LOVE AND PROTECT ALL CHILDREN

A discussion of children, their welfare, well being and lives. We must protect them, they are our future.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

KYRON HORMAN: MISSING ENDANGERED CHILD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Multnomah Co. sheriff, DA to ask for about $438,000 to support Kyron Horman inquiry   Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Multnomah County sheriff, DA to ask for about $438,000 to support Kyron Horman inquiry

Published: Monday, July 19, 2010, 8:32 PM Updated: Monday, July 19, 2010, 8:56 PM

Maxine Bernstein, The Oregonian

Jamie Francis/The OregonianMultnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton will ask the county for $242,609 to hire an investigative technician and to cover overtime costs through October for the missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman case.

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton and District Attorney Michael Schrunk will ask the county this week for an additional $438,643 as their criminal inquiry into missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman proceeds.

The proposal will go before the county Board of Commissioners on Thursday.

Kyron was last seen June 4 at Skyline School in rural Northwest Portland. His stepmom had taken him to school for a science fair that morning, but the boy did not return to class and wasn't reported missing until that afternoon when he did not arrive home on the school bus.

» Timeline
» Stories
» Photos
» Videos

For 10 days, several agencies assisted the sheriff's office in a large search-and-rescue effort for the boy, with no success. The case has turned into a criminal investigation, with the inquiry intently focused on the stepmom, but no charges or arrests have been made.

The sheriff's office is requesting $242,609 to support the salary of a one-year investigative technician and to cover four months of overtime, from July through October.

In its request to the board, the sheriff's office says it has generated more than 3,000 leads that have filled 38 4-inch binders and has subpoenaed 200 sets of records, each record generating from 10 pages to hundreds of pages of paper records. Phone, e-mail, computer, financial and school records likely would be among the material subpoenaed, criminal justice experts say.

A lead investigator, two detectives and an investigative technician are assigned to examine all the records. The sheriff's office is asking for overtime funding for the four positions through October.

If the case were to conclude before then, the investigative technician's position would end, the sheriff's office said.

In October, the sheriff's office expects to return to the Board of Commissioners to discuss progress on the case and if any additional resources are necessary, the request says.

The district attorney's office is seeking $196,034 to support a deputy district attorney and one investigator through the remainder of this fiscal year to help backfill the work of six more seasoned prosecutors and three investigators dedicated to the Horman investigation.

Through June 23, the district attorney's office spent about $62,616, representing 1,212 hours worked by two chief deputy prosecutors, three senior deputy prosecutors, two to three deputy district attorneys, three investigators and an administrative secretary.

"With a dozen staff and well over 1200 man-hours through July 9th, the office is in it for the long haul," Schrunk wrote to the board. "But this does take much needed resources away from working other cases that routinely come into the DA's office. If and when an arrest is made, the (work) continues for the DA office through the trial and penalty phases and will also require resources to coordinate the thousands of documents associated with the case."

More than 42 agencies have been involved in the search and investigation for Kyron, the sheriff's office said in its request.

Christian Elkin, the county's principal budget analyst, said the money would come from the general fund contingency. "The contingency appropriation will be used solely for the costs associated with the search for Kyron and any unused balance will be returned to the General Fund," Elkin wrote in a memo to county commissioners.

The sheriff's office spent about $350,000 in the Kyron case as of the second week of July. Together with the district attorney's costs, the two have spent more than $412,000 since Kyron went missing.

The county sets aside money each fiscal year for unexpected or emergency expenses, county Chairman Jeff Cogen said. "This was frankly something we couldn't have foreseen," Cogen said. "I'm absolutely supportive of making sure the sheriff and the DA have the resources they need."

On Friday, the boy's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, left the couple's home and moved to her parents' house in Roseburg; her lawyer and investigators helped move her belongings and boxes from the property. Terri Horman's husband, Kaine, and their daughter, Kiara, 20 months old, moved back into the home Saturday afternoon.

The father and daughter had left the house June 26 after investigators informed him that his wife had tried to a hire a landscaper to kill him -- about six to seven months before Kyron disappeared. Kaine Horman has filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order against Terri Horman, restricting her from any parenting time with Kiara. Terri Horman is not contesting the restraining order or divorce.

The parents of Kyron released another statement Sunday night: "Kaine and Kiara have returned home and are getting settled back into the house. Kaine is spending time getting the house ready so that Kyron has a comfortable and safe home to return to. The family sends their deepest gratitude for your support and thanks everyone who is keeping an eye out for Kyron."

-- Maxine Bernstein
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron's dad attends 3 hours of meetings at sheriff's office   Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Kyron's dad attends 3 hours of meetings at sheriff's office

Kyron's dad attends 3 hours of meetings at sheriff's office

by Teresa Blackman, kgw.com staff

kgw.com

Posted on July 21, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Updated today at 11:49 AM

PORTLAND – The father of missing seven-year-old Kyron Horman attended three hours of meetings at the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office Tuesday.
KGW’s live truck was parked outside the sheriff’s office as Kaine Horman entered the building around 6 p.m. and left around 9 p.m. However, Kaine told KGW on the way out that he did not wish to comment on the three hours of meetings he had just attended.
Lt. Mary Lindstrand, a spokeswoman with the sheriff’s office, also told KGW she would not comment on why Kaine was there Tuesday.
Late Wednesday morning, Sheriff Daniel Staton released a statement to the media promising he was working to complete a thorough investigation, even if he could not elaborate on all the details.
“There are many decision points which are discussed and filtered among investigators, deputy district attorneys, command staff and other experts. Our detectives and searchers are continuing to follow up on many leads to include establishing and verifying information relating to Kyron's activities prior to his disappearance,” he said in the statement.
Staton told KGW he would accept written questions from reporters and then a written statement would be released no later than Friday in response to the questions submitted.
Sheriff requests special funding
Meantime, investigators in charge of the Portland missing child case were expected to ask Multnomah County for nearly a half- million dollars in funding to cover overtime and other costs in the case. Sheriff Staton and the District Attorney's office said they need $242,000 for four months of overtime and nearly $200,000 for a deputy D.A. and a special limited-time investigator.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Sourses: Terri Horman vague on Kyron's doctor appointment date   Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:21 am

Sources: Terri Horman vague on Kyron’s doctor appointment date

By Anna Song KATU News and KATU.com Staff

Summary

There was no expectation on the part of Skyline School that Kyron Horman would be in class after the science fair the day he disappeared, according to multiple sources.

Story Published: Jul 21, 2010 at 7:11 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 21, 2010 at 8:38 PM PDT

Terri Horman. KATU News file photo.

PORTLAND, Ore. - There was no expectation on the part of Skyline School that Kyron Horman would be in class after the science fair the day he disappeared, according to multiple sources.

Prior to his June 4 disappearance, Kyron Horman’s stepmother, Terri Horman, informed his teacher he had a doctor’s appointment on Friday, the sources said, and it was why there was no expectation Kyron would be in class after the science fair. Once class began at 10 a.m., his teacher marked him absent.

According to sources, investigators believe Terri Horman was vague about which Friday she was referring to when she gave notice to the school Kyron would be gone and only after he was missing did she clarify that the doctor’s appointment was on June 11, the Friday after the science fair.

Portland Public Schools spokesperson Matt Shelby told KATU News, "Two teachers were the last school staff to see Kyron at Skyline. His own teacher and another teacher saw him inside the school with his stepmother, and there didn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary.”

Kim Holm’s son, Kurtis, who Terri Horman photographed with his science project around the time she took a picture of Kyron that morning, said her son knew about the appointment too.

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, Kurtis ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And Kurtis said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”

At 1:21 that afternoon Terri Horman posted the science fair photos on her Facebook page. At 3:30 she went to meet Kyron’s school bus, which he never boarded. Then came her 9-1-1 call, and the search for Kyron began.

The issue of the doctor appointment is among several questions KATU News has submitted to Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton. He is expected to answer those questions, in writing, sometime in the next couple of days.

Terri Horman has not been named a suspect or person of interest in Kyron’s disappearance and there have been no arrests made in the case.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: And The Plot Thickens In Kyron's case.......The Latest   Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:39 pm

And The Plot Thickens In Kyron’s Case……..The Latest

The news has been a bit slow in the search for Kyron over the last few days, but today it picked up a bit. It appears that there is a man by the name of Edward Dames, that is a retired remote viewer, with the US Army. What is that you ask??? Basically a military psychic/searcher. After working a bit with his team, Mr. Dames now claims that Kyron is not where law enforcement has been searching, but he claims that he is on private property, roughly 10 miles south of Skyline Elementary School. He cannot search it because it is private property, but has forwarded this information to the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Department. It has been confirmed that they received his report and they say they have an investigator examining the leads in the report. More on the story:
Retired Remote Viewer Offers Assistance
Now I do not believe in psychics, but I do believe that God causes some people to have dreams and visions and while I have no idea as to this man’s credibility, I do think if that area has not been searched, it is worth looking in to, as so far, they have not found Kyron. That of course is my opinion, but I think it’s worth a look. Kyron needs to be found, ASAP!!!
The next little twinge of news is the ever popular discrepancies about the doctor’s appointment issue. This next article is claiming “sources” say Terri was “vague” about the doctor’s appointment. Check it out:
Terri Was Vague About Doctor’s Appointment
I found more than a couple of things really interesting about that article. One, the claim that 2 teachers saw Terri and Kyron at the Science Fair that morning. Two, that they are claiming that Terri was vague about the doctor’s appointment, which gave them no expectation that Kyron would be in class. Terri has maintained that she said Friday the 11th not that day, and if she said “Friday” to me that would be odd as it was Friday, as I would think she would say “today”, not Friday. That is my sticking point on that one. I also found it interesting that a friend of Kyron’s that Terri photographed that day knew of the doctor’s appointment. Apparently KATU has submitted questions (including the one about the doctor’s appointment) in writing to the Sheriff and they say he is expected to answer in writing within the next few days. I will be very interested to see his response.
The next article is one in which Kaine makes some statements, while visiting the “wall of hope” in regards to Kyron. The first being: he wants to limit the distractions surrounding the investigation and that Kyron is out there, just “waiting to be found”. He also said:
“I think there’s been some distractions along the way. We’re trying to limit those distractions as best we can,”
He maintains Kyron will come home and he also said:
“I get really emotional every time I come up here. It’s amazing,” Kaine Horman said. “It continues to make me miss him even more, if that’s possible.”
The full story:
Kyron Is Just “Waiting To Be Found”.
The last story is about Kaine’s visit to the “wall of hope”, but it has a little tidbit in it that I found interesting and that is that Kaine apparently met with investigators for 3 hours on Tuesday and upon his departure this media outlet asked him about his meeting and he had no comment.
The Article
Also:
Kaine At Sheriff’s Office 3 Hours
The bottom line in all of the news is this………..Kaine still is holding on to hope that Kyron is alive. A guy that may or may not be credible believes he knows where Kyron is based on alleged psychic ability, and has turned the information over to law enforcement, which if he turns out to be right, I don’t think Kyron is alive, just my gut on that. The Sheriff may answer a few questions of a station in writing within a few days, mainly the question about the doctor’s appointment. Kaine believes the investigation has become distracted along the way, which I agree with, but I think the family has helped a bit with that, with all due respect, but so has the public and the media. Kaine spent 3 hours at the Sheriff’s Office and will not reveal why or what was discussed, which I can kind of understand that, but because that is all we have, any guesses would be pure speculation. He was either helping them, they were briefing him, or they had some more questions for him, and to me that is really the only choices we have on that.
My bottom line is I hope they are making progress in finding Kyron. He must be found as soon as possible.

Please God Cause Kyron To Be Found

**Niecey456
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Investigators put pressure on Terri Moulton Horman's friends, including DeDe Spicher   Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Investigators put pressure on Terri Moulton Horman's friends, including DeDe Spicher

Published: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 7:50 PM
Updated: Friday, July 23, 2010, 9:48 AM

The OregonianTerri Moulton Horman
Law enforcement investigating the disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman have been putting pressure on a small circle of friends of his stepmom Terri Moulton Horman, including a 43-year-old Tualatin woman named DeDe Spicher.

Investigators searched Spicher's condominium in Tualatin last week, and have interviewed people who saw Spicher on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared.

Spicher was a visible presence at the Horman house after Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, moved out and filed for divorce and a restraining order against Terri Horman in late June. She also was seen driving Terri Horman to and from her attorney's office in downtown Portland.

Detectives learned that Spicher, who shares Terri Horman's passion for fitness and gardening, was doing gardening work for a Northwest Portland homeowner on June 4. She abruptly left the house about 11:30 a.m. and didn't return until an hour to 90 minutes later.

» Kyron Horman special coverage
Your guide to the story
» Timeline
» All stories
» All photos
» All videos

Another person working at the home called Spicher to come in for lunch, and the homeowner called Spicher on her cell phone but she wasn't reachable. Detectives have questioned both the homeowner and the other person who was working at the home that day.

Messages left for Spicher and her parents were not returned Thursday.

Kyron, a second-grader at Skyline School, was last seen at the school the morning of June 4. Terri Horman has told authorities she last saw him walking toward his classroom about 8:45 a.m. She had taken him to school earlier that morning for the school's science fair. The boy was not reported missing until after school when he didn't return home on the school bus.

In a statement late tonight, Kaine Horman and Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, and Desiree's husband, Tony Young, said they had been briefed by law enforcement and believe Spicher is hampering the investigation. They implored her to cooperate.

"She has not only been in close communication with Terri but has been providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son,'' the statement said. "Additional information provided shows that she is refusing to cooperate with law enforcement, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron's disappearance, not to cooperate as well.''

Spicher's next-door neighbor Kyle Gilpin said he came home about 5:30 p.m. last Thursday, and saw two law enforcement cars parked nearby and men wearing FBI jackets at Spicher's condo in Tualatin.

"They were in and out of her condo," Gilpin said.

Spicher has served as the president of the condo association, and since April, was selected to work for Portland "Grocery Gardening" author Jean Ann Van Krevelen's "Gardener to Farmer" Edible Gardening apprenticeship, learning gardening and cooking skills with the opportunity to take home a share of the harvest.

Spicher is not the first person who has assisted Terri Horman in recent weeks to have been drawn into the investigation.

Police said Michael Cook, who was also seen at the Horman home after Kaine Horman moved out, has been interviewed by authorities. Cook was a high school friend of Kaine Horman who showed up at the couple's home after Kyron disappeared.

In a court filing seeking to hold Terri Horman in contempt of a judge's order that initially sealed the restraining order, Kaine Horman's attorney wrote that Terri Horman showed the restraining order to Cook, who took photos of it and did a Google map search of the temporary address where Kaine Horman had moved with his and Terri Horman's young daughter. Kaine Horman moved out June 26 after authorities informed him that Terri Horman had allegedly tried to hire a landscaper late last year to kill him.

DeDe Spicher
Authorities examined Cook's cell phone, found a photo of the restraining order and evidence that Terri Horman had been "sexting" him days after her husband filed for divorce, according to a court filing.

Jack Levin, a criminology professor and co-director of Northeastern University's Brudnick Center on Violence and Conflict, said the fact that authorities are now looking for evidence from friends associated with Kyron's stepmom indicates that either they suspect that if Terri Horman was involved in Kyron's disappearance she may have had help, or shared information with a friend or they are "grasping at straws" because they have a suspicion but no clear evidence or a confession.

"I don't think it's so unusual for friends to help one another in a time of need, especially to come to the rescue of someone who has been accused in the court of public opinion of possibly doing something horrendous," Levin said.

Here is the full statement from Kaine Horman, Desiree Young and Tony Young:

"Good evening,

"We have been briefed by law enforcement on the most recent developments in Kyron’s case. We have been informed that they have identified a person that has been in close communication with Terri Moulton Horman since Kyron went missing and her name is DeDe Spicher. She has not only been in close communication with Terri but has been providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son. Additional information provided shows that she is refusing to cooperate with law enforcement, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron’s disappearance, not to cooperate as well. We implore DeDe Spicer (sic) to come forward and cooperate with the investigators in any way that they need in order to assist us in finding our son. We will state further that if we find out through the investigation that she caused a delay in us finding our son due to her lack of cooperation, we will pursue civil remedies in this matter.

"We as a family cannot understand how anyone can look at Kyron’s smiling face, having information and choose not to help bring him home. Please remember what this is about, it’s about bringing a wonderful little boy back to his family.

"Desiree, Tony, and Kaine"
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron: Did Terri Have Help?   Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Friday, July 23, 2010

Kyron: Did Terri Have Help?

Is this the first indication that Terri Horman had help? Prior to this, we have been told by Kaine and Desiree that they thought Terri Horman planned this and had help, but only based their belief on the kill for hire plot. We have had no indications from them (linguistically) nor from police...perhaps until now:

The article is in italics; analysis or commmentary in bold type. With this now being released, is an arrest close?

Kyron, a second-grader at Skyline School, was last seen at the school the morning of June 4. Terri Horman has told authorities she last saw him walking toward his classroom about 8:45 a.m. She had taken him to school earlier that morning for the school's science fair. The boy was not reported missing until after school when he didn't return home on the school bus.

In a statement late tonight, Kaine Horman and Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, and Desiree's husband, Tony Young, said they had been briefed by law enforcement and believe Spicher is hampering the investigation. They implored her to cooperate.

"She has not only been in close communication with Terri but has been providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son,'' the statement said. "Additional information provided shows that she is refusing to cooperate with law enforcement, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron's disappearance, not to cooperate as well.''

Spicher's next-door neighbor Kyle Gilpin said he came home about 5:30 p.m. last Thursday, and saw two law enforcement cars parked nearby and men wearing FBI jackets at Spicher's condo in Tualatin.

"They were in and out of her condo," Gilpin said.

Spicher has served as the president of the condo association, and since April, was selected to work for Portland "Grocery Gardening" author Jean Ann Van Krevelen's "Gardener to Farmer" Edible Gardening apprenticeship, learning gardening and cooking skills with the opportunity to take home a share of the harvest.

Spicher is not the first person who has assisted Terri Horman in recent weeks to have been drawn into the investigation.

Police said Michael Cook, who was also seen at the Horman home after Kaine Horman moved out, has been interviewed by authorities. Cook was a high school friend of Kaine Horman who showed up at the couple's home after Kyron disappeared.

In a court filing seeking to hold Terri Horman in contempt of a judge's order that initially sealed the restraining order, Kaine Horman's attorney wrote that Terri Horman showed the restraining order to Cook, who took photos of it and did a Google map search of the temporary address where Kaine Horman had moved with his and Terri Horman's young daughter. Kaine Horman moved out June 26 after authorities informed him that Terri Horman had allegedly tried to hire a landscaper late last year to kill him.

Authorities examined Cook's cell phone, found a photo of the restraining order and evidence that Terri Horman had been "sexting" him days after her husband filed for divorce, according to a court filing.

Jack Levin, a criminology professor and co-director of Northeastern University's Brudnick Center on Violence and Conflict, said the fact that authorities are now looking for evidence from friends associated with Kyron's stepmom indicates that either they suspect that if Terri Horman was involved in Kyron's disappearance she may have had help, or shared information with a friend or they are "grasping at straws" because they have a suspicion but no clear evidence or a confession.

"I don't think it's so unusual for friends to help one another in a time of need, especially to come to the rescue of someone who has been accused in the court of public opinion of possibly doing something horrendous," Levin said.

Here is the full statement from Kaine Horman, Desiree Young and Tony Young:

"Good evening,

"We have been briefed by law enforcement on the most recent developments in Kyron’s case. We have been informed that they have identified a person that has been in close communication with Terri Moulton Horman since Kyron went missing and her name is DeDe Spicher. She has not only been in close communication with Terri but has been providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son. Additional information provided shows that she is refusing to cooperate with law enforcement, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron’s disappearance, not to cooperate as well. We implore DeDe Spicer (sic) to come forward and cooperate with the investigators in any way that they need in order to assist us in finding our son. We will state further that if we find out through the investigation that she caused a delay in us finding our son due to her lack of cooperation, we will pursue civil remedies in this matter.

"We as a family cannot understand how anyone can look at Kyron’s smiling face, having information and choose not to help bring him home. Please remember what this is about, it’s about bringing a wonderful little boy back to his family.

"Desiree, Tony, and Kaine"

-

By releasing the specific name, it may be that the police are attempting to put pressure on DeDe Spicher to come forward and report what she knows. Does this suggest furhter weakness in the case?

In other stalled cases, prosecution has the option of convening a Grand Jury for the purpose of an indictment.

We continue to pray and we continue to wait.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 3:37 AM 2 comments

**StatementAnalysis
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Sheriff Q & A: 'criminal behavois has occurred' in Kyron case   Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:47 am

Sheriff Q&A: 'criminal behavior has occurred' in Kyron case

By KATU News

Summary

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office answered questions via e-mail Friday afternoon submitted to them by the media.

Story Published: Jul 23, 2010 at 3:58 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 23, 2010 at 11:32 PM PDT

Kyron Horman

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office answered questions via e-mail Friday afternoon submitted to them by the media. The unedited questions and answers appear below.
How many tips have come in so far?

• As of this date we can account for approximately 3300 leads which have been developed from the thousands of tips that have been received. Continuous information comes in on a daily basis which prevents our ability to give you an actual count at this time. All tips pass through the hands of a detective and are reviewed, prioritized and assigned for follow up. Some tips are duplicates and confirmed as such.

When was the last time Terri Horman met with police?

• We have not spoken with her since she retained counsel.

Terri Horman is now living in Roseburg – Will that make it more difficult for police to get her if something is discovered at the last minute?

• Terri’s moving to Roseburg has not affected our investigation, nor has it hindered our ability to contact her.

Has anyone been ruled out in Kyron’s disappearance? Who?

• A number of people have been ruled out; we are unable to discuss the specifics of these individuals.

Video has been requested from local businesses as well as from members of the media – Has any footage been recovered and if so did it yield anything that will be helpful to the case?

• We have recovered many photos and video footage. We will not be able to comment on their evidentiary value. We continue to ask individuals in possession of photos and video surrounding the Skyline Grade School event on June 4, 2010 to provide that to investigators. We continue to ask the media for their assistance and support in this investigation. The photos and videos that have been provided by the media have helped further the investigation process.

Has the truck been returned to the Horman’s?

• Kaine Horman is in possession of his truck.

Weeks ago you said Terri Horman has been cooperating - is that still true? Kaine and Desiree have said otherwise.

• During this investigation Terri Horman has been cooperative and there have been other times she has not. We cannot speak to specifics regarding this issue.

Are you still conducting active searches for Kyron?

• Each viable tip is actively pursued. If the tip lends itself to an area to be searched, we will employ those resources.

How many investigators are still dedicated to this case and what are they doing on a daily basis?
A significant investigative team composed of DA Office, East County Major Crime’s Team and other local, state and federal agencies are involved in this case. The numbers varies daily, based on investigative needs.
Are tips still coming in?

• Yes

Why has the sheriff’s department pulled back so drastically from talking to the media/public about this case?

• This is an ongoing criminal investigation, our responsibility is to resolve this case and bring Kyron home. We are not going to release details of our efforts that will breach the integrity of this investigation or potential prosecution at a later date. If we have information that would benefit our investigation, or help in finding Kyron we will release it.

Are you any closer to cracking this case than you were 2 weeks ago or even 4 weeks ago?

• We continue to make significant progress but we are not able to provide details.

Have you used the assistance of psychics in the investigation?

• We have not solicited the help of psychics.

Do you have any information leading you to believe Kyron is alive?

• We are continuing to hope Kyron is alive and will proceed under that premise.

While you have said this is a criminal investigation, do you believe a crime was committed in Kyron’s disappearance?

• Criminal behavior has occurred and we will continue to investigate toward a resolution.

Kyron's disappearance the largest search in state history?

• Yes this is true

Is the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office still the lead agency investigating this case?

• Yes

Are tips coming from other parts of the country?

• Yes

From other countries?

• Yes

How many people are working on the investigation now? At what point do you scale back the investigation?

• We examine resources each week and make an assessment as to what we will need on a weekly basis. We are fortunate to have the number and caliber of investigators dedicated to this investigation.

Can we have the list of law enforcement agencies that have assisted in the Kyron Horman investigation?

• Gresham Police, Fairview Police, Troutdale Police, Portland Police, Port of Portland Police, Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office, Clackamas County DA MCT, Multnomah County DA’s investigators, Washington County District Attorney’s Office, Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Gladstone Police, Oregon City Police, Milwaukie Police, Canby Police, Lake Oswego Police, West Linn Police, Vancouver Police, Hillsboro Police, Beaverton Police, FBI, DEA, ICE, Secret Service, DOD Defense Criminal Investigative Services, Oregon DOJ, Oregon State Police.

This list does not include search and rescue resources.
How many other children are considered missing/endangered in Multnomah County at this time aside from Kyron?

• There are no other cases that meet this criteria

Of what value is a polygraph test to investigators, if the results are not admissible in a prosecution?

• It is an investigative tool.

Why are you taking questions via email?

• This is the most time efficient and cost effective way to provide information to the numerous and various types of media.

You have never done this before, why now and why this case?

• This is a very large case with enormous media and public interest. This is the most efficient way to address many questions from numerous media outlets. This is a large case and has attracted a lot of media attention and public interest.

Is there an active search every day? Or just responding to tips?

• Searches occur when necessary. We are responding to tips on a daily basis. If that tip warrants a physical search of an area, that is handled accordingly.

Give us an idea of man hours on this and what kind of staffing from your office and other offices.

• This is a full time investigation. Resources have been allocated from our office and other agencies to effectively investigate this case. There have also been resources allocated to address the day to day operations for each agency.

Has the media attention helped or hurt the case?

• The media attention has helped to keep Kyron in the public’s eyes and minds.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kaine Horman asks court to have estranged wife pay half of his attorney fees   Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Kaine Horman asks court to have estranged wife pay half of his attorney fees

Published: Monday, July 26, 2010, 10:26 AM Updated: Monday, July 26, 2010, 10:42 AM

View full The OregonianTerri and Kaine Horman

Kaine Horman has filed a motion in court this morning, asking a judge to order his estranged wife, Terri Moulton Horman, to disclose the source of the reportedly $350,000 she has paid to retain criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze.

"If Respondent has provided funds to her attorneys for her legal representation and considers them to be marital liability, these funds are marital property and Respondent should be required to pay one-half of these funds to Peitioner to use for his attorney fees and costs," wrote Laura Rackner, Kaine's attorney.

Houze, Terri Horman's attorney, declined comment.

Your guide to the story
» Timeline
» All stories
» All photos
» All videos

Kaine Horman, a software engineer at Intel Corp., argues that the divorce and restraining order proceedings involve "complex legal and safety issues" that require his attorneys to expend a significant amount of legal services to him to protect the interests of he and Kiara.

He argues that he doesn't have sufficient income or resources to pay for his attorneys and meet his other financial obligations for the children and himself.

The filing is the latest legal maneuvering by Kaine Horman as the investigation into the June 4 disappearance of his 7-year-old son Kyron stretches into its eighth week. Kyron was last seen at his Skyline School that morning, and his stepmom is the last known person to have seen him after taking him to the school science fair.

Kaine Horman left their home on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road with their young daughter, Kiara, now 20 months old, on June 26 after authorities told him that his wife six to seven months earlier had tried to hire a landscaper to kill him.

Two days later, Kaine Horman filed for divorce, and a restraining order against Terri Horman, restricting her from any parenting time with Kiara.

He successfully pushed to get her out of the house he owned as soon as possible, and has a pending motion to find her in contempt of court, saying she shared a sealed restraining order with a high school friend of his, Michael Cook, who showed up at their house after Kyron disappeared. The contempt of court filing also claimed Terri Horman was "sexting" Cook and having an intimate relationship with him, days after Kaine Horman left the house.

Terri Horman left their house and moved to her parent's house in Roseburg.
A hearing on the contempt of court motion is still set for Sept. 21.

Rackner asks the court to set a hearing date if Terri Horman contests her latest motion to have her pay Kaine Horman to help cover his legal expenses, and disclose the source of any money used to pay her attorney.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Sources: 'Probable cause' to arrest Terri Horman   Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Sources: 'Probable cause' to arrest Terri Horman

"")

by KGW Staff

kgw.com

Posted on July 26, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Updated today at 11:17 AM
Related:

PORTLAND -- Reliable sources told KGW investigators said that there was probable cause to arrest Terri in connection with Kyron's disappearance, and for soliciting someone to kill her husband but the choice has been for the investigation to continue.
So why not bring her in? Law enforcement experts said it's probably too soon. "Probable cause" is the minimum proof needed to make an arrest, explained former Multnomah County Sheriff's Capt. Bruce McCain. He said that's not enough to guarantee a conviction in the Horman case.
McCain said that before investigators make an arrest, they'd want "proof beyond a reasonable doubt." McCain -who is also an attorney- said with only a minimum standard of proof met, it would make sense for prosecutors to wait for the highest level of proof before making an arrest.
"The prosecution in this case is going to make sure that they have the strongest case possible before they drop that hammer," McCain said. "One thing they don't want to do is to go in with a weak case that just meets the probable cause standard. That may not be able to lead to a conviction or a plea."
Investigators have been comparing where Terri said she was with what they have been able to establish about her movements that day. More: How Terri spend June 4.
Meanwhile, the sources said that some of Terri's friends have not only been the subject of searches, they have been interviewed by investigators and, in some cases, took polygraphs.
Terri Horman has not been charged with any crime though law enforcement officials have made it clear she is the focus of the investigation.
"But the key here is on the Kyron disappearance. Disappearing isn't a crime," said McCain. "That's going to be a little trickier because what are they talking about? Are they talking about custodial interference, kidnapping conspiracy, solicitation a potential homicide without a victim? I don't think they're there yet."
McCain said the downside to waiting for an arrest would be if Terri were a flight risk or a risk to the public. He said it's obvious, at this point, detectives didn't think that was the case.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron Horman Missing & Endangered: Grand Jury Meets, Indictment Imminent   Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Kyron Horman Missing and Endangered: Grand Jury Meets, Indictment Imminent

Posted by Blink | Dede Spicher,Desiree Young,Kaine Horman,Kristian Horman,Kyron Horman,Michael Cook,Pumala,Rudy Sanchez,Stephen Houze,Terri Horman,Uncategorized

Monday 26 July 2010 3:16 pm

Portland, OR- In the case of missing 7-year-old Portland child Kyron Horman, developments today continue to unfold at lightening speed.
During a poorly-kept secret convening of a special grand jury that is in session today, sources inside the investigation believe it’s triers of fact will return an indictment against Terri Horman and possibly one other individual.
It is however, unclear as to whether or not the grand jury is hearing evidence in the alleged murder for hire plot MCSO informed Kaine Horman his wife had master-minded, OR evidence surrounding the disappearance of Kaine and Desiree Young’s son Kyron.

KOIN caught Terri Horman’s friend DeDe Spicher, who was subpoenaed to appear in the proceedings this morning, on video with her attorney, entering the courthouse. Spicher was the subject of a public plea asking her to cooperate with investigators by Kaine Horman and Desiree Young last week. A neighbor of Spicher’s has confirmed the FBI has been seen removing boxes and unknown bagged material from her residence.
According to several sources, DeDe Spicher, Terri’s roommate post Kaine’s restraining order, was working in a garden near the Horman home the day of Kyron’s disappearance when she received a call at approximately 11:15 am. She left abruptly, returning at approximately 1:00 pm. DeDe was unreachable on her cell phone during that time and the property owner became concerned. Spicher is a long time friend and workout companion of Horman’s.

Earlier today, Laura Rackner, Kaine Horman’s Family Law attorney filed a motion to find out where the funds are coming from to foot the bill for Terri Horman’s high profile criminal defense attorney, Stephen Houze.
In Horman’s motion, he is seeking the disclosure of the payments made to Houze, and whether or not it came from marital funds. If it has, Kaine Horman wants half the cash to pay his own legal bills. Kaine Horman alleges that Terri Horman disclosed to a third party that she paid a whopping $350,000 retainer to Houze, however, provided no proof of same in the papers filed today.
In what appears to be a media timing coup, tonight’s episode of Dateline NBC will feature Kaine Horman, Desiree and Tony Young, with interviews and coverage of Kyron’s disappearance.
Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer, Mary Lindstrand, has announced a press conference tomorrow at the MCSO Training Facility, beginning at 2:00 pm PST.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: BREAKING: Grand Jury: Terri Horman To Be Arrested   Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Monday, July 26, 2010

BREAKING: Grand Jury: Terri Horman To Be Arrested

breaking news...Terri Horman arrest imminent.

A Grand Jury was convened this morning in Multomah County, Oregon.

Arrest will likely before tomorrow's press conference according to HLN news commentators.

Press conference tomorrow. With any info at the GJ today, along with the probable cause given to Kaine, arrest should be soon, perhaps tonight.

This may indicate that the "probable cause" given to Kaine weeks ago, needed a few missing pieces, which may have been supplied in today's Grand Jury. If they hand down an indictment by 5PM local time, we could have an arrest tonight.

Police are now calling it, officially, a "Criminal Investigation" rather than missing persons. They are setting the stage for the arrest, and appear to have taken their time, crossing their "t's" and dotting their "i's".

Dateline NBC tonite at 10PM will cover Terri Horman.

We will update as news breaks.

Update: DeDe Spicher's attorney: He reported that DeDe was subpoenaed and was not questioned but was ordered to return at a future date. Her attorney reported that she has fully cooperated by letting police search her home and car and denied that DeDe told others not to cooperate.

NOTE: Police executed search warrants, which mean that it was not voluntarily done.

It also appears that DeDe may have lived with Terri when Kaine first moved out.

Also at court was Kaine's attorney asking: Where did Terri Horman get $350,000 to pay an attorney?

Regarding Terri Horman's account of June 4:

Temporal Lacunae

In Statement Analysis, we note all wording that spans time, as sensitive, as it may indicate withholding of information. Such words as:

"The next thing I knew..." and "after that" and "later..." all span time, but with missing information.

It would be considered a "temporal lancunae" within Terri Horman's original statement to police that would tip them off that she has deliberately withheld information from them, which then would later be part of her polygraph.

Had Terri Horman been innocent, her response would have been the same as any innocent person: "I didn't do it" publicly and privately. She would have assisted in the search and not paid $350,000 to an attorney.

PORTLAND -- Reliable sources told KGW that investigators said there was probable cause to arrest Terri in connection with Kyron's disappearance, and for soliciting someone to kill her husband, but the choice has been for the investigation to continue.

So why not bring her in? Law enforcement experts said it's probably too soon. "Probable cause" is the minimum proof needed to make an arrest, explained former Multnomah County Sheriff's Capt. Bruce McCain. He said that's not enough to guarantee a conviction in the Horman case.

McCain said that before investigators make an arrest, they'd want "proof beyond a reasonable doubt." McCain -who is also an attorney- said with only a minimum standard of proof met, it would make sense for prosecutors to wait for the highest level of proof before making an arrest.

"The prosecution in this case is going to make sure that they have the strongest case possible before they drop that hammer," McCain said. "One thing they don't want to do is to go in with a weak case that just meets the probable cause standard. That may not be able to lead to a conviction or a plea."

Investigators have been comparing where Terri said she was with what they have been able to establish about her movements that day. More: How Terri spent June 4

Meanwhile, the sources said that some of Terri's friends have not only been the subject of searches, they have been interviewed by investigators and, in some cases, took polygraph tests.

Terri has not been charged with any crimes, though law enforcement officials have made it clear she is the focus of the investigation.

"But the key here is on the Kyron disappearance. Disappearing isn't a crime," said McCain. "That's going to be a little trickier because what are they talking about? Are they talking about custodial interference, kidnapping conspiracy, solicitation a potential homicide without a victim? I don't think they're there yet."

McCain said the downside to waiting for an arrest would be if Terri were a flight risk or a risk to the public. He said it's obvious, at this point, detectives didn't think that was the case.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 1:02 PM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: What Did Terri Horman Do?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14 am

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What Did Terri Horman Do?

UPDATE: Press Conference today. Will Terri Horman be arrested prior to the press conference? Spicher's attorney expects arrest. He would know, from his client, precisely why.

Question: Why is the focus upon Terri Horman?
Answer:

1. Terri Horman is the last person known to see Kyron Horman alive.

this is normal. When a child goes missing, the investigation begins in the household and spreads a circle wider and wider.

2. Terri Horman failed two polygraphs

In the beginning, statements are taken by police and analyzed; then a pre interview is given before the polygraph. Analysts likely saw the "temperal lacunae" in Terri Horman's statement; the missing time slot, which they later called a "gap". This means that the time skipped over is sensitive. It also correlated with the time of Kyron's disappearance. "and the next thing I know" or "later on" or "after that"; or any similar phrase showing that time has been skipped over. If the skipped time is RIGHT after he was supposedly dropped off at school, the sensitivity is related to Kyron's disappearance. Desiree and Kaine did not fail polygraphs, nor have inconsistencies, or "temporal lacunae" of which the police would grab on to. They could account for their whereabouts and do so consistently.

When someone lies, it not only taxes the body (pulse, blood pressure, respitory, sweat, temp.), but it also taxes the memory. This is why Kaine said that Terri was asked the same questions over and over and over.

Memory is like a parade passing before the eyes. An honest person can recite, backwards and forwards, with ease.

With lies, we often find present tense language slip in (an indication that the person may be making this up as she goes along) and an inconsistency as she fails to recall what she said earlier. This is why the police called it "inconsistencies" in her time line.

3. Terri Horman has been reported to have attempted to kill before (murder for hire plot). This means that if there is a problem, "kill it" to make it go away.

4. Terri Horman's post-event behavior.

In Statement Analysis, the analyst is asked, "How would you answer this question?" or "how would you behave if you were accused?"

Objection: People grieve differently. There is "no book" on grieving. (Cindy Anthony)

answer: Yes, there is "a book" on post crime behavior, with mountains of psychological studies on how people behave.

What has Terri Horman done since June 4? What would you have done in her place?

The innocent are not newsworthy. Truth can be considered "boring". Innocent parents will do as Mark Klass, John Walsh, Desiree Young, Kaine Horman, and others have done: They are "open books" to be "read of all". They go before the press, and easily say, "I didn't do it", pass polygraphs, and do everything in their power to help locate the missing child because their protective instincts are in full gear.

Terri Horman is involved in the disappearance of 7 year old Kyron Horman.

DeDe Spicher, now that she has an attorney, is no longer speaking to Terri Horman. DeDe may have been the last link needed by police to announce an arrest, which may come today.

This is going to end, and I fear it will not end well. Terri may have confided enough sensitive information to DeDe that police now have enough to arrest her.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Question: What do you think happened to Kyron Horman?

Answer: I think he met foul play at the hands of Terri Horman, who likely acted alone, and had decided to "kill off" the "problem" she had with Kyron's rambunctious behavior and punish Kaine; all at the same time.

I don't think she solicited help for this.

I think this was personal, which, like the Caylee Anthony case, meant acute and upfront violence.

We have linguistic indicators in the statements of the parents that lead me to believe that Terri Horman incessantly complained about Kyron, who, perhaps as he got older, reminded her more and more of Kaine, whom she hated.

I think that she is a narcissist, concerned only for herself and not for the wellbeing of others, dedicated herself for years to making herself look pleasing to herself, altered her personality through testosterone injections, and the post partum depression kicked into an already explosive personality that triggered on June 3rd, as she prepared for the science fair, and culminated in violence on June 4.

I think police believe Kyon may have been thrown into water, making recovery a challenge.

I hope I am wrong.

Spicher atty. would be 'surprised' if Terri not arrested

PORTLAND, Ore. -- DeDe Spicher, identified as a close friend of Terri Moulton-Horman, appeared before a grand jury Monday in Multnomah County as part of the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of her step-son Kyron Horman.

Spicher's attorney told NBC Dateline that he would be "surprised" if Terri was not arrested in the case.

Grand jury proceedings are not open to the public or the media, so it was unknown exactly what Spicher said. However, her attorney did confirm that Spicher was subpoenaed to testify. She did not give any testimony under oath Monday.

Reliable sources told KGW that Spicher was doing gardening work not far from the Horman family home in Northwest Portland on the day Terri's step-son, 7-year-old Kyron Horman, disappeared from Skyline Elementary. Spicher reportedly left where she was working at 11:15 a.m. on June 4 and returned around 1 p.m.

Spicher's attorney Chad Stavley told NBC Dateline Monday that Spicher had been, and planned to keep, cooperating with investigators.

"I would be, frankly, surprised if Terri Horman did not eventually face charges in this case," Stavley said. "I'd be surprised if the indictment didn't come down."

The person who owns the house where Spicher lives, who was cooperating with investigators, told police that she called Spicher on her cell phone but she didn't answer, the source told KGW. A person who was working with Spicher, who was also cooperating with investigators, told them of trying to unsuccessfully find Spicher. Both people have told investigators they have no idea where Spicher was during that period of time.

Sources told KGW that police searched Spicher's home last week. Spicher has known Terri and Kaine for about seven years. Last week, Kyron's parents, Kaine Horman and Desiree Young issued a public plea for Spicher to cooperate with police, threatening a possible civil suit

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 2:09 AM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Deputies To Brief Media In Kyron Horman Case   Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:22 pm

Deputies To Brief Media In Kyron Horman Case

POSTED: 8:10 am PDT July 27, 2010
UPDATED: 8:36 am PDT July 27, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Investigators working on the case of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman will take questions from the media Tuesday at the first news conference in weeks.

The news conference is scheduled for 2 p.m. at a sheriff's office training facility. Chief Deputy Tim Moore and Capt. Monte Reiser will be taking questions from the media and updating the public on the investigation into Kyron's disappearance.

Kyron has not been seen since a school science fair June 4 at Skyline School. His birth parents have suggested that Kyron's stepmother, Terri Horman, is involved in his disappearance and deputies have said she was the last person to have seen Kyron.

On Monday, Terri Horman's friend, DeDe Spicher, testified before a grand jury. She made no comment while walking out of the courthouse, but Spicher's attorney said she was subpoenaed to give information. Kyron's birth parents have accused Spicher of refusing to cooperate with investigators.

Police searched Spicher's condo in Tualatin earlier this month, according to neighbors. Spicher's family said hearing her name in connection with the investigation came as a shock.

"DeDe is a good person, you know," said one family member who did not want to be identified. "Up until this, she has never really had a negative mark against her in any way."

Kyron's parents said DeDe Spicher has been in close communication with Terri Horman since the boy disappeared and they said she may have suggested that others not cooperate with investigators.

"This doesn't fit with her character. It doesn't fit in her personality. Nothing," the family member said. "She has been painted very badly in the press and people just need to back up. Quit making the death threats."

Also on Monday, Kaine Horman, who is Kyron's biological father, demanded to know where Terri Horman gained access to the money to pay for her attorney. Documents suggest she paid $350,000 to Stephen Houze, who in the past has represented Portland Trail Blazers like Damon Stoudamire and Zach Randolph.

If the money came from assets they shared as a married couple, Kaine Horman said he wants half of that money. He told FOX 12 he simply does not know where the $350,000 came from.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Terri Horman: Early Suspicions   Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Terri Horman: Early Suspicions

Quotes are in italics; analysis is in bold type.

Dateline NBC puts story of missing Kyron in national eye
Kyron Horman's blended family at a press conference before the search for the missing 7-year-old turned into a criminal investigation which increasingly focused on Terri Moulton Horman (

"Dateline NBC" cast a national spotlight Monday on the more than 50-day search for missing second-grader Kyron Horman.

The particulars of the story are already familiar to many in Oregon and beyond who have followed the case's every twist and turn: the science fair, the school bus, the search, the alleged murder-for-hire plot and recent legal wrangling.

The centerpiece of the hour-long program, titled "Little Boy Lost," was an emotional tour of the Medford home of Kyron's mother and stepfather, Desiree and Tony Young.

Desiree Young showed an NBC reporter Kyron's bed, with Batman sheets and pillowcase still rumpled from the last time the 7-year-old visited them.

Kyron's birth parents, Desiree Young and Kaine Horman, reiterated their belief that his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, knows more than she's told investigators.

Medford Police Detective Tony Young, Kyron's stepfather, offered his take on the what happened June 4, the day Kyron was last reported seen.

“I absolutely believe that Terri Horman is involved in Kyron's disappearance,” he said.

Young adds "absolutely" which indicates sensitivity. Judging from the first statements we have from the family, Tony Young may have been at odds with Kaine and Terri initially, which is why the emphasis is added.

Young said he suspected Moulton Horman early on, when he was explaining to the family how their privacy would disappear as detective proceeded with their investigation.

She instantly started to express some displeasure at that, feeling like she was being persecuted,” he said. “I thought that was an unusual reaction so early.”

He is correct. Parents of missing children (including step parents, grandparents, and caretakers generally respond with immediate panic and a willingness to do anything and everything they can to clear themselves SO that the investigation can go forward. Even the slightest hesitation from anyone is a red flag to investigators. When a child goes missing, people no longer care about themselves or their privacy, they care only about the missing child.

For Young, “strike two” came when investigators told him cell phone records belied Moulton Horman's timeline of where she was the day Kyron disappeared.

This was information that police gave to the family which was likely done to put pressure upon Terri. Only a guilty person would have reason to lie, in the situation of a missing child, about their whereabouts during the critical short period of time immediately following when she alleged to have dropped him off at school.

Monday's show did not include a "strike three" from Young, who has been kept him at arm’s length from the investigation by Multnomah County sheriff's detectives. Moulton Horman has not been named as a suspect, and no charges have been filed.

Revisit our early analysis where we saw "distance" between the family and law enforcement. I speculated that it came from two sources: 1. Kaine defending Terri 2. Tony Young not receiving "professional courtesy" from the investigators.

Noticeably missing from the program was a voice representing Moulton Horman, who has kept quiet as the criminal investigation into Kyron's disappearance has zeroed in on her.

Innocent people cannot be silenced. They climb to the roof and shout, "I didn't do it!" with a boldness that comes only from innocence.

Moulton Horman’s defense attorney, Stephen Houze, declined to comment for the program, citing the “ethics of the court.”

An unusual response, indeed. I wonder if Mr. Houze will follow the same ethical code from here on out. .

Court documents filed on behalf of Kaine Horman earlier Monday claim that Moulton Horman paid $350,000 to retain Houze. The motion, filed by Kaine Horman's attorney, Laura Rackner, ask a judge to order Moulton Horman to disclose the source of those funds.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 6:16 AM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Reward In Kyron Horman Case Now $50,000   Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Reward In Kyron Horman Case Now $50,000

Missing Boy's Mother: 'Never Give Up Hope'

POSTED: 2:16 pm PDT July 27, 2010
UPDATED: 3:47 pm PDT July 27, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The reward in the case of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman was increased Tuesday to $50,000 thanks to an anonymous donor, deputies said.

Kyron has not been seen since a school science fair June 4 at Skyline School. His disappearance sparked the largest search in state history and a $25,000 reward for information. That reward is set to increase at 3 p.m. Tuesday.

The missing boy's birth parents, Desiree Young and Kaine Horman, attended a news conference with Chief Deputy Tim Moore and Capt. Monte Reiser with the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, the lead investigative agency in the case. Young's husband, Tony Young, was also in attendance.

Deputies didn't reveal details about the investigation, but said about 11,000 hours have been committed to the investigation and 3,500 leads have been developed from thousands of tips.

"We continue to ask the community to look for Kyron and continue to provide tips," Moore said. "I understand that the public continues to be concerned for Kyron and curious about details of this case. It's a natural tendency for us all to care about the welfare of a small child."

Deputies haven't named any suspects in the boy's disappearance, but said a crime was committed.

"We believe that Kyron’s disappearance involves criminal behavior because his parents have been deprived if their son for 53 days," Reiser said.

Young, who was visibly emotional, said she remains confident in law enforcement.

"We are still very hopeful that with additional tips each day and their diligent actions that is what will lead us to Kyron," Young said.

She also spoke directly to her second-grade son, who she hasn't seen in more than 53 days.

"We love you Kyron. Never give up hope, we are all coming to get you and bring you home," she said.

Kaine Horman and Tony Young did not speak to reporters.

Kyron's parents have suggested that Kyron's stepmother, Terri Horman, is involved in his disappearance and deputies have said she was the last person to have seen him.

Kaine Horman filed a restraining order against his estranged wife June 28 on claims that police gave him "probable cause to believe" she tried to hire someone to kill him and was involved in Kyron's disappearance. The order also gave him custody of the couple's toddler.

He filed for divorce the same day, according to court documents.

Soon after, allegations surfaced that Terri Horman shared the then-sealed restraining order with Michael Cook, one of Kaine Horman's high school friends. She was also accused of having an affair with Cook, according to court records.

A judge ordered Terri Horman to appear in court in September to address contempt of court allegations.

An amendment to the restraining order forced Terri Horman to move from the family's northwest Portland home earlier this month to allow her husband and daughter to return. She has since moved to Roseburg.

On Monday, one of Terri Horman's friends was called to testify before a Portland grand jury. DeDe Spicher was identified by Kaine Horman and Young as "providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son."

Spicher was seen walking from the courthouse, but did not comment on her appearance or the investigation.
Copyright 2010 by KPTV.com
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron Horman, little lost boy   Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:40 am

Kyron Horman, little lost boy

July 27, 2010

tags: Kyron Horman, Kaine Horman, Terri Horman, Desiree Young, Tony Young, DeDe Spicher

by itsamysterytome

Although I haven’t posted on the disappearance of Kyron Horman, I have closely followed his story and have been watching the drama surrounding it. This little boy’s case has and does weigh so heavily on my heart, and I know it has taken a toll on many of you as well. His story holds special significance for me because Kaine Horman and Desiree Young’s son disappeared the day my son was getting married. June 4th, 2010 will forever be remembered as a day of horror for his family, and a day of joy for mine. On June 4th we gained a daughter-in-law and a 7 year old grandson, while their 7 year old son went missing.. The contrast between our family’s perfect day and their family’s perfect nightmare has bothered me so much that I have not been able to post on Kyron until today.
For those that have not been following Kyron Horman’s case, I’m making this post a timeline of what is known up to this point. For those of you already following the case, hopefully the timeline will act as a reference. If I’ve left anything out please let me know and I’ll add it. This post will be placed under the heading “Kyron Horman” at the top of this page where I’ll update it regularly. To make it easy to see future updates, I’ve chosen to put the timeline in reverse chronological order. Go to the bottom of the post to start reading from the day Kyron went missing, or just start at the top to see the latest news.
It is important to note that to date, Terri Horman has not been named a suspect or person of interest in Kyron’s disappearance and there have been no arrests made in the case.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Kaine Horman, father

Terri Molton Horman, step-mother

________________________________________________________________________________________

Desiree Horman Young, mother

Tony Young, step-father

TIMELINE

——————————————————————————————————————————————
July 27, 2010

1. Desiree Young and Kaine Horman were interviewed by the Oregonian. Desiree stated that the update emails that Terri sent her the day Kyron disappeared were unusually brief. Normally her emails were rambling but this day they were to the point and short. She said those emails contributed to their suspicions about Terri.
LINK TO 25 MIN INTERVIEW WITH THE OREGONIAN
2. The Sheriff’s department held a news conference. They revealed that they have increased the reward for information on Kyron’s whereabouts from $25,000 to $50,000. They said they are making good progress in the case…
LINK TO PRESS CONFERENCE INFO
July 26 2010

1. DeDe Spicher appeared before an investigative grand jury in Portland according to her attorney, Chad Stavley. Stavley said he was retained on Friday. (July 23rd) He said Spicher was not asked any questions but was ordered to return at an unnamed future date.
2. Dateline featured Kyron in “Little Boy Lost”. Tony Young said that Terri’s cell phone records didn’t match up with what she said she did on June 4. He also said there were 2 hours during that day when she could not account for her whereabouts.
LINK TO DATELINE
3. It is revealed that Terri Horman retained her attorney for a fee of $350,000. Kaine Horman filed papers demanding to know where the money to pay the attorney came from.
LINK
July 23, 2010
DeDe Spicher is named by the family as a close friend of Teri Horman’s who is actively not cooperating with investigators. She stayed with Teri Horman when Kaine left their home shortly after Kyron disappeared. According to a statement released by the family, “She has not only been in close communication with Terri but has been providing Terri with suport and advice that is not in the best interests of our son. Additional information provided shows that she is refusing to cooperate with LE, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron’s disappearance, not to cooperate as well.” Her attorney denies this saying she has been very cooperative. Police searched her home and car and she spent 3 hours with investigators last week. He also said she was not in contact with Terri Horman.
DeDe Spicher, 43, left a gardening job abruptly around 11:30 AM the day Kyron disappeared according to the homeowner she was working for. She was unable to be reached by cell phone for approximately 90 minutes.
The family said in their statement,” We implore DeDe Spicher to come forward and cooperat with the investigators. If we find out through the investigation that she caused a delay in us finding our son due to her lack of cooperation, we will pursue civil remedies in this matter.”

DeDe Spicher LINK
July 22, 2010

ABC’s Portland affiliate, KATU reported that Terri Horman told Kyron’s teachers and classmates that he would be out of the classroom that Friday at a doctor’s appt. giving the school no reason to expect him to be there after the science fair that morning. Kyron’s lunch buddy told his mother he knew Kyron would not be in class that day. Everyone at school was under the assumption that Kyron had a doctor’s appt. This is why the family was not notified immediately that he was not in class. Terri Horman later told detectives that she was referring to the next Friday, June 11.
July 21, 2010

It’s revealed that a former military “remote viewer”, Edward Dames, worked with his team for 3 weeks to try and find where Kyron might be. His help was “unsolicited” by investigators. Mr. Dames said the boy is located on private property approximately 10 miles south of the school. He stated, “He’s not where police are searching. He’s not in the water and not that far away.

REMOTE VIEWER LINK
July 16, 2010

Terri vacated the house she shared with Kaine, Kyron, and Kiera. She went to Roseburg, Oregon to stay in her parent’s house.
July 14, 2010

Desiree and Tony Young appeared on the Today show and say they believe Terri Horman is responsible for Kyron’s disappearance. Desiree and her Medford police detective husband, Tony Young, said that Kyron had become increasingly unhappy living with his step-mother and would cry when it was time for him to go back.
July 12, 2010

Kaine Horman filed court documents asking that Teri Horman be held in contempt because she violated a restraining order. He said she shared sealed legal info,and tried to kidnap their daughter from a gym after the restraining order was in place.
It was revealed in the documents that Terri Horman was carrying on an affair with 37 year old Michael Cook, a former classmate of Kaine Horman. The affair supposedly began 4 days after Kaine Horman moved out of the family home. The court papers state they’ve “obtained hundreds of text messages, as well as several photos of Terri in various stages of undress and graphic sexual activity.” The court docs accused Terri Horman of sharing sensitive information with her new boyfriend about the investigation into Kyron’s disappearance.
Cook has denied he had sex with Terri Horman, but conceded that he had “inappropriate communication” with her.
July 8, 2010

Kaine asked judge to force Terri to move out of their home.
Judge released the petition in support of Kaine’s restraining order against his wife.
July 4, 2010

A landscaper who worked on the Horman’s yard told police that Kyron’s step-mother Terri offered to pay him a large sum of money to kill Kaine. He said she did this 6 or 7 months before the little boy vanished.
LINK
June 29, 2010

Multnomah County judge sealed the restraining order against Terri Moulton Horman.
June 28, 2010

1. People magaizine article. The article says that Terri had been interviewed repeatedly by LE (up to 6 hours at a time) and that her truck had been inspected twice.
2. Kaine left the family home taking his and Terri’s 19 month old daughter with them. Teri publicly denied Kaine had left saying, “Everything’s good. We heard that rumor. It’s just a rumor that needs to be squelched. Everything’s fine.”
3. Kaine, along with Desiree and Tony Young, released a statement saying that they were cooperating with the investigation. Teri Horman’s name was a glaring ommission.
4. Terri was served witha restraining order and a petition for dissolution of marriage at their house.
RESTRAINING ORDER REQUEST LINK
DESOLUTION OF MARRIAGE LINK
June 26, 2010
1. Two 911 calls were made from the Horman residence. The 1st call came in at 5:17 pm as a “threat” call, and a deputy sheriff responded. 2nd call came in at 11:30 PM. It was classified as a custody issue.
June 25 2010

Desiree Young and Kaine Horman made appearances on 4 network morning shows hoping to keep their son’s case visible and public interest peaked. It was revealed that Kaine was working from home the afternoon Kyron vanished and met his bus.
June 24 2010

Family released 3 home movies and 200 new photos of Kyron.
June 21, 2010

Desiree Young wrote a public letter to her son.
LINK TO LETTER

June 18 2010

Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office released a flier asking parents and kids about June 4, the day Kyron disappeared. The flier included photos of Kyron, Terri Moulton Horman, and a picture of a pickup similar to the one she was driving that day.
June 15, 2010

1. MCSO released a photo of glasses identical to the ones Kyron was wearing when last seen.
2. Final day of classes at Skyline Elimentary.
3.Sheriff’s Dive Team spotted searching a pond on a property near the Horman home. Sheriff’s spokesman said it was not because of tips, but was a routine practice when a childe goes missing.
June 14 2010

Divers searched the waters of Sauvie Island off the banks of the Multnomah Channel north of the Sauvie Island Bridge.
June 13 2010

Sheriff’s office announced that the massive search for Kyron had ended. The case officially shifted from a missing person’s case to a criminal investigation. The search for Kyron was over 10 days long and one of the largest in state history. More than 1300 people from Oregon Washington and Northern California took part in looking for him. They searched a 2 mile radius around Skyline Elementary School and parts of Sauvie Island, about 6 miles from the school.
June 12, 2010

Search continued.
June 11 2010

1. Search continued and expanded to Sauvie Island.
2. Kyron’s family made their first appearance at a news conference. Tony Young, Kyron’s stepfather spoke saying, “We miss you, we love you and we need you home now.” He also thanked everyone for their support. Kaine Horman also spoke about his gratitude to the searchers and the local community.
June 10, 2010

Search continued.
June 9th 2010

1. Search continued.
2. Terri Moulton Horman made her Facebook wall private.
3. FBI spokeswoman stated the Horman family, “Is not speaking to the media because they do not believe it’s in the best interest of finding Kyron.”
4. Sheriff’s Capt Mike Shults read a statement from Kyron Horman’s immediate family. “Kyron’s family would like to thank people for support and interest in finding their son. The outpouring of support and continued effort strenghtens their hope. We need for folks to continue to assist us in our goal. Please search your properties—cars, out buildings, sheds, etc. Also check with neighbors and friends who may be on vacation or may need in assistance in searching.”
5. Portland Mountain Rescue joined the search.
June 8, 2010

Search continued.
June 7 2010

Search continued.
June 6, 2010

1. Terri Horman posted on Facebook saying she had ordered missing person fliers. “I ordered 1000 fliers, they will be coming to our house. I will let people known when they are here and we can go from there. Thank you everyone.”
2. FBI announced they brought in a Quantico, Va. based profiler to create a profile of Kyron.
3. The Multnomah County sheriff escalated Kyron’s disappearance to a missing endangered child case, but does not call it a kidnapping.
June 5, 2010

1. Associated Press got its first notification that Kyron Horman was missing.
2. A tip line was created: 503-261-2847.
3. Sheriff’s spokesman said the search for Kyron was still a missing person case and not a criminal investigation.
3. FBI and National Guard joined the search.
June 4th 2010

8:00 AM
Terri Moulton Horman and her step-son arrived at the Skyline Elementary School at 11536 NW Skyline Blvd. The school was open early so the students and parents could take a tour of the science fair. The billboard outside read: “June 4, I.B. Inquiry Expo, 8-10, Talent show, 1-2:45.” Kyron was taking part in the expo/ science fair and also the talent show.
8:15 AM
Gina Zimmerman, president of the school PTA, arrived and saw Kyron and Terri in front of his exhibit.
8:45 AM
Terri Horman watched Kyron walk toward his classroom after touring the science fair. According to her she then left.
9:00 AM
Kyron was seen by a student near the south entrance of the school. Sheriff Dan Staton said that was the last time the boy was seen. (Multnomah County authorities later changed that statement, as two teachers, one of which was his, also saw him looking at science fair projects)
10:00 AM
Classes began.
1:21 PM
Terri Horman posted photos of Kyron at the science fair on her Facebook page.
3:30 PM
Terri Horman went to meet the school bus and discovered that Kyron had been absent all day. (Kaine Horman went with her to meet the bus but this was not known until a Dateline interview on June 26th.)
3:46 pm
Skyline school secretary Susan Hall placed a call to 911 that Kyron was missing.
4:33 PM
Officers from the Portland Police Bureau and the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office arrived at Skyline Elementary and the Horman home.
5:30 PM
Rapid broadcast message from Portland Public Schools alerted families of a missing student. “Kyron Horman did not arrive at home today.”
7:00 PM
MCS Detective Sgt Lee Gosson alerted Sgt Travis Gullberg, the county’s on call coordinator for search and rescue efforts to begin a formal missing persons search for Kyron.
7:00-7:15 PM
MC Public Information Officer met with members of the media at the school.
Sheriff Dan Staton called the FBI to alert them about the missing child.
8:09 PM
1st search teams arrived at Skyline School.
10:40 PM
Officers reported they completed a search of Skyline school that including all crawl spaces, storage areas, classrooms, and outbuildings. They also completed a search of the Horman house.
10:44 PM
“Concerned Citizen” 911 call. Wanted to make sure officers checked the train tunnel in the area near the school. She said “sometimes kids play in there, and wanted to make sure someone has checked that.”
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron Horman Stepmom Arrest "Inevitable"   Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:28 am

July 28, 2010
Kyron Horman Stepmom Arrest "Inevitable"

Former Police Captain: DA Likely Building a Strong Case Against Terri Horman Prior to Arrest

Kyron Horman (CBS)

• Stories
  • Arrest Imminent in Kyron Horman Search?
  • Kyron's Dad: I Think Stepmom Had Accomplice

(CBS) Kyron Horman has been missing for seven weeks. The 7-year-old went missing on June 4, and since then, law enforcement have increased the reward money for information to track down the young boy, and they're still asking for the public's help.

CBS News correspondent Priya David Clemens reported from Skyline Elementary, Kyron's school in Portland, Ore., on Wednesday. She said a wall of mementos has been placed by classmates and friends and continues to grow, even as the search to find him seems to be stalled.

Arrest Imminent in Kyron Horman Search?

Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, pleaded again recently for her son's whereabouts, telling reporters, "We want to expedite the search, bring him home and bring justice."

Young said the family is "still very hopeful."

Though Multnomah County authorities spoke for the first time in three weeks on Tuesday, they gave few new details.

One official said, "This is criminal behavior because these parents have been deprived of their son for 53 days."

Officials announced the reward money has been doubled to $50,000, and they've received more than 3,500 tips.

However, Clemens reported, the lack new information may not mean the case is stalled.

C.W. Jensen, a former homicide detective, told CBS News, "They want all the marbles, and when they have probable cause for 'the homicide,' then they're gonna move forward."

Clemens pointed out police have issued at least three search warrants to friends of Kyron's stepmother, Terri Horman. One of them, DeDe Spicher, was also brought before a Portland grand jury. But officers have not publicly confirmed they are investigating Terri Horman.

Jensen explained, "She is the suspect, was the suspect, and will be the suspect until she's arrested and is the defendant."

Clemens asked Jensen, "Is there a possibility that Terri Horman was not involved?"

Jensen replied,"I cannot imagine a scenario where she was not involved."

Kyron's birth parents continue to doubt Terri, and they now are holding on to whatever optimism they have left.

Kyron's mother said in a recent statement, "We love you Kyron. Never give up hope. We are coming to get you to bring you home."

Clemens added the family could be waiting for months. She said experts have said while everyone wants answers, this case is a marathon, not a sprint.

Bruce McCain, former captain of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, appeared on "The Early Show" from Portland, Ore., on Wednesday. He's been following this case very closely, and is also an attorney.

McCain said the distressed emotional state of Kyron's mother was of particular interest at the press conference, considering her composed interviews previously.

"When Desiree (Young) approached the podium, she was visibly upset in a way we haven't seen before. As I carefully listened to the prepared statements from the two sheriffs people as well as Desiree's prepared script, what struck me was the fact that whenever Kyron's name was mentioned yesterday, about bringing him home or finding him, never once was it ever mentioned in the context of being alive. I think that's somewhat significant given their past statements and given the sheriff's statement last week in writing where they could not answer affirmatively they have any information to believe kyron is alive. We may have turned the corner with how the family feels here."

But is the time that passed or some kind of information that's perhaps changing this family's feeling?

McCain said, "The sheriff's office said they don't have any information to lead them to believe he is alive. They had a chance to fix that or clarify that yesterday and they chose not to. But seven weeks, no answers, no information. Desiree just seemed to have reacted yesterday much harsher than some of her well-composed interviews."

McCain said the press conference held on Tuesday was about giving "noninformation."

"It accomplished absolutely nothing," he said. "They could have done this on YouTube and saved the taxpayers' money. I cannot tell you how overly frustrated the media are here with this nonevent, especially since they billed it as an opportunity to give an update and address the written questions and answers. They did none of that yesterday."

As for Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, McCain called her arrest "inevitable."

"The reason is, is that this is now in the hands of the Multnomah grand jury," he said. "That's a slow, methodical process where they go over affidavits, hear testimony, so everyone is clamoring for an imminent arrest but an arrest starts a prosecution. In this case, the district attorney who is overseeing this case not going to push forward until he's confident he has a package he can take to trial and secure a conviction or guilty plea. He's not going to stand on a mere probable cause. He wants more."
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Terri's attorney files paperwork to push back divorce proceedings   Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:13 pm

Terri's attorney files paperwork to push back divorce proceedings

Reported by: Mike Donahue
Email: mdonahue@koin.com
Last Update: 6:06 pm

Divorce abatement (364.6KB)

Terri Horman leaves the Pacwest Building after 7 hours at her attorney's office. (Kyle Mallory, KOIN)

Terri Horman's attorney, Peter Bunch, filed paperwork with Multnomah County Wednesday, seeking to abate the divorce proceedings between Kaine and Terri.

Bunch writes: "As the court is aware the respondent (Terri) is under intense scrutiny as part of an ongoing investigation....As a result of the intense scrutiny and speculation it is virtually impossible for me to proceed with divorce related issues."
As one example, Bunch says petitioner (Kaine) grossly misstated the amount of money (Terri) paid to Stephen Houze.
Kaine's attorney, Laura Rackner, filed paperwork earlier this week saying that Terri Horman paid $350,000 to Houze.
Bunch also says respondent (Terri) is unemployed and under her present circumstances not employable.

Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: The Search For Kyron...Are They Really Any Closer To Finding Him?   Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:43 am

The Search For Kyron…..Are They Really Any Closer To Finding Him?

After viewing all of the latest news, the press conference and interviews, and doing a little research, I’m not so sure that law enforcement is any closer to finding Kyron Horman and what happened to him and who is responsible than they were in the first few weeks of the investigation. I hate to say that, but honestly that is what I’m getting from all of it.
The press conference didn’t really tell the public anything more than they already knew, except that the reward for finding Kyron has been upped from $25,000 to $50,000, and that the additional funding for that reward was put up by an anonymous donor. The only other message I got from it loud and clear was that by having the family there, so that Desiree could give another plea and they could all stand in unity, was for the purpose of knocking down the notion that they were not working together. It looked for quite a span there as though they were not, so to me it was a show of we are united in finding Kyron. Other than that, there was really nothing new there.
Before I go on to address the various interviews and reports I would like to address something I have been researching a bit on and that is the Grand Jury. It was reported that DeDe Spicher was subpoenaed to appear before the Grand Jury, and she appeared before them on Monday. She was seen leaving the court house. It was stated from what the media could find out that this was an “Investigative Grand Jury”, and that DeDe would be called back at some point in the future. Now bear in mind that I do not believe it was any accident that this Grand Jury met on Monday and that press conference was scheduled on Tuesday. I believe the reason the press conference was a bust was because they didn’t get an indictment handed down on Monday, and I think they were hoping for that. The fact that DeDe will be called back in the future says they will try again. Grand juries do not investigate cases, they go over all evidence presented to them and witness testimonies to decide if there is enough evidence to hand down an indictment and usually on a major crime, felony or federal. I believe this is why the school was searched again over the weekend, as to see if they could find something, anything as it could relate to Kyron’s disappearance, as they knew they didn’t have enough to get an indictment for sure. More on grand juries:
Criminal Justice Process
Frequently Asked Questions About Grand Juries
Note: We have no idea what was put before the Grand Jury. We do not know if it was concerning Kyron’s disappearance, the murder for hire allegation or both. At any rate, apparently the evidence was not enough to file charges, or hand down an indictment. Again, unless they have a break in the case that takes them in another direction, they will try again.
Now for the latest in the interviews and reports. First off these reports that charges are imminent or they may be close to an arrest, or an arrest is imminent, that’s not true, not yet. Oregon does have a county level grand jury that sits from July through June, from what I’ve read in my research, so if and when they decide to try again, they won’t have to wait for another one to meet as they would in other states. They do not have enough to make an arrest at this time, or they would have gotten the indictment and someone would be in jail. That doesn’t mean that they couldn’t have a break in the case and have someone in custody in a week or two, just that they still do not have enough evidence at this time, right now. I’m not slamming any news sites or anyone on that, as this case has not offered much public information, so many times with all of the different news items it has seemed like an arrest was about to happen.
The change in tone is very obvious. The family has gone from being accusing and having horrendous recollections of deceit, to being suspect of Terri again. They really do not want to believe she has harmed Kyron, but that she has him “stashed somewhere”. They didn’t accuse DeDe like they had just done recently. It was more of they believe Terri knows something or is involved and the real strong sentiment is they just want Kyron home. Understandably I might add. They did however denounce some of the lies they say came from the Terri camp, or from her personally. Lies, such as she and Kaine allegedly coming together as the result of an affair when Kaine was married to Desiree were addressed and the record set straight. Her emails were short and rather bizarre, rather than long and chatty. Desiree has said in recent times that she and Terri were never friends, yet she did say that Terri emailed her regularly, or at least implied it when comparing the emails of that day to the normal ones she’d get from Terri. Kaine didn’t find anything peculiar about Terri’s behavior that day before finding out Kyron was missing. They all basically said that it was her protest of things, as if she felt persecuted, and also the fact they they were all also interviewed and polygraphed and scrutinized over about a 4 days span. They felt it odd that Terri was called back on the polygraph issue and that she was still being looked at. More on the latest:

**Niecey456
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Report: Missing boy's dad wishes alleged plot had worked   Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:29 am

Report: Missing boy's dad wishes alleged plot had worked

By KATU Staff

Kaine Horman, the father of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, said he wishes his estranged wife's alleged murder-for-hire plot to kill him had been successful, he told the Willamette Week newspaper.

Story Published: Jul 29, 2010 at 9:03 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 29, 2010 at 9:17 PM PDT

This family photo shows Kaine Horman, left, with his son Kyron Horman, who mysteriously disappeared earlier this month.

PORTLAND, Ore. - Kaine Horman, the father of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, said he wishes his estranged wife's alleged murder-for-hire plot to kill him had been successful, he told the Willamette Week newspaper.

Although Terri Moulton Horman has not been named a suspect by police in the disappearance of the boy, both Kaine Horman and his ex-wife, Desiree Young, have said they suspect her of having something to do with their son's disappearance. Both were interviewed by Willamette Week.

Kaine Horman commented on the alleged plot when the paper asked him how he felt knowing he was the one who had rought Terri Horman into the family.

"I feel responsible. I feel guilty," he said. "It's my job to protect him. It's my job to be there for him. I was there for him and someone got past and got him on my watch. I'm very upset about it. I'm very emotional about it. It's not right. It shouldn't have happened. We all trusted her. I feel partly responsible.

"In a weird way, I almost wish that her plot that she originally put in place would have gone through, because he would still be here."

The mentioned plot was laid out in divorce documents in which Kaine Horman claims detectives told him his wife tried to hire a landscaper to kill him. The alleged plot was the basis of the restraining order that he obtained against his wife.

He also told the paper that he lives every day with the guilt over having failed to protect his son.

"I'm not saying I feel directly responsible for it, but I feel really guilty about it," he said. "And I wish there was anything I could do to change places with him in any way, shape or form."

Kaine Horman said he's trying to turn that guilt into fuel to help find his son.

"I would do anything. I would give anything, and I always would. Up to this point, I have always been there in that capacity.

"Anything bad that happens to him, I wish I could shoulder it for him, (that) I could take it away from him. I wish it would come to me instead of him. It just didn't go that way this time, and I really wish it would have."

Desiree Young echoed the sentiments of the missing boy's father, stating she, too, feels guilty as a parent.

"I think that all of us in this case that's close to Kyron, all of us feel guilty to a certain degree," she said. "I feel guilty I wasn't here to protect him. And that's our job is to protect our son, and I feel like I failed in that."
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kaine's Feelings Now About Decision to Marry Terri - Seeking Counseling   Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:30 am

Kaine's Feelings Now About Decision to Marry Terri (Updated With Audio)

It's one of the most sensitive and most personal of all the unanswered questions swirling around the case of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman.

If the suspicions of Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, are true — he believes Kyron's stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman, is behind the boy's disappearance — then how does Kaine Horman feel about the fact that he brought her into the family?

And what does Kyron's birth mother, Desiree Young, feel now about her ex-husband's choice, as she works closely with him to learn what's happened to Kyron?

We asked Kyron's parents those questions in an interview earlier this week. We're posting their answers below, or you can hear the audio clip here.

In a related note, both parents told WW they're seeking counseling to deal with the emotional aftermath of Kyron's disappearance
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron's Parents in Touch With Oprah but Say They Won't Take Money for the story   Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Kyron’s Parents in Touch With Oprah but Say They Won’t Take Money for the Story
11:08 AM July 30th, 2010 by James Pitkin
News / courts | Email This Post |

The parents of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman tell WW that producers for Oprah Winfrey have contacted them. But Kaine Horman and Desiree Young say they won’t take money for the story of Kyron’s disappearance.
“We wouldn’t sell it,” Young said in an interview Tuesday.
“Oh yeah,” Horman agreed. “It’s not about money.”
While they said they’ve been in contact with producers from The Oprah Show, they said they’ve received no offers yet for book or movie deals.
Money has been an issue since July 26, when Kaine Horman filed papers in his ongoing divorce requesting to know the source of $350,000 that his wife, Terri Moulton Horman, allegedly paid her criminal-defense lawyer. According to The Oregonian, Terri Moulton Horman’s lawyer filed a response Thursday calling that reported amount “grossly inaccurate.”
Kaine Horman told WW he has no idea where his wife got the money.
“When you find out, call me,” he said. “I want to know.”
One possibility that’s been suggested is that Terri Moulton Horman’s parents, Larry and Carol Moulton, may have taken out an additional mortgage on their $175,500 house in Roseburg. Terri Moulton Horman moved into that house with her parents around July 16.
But according to the Douglas County Assessor’s Office on Wednesday, the last time the Moultons refinanced their home was in 2008.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron: Press Conference   Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:38 pm

Friday, July 30, 2010

Kyron: Press Conference

Statement Analysis has not revealed deception on the part of Kaine Horman and Desiree Young. It has revealed pain, frustration, guilt, and some distance (early on) with law enforcement (see earlier analysis) but no indicators of deception.

These two parents are not involved in the disappearance of Kyron Horman.

Today's News Conference:

1. Kyron stashed? It is only a "feeling" with Desiree; it is the only way he could be alive.

2 Desiree is falling apart. She looks exhausted. The cruelty of withholding information is evident upon her rapidly aging face. Kaine looks defeated. This will turn around for both, as they will begin to focus upon justice for Kyron.

3. they have sacrificed the embarrassment of unveiling their messed up private lives in order to keep Kyron in the news. Their reluctance to be in the spotlight has been consistent from the beginning.

4. Guilt is killing them both, slowly. Kaine would trade his life for Kyron and this reveals what he believes Terri's motive is: hatred for Kaine. Expect more embarrassing details coming out, of which Kaine and Desiree are deliberately allowing so that Kyron will stay in the news.

5. DeDe and her attorney are working this week with law enforcement.

6. "Anyone who knows Terri or DeDe come forward": Desiree.

Frustration is obvious. Suspicion towards DeDe is increasing. Statements about confidence towards the investigation do not appear strong.

HLN has constant pictures of Kyron, which is good.

7. Desiree not completely happy with law enforcement. "Unfortunately" we speak on our own.

I have read many posts defending Terri Horman.

Terri Horman has failed two polygraphs and may have walked out on a third. These tests would be simple questions such as:

Did you have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance?

Did you harm Kyron?

Are you withholding information from us about Kyron's disappearance?

Do you know where Kyron is?

Terri Horman has not spoken publically. It would be simple for her, if innocent, to go before a camera and say so. Instead, she hired a defense attorney.

What do all of these factors say to us? They say:

Terri Horman has caused Kyron Horman to go missing and she could end the daily suffering of not only the family, but the community, and people of good will all over the country who are praying for Kyron and for the family.

The harm goes beyond what she did to Kyron.

She is not only hurting the nation emotionally, but is costing tax payers thousands and thousands of dollars.

If Kaine is correct, that her motive was to hurt him, she has suceeded. But does she need to cause Desiree to age prematurely, with unbearable stress, each and every day of her life? Does she have a need to embarass police? Does she realize that the Sheriff has told us that many of the investigators are hurting emotionally, as parents themselves, and taking this personally? Does Terri Horman need to hurt the countless thousands of Americans who are pulling for this little boy, even though the odds of being found alive are diminished with each passing day?

As for De De Spicher:

If she knows anything, she needs to tell police what she knows. Did she, as Desiree has alleged, tell others NOT to cooperate? Remember, we have not seen a single indicator of deception in Terri Young: we do not have cause to believe she is lying about DeDe. She may be mistaken, but not lying.

If DeDe is only speaking out out of fear of consequences, what does this say about her as a human being?

When will this heartbreak end?

I expect an arrest to come when the Grand Jury is complete. I expect an indictment of some form to be handed down.

I base this on the factors known of the case, but more so from DeDe Spicher's attorney who gave us his take on this.

Thanks to all commentators who continue to update us with breaking information.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 11:09 AM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kaine Horman challenges those with information to come forward in Kyron Horman case   Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Kaine Horman challenges those with information to come forward in Kyron Horman case

Published: Friday, July 30, 2010, 12:53 PM Updated: Friday, July 30, 2010, 1:40 PM

Kate Mather, The Oregonian

Ross William Hamilton/The OregonianKaine Horman (left) and Desiree Young, the parents of Kyron Horman, talk to reporters today at a news conference.

It's been eight weeks today since his son Kyron disappeared, and Kaine Horman had some strong words for anyone who might be hesitant to share information that could help find the boy.

"I've heard people say that they're afraid to get involved and to come into this and you know," Horman said, his voice steely. "It makes me really emotional...he's afraid, OK? There's no fear that should override his at this point in time. So if you feel you're afraid, put yourself in his shoes for two minutes, OK? This is about him. This is about finding him."

Your guide to the story
» Timeline
» All stories
» All photos
» All videos

The words came this morning at news conference at the Embassy Suites in Tigard, where the missing 7-year-old's parents, Kaine Horman and Desiree Young, answered questions from reporters.

Though the two did not comment on specifics of the ongoing investigation, they repeatedly implored anyone who has had contact with Terri Horman, Kaine's estranged wife, or her friend DeDe Spicher, to contact authorities.

"If they know them or if they've talked to them ever, they need to come forward and share what they know," Young said.

The plea was extended to anyone who might have exchanged correspondence with either of the women, Kaine Horman said. He said electronic correspondence is Terri's "favorite form" of communication, though he did not elaborate on which online forums she preferred.

Terri Horman was the last known person to see the second-grader, who disappeared from Skyline School on June 4. Investigators have not named any suspect or person of interest in the case, though Kyron's parents have repeatedly said they believe Terri Horman is involved.

"To what capacity is what the investigation is trying to figure out," Kaine Horman said this morning.

A sign on the door of Terri Horman's parents home in Roseburg, where she is now staying, referred all questions to her lawyer, Stephen Houze. He could not immediately be reached for comment.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron Horman case: Analyzing Terri's story of June 4th   Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:51 pm

Kyron Horman case: Analyzing Terri’s story of June 4th

Posted on July 31st, 2010 by Valhall
The following article is based on work performed by Hinky reader LuLu and her friend. They timed out driving times between locations Terri Horman is reported to have said she went to on the morning of June 4th.
According to the reports of what Terri told investigators about her movements on June 4th, she moved along the following path.
Horman residence -> Skyline Elementary ->Albertson’s -> Fred Meyer’s -> 1-1/2 hours on rural roads in the area surrounding the Horman residence -> 24-Hour Fitness center -> Horman residence
Now, concerning the two grocery stores, we do not know if she went to Albertson’s first or Fred Myer’s first, but for the sake of analyzing driving times and whether the movements can “fit” into the time available between 8:45 a.m. and 1:21 p.m. (at which time Terri posted Kyron’s picture on her Facebook), it really doesn’t matter which order she went to the two grocery stores, as you will soon see.
Locations:
Horman residence: 15725 NW Sheltered Nook Road, Portland, OR
Skyline elementary: 11536 NW Skyline Blvd, Portland, OR
Albertson’s Hillsdale: 5415 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy
Fred Meyer’s Sunset: 22085 NW Imbrie Drive, Hillsboro, OR
Drive Times:
Drive time from Horman residence to Skyline elementary: 6 minutes
Drive time from Skyline Elementary to Albertson’s Hillsdale: 28-33 minutes
Drive time from Albertson’s to Fred Meyer’s Sunset: 18 minutes
Drive time from Fred Meyer’s back to vicinity of Horman residence: 16 minutes
Drive time from near Horman residence to 24-Hour Fitness: 17-22 minutes
Terri’s reported story:
8:45 a.m. Terri states she leaves Skyline Elementary and then precedes to two stores: Albertson’s and Fred Meyer’s. We are assuming in that order, but reversing it doesn’t make much difference.
Note: No diaper change time, no getting baby in and out of car seat time is added here.
8:45 to 9:13-9:18 a.m. – Terri drives to and arrives at Albertson’s
Note: No shopping time, no grocery loading time, no diaper change time, no getting baby in and out of car seat time is added here.
9:13-9:18 to 9:31-9:36 a.m. – Terri drives to and arrives at Fred Meyer’s
Note: No shopping time, no grocery loading time, no diaper change time, no getting baby in and out of car seat time is added here.
9:31-9:36 to 9:47-9:52 a.m. – Terri is back near Horman residence
Note: “Chas” states he sees a white Ford F250 pickup pull out on to Hwy 30 headed south “somewhere north of Logie Trail Rd” at 9:45 a.m.
10:10 – 11:20 a.m. – Terri is reported to state she spent this time driving rural roads surrounding the Horman residence trying to soothe Kiara’s pain (either an earache or teething – depending on which version you want to go with)
Let’s break right here. Okay, already the timeline doesn’t work. Please note that just stacking the drive times as if Terri and Kiara never actually get out of the truck at either Albertson’s or Fred Myer’s, we have them arriving back near the Horman residence at 9:47 to 9:52 a.m. That is a window of 18 to 23 minutes in which Terri can get Kiara out of the car seat, change her diaper if she needs to, unload all the groceries and other items she has just purchased at two stores, and load Kiara back in the car seat before she starts her alleged “soothing trek” at 10:10. Now, while approximately 20 minutes is ample time to do all that, unfortunately, the rest of the timeline does not allow Terri to have ever even exited the truck at either grocery stores, let alone do the necessary actions with Kiara in and out of the carseat, go shopping, and load the groceries in the truck.
We have at most 23 minutes between the earliest time Terri could have arrived back at the Horman residence and the time she is reported to have started driving the rural areas. With that 23 minutes we have to fit in:

• Putting Kiara in the car seat at the elementary (if she was ever actually taken out)
  • Taking Kiara out of the car seat at Albertson’s
  • Shopping at Albertson’s
  • Loading groceries at Albertson’s
  • Putting Kiara back in the car seat at Albertson’s
  • Taking Kiara out of the car seat at Fred Meyer’s
  • Shopping at Fred Meyer’s
  • Loading groceries at Fred Meyer’s
  • Putting Kiara back in the car seat at Fred Meyer’s
  • Taking Kiara out of the car seat at home
  • Unloading groceries and putting them away
  • Putting Kiara back in the car seat before leaving home

Houston, we have a problem. You can’t get there from here. There is no way, with an 18 month in tow, you can shop two grocery stores, unload groceries at home and put them away and have it all done in 23 minutes. In addition, one would think that by 10:00 a.m. you would need to get a diaper change in for Kiara. AND, we have to add in that Kiara would be fussy, crying, etc….since that is the alleged reason for driving for almost an hour and half on rural roads, right? AND, if you are at home, with a crying, cranky hurting baby why would you EVER leave your home to just drive roads. Setting aside the logical move of contacting a pediatrician to get your hurting child looked at, you are at home…there’s no place more comforting, right? And Terri had to go home because she just went grocery shopping at two stores! She wouldn’t drive around for an hour and half with groceries in her truck – well, at least a normal person wouldn’t.
Back to the timeline…
NOTE: Unless Terri left that morning with her gym bag, or got the gym bag before 10:10 when she was unloading her groceries (that she never had time to get in the first place), she would need to stop at the Horman residence before going to the gym to get her bag. We will assume that is what she did.
11:20 to 11:37-11:42 a.m. – Terri is driving to and arrives at 24-Hour Fitness Center
11:40 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. – Terri is reported to have stated she was at 24-Hour Fitness Center
NOTE: It has been reported that DeDe Spicher leaves her gardening work at 11:15 a.m. and is unreachable until she returns at around 1:00 p.m.
12:40 to 1:02 p.m. – Terri is driving to and arrives at Horman residence
1:21 p.m. – Terri posts pictures taken at Skyline that morning
So….based on the reports of what Terri was supposed to have told investigators about what she did when she left Skyline Elementary at 8:45 a.m., things don’t fit for the morning of June 4th.
Valhall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KYRON HORMAN: MISSING ENDANGERED CHILD   

Back to top Go down

KYRON HORMAN: MISSING ENDANGERED CHILD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next