father was convinced he knew who had done it. But, he acknowledged Thursday, he was wrong.
"I had the motive figured out and everything going on," he said. "When the case was finally resolved they (investigators) were right — the guy had nothing to do with it."
So although the focus of Hailey Dunn's case appears to be on Adkins, Klaas cautioned that all leads must be followed.
"You can't allow yourself to get tunnel vision," Klaas said. "If you focus all your efforts in one direction, that girl may be driving around right in front of you."
Klaas said he was so touched by the Hailey Dunn case that he traveled to Colorado City to assist his foundation's director of search operations, Brad Dennis, with organizing the search for the Colorado Middle School student.
The Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children, a Texas-based group, also is helping to coordinate volunteers in searches for evidence.
"We can bring something to these cases, expertise, an example, and sometimes good results," Klaas said. "When I come to these, I feel like this is my purpose, this is how it started for me."
But he also brings hope.
"We are hoping to find a live little girl," Klaas said. "We have got to have hope."

© 2011 Abilene Reporter-News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Bond Forms Between Billie Dunn and Father of Murder Victim   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:11 am

Bond Forms Between Billie Dunn and Father of Murder Victim

Reported by: Tiffany Tatro and Austin Kellerman
Thursday, January 20 2011

More than three weeks after her daughter vanished, Billie Dunn couldn't help but fear the worst.
"(It's) the scariest thing ever," said Dunn. "I'm living every parent's nightmare. Right now, it's my reality."
Now that Marc Klaas, of KlaasKids, has come to town, Dunn tells KTAB News she has a renewed hope she'll see her daughter again.
"Instead of me being the only one saying it myself, now I have Marc and Brad telling me 'you can still be hopeful'," said Dunn. "Your daughter can still come home and be safe. You can get back to that normalcy."
Klaas says having personally been in Dunn's shoes before, he can relate to what she's going through and knows staying hopeful is what will keep her going.
"You know, if nothing else, I represent the aftermath," said Klaas. "I'm the light at the end of the tunnel? I don't know. I'm the guy who has been there, done that and still standing on my own feet moving forward."
While Billie Dunn was suspicious of her live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins at one point, she's now not sure if he had anything to do with her disappearance.
"It's something I thought about a little bit," said Dunn. "I don't really believe that."
At this point, no one knows if Adkins had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance. Billie and Klaas are hopeful they'll see Hailey again.
"To my knowledge, there isn't any evidence of foul play found," said Dunn. "I know that my daughter can still be alive."
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Investigation Narrows in case of missing Texas cheerleader   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:49 am

Investigation narrows in case of missing Texas cheerleader

By the CNN Wire Staff
January 21, 2011 9:13 a.m. EST

"Nancy Grace" has all the latest on the Hailey Dunn case. Tonight, 8.p.m. on HLN
(CNN) -- A man authorities believe was the last person to see a missing Texas cheerleader is the focus of the investigation and his attorney said he has offered all the information he knows.
Shawn Adkins, the live-in boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, is the only named person of interest in the girl's December disappearance, authorities said Wednesday.
Adkins' attorney, Sidney Lyle of Odessa, told CNN affiliate KTAB in Abilene he has advised his client not to speak further with the media. And he told affiliate KTXS that Adkins has cooperated with law enforcement.
Lyle did not respond to CNN's attempts to talk to him.
There have been no arrests in the disappearance of the Colorado City girl, 13, but police consider the case a criminal investigation. Two volunteer organizations have recently joined the search.
City Manager Pete Kampfer, who serves as spokesman for the police, told CNN Wednesday there are other persons of interest but "there are more things that relate" to Adkins. He would not provide specifics. Adkins has not spoken with police since getting a lawyer, he said.

Affidavits in the case indicate Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, and Adkins failed polygraph exams on Hailey's whereabouts.
According to the affidavits, Adkins ended two polygraph exams by walking out. On the third try, he failed the initial part of the test, but he then "made a positive indication" that the girl could be found in Scurry County, Texas. Dunn said Adkins was on anxiety medication at the time of the first test.
Dunn was under the influence of narcotics on her first polygraph examination, and she failed the second, according to a law enforcement affidavit posted on the website of KTAB.
Adkins was the last person to see the eighth-grader on December 27 at Dunn's home, according to local reports. Colorado City -- a rural central Texas town with about 5,000 residents -- is about 70 miles west of Abilene, Texas. Hailey was reported missing by her mother December 28.
The Colorado City Police Department responded to a domestic dispute in February 2010 after Adkins allegedly threatened Billie and Hailey Dunn, the released documents show. Adkins confirmed he did make the threats, according to documents.
KTAB on Wednesday posted three 911 calls on its website from the February incident. The calls referred to threats made against Billie Dunn and her estranged husband, Clint, but not against Hailey, the station said.
In one 911 call, Billie Dunn said, "I broke up with this guy a couple days ago and he's a little 'MHMR.' He's telling me that he's going to kill me and my ex-husband. And it's going to be remembered for a long time."
MHMR can refer to "mental health and mental retardation."
Asked about the 911 calls and affidavits, Kampfer said, "They add to the case against Shawn."
Billie Dunn told HLN's "Nancy Grace" Wednesday night that she did not report that Adkins had threatened to kill Hailey.
Marc Klaas, founder of KlaasKids Foundation, a child safety advocacy group that is assisting in the search for Hailey, appeared on "Nancy Grace" with Billie Dunn.
He indicated someone not identified in the case might have come into the town and abducted the girl.
Klaas created the foundation in 1994 after the kidnapping and murder of his daughter, Polly.
Investigators have found evidence both in Colorado City and in other locations, said Kampfer, a former special agent with the FBI.
Dunn has said she has no idea what happened to her daughter.
"Somebody knows where she is," she told HLN last week.
The mother told HLN's "Nancy Grace" Tuesday that investigators took bedsheets belonging to Hailey.
Kampfer would not confirm that, but did say Dunn was given an inventory list of items taken by police from the home.
Meanwhile, KTXS said that Hailey Dunn's older brother has been taken into temporary custody of Child Protective Services. Kampfer said it is common practice to remove a child when a situation like this occurs, the station said.
Billie Dunn met Adkins on the MySpace social networking site more than two years ago, and he moved in with her several months ago. Kampfer described the family situation as unstable.
Hailey is 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 120 pounds. She has hazel eyes and brown hair with blond streaks. When she disappeared, she was wearing navy blue sweatpants, a light-colored short-sleeve T-shirt and pink and white tennis shoes.
Investigators, meanwhile, continue to work through leads. "It's a smaller circle," Kampfer said of the evidence.

"We are growingly concerned about her status," he said of Hailey.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: "We": Billie Dunn and Shawn Adkins   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:58 am

Friday, January 21, 2011

"We": Billie Dunn and Shawn Adkins

From Big Country News.

Note that the quotes are in italics with Statement Analysis in bold type.

Billie Dunn attempted to deceive Nancy Grace last night regarding her contact with Shawn Adkins, but Statement Analysis gets to the truth.

The word "we" shows cooperation and unity.

Billie Jean Dunn still uses the word "we" to describe herself and Shawn Adkins and continues to have contact with Shawn, even though she attempted to downplay it on the Nancy Grace Show last night (see analysis)

Statement Analysis had already shown that as far as Billie Dunn thinks, they are still a couple.

More than three weeks after her daughter vanished, Billie Dunn couldn't help but fear the worst.

"...the scariest thing ever," said Dunn. "I'm living every parent's nightmare. Right now, it's my reality."

Note that editors added the pronoun "it's" which is a mistake. Pronouns are vital in communication; therefore, they are vital in Statement Analysis.

Deceptive people often drop pronouns in order to avoid the internal stress of direct lying.

Pronouns show ownership and commitment. When a pronoun goes missing within a statement, it is an indication of sensitivity. If the subject does not tell us so, we cannot say it is so.

Take this sample:

"I called the police. Called some family. Checked in with all her friends."

Note what the subject here told us, and what they subject didn't tell us.

The subject said she called the police. First person singular, past tense verb tells us that this likely took place and is reliable. Percentage wise, an investigator would do well to go on the premise that police were called.

"called some family" is what the subject told us. The subject did not say that she called family. The subject did not tell us that she called "some" family (less or reduced number) so we cannot say that she called some family. Going, again, by percentages, the investigator should not assume that she called family (or even just some family) because she did not tell us that she did. Nor should the reader (or investigator) assume that she made contact with friends because she did not tell us that she did.

This is how pronouns work.

We are not saying that she didn't call family or contact friends; we are saying that she did not tell us that she did these things.

We now state that this portion is "sensitive" which means that it is important enough to the subject to remove herself from the sentence which reduces commitment to the sentence. It doesn't mean that it didn't happen (though it may not have).

The investigator must now find evidence to prove it did happen.

Next, if the investigator is able to confirm that it did happen, the investigator will then seek to learn why it is sensitive to the subject. The investigator will likely learn that what happened during these events is highly sensitive and even uncomfortable to the subject.

There is a reason why the subject wishes to distance herself from the topics where the pronouns go missing.

The missing pronoun has sensitivity and it may prove to be information that the subject did not want known. The subject is in a conflict:

She doesn't want the internal stress of directly lying, but she is also uncomfortable clearly stating the topic. The dropped pronoun, like additional words, shows that there is 'more to the picture than meets the eye'.

Now that Marc Klaas, of KlaasKids, has come to town, Dunn tells KTAB News she has a renewed hope she'll see her daughter again.

"Instead of me being the only one saying it myself, now I have Marc and Brad telling me 'you can still be hopeful'," said Dunn. "Your daughter can still come home and be safe. You can get back to that normalcy."

Note that "can" is conditional; and not that she has hope (present tense). Statement Analysis looks at every word: not only can Hailey come home but she can also be "safe". Interviewers would need to ask follow up questions to learn the difference between the two and explore past abuse at home.

Note that a reference to "normal" is associated with past allegations of being abnormal.

Note the emphasis upon herself; it continues from her prior statements, including giving a message directly to Hailey.

(see prior analysis)

After many public appearances, including local and national television, Billie Jean Dunn addressed Hailey directly, in particular, after meeting Marc Klass who is in the role of advisor.

Yet, the message still shows emphasis upon herself. Rather than tell Hailey that she loved her and will be safe, she only said that she no longer had her cell phone and Hailey, if she can call, would have to dial 911 instead.

No other message from mother to daughter.

This makes sense when viewed from Statement Analysis, where the analysis shows that Mom believes or knows that daughter is dead as evidenced by repeated use of the past tense verbs.

Klaas says having personally been in Dunn's shoes before, he can relate to what she's going through and knows staying hopeful is what will keep her going.

"You know, if nothing else, I represent the aftermath," said Klaas. "I'm the light at the end of the tunnel? I don't know. I'm the guy who has been there, done that and still standing on my own feet moving forward."

While Billie Dunn was suspicious of her live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins at one point, she's now not sure if he had anything to do with her disappearance.

"It's something I thought about a little bit," said Dunn. "I don't really believe that."

Note that her daughter is missing for more than 3 weeks.
She has spoken of her in the past tense. .
She never addressed her until last night.
She has lied repeatedly.
she has defended Shawn Adkins, whom police have named as the suspect in a criminal investigation.
She has repeatedly used the word "we" when speaking of herself and Shawn
With her daughter missing this long, she has only thought about Shawn being involved "a little bit" and "really" doesn't believe he is involved.

This is deceptive.

Billie Dunn knows what happened to her daughter.

At this point, no one knows if Adkins had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance. Billie and Klaas are hopeful they'll see Hailey again.

Note that "Billie and Klass" are hopeful
"To my knowledge, there isn't any evidence of foul play found," said Dunn. "I know that my daughter can still be alive."

note "to my knowledge" in that the relationship between Billie Dunn and the police is not good. HLN reported on Wednesday that police stated that Billie Dunn was withholding information that would help them in the search for Hailey.

Billie Dunn could tell police and investigators enough information that would recover Hailey, yet she is deliberately withholding the information.

Billie Dunn has failed a polygraph, just as Shawn Adkins did.

The "we" is indicative that they are involved in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, 13, together.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 5:01 AM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: The Deception of Billie Dunn   Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Friday, January 21, 2011

The Deception of Billie Dunn

by Peter Hyatt

in an earlier poll, 89% of you thought that she was no longer alive. Has your opinion changed since Billie Jean Dunn, her mother, has repeatedly spoken of Hailey in the past tense? Did the dispassionate address lessen hope?

Is Hailey Dunn Alive?
no
yes, there is still hope
pollcode.com free polls

For many, it is unthinkable that Billie Dunn went three weeks without making a direct message to her daughter. It is something people expected to hear the first time she was interviewed on the local TV station, and to be repeated each chance she had.

But for those of us in Statement Analysis, it made perfect sense that she would not make a plea; that is, until Mark Klass arrived at her home.

But even with his present, she gave what could be called the most dispassionate address imaginable; almost as if she was reading an instructional manual to call 911, but could not help but show her frustration at police seizing her cell phone.

With the "if you can..." it would seem that the lack of passion in her words and in her delivery is due to lack of commitment.

For Statement Analysis, it makes sense.

Billie Dunn knows or believes that Hailey is dead. Why should we expect to hear a passionate response given this understanding? She did what was expected.

Billie Dunn is consistently deceptive. Experts point to her as a victim of domestic violence, being controlled by Shawn.
She called Shawn "MHMR" which may stand for "Mental Health, Mental Retardation" as an abbreviation for classification. When asked, she said "he is retarded."

We have had few statements from Clint Dunn, who does not speak much, and he may garner some attention now that it was reported that Hailey's earring was found in his home. Police have stated that although Shawn Adkins is a "suspect" that there are "others" (plural) who are being looked at.

Billie Dunn would like people to believe that because she does not have an attorney and she appears on the Nancy Grace Show, she is not part of Hailey's disappearance, even though Nancy Grace steadfastly resists asking any plain or pointed questions of Billie Dunn. Instead, she is not only shielded from obvious questions raised by the affidavit (the report of Shawn threatening Hailey was reported days before Grace raised the issue), but is praised for her courage and bravery, as her body language suggests not only deception, but she is enjoying the attention.

Her language shows extreme selfishness, but so does her behavior. After being threatened by Shawn, she moved him in anyway, putting her wants before her children's safety. Her language tells us that she and Shawn are still a couple, communicating.

She has been deceptive about their history, about drug abuse, partying, drug purchasing, time line, Shawn's work, police activity, slasher videos, and more; yet wants to be believed that she is not guilty in even assisting Shawn Adkins.

From CNN:
Affidavits in the case indicate Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, and Adkins failed polygraph exams on Hailey's whereabouts.

According to the affidavits, Adkins ended two polygraph exams by walking out. On the third try, he failed the initial part of the test, but he then "made a positive indication" that the girl could be found in Scurry County, Texas. Dunn said Adkins was on anxiety medication at the time of the first test.

Dunn was under the influence of narcotics on her first polygraph examination, and she failed the second, according to a law enforcement affidavit posted on the website of KTAB.

On this week's, Peter Hyatt Show, we will cover the deception of Billie Jean Dunn, on BlogTalk Radio, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 6PM. We will have more details about this in a latter post.

What of Billie Dunn's deception?

Most deception comes from the editing process which we all use.

If I were to ask you, "What did you do this morning?" you would likely give a few details but would leave out certain information. This is the editing process that we all use. If we didn't edit our answers, we'd never stop talking.

But when a subject uses the editing process to leave out critical or expected information, it is deception.

Dr. Eckman simply calls it "lying" as its purpose is to deceive.

In Statement Analysis, we differentiate between deception and lying, for the purpose of gathering information.

Lying, in analysis, is to fabricate reality. This is rarely done, and indicates a level of deception that is serious.

"Zanaida took Caylee", Casey Anthony said, is an example of fabricating reality. "Zanaida" does not exist; therefore, she could not have taken Caylee. This is rare.

"I went to the drug store. Stopped at the gas station. Stopped at a friend's house. I came home."

How would you investigate this? In Statement Analysis, we would carefully note that pronouns are not present regarding the gas station and a friend's house. We would conclude that the subject may not have stopped at either the gas station or a friend's house.
The subject may have, but the subject has not told us that she did and percentage wise, it is unreliable. If she did stop at the two locations, it would need to be verified and if we were to learn that she did, it is likely that what took place at one or both locations is extremely important to the investigation.

The sensitivity of it indicates that if she did what was implied, what took place around the scenario is not something she wants investigators to know.

It is so important, in fact, that the subject did not want to place herself at either location. Statement Analysis becomes, here, a tool for the investigator.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth..." is an expectation when a question is asked.

Bille Dunn was asked to talk about Shawn's relationship with her and with Hailey.

She described a loving relationship, confirming Shawn's words that he loved her and that she loved him with all her heart.

Billie Dunn did not tell about the multiple calls to police to complain that Shawn had threatened her life; nor that Shawn had admitting threatening Hailey's life.

She did not lie.

She did deceive, however, by leaving out the information.

Why?

She did this, in spite of her 13 year old daughter being missing, in order to portray Shawn in the most favorable light, even going as far as to say that he wouldn't harm her.

By deliberately withholding critical information, Billie Dunn was deceptive.

Billie Dunn has reason to be deceptive. Billie Dunn failed a polygraph.

When she was asked, there is an expectation that she will tell relevant facts.

What else was she deceptive about?

She was deceptive about Shawn's video tapes. She attempted to portray slasher and horror tapes as only "true crime" information.

She was deceptive about drug use, drug purchasing and overall substance abuse.

She was deceptive about the New Year's Eve party she held in her home, while her 13 year old daughter was missing. When pushed by questioning, her change of language showed deception as she went from "drinks" served to "a beer" by Shawn. She refused to answer the question about staying up till midnight to watch the ball drop. This question was used because Billie Dunn would not answer a direct question and humiliated her.

She was deceptive about her activities the day Hailey was reported missing. It took 4 appearances on television in order to get an answer about leaving work. Making vague responses is another way to deceive without directly fabricating.

When she described what she did she began with the pronouns, but dropped them, in particular, about contacting Hailey's friends and calling family.

She was deceptive about the slasher videos. In fact, I expect that when police give more information to the public, Nancy Grace will likely learn that Billie Dunn may be in some of the videos that she denied knowledge of.

She has been deceptive about small issues and about big issues, but all the issues are important because they speak to the environment that was conducive to Hailey going missing.

The real question is:

Why is Billie Dunn being deceptive?

It could be for many reasons. Among them:

A. She fears Shawn
B. She fears being exposed for drug abuse.
C. She wants to protect Shawn
D. She was part of a cover up after the fact
E. She was directly involved.

At this time, we do not know.

HLN reported that police have stated that Billie Dunn is impeding the investigation (and subsequent recovery of Hailey) by withholding information.

Billie Dunn may have information that she is not sharing that could bring the searching for Hailey to an end.

But we have something in Billie Dunn's language, that as a mother, is a red flag:

Mothers of missing children do not normally speak of the child in past tense language, unless they either believe, or have knowledge, that the child is deceased. When Susan Smith spoke of her sons in the past tense, analysts knew that her story of carjacking was a fabrication and that the children were dead.

In July of 2008, when Casey Anthony told her mother that Caylee had been kidnapped, she said, "Caylee loved the park" with the past tense "loved" our key to knowing that they were not searching for a live child.

In fact, mothers struggle to accept a child's death, even after the child is located, and often slip into present tense language. Why? Because the death goes against every fiber of their being; every protective capacity; every instinct of nurturing. It takes time to work through, or process, the truth of a child's death. This is why when a mother speaks in the past tense of a missing child, it is indicative that the child is deceased.

Billie Dunn has spoken repeatedly on national television, of Hailey, in the past tense. Billie Dunn knows or believes that Hailey is dead.

Billie Dunn is withholding information that may allow the recovery of Hailey.

If she is protecting Shawn, it is time to stop, now, and tell police what they need to know in order to find Hailey. Police have strong reason why they stated that she is withholding information from them and by going public, it is an attempt to pressure Billie into speaking.

If Billie is protecting herself, sooner or later, the truth will be known. It would be better for all to come clean and tell the police and the searchers what it is they need to know to find Hailey.

We know that Billie Dunn has been deceptive about many aspects of her life, Shawn and this case. What we don't know is:

Why is Billie Dunn being deceptive?

What about the polygraph?

Billie stated that she and Shawn failed the polygraph. We know from Billie's words that she still considers herself in a relationship with Shawn and is in contact with him, in spite of reporting that his lawyer told him not to.

What questions were asked in the polygraph that Billie flunked?

The questions may have been simple "yes or no" questions like the ones following. They would not be complex questions and the answers should come easily. We do not have the transcripts, so this is a sample of what she might have been asked:

1. Is your name Billie Dunn?
2. Do you live at such and such?
3. Is Shawn Adkins your boyfriend?
4. Are you the mother of Hailey Dunn?
5. Do you know where Hailey is now?
6. Do you know what happened to Hailey?
7. Did you cause the disappearance of Hailey?
8. Did Shawn cause Hailey's disappearance?

The questions would be asked to her before the polygraph is administered in a pre-screening interview. Therefore, she would know each question she would be asked, reducing the anxiety of the unknown. A baseline is first sought, with simple questions about name, date of birth, address, and family relations.

She would have to have significant physiological changes (sensitivity) to the critical questions for the polygrapher to conclude that she is deceptive.

This means that her blood pressure, perspiration, pulse, and breathing rate would have a significant change from:

Are you the mother of Hailey Dunn? to

Did you cause Hailey's disappearance? and

Do you know what happened to Hailey?

The actual testing (hooked up) may have taken less than 30 minutes and there are no surprise questions for her, which would cause most people to feel anxiety. Even dulled by anti anxiety (Ativan, for example) or relaxed with narcotics, they would not declare her to have failed the test unless there was a significant change in reaction to the questions about Hailey's disappearance, versus the baseline questions.

This is why failing a polygraph is significant in an investigation. There are variables, especially with the polygrapher's experience and administration, but success rates are not difficult to understand. Picture these questions with the phsyiological reactions on a scale of 1 to 10, remembering that each of these questions was asked to you a few minutes ago and now are asked again and your answers are being monitored. John Q Public jr is missing and investigators immediately focus upon the family and give them all polygraphs. John sr's test looks like this:

1. Are you John Q Public, yes Reaction: 2
2. Do you live in Anytown, USA, yes Reaction 2
3. Is your name Pinocchio? no Reaction 3
4. Are you the father of John jr? yes Reaction 4
5. Are you married to Susie Public? yes Reaction 2
6. Did you cause John jr to go missing? no Reaction 9
7. Did you lie to investigators? no Reaction 9
8. Do you like vanilla ice cream? yes Reaction 1
9. Did you harm John jr? no Reaction 10
10. Do you know where John is? no Reaction 9

The polygrapher then reports to police that the subject failed the polygraph and the investigation now focuses upon John Q Public even though they are still following up tips and looking at local sex offenders. Mrs. John Q Public passed her test. The foucus of the investigation is upon those who failed the polygraph.

Police generally administer a polygraph very quickly in a missing person's case. They note the family's reaction.

Innocent people will often either take the polygraph immediately or badger the police into administering it. We saw this with the family of Elizabeth Smart.

Not only did Billie Jean and Shawn Adkins delay the polygraph, and stage walk outs and have overall bad reactions, they both failed the polygraph.

Police are not giving Billie Jean Dunn information because although it is yet official, she is a suspect.

She has been able to get some public sympathy in spite of her abdication of duties to protect Hailey, and her drug use and partying. For some, Casey Anthony enraged people for partying while Caylee was reported missing, but give Billie Dunn a pass for not only drug abuse, but having a New Year's Eve party while Hailey had been missing for 4 days.

Billie Dunn was deceptive to police and they caught her. She was deceptive on her television appearances, but has received mostly praise and support.

Police appear to be working diligently, and quietly, building a case in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.

I expect that Shawn Adkins will be arrested in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, but I also expect that Billie Dunn will also be arrested, but it may be for related charges, including hindering an investigation, lying to police, witness tampering, or other perimeter charges depending upon state statutes and how a prosecutor will interpret law.

We will be viewing the deception of Billie Dunn this week on The Peter Hyatt Show on BlogTalk Radio

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 6:16 AM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAILEY DUNN   

Back to top Go down

HAILEY DUNN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next