LOVE AND PROTECT ALL CHILDREN

A discussion of children, their welfare, well being and lives. We must protect them, they are our future.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

KYRON HORMAN: MISSING ENDANGERED CHILD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Why Kyron " is still alive "   Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:52 am

Why Kyron “is still alive”

Posted on July 2nd, 2010 by Valhall
Many were shocked yesterday at Desiree Young’s opening statement in her brief comments to media during the press conference. Her first sentence was, “Kyron is still alive.” When Multnomah County Sheriff’s officers were asked about this statement two different officers made two different statements. The first reduced to “that is what the family is going with” and the second was “until we have evidence to the contrary that is what we are working with” (both those statements paraphrased, but the original message intact).
There have been a couple of statements made in this case that have perplexed many of us, but maybe if we look at them in combination we can begin to understand what law enforcement is doing in their investigation. The first reduces to (again paraphrased) “we believe this to be an isolated incident – we do not believe other children are endanger”. Probably the most striking thing about the statement is how early in the investigation it was made. You can only conclude two things (at least I can only resolve it to two options) when trying to make this statement make sense – which is one of the first official responses from law enforcement about Kyron’s mysterious disappearance: 1…investigators were out of their minds and made a statement of reassurance that could have placed other children in danger, or 2…at an extremely early point in the investigation they had extremely good evidence that backed this statement (i.e. they have something to indicate who took Kyron).
The second odd statement is Desiree’s opening sentence yesterday and then the responses by law enforcement to that statement. “Kyron is still alive.” Aside from the hope the family must keep in order to keep their sanity, and even more importantly the hope we should all keep so that we continue to look for Kyron until such time he is found alive, or recovered, is the fact that as long as “Kyron is still alive” and missing this investigation is a missing endangered child case – whether it has been declared criminal or not. They are stating they are searching for a living child…not gathering evidence to convict someone. Just like they are stating they have no official person of interest or suspect.
Let’s look at the investigation into missing Caylee Marie Anthony. In the less than 24 hours that Orange County Sheriff’s Office looked into the missing toddler case they had great leeway to question all people – particularly the last known person to see/be with Caylee, her mother Casey. They were not gathering information to convict someone, but to find what happened to Caylee. Unfortunately, they met with a mother (again emphasizing, the last known person to be with Caylee) who could not utter a single, solitary truthful statement. When they could not get one iota of cooperation from Casey Anthony, and continued to get impeding false statements in response to their questions, they charged Casey with child endangerment and making false statements in an investigation. But was this the best thing to do?
In Casey Anthony’s case I’m not sure it was. I do believe OCSO had good intentions – which were to bring charges, scare Casey, and put her under pressure to at least give one honest statement that would assist in finding Caylee. But Casey Anthony’s personality is such that she did not take her arrest and subsequent incarceration as something she feared, but instead something that angered her and made her more defiant. In short…the early arrest cut off law enforcement’s ability to continue to try to get useful information from Casey (and her tally-ho, round the wagons weird family) in the missing child investigation.
We do not see MCSO making this same mistake. They are continuing to not only work a missing child investigation, but a living missing child investigation. They are working this case to find Kyron and bring him home. The importance of this point is that this places anyone who is uncooperative in being questioned by law enforcement toward finding this child before danger comes to him in a very unfavorable position. Because, just like in the situation with Casey Anthony, why would anyone in either Kyron’s family, school staff, or community as a whole not want to cooperate and tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth to bring Kyron home?
That is my opinion on why Kyron is still alive. My prayer is that he really is and I hope all of us continue to be vigilant and watch for his beautiful little face. Until such time we are told otherwise, that is our part in this tragedy.
Valhall.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Search for Kyron Horman 07-01-2010   Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Search for Kyron Horman 07-01-2010.

We did the Kyron Horman search by boat today around Sauvie Island.

All three search dogs alerted on a DEAD HUMAN Scent in the water at the marina.

In NO WAY am I saying this is Kyron.

Since the family refuses to give us Kyron's scent article, all we can do is use psuedo scent which smells to the dog of decomposition.

Remember search dogs don’t know how to lie. And; we had two witnesses to our searches today.

This is a dead Human but it could be a suicide, accidental drowning, homicide, or someone's rotting body other then who we're looking for.

If I had Kyron's scent our search dogs are trained to discriminate and ignore all other scents. Then I would be able to say either yes this is him or NOPE it's not him.

Now do we think someone took him and dumped him under a boat deck? No not at all.

My feeling is someone had an accomplise and two things could have happened.
1). A bad evil person took him and passed him off to someone else how did
him harm. Or,
2). A bad evil person took him and did harm to him on their own. Or,
3). A bad evil person took him, passed him off to someone else and that
person took him to Arizona or Mexico and sold him to someone.
So here’s what I’m saying. We do have three qualified (we don’t call them certified as in Oregon their certification doesn’t mean crap to us).
The oregon search dog instructor certifier has discredited himself over and over again to where he holds absolutely no credibility to anyone who works a search dog.

You can listen to him make stupid statements such as “Harry Oakes being a FRAUD”.
This quote came from the Radio station KXL radio station today from reporter Chris Brown.
Well let’s let the readers and radio listeners decide who is really the fraud here.
This idiot who works a search dog and does searches for the Oregon State Sheriff’s Association, has bragged for years that ,I “Harry Oakes is a total fraud”.
Yet this is the same idiot who told the FBI and Oregon City PD that there were no bodies buried on Ward Weaver’s property. And everyone knows through Datelines NBC documented and researched story called “Into thin air”. showed Harry Oakes with SAR Dog Valorie and Michelle Keating with SAR Dog Yogi documented finding Ashley Pond and Miranda Gaddis remains buried on Ward Weaver’s property March 30, 2002.
During their TV show MSNBC even showed the viewers a copy of my report I wrote to the FBI and OCPD on March 30 2002, showing where Ashley Pond’s body was buried under the cement and when the FBI and OCPD dug up her remains in Aug. 2002, this made me the most credibile search dog handler in the world. It was all documented on TV. Now who is credible and who isn’t? Who is the Fraud here? Certainly not Harry Oakes. Harry said the bodies were there and that’s where the FBI and OCPD recovered them.
This is the same idiot’s team which was used on the DELA CARLSON search in Clatsop County, Ore. Who said she wasn’t there. We found some of her remains after the OSSA teams pulled out. (We found the remains in front of the victims family). All documented.
Let’s ask Brian Harris family in Clark Co. Washington and the Sheriff of Clark county who found Brians remains after OSSA and Washington Search dog teams failed to find him. It was Harry Oakes’ search dog teams.
This is the same idiot who whose teams (OSSA cert. Dog teams) were used to search for 3 days for Eli Kelt in Albany, Ore. Let’s pull the police report and see who the sheriff listed as finding Eli’s remains with his search dog. It wasn’t the idiot who is bad mouthing Harry. It was Harry with his search dog Valorie and Michelle with the search dog Rusty” that she was using at the time.

Or how about the missing child in Oaks Park. Jessica Nicole Clark. This same idiot and his search dog teams walked around for 3 hours in front of the media and told the mother and Mult. Co. Sheriff’s dept. they couldn’t find the little girl and once the search was called off, Harry Oakes with SAR Dog Valorie located the little girls remains in the Willamette river under the boat dock in less then 30 seconds of searching. Harry reported this to Portland Fire Bureau and Portland Police as well as the little girls mother. This in front of Dr. Untiz a witness.
Let’s pull the Portland Police Report and call the child’s mother. She witnessed the search and the recovery effort the next day of her little girl’s body where Harry and his search dog said her little girls remains were.

The list goes on and on. If the courts give Harry Oakes full credibility, then that’s all that matters. Not some dumbass who is jealous of Harry’s success.
Everything I’ve said can be researched under the freedom of information act. It’s public record and all documented.
Again I’ll repeat myself over and over again when this idiot or others like him, open their mouth with dumb statements to the media like what was said to KXL.
Here’s my statement to this idiot and others like him. “I have never seen you in the rubble piles in the Oklahoma City Bombing disaster. I was there”.
“I have never seen you in the rubble piles in Honduras, Turkey, Phillipiines, Northridge Earthquakes. I was there”.
So to the dumbass idiots who continue to bad mouth me and my volunteer efforts. Shame on you. Keep talking. You’re only showing your stupidity.
Someday you may learn documentation speaks for itself. The proof is in the pudding.
Now let’s get back to the focus at hand. That’s trying to find Kyron. Oops here we go again. I don’t see this idiot out there on his days off. Yet I’ve been out there over and over again at least trying to make a difference.
Hmmm I guess that speaks for itself.

Harry Oakes SAR Dog Instructor, Handler.
International K9 Search and Rescue Services.
www.k9sardog.com
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Landscaper tells detectives Terri Moulton Horman offered him money to kill her husband   Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:43 am

Landscaper tells detectives Terri Moulton Horman offered him money to kill her husband

Published: Sunday, July 04, 2010, 4:00 AM

Maxine Bernstein, The Oregonian

Andrew Burton/The Oreogonian

Kyron Horman's stepmother Terri Horman and Kyron's father, Kaine Horman at a June 13 press conference.
A landscaper who worked for Kyron Horman's family at their rural Northwest Portland home told authorities that the missing boy's stepmom offered to pay him to kill her husband.

The landscaper told authorities that Terri Moulton Horman approached him with the murder-for-hire plot six to seven months before Kyron disappeared, The Oregonian has learned.

She reportedly offered the landscaper, who advertises his expertise in lawn care, a large sum of money to carry out the scheme, sources say.

Detectives with the Multnomah County Major Crimes Team shared the landscaper's account with Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, last weekend, prompting him to leave the house June 26 with the couple's 19-month-old daughter.

Within two days, he obtained a family law attorney and filed divorce papers and a petition for a restraining order under the Family Abuse Prevention Act.

Investigators also recorded a conversation June 26 among the cooperating landscaper, Terri Horman and an undercover law enforcement officer, but Horman shut down the conversation fairly quickly, sources said.

Detectives later confronted Terri Horman directly with the murder-for-hire allegation, which she denied, sources say. She has not been charged with a crime, as a criminal investigation proceeds.

Terri Horman retained prominent criminal defense lawyer Stephen Houze on Wednesday. Repeated attempts to reach Houze, who was on the East Coast, were unsuccessful. A woman who answered the door at Terri Horman's house Saturday referred questions to her attorney.
Laura Rackner, Kaine Horman's attorney, declined to comment Saturday night other than to say: "I just want to do whatever is going to help law enforcement right now."

After Kyron disappeared June 4, investigators with the county's Major Crimes Team tracked down the landscaper in the course of trying to interview everyone who had contact with the boy's family. They also found it odd that Terri Horman had hired a landscaper without her husband's knowledge.

The landscaper, contacted by The Oregonian last week, confirmed that he was hired to do lawn work at the Horman home off Northwest Sheltered Nook Road. He said he's talked with detectives and could not comment further. His name is being withheld to protect his identity as a cooperating witness in an ongoing criminal investigation.

Detectives last weekend also shared the information they developed about the alleged murder-for-hire scheme with Kyron's mother and stepdad, Desiree and Tony Young -- providing a clearer indication of why the two banded together with Kaine Horman and the three suddenly and publicly distanced themselves from Terri Horman.

On Thursday, Desiree Young, with Kyron's dad and her husband standing behind her, made an emotional plea to Terri Horman before television cameras -- the family's first public statements directed at Kyron's stepmom since the boy disappeared a month ago.

"We implore Terri Horman to fully cooperate with investigators to bring Kyron home," a shaken Young told the media.

Investigators said Terri Horman was the last known person to see Kyron, when she told authorities she left him about 8:45 a.m. June 4 at Skyline School. She snapped a photo of the second-grader wearing a "CSI" T-shirt and beaming a smile beside his science fair exhibit earlier and posted it that day on her Facebook page. She and her husband waited for Kyron at the school bus stop not far from their home that afternoon, and when he didn't get off the bus, they went to the school. The school hadn't contacted the family when Kyron didn't return to his classroom after the science fair.

A large-scale search ensued, with law enforcement and search-and-rescue agencies from across the state, California and Washington combing the expansive hills around Kyron's home and school for days.

Though the sheriff's office has consistently declined to say whether Terri Horman is a suspect or even a person of interest in the case, investigators have intently focused on her the past several weeks.

She was grilled for hours through two polygraph exams, friends and family said. Sources said there were indications of deception during her first polygraph and gaps in the timeline she gave investigators the day Kyron disappeared. Authorities released a flier and questionnaire June 18 featuring photos of Terri Horman and a white truck similar to the one she was driving when she took Kyron to school, asking whether anyone had seen either on June 4.

Last weekend, at 5:17 p.m. June 26, Terri Horman placed a 9-1-1 call, classified as a "threats" call, to Multnomah County dispatchers, and a sheriff's deputy responded. By 11:39 p.m., when her husband and her 19-month-old daughter hadn't returned home, Terri Horman placed another 9-1-1 call, one classified by dispatchers as a "custody" matter. Kaine Horman wasn't at the home when either call was placed, sources said. The sheriff's office has declined to allow the release of the 9-1-1 tapes.

Two nights later, about 6 p.m. Monday, Terri Horman was served the restraining order and divorce papers at her home. About 45 minutes earlier, she had denied to an Oregonian reporter who came to her door that her husband had moved out. She gave a thumbs up, saying, "Everything's good."

A judge grants a restraining order if the petitioner can show that the petitioner or child is in "imminent danger of further abuse" by the respondent, and the respondent represents a "credible threat to the physical safety of petitioner or petitioner's child."

Oregonian reporter Bryan Denson and news researcher Lynne Palombo contributed to this story.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Landscaper tells detectives Terri Moulton Horman offered him money   Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:14 pm

Landscaper tells detectives Terri Moulton Horman offered him money to kill her husband

Published: Sunday, July 04, 2010, 4:00 AM Updated: Sunday, July 04, 2010, 9:45 AM

View full sizeAndrew Burton/The OregonianKyron Horman's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, and Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, at a June 13 press conference.

A landscaper who worked for Kyron Horman's family at their rural Northwest Portland home told authorities that the missing boy's stepmom offered to pay him to kill her husband.

The landscaper told authorities that Terri Moulton Horman approached him with the murder-for-hire plot six to seven months before Kyron disappeared, The Oregonian has learned.

She reportedly offered the landscaper, who advertises his expertise in lawn care, a large sum of money to carry out the scheme, sources say.

Detectives with the Multnomah County Major Crimes Team shared the landscaper's account with Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, last weekend, prompting him to leave the house June 26 with the couple's 19-month-old daughter.

Within two days, he obtained a family law attorney and filed divorce papers and a petition for a restraining order under the Family Abuse Prevention Act.

» Timeline
» Stories
» Photos
» Videos

Investigators also recorded a conversation June 26 among the cooperating landscaper, Terri Horman and an undercover law enforcement officer, but Horman shut down the conversation fairly quickly, sources said.

Detectives later confronted Terri Horman directly with the murder-for-hire allegation, which she denied, sources say. She has not been charged with a crime, as a criminal investigation proceeds.

Terri Horman retained prominent criminal defense lawyer Stephen Houze on Wednesday. Repeated attempts to reach Houze, who was on the East Coast, were unsuccessful. A woman who answered the door at Terri Horman's house Saturday referred questions to her attorney.

Laura Rackner, Kaine Horman's attorney, declined to comment Saturday night other than to say: "I just want to do whatever is going to help law enforcement right now."

After Kyron disappeared June 4, investigators with the county's Major Crimes Team tracked down the landscaper in the course of trying to interview everyone who had contact with the boy's family. They also found it odd that Terri Horman had hired a landscaper without her husband's knowledge.

The landscaper, contacted by The Oregonian last week, confirmed that he was hired to do lawn work at the Horman home off Northwest Sheltered Nook Road. He said he's talked with detectives and could not comment further. His name is being withheld to protect his identity as a cooperating witness in an ongoing criminal investigation.

Detectives last weekend also shared the information they developed about the alleged murder-for-hire scheme with Kyron's mother and stepdad, Desiree and Tony Young -- providing a clearer indication of why the two banded together with Kaine Horman and the three suddenly and publicly distanced themselves from Terri Horman.

On Thursday, Desiree Young, with Kyron's dad and her husband standing behind her, made an emotional plea to Terri Horman before television cameras -- the family's first public statements directed at Kyron's stepmom since the boy disappeared a month ago.

"We implore Terri Horman to fully cooperate with investigators to bring Kyron home," a shaken Young told the media.

Investigators said Terri Horman was the last known person to see Kyron, when she told authorities she left him about 8:45 a.m. June 4 at Skyline School. She snapped a photo of the second-grader wearing a "CSI" T-shirt and beaming a smile beside his science fair exhibit earlier and posted it that day on her Facebook page. She and her husband waited for Kyron at the school bus stop not far from their home that afternoon, and when he didn't get off the bus, they went to the school. The school hadn't contacted the family when Kyron didn't return to his classroom after the science fair.

A large-scale search ensued, with law enforcement and search-and-rescue agencies from across the state, California and Washington combing the expansive hills around Kyron's home and school for days.

Though the sheriff's office has consistently declined to say whether Terri Horman is a suspect or even a person of interest in the case, investigators have intently focused on her the past several weeks.

She was grilled for hours through two polygraph exams, friends and family said. Sources said there were indications of deception during her first polygraph and gaps in the timeline she gave investigators the day Kyron disappeared. Authorities released a flier and questionnaire June 18 featuring photos of Terri Horman and a white truck similar to the one she was driving when she took Kyron to school, asking whether anyone had seen either on June 4.

Last weekend, at 5:17 p.m. June 26, Terri Horman placed a 9-1-1 call, classified as a "threats" call, to Multnomah County dispatchers, and a sheriff's deputy responded. By 11:39 p.m., when her husband and her 19-month-old daughter hadn't returned home, Terri Horman placed another 9-1-1 call, one classified by dispatchers as a "custody" matter. Kaine Horman wasn't at the home when either call was placed, sources said. The sheriff's office has declined to allow the release of the 9-1-1 tapes.

Two nights later, about 6 p.m. Monday, Terri Horman was served the restraining order and divorce papers at her home. About 45 minutes earlier, she had denied to an Oregonian reporter who came to her door that her husband had moved out. She gave a thumbs up, saying, "Everything's good."

A judge grants a restraining order if the petitioner can show that the petitioner or child is in "imminent danger of further abuse" by the respondent, and the respondent represents a "credible threat to the physical safety of petitioner or petitioner's child."

Oregonian reporter Bryan Denson and news researcher Lynne Palombo contributed to this story.

-- Maxine Bernstein
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: kyron Horman's family describe day boy disappeared, press mom to cooperate   Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:20 am

Kyron Horman's family describe day boy disappeared, press mom to cooperate

Published: Monday, July 05, 2010, 11:01 PM Updated: Tuesday, July 06, 2010, 12:40 AM

Bryan Denson, The Oregonian

Kyron Horman's father, Kaine Horman (left), mother and step-father, Desiree and Tony Young, at a recent press conference. The three released answers to questions posed via email by The Oregonian and other news outlets Monday evening.

The last time Kaine Horman saw his little boy was 7:45 a.m. on June 4. Kyron had just come back to the house after feeding the family cat, Bootsie, and his Dad was heading into work.

"I walked over to him, told him I was extremely proud of him for the effort he put into his red-eyed tree frog project, and for him to have a great and fun day at the science fair," his dad recalled this evening.

"We talked about maybe going for a special treat and playing the Wii after school, and then I said. 'I love you.'"

"I love you, too, Dad," Kaine heard his son say.

They were the last words he has heard from Kyron.

Kaine Horman's recollections were included Monday as part of a group email response from Kaine Horman, Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, and stepfather, Tony Young, to The Oregonian and other news agencies. The new details came after reporters submitted questions to them earlier in the day.

» Timeline
» Stories
» Photos
» Videos

The questions and answers touched on Terri Moulton Horman's lack of cooperation with investigators, Kaine Horman's whereabouts on the day his son disappeared and an alleged murder-for-hire plot against Kaine Horman reportedly orchestrated by his wife.

The three acknowledged that they had all taken polygraph tests and would keep meeting with investigators for as long as it takes to bring the little boy home. The parents said they wake each day and check in with detectives to see what they can do to help.

"We are relentless in this focus," they wrote.

Monday's responses followed a disclosure in The Sunday Oregonian that a landscaper accused Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, of offering to pay him to murder her husband, Kaine Horman. The landscaper told investigators that Terri Horman approached him about the plot six to seven months before Kyron vanished. Investigators briefed Kaine Horman about the development and he moved out of their house on June 26, taking his 19-month-old daughter, Kiara, with him. He then hired a family law lawyer, filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order against his wife.

Investigators say Terri Horman was the last person to see Kyron before he vanished from his rural Multnomah County schoolhouse on June 4. She retained a high-profile defense attorney, Stephen Houze, but has been charged with no crime.

The boy's disappearance, and strange twists in the case, have grown into a coast-to-coast curiosity. The story has led broadcasts by nationally televised morning shows and the interest of People magazine.

Kyron's parents urged Terri Horman to cooperate with the police in their missing-boy case. But they wrote in their Monday night response that they believe she still is not assisting authorities in their investigation.

"We have been briefed by law enforcement and we have not received a response since our request for her to fully cooperate with investigators to assist in bringing Kyron home," they wrote. "We continue to issue our plea of her FULLY cooperating with law enforcement and the investigation to help bring Kyron home as quickly as possible."

The parents, asked if they worried that Terri Horman was becoming the focus of news accounts rather than Kyron, said their main goal was to keep the missing boy in the world's mind so they have a better chance of finding him.

"So we are constantly working," they said, "to keep him the focus of the story and not Terri."

The parents said they remain hopeful he is still alive because police have given them no information to suggest he isn't.

Kaine Horman recalled leaving his office at Intel at about 1:45 the day his son disappeared, reaching home about 15 minutes later. Terri Horman was already in the house, on her laptop, he said.

The dad kissed Kiara, grabbed some food and worked from his home office until about 3:30 p.m. Then he put shoes on his daughter and they started walking toward the bus stop.

There, they waited for a little boy who never arrived.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron Horman Case: The Path From Suspect To Defendant Is Forged   Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:01 am

Kyron Horman Case: The Path From Suspect To Defendant Is Forged

Posted by blinkoncrimestaff | Kaine Horman, Kristian Horman, Kyron Horman, Pumala, Stephen Houze, Terri Horman, Uncategorized | Tuesday 6 July 2010 12:25 am

Portland, OR- The tangled web that is the life of Terri Horman continues to weave.

In an Exclusive development to blinkoncrime.com, a Portland local, declining to be identified, provides the bombshell revelation that Terri Horman was behind the 5:16PM call to 911 last June 26th.
The object of her “threat based” call to 911 requiring officers response?
The Landscaper, in his white truck, on her property, demanding his payment for $10,000.
The same Portland source confirmed that an undercover detective, playing the role of an associate of the landscaper turned alleged assassin, was present. It was also confirmed a bulk of the incident was overheard on the police scanner. The Truck registration and plate were called in on an open channel as well.
What they did not count on, during the surreptitious meeting, was that Terri Horman would shut down the brief meeting and call Police; thwarting what they were hopeful would end in an arrest.
Kaine Horman had been advised to remove the couples 18 month old daughter in advance, for their safety, earlier in the day.
Upon deputies arrival, as informed by Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office about the sting, detectives were forced to tell Terri Horman she was a suspect. Horman hired Stephen Houze, prominent Portland defense attorney by Monday June 28th.
The identity of the landscaper has been withheld as this is an ongoing investigation, but blinkoncrime.com has learned that it is contained in the sealed portion of the restraining order obtained by
Kaine Horman.

blinkoncrime reader titch contributed research to this article

Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron's Family Q & A   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:35 pm

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Kyron's Family Q&A

Below is the Q & A with the family. Analysis and commentary are in bold type. This holds some sad information. The pronoun "we" is used consistently throughout, and does not represent any weakening of assertions. The words chosen, however, are revelatory and offer, perhaps, an insight into Kryon's last day.

We may be given insight into the family dynamics and into Kyron's last day. We also may know if Desiree thinks Kyron is alive or not.

Q&A with Kyron Horman family touches on polygraph tests, day boy disappeared
Molly Hottle, The Oregonian

The Sheriff spoke out on Friday and said Terri Horman has cooperated throughout the investigation but you insinuated in your statement that she has not been cooperating. Please explain.

"We believe that the Sheriff's statement could have been misinterpreted and possibly reflects Terri's cooperation to participate in prior weeks during the investigation.

This is a weak assertion. Notice "could have been" coupled with
"possibly" and "reflects"; sounding like a strain to be polite. Recall early in the investigation communication from the family (then it was 4, including step mom) showed distance with law enforcement.

The statement was directed at historical cooperation not current cooperation. Based upon information we have received from briefings it is our understanding, and continues to be such, that she has not been cooperating. We have been briefed by law enforcement and we have not received a response since our request for her to fully cooperate with investigators to assist in bringing Kyron home. We continue to issue our plea of her FULLY cooperating with law enforcement and the investigation to help bring Kyron home as quickly as possible."

Past tense language; the family no longer believes that Terri is cooperating "fully"; i.e., withholding information. Frustration that no response has come after the public plea for Terri to cooperate.

Have you been asked to take polygraphs? If so, did you take them?

"Yes, all 3 of us have taken polygraphs and have voluntarily undergone any and all sessions with law enforcement and will continue to do so as long as it takes to bring Kyron home. We wake up every day and check in to proactively see what else we can do to help with the case and to find Kyron. We are relentless in this focus."

"all 3", even though we have reports that Terri took two polygraphs; we also have the extra word, "voluntarily". I think you will find that many of the sentences of the various statements from the family reflect feelings regarding Terri and things she may have said about Kyron.

Help us understand why you remain so certain Kyron is alive?

"We remain hopeful because we haven't been given any information by law enforcement to indicate he isn't still alive and therefore, we will always expect that he will come home to us."

The basis for their belief is the lack of bad news. It is hope that has no evidence to support it. But, do they believe he is deceased?

Kaine, are you able to confirm anything in the Oregonian story that was in the Sunday Paper that says it was discovered by police that Terri had attempted a Murder for Hire Plot?

"We are unable to comment."

The family ("we") are "unable" to comment. Since this question was directed at Kaine himself, we would expect to hear the singular, "I", as a direct response. This is a weak statement. It would appear that Kaine would like to respond; therefore, we look for future leakage from him here, and in future statements. I expect we will hear more from him, especially as days go by and the impatience boils over.

When is the last time Kaine saw Kyron?

This is not directed directly to Kaine, yet, Kaine now answers in the first person singular, making it a very strong statement. A strong statement is first person singular, past tense. This is an indication that Kaine is not responsible for Kyron's disappearance. When a subject makes a statement this strong, with details, it is from memory and can be recited backwards and forwards. Know this: Law enforcement has asked him (and Terri) this question over and over again. It may have been the ONE question that initially caused her such stress. Had Kaine had a defense attorney, he would have said, "no comment" to this investigatory question. Each detail has been scrutinized in depth but we see no signs of stress in his response. There are, however, some sensitive areas in the response which leak family life, but not in correlation to Kyron's disappearance. Understandably, I will not go into detail, though students of Statement Analysis will focus upon the words in italics. (see earlier analysis)

"I last saw him at about 7:45 am. He was coming back to the house after feeding our cat (Bootsie) and I was heading out to the car to head into the office. I walked over to him, told him I was extremely proud of him for the effort he put into his red-eyed tree frog project, and for him to have a great and fun day at the science fair. We talked about maybe going for a special treat and playing the Wii after school, and then I said 'I love you.' He said 'I love you too, Dad,' at which point we hugged, and then he went into the house as I got into the car and left. While I have not seen him since, that moment in time is still etched in my mind as if it just happened and is a constant reminder of the joy of having him as a son."

Although there is some sensitive subjects, we will look at the word "left" which is something we highlight when used as a connecting verb. When "left" is in a statement, as a connecting verb, we know that it is sensitive, with 70% occurrence being sensitive due to time, stress, traffic, etc, and 30% being sensitive enough to withhold information.

"I was in the living room. I left the living room and went into the dining room". This statement has the unnecessary connecting verb "left" in it. The statement could be, "I was in the living room and then went into the dining room", but because the unnecessary connecting verb "left" is used, this tells us that the subject may be withholding information. In fact, in this short statement, we may well know that something happened in the living room that is sensitive to the subject, which he or she has NOT told us.

In Kaine's case, the sensitivity is obvious, and he tells us in his own commentary: it was the last time he saw Kyron. The sensitivity is off the charts; so much so that he tells us what it is doing to his mind.

There is also an indication that he feels, perhaps, a bit of guilt because he may have been short with Kyron, due to time pressures. This is not due to his disappearance, but may also reflect tension with Terri. I get a sense from the family's releases that they are combating negative things that Terri said about Kyron, in particular, with his behavior being loud. (see previous analysis). It is repeated so often that it suggests itself. Remember, if it is in the wording, it is in the mind. For students, you likely see that taking care of the cat may have been a source of argument or of Terri's complaints. Norm is "the cat" or "the dog"; this deviation along with "told" versus "said" indicates some tension. When someone "says" something, versus someone "told", it is gentler. "Told" generally has some authority to it, or even an argument. Said v Told is highlighted in Statement Analysis.

My guess is that Terri complained about not only Kyron's noise level, but also she complained about caring for the family cat, about Kyron's science project, about Kyron being late, etc. Throughout the family statements, there appears to be a theme of defending him. Further sensitivity of that moment, and perhaps a bit of 'shortness' in getting Kryon focused and ready to go, is indicated by the two "I love you" statements. I won't go into detail here. Suffice that it is important enough for Kaine to express it.

Was Kaine working from home the day Kyron went missing? If so, when did Terri get home from the school?

"No, I was in the office that day until about 1:45 and arrived back home a little after 2pm. Terri was already in the house, on her laptop, when I arrived. I kissed Kiara, grabbed some food, and worked from my home office until about 3:30 at which time I put shoes on Kiara and we started walking down toward the bus stop."

Both highlighted phrases are sensitive. The "shoes" may be something that Kaine and Terri bickered over. I wonder if its inclusion, which seems so unnecessary and unimportant (making it doubly important in statement analysis, had something to do with lateness and arguing. Remember the principle: if something appears to be an unimportant detail, it is double important in statement analysis.

Was Kaine waiting at the bus stop for Kyron to get off of the school bus?

"Yes I was. I walked Kiara down to the bus stop about 3:35 with Terri following close after we left. We all arrived down at the bus stop together and waited as the bus came to the stop."

An argument likely took place at the house and Terri had to catch up to reach the bus stop. Terri arriving at the bus stop is highly sensitive. Terri was reluctant to go to the bus stop and I believe that Kaine said, "no, we both go. You have to make up for this morning" when they likely argued. I refrain from going too much in depth with this, as it is painful, but I do think the element of Terri's reluctance to GO TO the bus stop, KNOWING that Kyron is not getting off that bus IS relevant to the investigation. Kaine has given all information to the police, and it is likely well known what the atmosphere was like that morning and later in the afternoon. Terri did NOT want to be there. The pressure upon her to be a good actress would then begin. I think that the morning's argument over caring for the cat, being late, the science project, etc, was ALL due to the tremendous nervous energy coming from Terri Horman as she was going to exact her revenge upon her husband AND rid herself of a child who was not, perhaps as we have read, in her words, a "real" child of hers.

Was Kyron supposed to be out of school the following Friday for a doctor's appointment?

"There was some discussion about the appointment but it was unknown exactly when the appointment was scheduled so we cannot comment for certain."

Passive language indicates information being withheld. This may have been on advice of the police, or it may indicate that Kaine did not take care of Kyron's doctor appointments, but was the duty of Terri, and he is embarrassed at not knowing. My guess would be the latter; that Terri knew the details, and Kaine only knew vaguely. I also think that it may have been a source of contention between them: that Kaine objected to medication that Terri insisted Kyron have. (see prior analysis)

Do you all still feel strongly that the investigation remains on track?

"Yes, we feel the investigation continues to be on track and progressing toward finding Kyron. Every action we take is for the sole purpose of expediting the investigation and search for him and to bring him home as quickly as possible. Some actions can appear as distractions but our purpose, all efforts/actions, and our focus remain unwavered until he is home and safe."

some weakness here; which is natural, as each day passes. Order is important and we are now seeing that the investigation comes before Kyron's return, suggesting the growing fear within the family.

Do you receive daily briefings? If so, how are those briefings delivered to you?

"Yes we receive daily briefings or more frequently as needed, the delivery method changes based upon participant locations."

What would you like to see happen in the investigation that hasn't been thus far?

"As Kyron's family we have only one goal with the investigation, we only care about Kyron coming home to us soon."

The extra word gives us extra information. This family cares for something else, as well, which is why "only" has come into the language: It is about justice. The growing doubt of his being found alive, continues, and in their minds, justice is beginning to surface, as a subject. We will see if this is supported as we continue

Are you worried Terri is becoming the story and not Kyron?

"Our main goal is to keep Kyron in the front of everyone's mind because we have a better chance of finding him. So we are constantly working to keep him the focus of the story and not Terri."

Their "main" goal is to keep Kyron in the front, but "main" goal means there are other goals, as well.

Can you say something along what you said earlier about this not being two separate stories, but all about trying to find Kyron?

Media now senses that there are other goals besides the "main" goal mentioned.

"Kyron Horman is one story. As stated on an earlier interview, EVERYTHING we do is to expedite the investigation as best we can and bring him home quickly and safely."

Can you repeat your comment about how all you care about is putting pressure on whoever did this to Kyron? In essence, this is what it's all about.

"All of us care very much about bringing this person to justice and bringing Kyron home and we will not stop until that is done."

Here it is. In their minds, the odds are that Kyron is not coming home, which is indicated by the language shift: They are rebutting complaints about Terri and are doing what they can to contain the deep embittered hatred towards her, as they believe she has ended Kyron's life. Is there anything more concrete in their statements to show that they believe Kyron is gone?

The note put on the fence by Desiree for Kyron last week – are you willing to share what was in that note?

"It's personal to Ky, but I reassured him that we were on the way and that we will never stop looking for him."

When someone says something along these lines, it is an indication that they believe the missing person is dead. How long with Desiree search? She will "never stop". Students of S/A have seen this statement, or similar ones, from OJ, Scott Peterson, the Ramseys, the Anthony case...

they search, not until the person or killer is found, but for the rest of their lives. This is an indication that they know who the killer is, and in the case of missing children or missing adults, they believe the person is deceased.

This is a sad reality that is leaked by the words Desiree chose to respond with. In her mind, this will never end. It will never be over. There will not be a day in Desiree's life that she won't continue to search for answers. Nothing anyone can say, including Terri, can make her (or any of us) understand why Kyron had to die.

What does Kyron's room look like now? Have you made any changes to it since he disappeared?

Desiree: "I haven't made any changes to his room other than to vacuum it. I still have his laundry laid out and his bed not made because I can't bring myself to make his bed. I like to see that it looks slept in."

Desiree will maintain the denial for as long as she can. Do not be surprised that even after Kyron is found, she will speak in the present tense. It takes mothers longer to come to reality. I have heard mothers speak in the present tense of deceased children YEARS after the child's death.

Kaine: "We have done a little cleaning but otherwise it is in the same state it was when he left it. We had some family friends come over and we all played in his room to fill it with love and happy noises for Kyron, exactly as he would want if he would have been there with us. Additions to his room include gifts from other children that will be awaiting him when he gets home."

This appears to be another defensive statement against Terri. When the family is finally able to talk, I believe we will hear about how agitated Terri was on that fateful morning ,and how Kaine tried to get her to "make up" with Kyron by going to the bus stop, even though she lingered behind, not wanting to be there. I think the small details will come out and be heartbreaking, including the various complaints that Terri made against Kyron, a little boy, bursting with human growth hormone; full of life. I mention HGH because of Terri's likely use of anabolic and HGH in order to give herself the masculine muscle structure. Recently a psychologist on one of the talk shows stuttered in her answer to how steroids may have impacted Terri's behavior, stating that they would wear off in a few weeks.

In order to overcome the natural testosterone deficiency in a woman, Terri would have had to not only work hard, but use steroids for extended periods of time. As the aggression increases during those periods of time, personality changes can set in. Depending upon how long these changes were in effect, they could alter her behavior permanently, as habitual changes can, including a short fuse and rage. This is why experts call the damage of steroids "long lasting", even though the drug may depart from the system in measured weeks.

How difficult was it to be without Kyron this 4th of July?

Desiree: "It was very difficult. Kyron doesn't like real loud noises and so he generally is kind of timid when it comes to celebrating the 4th of July, but the main thing that I missed was Kyron sitting on my lap for the entire show. I always tell him he is just making sure that I am not afraid, at least that is what I tell him when his fifteen-year-old brother teases him about it."

Kaine: "Extremely difficult. He likes the lights and colors but not the noises and will often sit and watch with his ears covered. We have tried a few fireworks in the past but he definitely prefers watching them. Kyron enjoys the food and barbeque that we usually do and we usually play outside most of the day, which he loves to do."

Again we have "noises" in a family statement, which, as you look back at previous statements, is a constant theme for the family. In statement analysis, whenever "sit, sat, stood, stand" (etc) are in a statement, it is often a sign of tension. Here, the tension is due to the fireworks and Kyron covering his ears at the loud noises which scared or annoyed him. This indication of stress may be that that it was challenging for the parents when he became upset. (I won't go further).

"tried" past tense, means attempted but failed. "How did you do in softball today, Daddy? "I tried to hit a home run for you, sweetie!" means that Daddy likely struck out trying to hit a home run. Playing outside is sensitive, as is what a "usual" day looks like. The sensitivity may be as they long for "usual" and "normal" and know that it will never be life as usual, again.

What was planned for Kyron to be doing this week if he had not disappeared?

"He was supposed to be in California on vacation with his dad visiting friends – swimming, barbeque-ing, playing mini-golf, going to the water slides, a possible trip to the races, visiting to Monterey, and watching fireworks/celebrating the 4th of July with everyone."

Order is important. No suprise that the noisy fireworks is last. He may have loved seeing it, but not hearing it.

It has been a month since Kyron went missing, has this been the longest amount of time that any of you have been away from Kyron?

"Yes, it is the longest stretch of time for all of us where we have been unable to at least call or talk to him in one form or another."

Lingering guilt. This is sad. Kyron has not had an easy life. See analysis of letter.

It's been just over one month since Kyron disappeared, how is the family seeking support to keep up hope that Kyron will be returned home safely? Who is the most helpful source of support outside the family?

"The only support we have been seeking is for people to keep an eye out for him. The local community and people all across the state of Oregon and everywhere in the United States have sent notes of prayer, reassurance and strength in support of Kyron and our family. While the local community is relentless in its search for Kyron and support of the investigation, the national community continues to get the word out and watch for him. We will be reaching out to other families and organizations that help with missing children cases; we have not yet had enough time to do so. Other than that our strength and support comes from our love for Kyron and we lean on each other as much as we can while we search for him."

Compare the efforts of the family with that of the Anthony family. In that case, their behavior shows what their own statements reveal: that they knew from the beginning that their granddaughter was dead, yet sought out media and played with the emotions of a nation with the phoney "live" sightings. Here, the family has many disfunctional elements to it, yet they press forward with pictures and as much media only as necessary to keep the focus going.

One family was seen as seeking out media for attention and profit, making years' worth of salary with a single sale of pictures; as well as the attempted marketing of the deceased child's name.

The other family has been reluctant to be in the spotlight and was even critisized for not being more visible. They responded for Kyron's sake even though they knew the strange and embarassing stories would emerge, including illness, affairs, leaving Kyron with babysitter, later step mom, allegations of hiring for murder (which likely precipitated Kaine's leaving the home), etc.

It has been a mess, and has left Desiree, in particular, open to much criticism for leaving Kyron while she sought medical assistance. These are embarassing details.

Unlike the Anthonys, the Horman family has put Kyron first and foremost and have, and likely will continue to endure scrutiny from media, yet the public has embraced these people, while despising the fame/money seeking Anthonys.

The Horman family has been truthful with the media, while the Anthonys have considered the public to be intellectually beneath them, therefore, while holding them in contempt, have lied repeatedly.

The Hormans will be seeking out famiilies of missing children, as they likely seek to make sense of their loss, and turn their energy into doing good for others; like John Walsh, and others.

The two families could not be any more different.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 3:04 AM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron's Mom Makes New Appeal to Stepmom   Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Kyron's Mom Makes New Appeal To Stepmom

POSTED: 7:42 pm PDT July 6, 2010
UPDATED: 8:00 am PDT July 7, 2010

MEDFORD, Ore. -- The biological mother of 7-year-old Kyron Horman issued a fresh appeal Tuesday to the boy's stepmother, asking her to cooperate with police.

At a news conference in Medford, Desiree Young called on Kyron Horman's stepmother, Terri Horman, to "do the right thing" and cooperate with investigators, if for no other reason than for the boy's half sister, 18-month-old Kiara Horman, "who loves him very much and misses him too."

Terri Horman is the last person known to have seen Kyron before he vanished on June 4. Investigators have not named her as a suspect or a person of interest.

Her attorney, Portland defense lawyer Stephen Houze, did not immediately return calls seeking comment on Tuesday.

Multnomah County authorities have said that Horman was cooperating with the investigation. But Young, the boy's father and his stepfather said in an e-mail to news organizations late Monday that they believe Horman is not telling investigators everything she knows.

"To Terri, you need to do what is right. Not for me. Not for Tony. Not for Kaine. And not even for Kyron," Desiree Young said. "You need to do it for Kiara. She needs to see that you did the right thing to help bring her brother home. She loves him very much and she misses him too. Please cooperate with investigators and the attorneys to help bring Kyron home."

Lt. Mary Lindstrand of the sheriff's office said Tuesday that the department would not discuss details of the case.

Terri Horman has told authorities she dropped Kyron off at a science fair before school. He never appeared in class, and did not come home on the school bus.

Since then, investigators have developed 2,877 valid leads and covered 60 percent of them, deputies said.

Young and her husband, Medford Police Detective Tony Young, said Tuesday they wanted people in southern Oregon to know about his ties to the region, and to keep up hopes that he will be found alive.

"We love you and we miss you," his mother said. "Please do not be afraid, because the police are going to find you."

Young also revealed that the day her son disappeared, his stepmother was supposed to drive him to Eugene to turn him over to his mother and stepfather to spend the weekend in Medford.

Tony Young said he was going to take the boy on a long-delayed fishing trip with the rod the stepfather had given him for Christmas.

"Kyron is also a Medford boy," Tony Young said at the news conference. "We want people here to know him."
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: DA: Sealing Restraining Order No Longer Needed   Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:03 pm

DA: Sealing Restraining Order No Longer Needed

POSTED: 10:40 am PDT July 7, 2010
UPDATED: 11:13 am PDT July 7, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Multnomah County's district attorney said in a letter Wednesday that unsealing a restraining order filed by Kaine Horman will no longer undermine the sheriff's criminal investigation.

Norm Frink, the county's chief deputy district attorney, cited media coverage over the past weekend as the reason the restraining order no longer needed to be sealed.

Allegations of a murder-for-hire plot involving Terri Horman and Kaine Horman surfaced Sunday. A landscaper told Multnomah County detectives that Terri Horman offered him money several months ago to kill her husband, according to sources close to FOX 12.

Sources said Terri Horman, the landscaper and an undercover officer met, but she shut down the conversation.

Upon learning of the allegations involving his wife, Kaine Horman took his 19-month-old daughter and moved out of the couple's home, sources said. He filed for divorce and for a restraining order against Terri Horman on June 28.

The earliest the restraining order may be unsealed is Thursday, but it is up to Judge Keith Meisenheimer on whether any action will be taken.

Deputies have said Terri Horman was the last person to see missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman when he disappeared from school June 4. Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Young, has pleaded with Terri Horman to cooperate with investigators.

Read: Read Letter From DA's Office

Previous Stories:
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: A gift from police helps Kyron Horman's mother cope   Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:50 pm

A gift from police helps Kyron Horman's mother cope

July 07, 2010 5:48 PM

[url=mailto://][/url]

MEDFORD, Ore. -- Desiree Young is living a nightmare. Her child, 7-year-old Kyron Horman, is missing.
But she's not going through the pain alone.
She carries a small piece of comfort with her everyday, and she wears it around her neck.
"This is a police shield we got when Kyron went missing, it talks about strength and courage and I wear it everyday," she said.
A fellow Medford Police Department officer drove to Portland when the search started around June 4th to give the family the shield.
Desiree says she hasn't taken it off since.
Lt. Bob Hansen says Desiree is part of the "family of blue," the Medford Police Department, her hometown police force and her husband's brotherhood.
"That's a little bit of a connection that person needs, somebody else comes about and is thinking about them and that momento hits a cord or special note with them and that's what its there for," says Lt. Hansen.
Kyron's stepfather, Det. Tony Young said, "they have bent over backwards not only to assist us like a family but too anything reguarding this case for us."
A "family of blue," who's also missing a son.

If you have any information about Kyron call 503-261-2847 or 911 if it's urgent.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kaine Horman tells judge he thinks Terri Moulton Horman is involved in Kyron's disappearance   Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Kaine Horman tells judge he thinks Terri Moulton Horman is involved in Kyron's disappearance

Published: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 12:06 PM Updated: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 1:44 PM

The OregonianTerri Moulton Horman
Kaine Horman said he believes his wife is involved in the disappearance of his son, 7-year-old Kyron Horman, in his petition for a restraining order against Terri Moulton Horman.

A Multnomah County judge today unsealed the petition for the restraining order which Kaine Horman obtained on June 28, two days after investigators informed him that his wife had offered to pay a landscaper to kill him months before his son's disappearance.

"I believe respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron who has been missing since June 4, 2010. I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me,'' Kaine Horman wrote in his petition. "The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."

He wrote that his wife attempted to hire someone to kill him in the end of 2009.

Kaine Horman left his home with their 19-month-old daughter on June 26, and within two days, had obtained a family law attorney and filed for divorce and a restraining order under the Family Abuse Prevention Act.

» Timeline
» Stories
» Photos
» Videos

The order requires Terri Horman to stay more than 500 feet from her husband or daughter, and not go to the Skyline School, Kaine's Intel office or his gym, The Edge in Beaverton. She's also restricted from entering her daughter's current or future day care provider or school.

Terri Horman was also ordered not to possess any firearms. In the petition, Kaine Horman says he does not know if his wife has access to firearms, but is concerned about the possibility of her getting access to weapons, considering she "attempted to hire someone to murder me."

Kyron Horman disappeared June 4 after he was last seen at his Skyline School in rural northwest Multnomah County.

His stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman, was the last known person to have seen him.

She told authorities that she had brought Kyron to school that morning with his science fair exhibit and watched him walk toward his classroom about 8:45 a.m. before she left the school.

Although the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office has not identified a suspect or a person of interest, investigators clearly are focused on Kyron's stepmom. They released fliers with her photo on it, and a picture of the white truck she was driving from the school the day Kyron disappeared, and shared the landscaper's account of the murder-for-hire scheme credible to share with other family.

Kaine Horman, Kyron's dad, quickly and publicly banded together with Kyron's mother and stepdad, to isolate Terri Horman in the last week and a half.

After investigators had tracked down the landscaper who told authorities of the alleged murder-for-hire scheme, detectives sent the landscaper back to Terri Horman's home on June 26, accompanied by an undercover officer. This time, he wore a body wire, and tried to get Terri Horman to corroborate the murder-for-hire plot on tape. He claimed he'd tell police, if she didn't pay him $10,000, but Terri Horman cut off the conversation quickly and called 9-1-1 herself, to report "threats," records show.

Kaine Horman's lawyer, Laura Rackner, has requested an expedited hearing on the restraining order petition and divorce proceedings.

Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Keith Meisenheimer set a July 22 hearing date at 1:30 p.m, court records show.

Kaine Horman, Desiree Young and Tony Young are scheduled to answer questions from the media early this evening during another news conference.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: D.A. no longer opposes unsealing documents filed against Terri Moulton Horman   Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:52 pm

Multnomah County D.A. no longer opposes unsealing documents filed against Terri Moulton Horman

Published: Wednesday, July 07, 2010, 4:00 PM
Updated: Wednesday, July 07, 2010, 4:55 PM

Michael Russell, The Oregonian

The Multnomah County District Attorney's Office no longer opposes unsealing a divorce petition and restraining order filed by missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman's father against his wife.

» Timeline
» Stories
» Photos
» Videos

As reported in The Oregonian Sunday, Kaine Horman filed the documents June 28 after learning of allegations that Terri Moulton Horman had attempted to hire a landscaper to murder him six to seven months earlier. The restraining order was granted.

At the request of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, the contents of the documents were sealed. The Oregonian and other media asked a county judge last week to release the documents. At the time, the district attorney's office argued that their unsealing could harm the sheriff's investigation into Kyron Horman's disappearance.

But in a letter sent Tuesday to Judge Keith Meisenheimer, Chief Deputy District Attorney Norm Frink wrote that given Sunday's report, the sheriff's office could no longer make that argument.

Meisenheimer had planned to review whether to unseal the documents as early as Thursday, Frink wrote.

Frink added that he expressed "no opinion on any position Terri Horman might have in the matter."

Here is the text of Frink's letter:

Your Honor:

This confirms my discussion with you earlier this evening. After speaking with Mr. Bosworth and Ms. Rackner, I called you and informed you that, given the media coverage over the past long weekend, the Multnomah County Major Crimes Team could no longer stand by its assertion in my affidavit of July 2 that unsealing the sealed matters before you would undermine our on-going criminal investigation. I express no opinion on any position Terri Horman might have in the matter.

You told me of your intent to decide what further action was warranted after you reviewed the sealed documents when your court was open again on Thursday, July 8

Yours very truly,

Norman W. Frink
Chief Deputy District Attorney
Multnomah County, Oregon

Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron Horman case: Parents criticize Terri Horman at News Conference   Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Kyron Horman case: Parents criticize Terri Horman at news conference

Published: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 6:23 PM Updated: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 7:09 PM

Kate Mather, The Oregonian

Beth Nakamura/The OregonianWith Kaine Horman in the background, Desiree Young answers a question from reporters during a news conference this afternoon in Beaverton. They are the parents of Kyron Horman, the 7-year-old boy who disappeared June 4 from Skyline Elementary School in rural Northwest Multnomah County.

BEAVERTON -- Kyron Horman's parents publicly criticized his stepmother today, saying they are upset that Terri Horman is "not telling the truth" and not cooperating with the investigation into their son's disappearance.

Desiree Young and Kaine Horman made their comments in answer to questions from reporters during a late-afternoon news conference at a Beaverton motel. During the conference, they also said that Terri Horman, Kyron's stempmother, has failed two polygraph tests.

"I'm so angry I don't even have words. I just really want her to do the right thing and I can't say it enough that Kyron is still out there and he needs to be home," Young said. "It's extremely frustrating that she's not cooperating."

When asked how Terri Horman wasn't cooperating with investigators, Young said she wasn't "taking an active role in finding Kyron and telling the truth."

"I've known her a long time," Young said. "I know she's lying."

The criticism came just hours after a Multnomah County judge lifted the seal on the restraining order that Kaine Horman filed against his wife on June 28, two days after investigators told him Terri Horman had tried to hire a landscaper to kill him.

» Stories
» Photos
» Videos
» Timeline

"I believe respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron who has been missing since June 4, 2010. I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me," Kaine Horman wrote in his petition. "The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."

Kaine Horman has since moved out of the home in a rural area of Northwest Multnomah County along with his and Terri's 19-month-old daughter, Kiara. An amendment to the restraining order filed by Kaine Horman shows that he has requested that a judge order his wife to leave their home so he, Kiara and Kyron can live in the house.

"Displacing a child for the comfort of an adult," Kaine Horman said Thursday. "I think we all have our opinions on how appropriate that is."

Kyron's parents did not comment on the specifics of the investigation, but noticeably paused when asked if they thought someone else might be involved.

"We would like to speculate, but we really can't," Young said.

Kaine Horman said he was surprised by the information from investigators about his wife apparently trying to hire a hitman, but his relationship with his wife was not his main focus.

"Kyron is still missing. That's what's important," Kaine Horman said. "That will be dealt with later in a different venue -- right now it's not important."

Investigators said Terri Horman is the last known person to have seen Kyron on the Friday morning he disappeared from Skyline Elementary School. She told authorities that she toured a science fair with the 7-year-old that morning, and watched him walk toward his classroom at about 8:45 a.m.

Though officials have yet to name a suspect in the case, the investigation has appeared to focus on Terri Horman. The sheriff's office released a flier showing her picture and a picture of a truck similar to the one she drove to Skyline on June 4 along with a questionnaire asking if she or the vehicle had been seen at the school.

Young, meanwhile, reiterated her trust in the investigators handling her son's disappearance -- even when asked by reporters if she was frustrated that, despite her belief that Terri Horman has not been forthcoming with investigators, that Horman had not been arrested.

"Honestly I think the police are doing whatever they can to make Kyron the priority and I put my full trust in they're doing what they need to do to bring him home, however that ends up happening," Young said. "They've got in their minds their game plan and I know they have a reason for it so I'm just rolling with the punches as much as I can."

Although time has passed since Kyron went missing and his parents have adopted new daily routines filled with police briefings and media interviews, Young said they were still grappling with why it was their son that went missing.

"We have asked ourselves that very question -- why Kyron?" his mother told reporters. "He's such a gorgeous smart intelligent funny little guy. Why? Why him?"
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Frink On Crime   Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:42 am

Frink on Crime

July 9, 2010

Norman W. Frink is the Chief Deputy District Attorney of Multnomah County, Oregon. In a letter released yesterday that he had written to the circuit judge two days earlier, he said “the… Major Crimes Team could no longer stand by its assertion in my affidavit of July 2 that unsealing the sealed matters before you would undermine our on-going criminal investigation.” With that, Circuit Court Judge Keith Meisenheimer opened the floodgates and released several documents pertaining to Kaine Horman, Petitioner, and Terri Moulton Horman, Respondent.

All court documents were filed on June 28.
First up is the RESTRAINING ORDER TO PREVENT ABUSE, sanctioned by the state Family Abuse Prevention Act. This one prevents Terri from making any contact with the Petitioner, her husband. This means business. If she attempts to contact Kaine in any manner, she will, most likely, go to jail. This means everywhere in the country, not just the state.

It was ordered that:

Respondent is restrained (prohibited) from intimidating, molesting, interfering with or menacing, or attempting to intimidate, molest, interfere, menace, the minor child/ren in Petitioner’s custody directly or through third parties.
Respondent is restrained (prohibited) from intimidating, molesting, interfering with or menacing, or attempting to intimidate, molest, interfere, or menace, the minor child/ren in Petetioner’s custody directly or through third parties.
Except as otherwise set out in this Order, Respondent is restrained (prohibited) from entering or attempting to enter, or remain in, the area within 150 feet of the building and land at the following locations:
The locations included Kaine’s employer, Intel, and the gym where he works out. Terri is still living at the property he owns.

Respondent shall not knowingly be or stay within 500 feet… of Petitioner unless otherwise ordered by the court.
Terri is allowed to appear at court hearings and at those meetings, she must stay at least 10 feet away from Kaine.
Except as otherwise set out in this Order, Respondent is restrained (prohibited) from:

Contacting, or attempting to contact, Petitioner in person directly or through third parties.
Contacting, or attempting to contact, Petitioner by mail or e-mail, or any other electronic transmission, except for mailing court-ordered emergency monetary assistance, checks or money orders directly or through third parties,
Contacting, or attempting to contact, Petitioner by telephone, including cell phone or text messaging directly or through third parties.
Respondent is restrained (prohibited) from entering, or attempting to enter, or remain at:

The child/ren’s current or future day care provider, or removing them from daycare.
The child/ren’s current or future school, or removing them from school.
Terri is not allowed to purchase or possess any firearms or ammunition, too. Kaine was awarded temporary custody of their 18-month-old daughter, Kiara Ariel, and Terri was awarded NO parenting time. If this sounds harsh, consider the next PETITION FOR RESTRAINING ORDER TO PREVENT ABUSE…
Kaine wrote that, “I believe Respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron who has been missing since June 4, 2010. I also recently learned that Respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me. The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true.”
Throughout the motion, he wrote that he was in imminent danger because, “Respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me.” He and his daughter are staying at an undisclosed location.
He also filed a FAMILY LAW NOTICE OF NONDISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION FORM. Kaine filed an ex parte order that this CIF information not be made available to anyone else, including their attorney because a restraining order was in effect that protected Kaine from the opposing party, which, in this case, is Terri. We should remember ex parte motions from the Casey Anthony case. It is a situation where a request is made in which only one party (and not the adversary) appears before a judge.
The final document filed is the one that is rather interesting. The others were straight and to the point, but this one is asking for a special dispensation.

AFFIDAVIT OF COUNSEL RE: EX PARTE MOTION AND ORDER TO RESTRICT ACCESS TO FILE
The search for Kyron and the alleged murder plot are still open investigations. Of course, law enforcement had to know every detail of Kaine and Terri’s lives, and it looks to me like there are some things that should remain behind closed doors, so to speak.
Laura E. Rackner is Kaine’s attorney. She states that both litigants, Kaine and Terri, have a high profile existence, which they do now, and family relations which garner media attention. That sure is true today. Here’s where it gets tricky:

The disclosure of information pertaining to the parties’ family information and other matters involved in this proceeding [ongoing criminal investigation] will make the parties the target of further media and public scrutiny. The disclosure of this information will be detrimental to the petitioner and his privacy rights, and could affect the interests and privacy rights of other family members.
Those two sentences imply a lot, but it doesn’t stop there:

The information contained in the pleadings filed with the Court may be potentially embarrassing for the parties or for family members. It is likely that if public access to this file is allowed, this information will be disseminated in the media.
Well, well, what could this be all about?

This is a private family matter that should not be disseminated by the press and there is no public policy served by allowing public access to these records. Such access may be embarrassing to the parties, damaging to the family, and disruptive to the Court proceedings.
This Motion to Restrict Access to Court File says a lot, even by saying nothing at all. In earlier comments on another thread pertaining to this case, we discussed matters of privacy and how we project ourselves in public. The id is part of the psychic apparatus defined in Sigmund Freud’s model of the human psyche. According to Freud, the id is the set of uncoordinated instinctual trends. The ego is the organized, realistic part, and the super-ego plays the role of moralizing.
We have different personae depending on how comfortable we are with people. This is called the “I” person and the “me” person. When we meet someone for the first time, we tend to be on our best behavior. That is the “I” personality. If we continue to see that person, over time, we become more comfortable and less restrictive. We open up. That’s the “me” part. A man would, most likely, never belch on a first date, but he would down the road as he becomes more relaxed. What this illustrates are different levels of comfort. Everyone has rules regarding what they are willing to do and where they draw the line and they constantly change over time; be it style, politics, religion, and most certainly, private matters. As they grow together, they learn to adapt, and what was once unacceptable may become a norm. For example, a lifelong Baptist could one day embrace the Catholic faith because his mate wants him to convert. The same holds true in most walks of life, and we all have our own sets of mores that we constantly adjust.
What happens when this includes other areas of our lives, like what we do in the bedroom? There is probably nothing more embarrassing than for someone or something to open up our hamper of sexual behavior, dirty in the sense that what may be good for some geese might not be acceptable for others to take a gander at. Shocking! Rumors have been rampant regarding matters of what was going on behind the doors of certain households and private clubs around Portland, Oregon. Is it important that we find out? No, of course not, but part of that human psyche involves peeling away the curtains and poking around our neighborhoods, and with the advent of the Internet, the world is now our neighborhood. Humans are a curious lot and always ready for gossip. Just what is Kaine’s attorney asking to keep private? No one will say at the moment, but a buzz is in the air. Will we find out? Most likely, yes, because of our curious proclivities and also because Terri’s defense may want to use it against her estranged husband – to take away his innocence and place him on an even playing field in court. Why? People don’t like to be backed into corners, and that might be the way she feels right now.
That doesn’t mean we need to ask, because we might not like what we see. Personally, I’d rather leave the investigation in the capable hands of the Multnomah County Major Crimes Team. Let them come out swinging.
By the way, the title, Frink on Crime, is my nod to Blink on Crime, which was acknowledged as being helpful to the case.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron Horman's father recalls when marriage to Terri Horman began to sour   Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:49 am

Kyron Horman's father recalls when marriage to Terri Horman began to sour

Published: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 7:59 PM Updated: Friday, July 09, 2010, 6:28 AM

The Oregonian

]
View Beth Nakamura/The Oregonian

Kaine Horman, the father of Kyron Horman, said today during an interview with The Oregonian that "the pieces are going to fall into place at some point" in the effort to find his missing son.

The father of missing second-grader Kyron Horman said Thursday that his marriage to the boy's stepmom began to grow rocky after she gave birth to their little girl 19 months ago.

"I thought the marriage was doing pretty well," Kaine Horman said during a one-on-one interview with The Oregonian, "until we had our daughter, Kiara."

Horman declined to go into details about the fractured marriage to Terri Moulton Horman. But the 36-year-old software engineer said he believes what he wrote in a June 28 restraining order against his estranged wife: She tried to hire someone to kill him.

During a car ride Thursday a few miles from the elementary school where his 7-year-old son vanished on June 4, Horman said he agrees with detectives who have told him that the investigation into Kyron's disappearance will be a marathon rather than a sprint.

He hopes a few key pieces of information -- from tips or leads or something detectives track down -- will eventually break the case.

"I think we're certain that the pieces are going to fall into place at some point," he said.

Kaine and Kiara Horman moved out of their rural Multnomah County home on June 26. A couple of days later, Kaine filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order that forbids his wife from coming near him or their daughter.

A Multnomah County judge unsealed the restraining order Thursday, and Kaine's attorney filed a motion to amend it so that the court will force Terri Horman to vacate the home.

» Stories
» Photos
» Videos
» Timeline

"I believe respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron," Kaine Horman wrote. "I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me. The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."

Horman wrote that the attempted murder-for-hire plot occurred at the end of 2009.

Horman also has asked the court to hold an expedited hearing that would force his wife out of the house he bought on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road in January 2007, three months before he and Terri Horman got married in Hawaii.

In Thursday's interview, Horman said one reason he wants to move back into his house is to return his daughter to her normal surroundings. He and his daughter have been living in an undisclosed location.

"Part two is, we find Kyron, what are they gonna do, ship him off to our undisclosed location?" Horman said. "I mean, how homey is that gonna be for him when we find him?"

Circuit Judge Keith Meisenheimer set a hearing for July 22 in which Terri Horman will be ordered to show good reason why the court shouldn't make her move out of the house.

Terri Horman's lawyer, Stephen Houze, said this week that neither he nor Terri would comment on the murder-for-hire allegations, restraining order, divorce proceedings or ongoing investigation.

The restraining order unsealed Thursday requires Terri Horman to stay more than 500 feet from her husband or daughter, and not have any parenting time. She's also not to go to the Skyline School, Kaine's Intel office or his gym, The Edge in Beaverton. She's also restricted from entering her daughter's current or future day-care provider's location or school.

The judge also ordered Terri Horman not to possess any firearms.

Kyron Horman disappeared after spending time at a science fair at Skyline School in rural northwest Multnomah County. His stepmom was the last known person to have seen him. She told authorities that she brought Kyron to school that morning with his science fair exhibit and watched him walk toward his classroom about 8:45 a.m. before she left the school.

Although the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office has not identified a suspect or a person of interest in the boy's disappearance, investigators have clearly focused on Terri Horman in recent weeks.

On June 18, they began circulating fliers with her photo and a picture of the white truck she drove to and from the school on the day Kyron vanished.

About that time, investigators tracked down a landscaper who told authorities that Terri Horman had tried to pay him to kill her husband. Then on June 26, detectives sent the landscaper back to the Horman home to get taped corroboration of the alleged murder-for-hire plot.

The landscaper, fitted with a body wire, told Terri Horman he would tell police about her plan if she didn't pay him $10,000. But she cut off the conversation and called 9-1-1 to report "threats," records show.

The revelation of the alleged plot to kill Kaine Horman has helped widen the increasing split between Kyron's parents and Terri Horman.

That split became even more obvious later Thursday when he and Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, held a news conference at a Beaverton hotel.

During the news conference, Young said she has long suspected that Terri Horman has been involved in Kyron's disappearance.

Asked about her body language at the family's first public appearance June 11 -- at the time, she appeared stiff and closed her eyes tight when Terri Horman put her arm around Young's shoulder -- Young said she thought then that Horman was involved.

"Mothers have instincts," Young said, "and unfortunately I had feelings about this when I got the phone call."

She and Kaine Horman also said that Terri Horman has failed two polygraph tests and went on to make it clear they are upset with her.

"I'm so angry I don't even have words," Young told reporters. "I just really want her to do the right thing and I can't say it enough that Kyron is still out there and he needs to be home. It's extremely frustrating that she's not cooperating."

When asked how Terri Horman wasn't cooperating with investigators, Young said she wasn't "taking an active role in finding Kyron and telling the truth.

"I've known her a long time," Young said. "I know she's lying."

Kaine Horman added that he was upset about Terri occupying the family home, keeping him and his daughter out of it.

"Displacing a child for the comfort of an adult. I think we all have our opinions on how appropriate that is," he said.

Kyron's parents did not comment on the specifics of the investigation, but noticeably paused when asked if they thought someone else might be involved.

"We would like to speculate, but we really can't," Young said.

Investigators in the missing-child case are at a crossroads, focusing on Terri Horman while urging the public to keep an eye out for Kyron and pass them any tips that might help locate the boy.

But where does that leave Kaine Horman?

"It still puts me looking for my boy," he said. "It's our kids first, and everything else comes after. So Kyron, he's missing, he's in danger -- he's No. 1 priority. And after that, Kiara is No. 2 priority. And based on what I filed (in) the restraining order, we feel that she's possibly in danger. So we've got two children that are in bad places."

Horman, standing on a wooded road in Adidas running shoes, was stoic when considering his troubles.

"It's gotta happen to somebody," he said.

As a software engineer at Intel, Horman has been trained to break things down into pieces, compartmentalize and prioritize them.

"It's one piece at a time," he said. "If we address every piece emotionally, we'd go insane right now."

Horman, a former high school sprinter, said he holds things together by running a couple of miles a day, playing with his daughter and seeing a counselor once a week to talk about his situation.

He said he and Kyron's mother and stepfather have asked detectives not to give them any false hope as they investigate his disappearance.

"It was kind of something we all talked about together," he said. "Obviously, we're hopeful that this will come to a conclusion sometime soon."

Asked whether he has made any plans if detectives come to him with bad news, Horman pursed his lips and shook his head.

"No," he said.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Vigil For Kyron Horman To Be Held Friday Night   Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Vigil For Kyron Horman To Be Held Friday Night

POSTED: 12:16 pm PDT July 9, 2010
UPDATED: 12:29 pm PDT July 9, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A candlelight vigil for missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman will be held Friday night at Skyline School.

The vigil begins at 8 p.m. and candles will be lit at 8:30 p.m. at the school's "Wall of Hope."

People attending the vigil are asked to bring their own candle. Attendees should carpool if possible and avoid parking on Cornelius Pass Road, according to organizers.

Skyline School is located at 11536 Northwest Skyline Boulevard in rural northwest Portland.

Kyron has not been seen since he vanished from school on June 4. His disappearance is an active criminal investigation.

No suspects or persons of interest have been named, but Kyron's biological mother has suggested that his stepmother Terri Horman may be involved.

Sheriff's deputies said Terri Horman was the last person to see Kyron at school.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Did Terri Horman Harm Kyron? Did She Abduct Him Or Have Him Abducted? Will Anyone Ever Know?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:47 am

Did Terri Horman Harm Kyron? Did She Abduct Him Or Have Him Abducted? Will Anyone Ever Know???

Kyron At The Science Fair With His Project

From the very beginning of this case most people suspected that someone close to Kyron was responsible for his disappearance, as let’s face it, most of the time in these cases the child knew the person responsible. For the few that didn’t, they felt as though the school had dropped the ball, and Kyron could have wandered off or gotten himself in a predicament, in which he could have been trapped somewhere, and a few did think that he could have been abducted from the school by a stranger. This case has been all over the map from the very beginning. Some of us have considered every possibility. I know I have. Not long after Kyron went missing, the focus of most shifted to Terri Horman, Kyron’s stepmother. I have personally even considered some of the twists and turns that seemed to point to her, and I noticed, as did many that her expressions and behavior in the initial press conferences was not lining up with the rest of the family. She didn’t appear to cry as much, she had more of a scowl on her face, and less of a pleading look. She never spoke. She still is not speaking. She’s been labeled the “last person to see Kyron”, which made everyone point right at her.

Now, I have asked myself, a couple of questions in regards to that. Is she acting differently because she blames herself and she is to blame? Or is she blaming herself and maybe she’s not to blame, but feels responsible because she wished she could turn back the clock and do things differently? Lastly, is she standing there playing the game and hoping deep inside she’s not found out? I don’t think any of us can know what is going on in her mind, but the mind is a powerful thing and any of the 3 scenarios are possible.
Now in the beginning the family only spoke through law enforcement, and then only with law enforcement present. Now every time they speak it is either to rebut something law enforcement said, as they think the public misunderstood, or law enforcement later rebuts what they said and claims they did not release that information and nothing contained in their statements came from them. I see a disconnect. Why? Why is it that after the Sheriff said Terri has cooperated all along, did Desiree find it necessary to inform the public they misunderstood what he said? Why is it when no one knew what the 911 calls were about no one said a thing, but the minute the details were in print, along with the restraining order and lanscapergate, the family went on the defensive, and they made it a point to drive home again and again that Terri is lying and that she is basically selfish and did not help and Desiree felt from the beginning that something wasn’t right with her. She distanced herself from the rumors that she and Terri had been best friends and Terri had taken care of Kyron since he was a newborn, by letting us know that she did not even speak to Terri the first time until Kyron was 1 1/2 years old. Yet, she knows Terri, she really knows her and she’s lying and she has been all along. Why is it that according to Kaine the last time he saw Kyron he was telling him how proud he was of his science project, and that he promised him that when he came home from school he would play WII with him and possibly take him out for ice cream, yet Desiree and Tony said, when asked if they had plans that weekend that Terri was supposed to take Kyron after school and meet them about halfway between where both couples live (2 hours approximately from where Kaine and Terri lived), as Kyron was going to spend the weekend and Tony had a fishing trip planned with him?
Again law enforcement orchestrated and participated in all of the press conferences in the beginning, and now, if they say something the family goes and does press conferences, if information is released, the family does press conferences, and if the family says things based on the investigation that law enforcement did not put out there, they quickly respond. In regards to yesterday’s press conference:

“Multnomah County sheriff’s deputies had no comment on the information revealed in news conferences Thursday.A sheriff’s spokeswoman released a statement that said the information released “did not come from the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office. This is an ongoing investigation.”No news conferences were scheduled by the sheriff’s office.”

http://www.kptv.com/news/24197226/detail.html
I understand the family wants Kyron found. I understand the family wants the tips to keep rolling in. What I don’t understand is why they are going from media outlet to media outlet in the past 24 hours. They have talked to almost every local media outlet, been on the Today Show, Good Morning America, and talked to CNN, in addition to their press conference yesterday. They said in the press conference yesterday that slowly they were easing back in to normal life, yet I don’t think that would be normal. Again, I understand that they want to keep Kyron’s face out there, but I think this has become more than that. I think law enforcement shared some info of some possibilities with them, and Kaine first, and then Desiree and Tony followed suit, acted on it. The problem is law enforcement set Terri up and it didn’t pan out. Did they get it wrong? If they did, they need to have a firm sit down with the family, because the family is now on a witch hunt for Terri. What if the landscaper didn’t pan out, and what he claimed was false? If that is a possibility, then I think law enforcement needs to get a hold of the family and make them understand this. Kaine’s latest claims:
When The Marriage Began To Sour
All the latest claims:
Today Show Interview
Good Morning America Interview
GMA was a preview of what’s to come on Nightline:
Nightline Promo
From The Oregonian
The Oregonian article is really interesting because they describe Terri’s behavior in the early stages of the investigation. I wonder how much the media is paying these people for all of these interviews??? You know they do. Maybe not for every one, but they do, period.
If Terri had postpartum depression so bad, then why was it that Kaine, Desiree and Tony were too busy pursuing their careers to take some of the pressure off? Why didn’t they have more concern for the children? If she was so bad the doctor had her on medication, and Kaine was told to watch her, I would think that would be a good indication that they should have all 3 stepped up to the plate then. If Desiree has such wonderful motherly instincts, then why did she give her newborn up to his father? No good mother gives her child up as a newborn. Now she was supposedly ill, and had to go to Canada for treatment, but all the more reason to keep your child with you and enlist the help of your parents, siblings, friends, and sometimes his father, but if she thought her life was on the line,……..Wouldn’t she want to have some bond with her child? Kaine had custody of Kyron almost his entire life. Desiree claims they shared him, but “shared custody” allots for a primary custodial parent, and basically the other parent is the “non custodial” parent. They have more visitation and say so over the child than if the custodial parent had sole custody, but not much. She divorced Kaine and Kaine had custody of Kyron from the time he was a newborn. I don’t believe these people are as tight-knit as they want the public to believe. I believe they have guilt, as would almost any parent, and they are as Desiree put it, now ANGRY, and they are going after, with a vengeance the one person they believe cops have fingered. Do I think Terri is responsible? It’s very possible. It’s also very possible that she may be involved, and it is also very possible that she didn’t do anything, but fail to walk Kyron all the way to the classroom door.
There have been many rumors in this case, based on “sources”. “Sources” are either wrong or right. If they are wrong, the information is out there and never retracted. The cell phone pings, some still talk about that, yet law enforcement said they never released any information on cell phone pings, and that they searched the nearby island based on the location and that the family frequented it, and Kyron liked to go there. They said they searched many locations in the surrounding area of the school. So if Terri being on that island did not come from law enforcement, then it could be a rumor, and it may not be true. Hittn’ the gym on Terri’s facebook turned her into a monster from the get go. People couldn’t believe that she would do that with Kyron missing. She’s a former body builder, and that could have been a stress release, if law enforcement would not allow them to search. What would you have them do? What is your stress release? A hot bath? Would you take one if your child was missing and you were not allowed to aide in the search? Kaine is a member of that gym and I have read he went with her to that gym at that time. Did he catch hell for it? I don’t blame them for that, nor should anyone else. I could go on and on, but I would like to pose a question……… If a woman is going to kill her stepchild…….Would it make sense to load up his science project, take him to school to set it up, participate in the science fair, take a picture, and then sneak out with him to do the dastardly deed? Or would it make more sense for her to just take him out and kill him and call him missing? I would think the latter. If Terri did away with Kyron by handing him off to someone or killing him that morning, I don’t see how she could have faced Kaine or even gone to the bus stop with him, much less go through those press conferences. Casey Anthony could not even face her parents after outing Caylee. She hid from them. That would mean that Terri would have to be colder and more evil than Casey Anthony. Casey had been stealing and lying on level that was unbelievable, since before she ever had Caylee. Her behavior was bad for years. Terri had a DUI in 2005, before she had Kiara, before she was even pregnant. You can have a couple of glasses of wine or a couple of beers and be over the legal limit. There was no other criminal behavior, except that and her oldest son was in the car with her so she was investigated and charged for putting him at risk. If a person has nothing to eat and drinks a couple of drinks their blood alcohol level would be higher, than if they ate. I’m not endorsing that she did that, in fact that goes against my grain, but I’m just saying, she may not have been falling down drunk, and may not have considered herself drunk, which is a misconception with the public, the legal limit does not gauge on whether or not a person is drunk. Kaine is saying she was having outbursts after the birth of their daughter. Again, why leave the kids with her? Was she stealing and lying and acting crazy? Or was she just acting depressed? Depression would be understandable after having a child, and is fairly normal in a woman who is struggling with her out of shape body after giving birth. I would think it would be even harder in a person who was a former body builder. Most people that are depressed do not kill people, they are usually more of a danger to themselves.
Why doesn’t Terri make a statement? If she were innocent she would be talking. Really? If she were innocent and she were talking she would be ripped a part because the court of public opinion has tried and convicted her along with her husband, and the cops got nothing out of it. Remember she was making comments on one of the news outlet’s websites, and the news outlet revealed it was her, and made a big story out of it, and all she said was things like give the family a break, don’t judge before you know all of the facts and put yourself in their shoes. Was that incriminating? I truly hope they can back up what has been put out there, because if Kyron is found to have been stranger abducted, or met with some unfortunate accident from wandering off, or someone else in his family has done this and is railroading her, there will be some serious law suits, and rightfully so. If she is guilty, then I think law enforcement and the family have screwed up royally. She will never talk now. This was played all wrong. Trying someone in the court of public opinion if you are trying to get them to talk, will not work. Terri was approached by reporters today :
Attempts To Ask Terri Questions
I don’t blame her for not responding, she’s already been tried and judged guilty in the court of public opinion, so she has the right to remain silent as anything she says or does will be used against her, even any expression she makes.
Has anyone asked the question……Why was Kyron wearing a CSI shirt that day? That stands for crime scene investigator, or investigation, depending on how it’s used. Caylee was wearing a shirt that said Big Trouble Comes In Small Packages when she met her fate. Many have speculated that meant something. Did Kyron pick that shirt out that morning, or was it selected for him? Did he like to investigate things? As most little boys do. Could he have wandered off? Could someone be playing a sick game? Or in effect sending a message?
Just a little reminder of the sensationalism and spin that is out there, and you should be very careful what you believe. It’s very easy for things to be painted in just a bit different light. Here is just one more example:

“Kyron Horman’s parents are now pointing the finger at the stepmom, saying there is ZERO chance she is NOT involved!”

**Niecey456
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron Horman Missing and Endangered: Kaine Horman Points A Finger Directly At Terri Horman   Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:52 am

Kyron Horman Missing and Endangered: Kaine Horman Points A Finger Directly At Terri Horman

Posted by Blink | Blink, Kaine Horman, Kyron Horman, Missing Child, Missing and Endangered, Stephen Houze, Terri Horman |

Friday 9 July 2010 4:52 am

“I believe respondent (Terri) is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron who has been missing since June 4, 2010”

The grim words of Kaine Horman as they appeared in the restraining order filed against his estranged wife, Terri Moulton Horman, were unsealed yesterday.
It was the start of developments beginning to weave a portrait of Terri Horman, from the eyes of her husband and Kyron Horman’s biological Mother, Desiree Young.
“I thought the marriage was doing pretty well,” Kaine Horman said during a one-on-one interview with The Oregonian, “until we had our daughter, Kiara.”
Declining to elaborate, rumors of Terri Horman suffering from bouts of post partum depression following the birth of the couples 19 month old daughter have been swirling since the case began.

Yesterday’s press conference with Kyron’s parents, Kaine and Desiree left no doubt they believe Terri is involved with Kyron’s disappearance, and confirmed what has been reported exclusively on blinkoncrime.com previously:Terri Horman failed both polygraph tests administered during the investigation.
“I have known Terri a long time, and I know she is lying.” She went on to say she had her suspicions from the onset of the phone call she received alerting her that Kyron was missing.
Curiously, famed Portland attorney Stephen Houze, retained by Terri Horman June 28th, known for his Public*Relations*Prowess, would not comment on the divorce, custody, or criminal investigation involving his client.
Although Terri Horman had 5 days to respond to object to the restraining order which denies her any visitation with the couples daughter, there was no response filed on her behalf in family court.
It is this editors opinion that was a calculated move on her part NOT to have to answer to the allegations of Kaine’s petition which could then be used against her in a criminal proceeding.
Last evening, an amendment was filed to the restraining order to force Terri Horman from the marital residence, which was purchased in Kaine Horman’s name in December 2006.
Speaking to blinkoncrime.com on the condition of anonymity, sources inside the investigation have confirmed that the detectives sting on the grounds of the Horman home, where a landscaper believed to have been in a romantic relationship with Terri Horman requested $10,000 for an alleged murder for hire plot, may have impeded the investigation.

“The climate was one where their hand was forced. They had the guy saying one thing, and when they said “prove it”, they felt they would be arresting her on at least the solicitation charge.
Did it backfire? Uh, yes, in a way, because for one– nobody gets paid ten grand for killing a live guy.. For two, she did not flinch, and between the two of them at the time she called 911, she looked more credible. It was an uncomfortable situation for detectives to have to explain to the patrol.
I think they are desperate to resolve this case, but I do not think Terri will be the first to be arrested, I think the landscaper may be arrested tomorrow. They are going to need a pretty solid case to get him to flip if she was involved, which it looks clear that she was. Our prosecutors use a grand jury in lieu of a preliminary hearing almost, so I would bet that is going on behind the scenes..”

**BlinkOnCrime
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: 200 attend candlelight vigil for Kyron Horman at Skyline School   Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:42 am

200 attend candlelight vigil for Kyron Horman at Skyline School

Published: Friday, July 09, 2010, 11:21 PM Updated: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 2:39 PM

Michael Russell, The Oregonian
Follow

Enlarge Arkasha Stevenson, The Oregonian Desiree Young, (right) mother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, is comforted by a friend during a vigil Friday night at Skyline School in rural Northwest Portland, where the second-grader vanished June 4. Kyronâ??s father, Kaine Horman, also was among about 200 people attending the vigil. Arkasha Stevenson/The Oregonian Vigil for Kyron Horman gallery (5 photos)

• Parents Kaine Horman and Desiree Young were among more than 200 people who attended a vigil Friday night for missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman

The event was held under a brilliant pink and blue sunset at Skyline School, the last place Kyron was seen by his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, June 4.

Participants listened to a prayer and songs, lit candles and wrote notes on the Wall of Hope for Kyron Horman -- a balloon-covered chain link fence turned memorial.

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton was also present. He comforted Kaine Horman with a hug as he left the school.

-- Michael Russell
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Exclusive plot-to-kill story puts sourcing in the spotlight   Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:48 am

Exclusive plot-to-kill story puts sourcing in the spotlight

Published: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 10:00 AM Updated: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 2:42 PM

Peter Bhatia, The Oregonian

Peter Bhatia
The Editor's Column: It was an interesting way to start the week. On Monday, a four-minute voice mail arrived from someone critical of our story last Sunday that broke the news about Terri Moulton Horman's purported attempt to hire a landscaper to kill her husband. The caller was upset that the story didn't include named sources for the landscaper's allegations.

In principle, I agree with the caller, although it won't take four minutes to explain. The use of anonymous sources should be severely restricted, and The Oregonian rarely uses them. As is the case with the vast majority of newspapers not in Washington, D.C., keeping sources on the record is the way we typically do our work. Readers are entitled to know where information is coming from, and transparency is a key element of good journalism. But sometimes the public interest and benefit tips the balance to using such sources. Sometimes it is the only way to get a story of significant interest. The report last Sunday was one of those cases.

The story about the story starts with a great reporter, Maxine Bernstein -- everyone here calls her Max. She knows everyone and everything about law enforcement in Portland. She heard about the plot to kill Kaine Horman and that it was part of documents a court had sealed (the details of which were released Thursday -- affirming her story). She found the landscaper, and she confirmed independently what she had initially heard. All the conversations were required to be off the record, and she, quite understandably, told the landscaper she would not use his name. Reporters guard their sources zealously, and rightly so. In fact, many states (including Oregon) have shield laws protecting a reporter's right to keep sources confidential. The ability to hear candidly from insiders who have reasons to protect their identities can be an important tool in serious newsgathering. Otherwise, there would just be a stream of "no comments."

By the time Max started writing last Friday night, there was no doubt for any of us involved (her editor, the paper's managing editors and myself) that she had the story, she had it right, she had it verified by more than one source and that it needed to be published. People -- like the caller -- can disagree. The caller's points were really twofold -- the report was "tabloid-y," not befitting a serious newspaper, and it unfairly tainted Terri Horman. There's no doubt that all of us following the case of Kyron Horman's disappearance are craving more information. A month after the fact, it remains very much on our minds. The sudden departure of Kaine Horman and the couple's child from their home, plus the granting of a restraining order, raised many questions. Max answered those questions authoritatively and accurately. Max tried to get a response from Terri Horman's lawyer, but multiple attempts failed. Another reporter knocked on the door of the family home seeking a response from Terri the night of July 3 but was told no one could speak to her. In the end, the actions of law enforcement, the courts, the landscaper and the Horman family speak for themselves. Once Max had the story nailed down, our job was to tell it.

The Oregonian was spearheading a media coalition trying via legal means to get the sealed information released. Our partners included The Associated Press, OPB, KATU, KGW, KPTV and KOIN, and KXL radio. With all respect to law enforcement's need to conduct an investigation, such a sealing is extremely uncommon. Our paper often spends the money to go to court to get documents and information released that are in the public's interest. The group in this case asked the state Supreme Court to overturn the local judge, but Max's reporting ultimately made further legal action unnecessary.

One more thought about Max. She did something out of character last week, stepping into the spotlight and agreeing to some national TV interviews, a reflection that Kyron is still on the nation's mind, not just ours locally. Her brothers back East were particularly excited that she was on "Larry King Live" on CNN Wednesday. Max is the kind of reporter who is content to break story after story and let her journalism do the talking. Reporters who can dig, dig and dig some more and with the kind of expertise Max brings are what make newspaper journalism special. She is relentless, she is thorough and she is fair. All of us at the paper are really fortunate to call her a colleague. As readers, I hope you appreciate having her as your eyes and ears.

It is frustrating for us to hear our original work, such as Max's story, repeated on TV and radio as if it were that station's original reporting. Unfortunately, it happens every day. To be fair, numerous stations, websites and other media outlets did the right thing and attributed the exclusive story to The Oregonian. This was the right thing to do if for no other reason that our story relied on anonymous sources that could not be independently confirmed. But it was also the right thing to do in terms of giving credit where credit is due. We understand that who did what story when is of little consequence to readers or viewers; you just want the news. Our practice (and we're not perfect, either) is if we can't report independently what someone else has reported, we will attribute it. To be clear, that means reporting independently -- not just calling up a source and asking if the story was correct. There is a difference, one that the best -- like Max Bernstein -- understand well.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Breaking news: Is Kyron Horman alive in Charleston W-VA?   Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:36 am

Breaking news: is Kyron Horman alive in Charleston W-VA?
July 10, 11:54 PMNashville Crime Examiner

Kyron Horman Missing Child
If you have any info call: 503-261-2847

Is the missing Portland Oregon second grader Kyron Horman alive in Charleston West Virginia? Adrian Mosby of WOWKTV is reporting that there was a possible sighting of the missing child at Advance Auto Parts on the west side of Charleston late Saturday night.
The FBI told the police there in Charleston West Virginia to be on the look out for Kyron Horman (pictured above) as well as to be on the look out for a 94 silver Ford van with no windows.
Kyron Horman vanished from his Elementary school in Portland Oregon after his stepmom Terri Horman, dropped him off.
Terri Horman has came under intense suspicion since she lied to police regarding her whereabouts that day, and because she has failed 2 polygraphs and walked out on the third polygraph.
Furthermore, Kyron's biological parents Kaine Horman and Desiree Young, have been vocal lately concerning their suspicions that Terri Horman could be involved.
Terri Horman allegedly tried to have her husband, the father of Kyron killed, which lead to Kaine filing for divorce, moving out and getting a restraining order against his soon-to-be ex wife.
But now that there has been a possible sighting of Kyron Horman in Charleston West Virginia, has all the focus been on the wrong person? Regardless, Kyron Horman is missing and it is crucial that the public keep an eye out.
KYRON HORMAN INFO:
Sex: Male
Hair: Brown
Height: 3'8"
Eyes: Blue
Weight: 50 pounds
Race: White
THE DETAILS
Kyron Richard Horman has been missing from Skyline Elementary School in Portland, Oregon, since June 4, 2010. He was last seen that morning after attending a science fair at the school.

REMARKS
Kyron was last seen wearing a black T-shirt with the letters "CSI" in green and a handprint graphic on it, black cargo pants, white socks, and black Skechers sneakers with orange trim. He wears metal framed glasses.

If you have any information call: 503/261-2847
SOURCE: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/horman_kr.htm
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Sources: Someone else may know what happened to Kyron   Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Sources: Someone else may know what happened to Kyron
("")

by Colin Miner and Michael Rollins, KGW.com staff

NWCN.com

Posted on July 11, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Updated today at 12:13 PM
Related:

PORTLAND -- Investigators believe someone other than Terri Moulton Horman may know what happened to Kyron Horman,
sources told KGW on Saturday.

The sources declined to characterize anyone who has that information, including when and how the details of the disappearance may have been passed along. But Terri may not be alone in knowing, the sources said.

In court records released last week, Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, said that investigators told him that they have probable cause to believe that Kyron's stepmother Terri was involved in his disappearance.

Sources also told KGW Saturday that investigators have been creating a detailed timeline of what Terri did the day her stepson disappeared.

While Terri Horman has said she was in certain locations, investigators have placed her elsewhere using bank card records and cell phone pings, according to sources.

Investigators know that she left Skyline Elementary School around 9 a.m. on the day her stepson disappeared and returned home about 1 p.m. But they are trying to fill gaps that opened up from what she told them.

Last week KGW reported that investigators have been using Terri Horman's cell phone and email records to see who she was in contact with just before and after the disappearance of Kyron.

The question whether more than one person was involved in Kyron's disappearance came up last week in interviews with Kaine Horman and Kyron's mother, Desiree.

Desiree told CNN that she believes that someone in addition to Terri Horman was involved in her son's disappearance
and that Terri did not act alone.

"I don't think so," Desiree said, "Honestly, she didn't take out a contract on her husband alone, so I think she
would need help.

Desiree was making reference to a murder-for-hire plot that came out in restraining order documents made public.
The documents said Terri had tried to convince a landscaper late in 2009 to kill Kaine.
On Thursday, Kaine and Desiree spoke openly and candidly both during a press conference and in one-on-one interviews with media outlets.
Both said they have come to the conclusion that Terri was capable of harming the seven-year-old.
"When I look in her eyes, I'm not confident that she couldn't do something," Desiree told Kate Snow of NBC's 'Dateline.'

Kaine said "I think anything is possible based on what's gone on in the past few weeks."
Raw video: Parents believe Terri capable of harm
"I've known her a long time," Desiree said, "I know she's lying."

She drove home the point, saying "mothers have instincts and unfortunately I had feelings about this when I got the phone call," about Kyron's disappearance from Skyline grade school on June.
Raw video: Desiree describes call from Skyline
Kaine said that when he learned of a murder-for-hire plot, "I didn't believe it at first."

"It wasn't something I could wrap my head around," Kaine told NBC.

But even by the time he learned of the murder conspiracy, Kaine and Desiree had suspicions about Terri. "We were at that point before then," Kaine said.
Police have not identified Terri Horman as a suspect or person of interest.
In the interview, they again expressed hope that Kyron would be coming home. When asked if investigators have provided them information to have confidence that Kyron was alive, Kaine said yes. He declined to provide specifics.

Desiree said she and Kaine both passed polygraph tests "with flying colors." Kaine said Terri did not pass either of the two tests she took.
Sources confirmed to KGW that Terri not only flunked the two tests but walked out of one between the two, before the questioning even began
Desiree Young described Terri's behavior and participation "is ridiculous at this point." She said Terri "is not taking an active role" in finding Kyron.

Kaine explained that he asked the court to remove Terri from their home because Kyron deserves to come to his own room, not a "safe house" somewhere else.

Kaine's parents emphasized that they wanted to keep the focus on finding Kyron and bringing him home.

"Kyron's still missing that's what's important," said Kaine. "It (the murder-for-hire plot) will be dealt with later in a different venue, right now it's not important."

Meantime, Kaine and Desiree continue to try and get out their message, hoping Kyron sees it.

"Don't be afraid," Desiree said to Kyron, "We're going to come get you. You're coming home."

"I believe God is looking down over Kyron and protecting him," she said.
Complete Coverage: Search for Kyron Horman
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Nothing unusual about West Va police checking alleged Kyron Horman sighting, FBI says   Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:40 am

Nothing unusual about West Virginia police checking alleged Kyron Horman sighting, FBI says

Published: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 6:05 PM
Updated: Monday, July 12, 2010, 6:33 AM

Allan Brettman, The Oregonian

» Stories
» Photos
» Videos
» Timeline

An FBI spokeswoman this morning played down the significance of Charleston, W. Va., authorities checking out a tip that Kyron Horman was seen in the area.

As it turns out, Charleston police stopped a 1994 silver Ford van with no windows. A boy in the van was not Kyron, according to a story posted Saturday evening by WOWK in Charleston.

According to the television news report, the FBI had earlier notified the area's emergency 911 dispatchers to issue an alert that law enforcement officers should be on the lookout for the boy.

Nothing unusual here, said Beth Anne Steele, an FBI spokeswoman in Portland.

"We know of the alleged sighting," Steele said. "We of course check out all alleged sightings."

Steele said she did not know of any other sightings in the Horman case since he was reported missing June 4 after not returning home on a school bus from Skyline School in Northwest Portand.

The sighting in Charleston, that turned out not to be Kyron, "is very typical of a missing child case that attracts national attention," Steele said.

Phone and email messages to the Charleston, W. Va., and Kanawha County (W. Va.) Sheriff's Office, were not returned this morning.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Kyron Horman's stepmom won't contest her husband's push to have her leave their home; new documents allege sexual relationship   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Kyron Horman's stepmom won't contest her husband's push to have her leave their home; new documents allege sexual relationship

Published: Monday, July 12, 2010, 12:35 PM Updated: Monday, July 12, 2010, 3:30 PM

View full sizeAndrew Burton/The OregonianTerri Moulton Horman, shown here at a news conference in June, has decided not to contest a court filing that will force her to leave the family's home on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road.

Terri Moulton Horman won't contest her husband's request that she be ordered by the court to move out of their Northwest Sheltered Nook Road house and not return, nor the restraining order she faces, according to her attorney's court filing today.

In an additional filing today, Kaine Horman's attorney alleges Terri Horman is now involved in an intimate and sexual relationship with her husband's childhood friend, saying the sexual nature of the relationship began four days after Kaine Horman left their house.

It also accuses Terri Horman of trying to grab her daughter, Kiara, from a daycare at her husband's gym, just before she was served with a restraining order preventing her from any contact with the 20-month-old girl.

Kaine Horman's lawyer Laura Rackner asked that the court impose "remedial" sanctions against Terri Horman, claiming she disclosed information that had been sealed in the restraining order to one or more unauthorized parties.

The filing says Terri Horman disclosed sections of the restraining order, at the time it was still sealed by the court, to a man named Michael Cook, Kaine Horman's high school friend.

The filing alleges Terri Horman is now involved in an intimate and sexual relationship with Cook, saying the sexual nature of the relationship began four days after Kaine Horman left their house.

Authorities found evidence that Terri Horman and Cook were "sexting" on or after June 30. Cook went to high school with Kaine Horman, the document says.

"Law enforcement has informed petitioner that the materials supporting this relationship that have been obtained and clarified by interviews with Mr. Cook include hundreds of text messages as well as several photographs of respondent in various stages of undress and graphic sexual activity," the filing says.

Terri Horman asked Cook to lie to her own attorney and others about the fact she had gone to Cook's home, the filing says.

The filing further suggests that Terri Horman made similar overtures to the landscaper who she tried to hire to kill her husband.

"Law enforcement has informed petitioner's attorney that respondent's stated personal relationship concerns and sexual overtures to Mr. Cook resemble those made to the man respondent previously attempted to hire to murder petitioner,'' Rackner wrote.

It says Terri Horman allowed Cook to take cellphone photos of the restraining order and obtained the undisclosed address of Kaine Horman and his daughter. Of particular concern to Kaine Horman is that authorities found a cell phone photo on Cook's phone was taken of Kaine Horman's current address, and authorities found a Google Maps search of the address performed by Cook.

"Mr. Cook told law enforcement when interviewed that he got the address from the paperwork, that he did an internet maps search for the address but never went to petitioner's listed residence,'' the filing says.

The filing also says Terri Horman came to the gym daycare center where her daughter Kiara was while her dad was working out on June 28 – the same day, but before Terri was served with a restraining order – looking to "abduct" her daughter. It says Terri Horman asked the gym's clerk to contact her if Kaine Horman came to the gym with their daughter. The clerk informed the manager, who then informed law enforcement, the filing says.

Kaine Horman is seeking sanctions against his wife, ranging from a $500 fine to confinement for being in contempt of court. His attorney asks the court to set a date for a hearing on the matter.

"Due to the ongoing investigation pertaining to the disappearance of petitioner's son Kyron, respondent's attempt to hire someone to murder petitioner, and the media and public interest in this high profile matter, petitioner believes that it is important for access to this information to be restricted in order to protect the safety and privacy of the minor children and petitioner," Kaine's attorney, Rackner, wrote in a filing today.

A judge had set a show-cause hearing for July 22 on Kaine Horman's request to kick his wife out of their home, but Stephen Houze, Horman's criminal defense attorney, filed a letter with the court today saying the hearing would not be necessary, according to court records.

In his letter, Houze said Terri Horman would not be contesting any of the matters before the court, including a restraining order that prevents her from any parenting time with her daughter, Kiara.

Kaine Horman had asked the court to hold an expedited hearing to force his wife out of his house.

Kaine Horman argued in court papers that their daughter, Kiara, now 20 months old, has lived at their home on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road since she was born, and it would be in his children's best interest to live in the home they grew up in. Kaine Horman is listed as the sole owner of the rural home. He bought the house in January 2007, three months before he and Terri got married in Hawaii.

"Petitioner believes it is important for Kiara to be back in the family residence in order to provide her with stability and consistency," Kaine Horman's lawyer, Laura Rackner wrote, in a motion to modify the restraining order last week. "Petitioner believes it will be important for Kyron to be back in the family residence once he is located in order to provide him with stability and consistency."

» Stories
» Photos
» Videos
» Timeline

Terri Horman is the stepmom of Kyron Horman, the 7-year-old boy missing since he was last seen at Skyline School on June 4.

Kaine Horman left the house with their daughter Kiara on June 26 after investigators alerted him that Terri Horman had solicited her landscaper to kill him in an alleged murder-for-hire plot six to seven months before Kyron's disappearance.

In court papers seeking a restraining order against his wife, Kaine Horman said he believes his wife is involved in the disappearance of his son, 7-year-old Kyron Horman.

Terri Horman has not been charged with any crime. The investigation into the boy's disappearance is ongoing.

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young, Kyron's mom, who have been answering media questions the past several weeks and holding news conferences, released a statement Sunday, saying they would not be talking this week.

Kaine Horman's statement Sunday said this: "Hello Everyone - Our focus continues to be fully on the investigation and finding Kyron. All indications are that law enforcement obligations will be heavy in the coming week. As a result, we are sorry that we cannot schedule any media meetings. We really apologize for the change but, as always, our priority is keeping our energy and available time focused on the search and both of those things will be in short supply next week. We will keep you updated immediate on any changes. Thank you for everything you have done.''
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Court Doc: Kaine wants Terri horman held in contempt, accused of sexual affair   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Court doc: Kaine wants Terri Horman held in contempt, accused of sexual affair

Court doc: Kaine wants Terri Horman held in contempt, accused of sexual affair

by David Krough, Kyle Iboshi and Colin Miner, KGW.com Staff

kgw.com

Posted on July 12, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Updated today at 3:38 PM
Related:

PORTLAND, Ore. -- KGW has learned that the father of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman filed papers Monday to have his estranged wife held in contempt of court, accusing her of violating a restraining order against her. The document also details an alleged sexual affair with one of her husband's high school classmates, and a reported attempt to "abduct" the couple's young daughter Kiara.
In documents obtained by KGW, Kaine Horman's attorney asked a judge to hold Terri Moulton Horman in contempt of court for showing a then-sealed restraining order to Michael Cook.
READ: Court motion for contempt charge
The filing alleges that Terri took the restraining order to Cook's home, where she showed him the document and allowed him to take cell phone photos of the document, which included Kaine's new address. The filing also states that a police search of Cook's phone found that Cook had done a Google search to map the new address.
In the motion, it was alleged Terri also exchanged hundred of text messages with Cook and several photographs of graphic sexual activity since June 30. Cook was a high school friend of Kaine Horman.
Cook denies sexual relations
In an interview with KGW on Monday, Cook admitted that he had used his cell phone to photograph the sealed restraining order, and that he had engaged in "sexting" with Terri Horman.
Cook also admitted having "inappropriate communication" with Terri Horman but he denied having sexual relations with her. "I never slept with her," Cook told KGW.
Cook did admit that he had Googled Kaine Horman's new address on his cell phone.
"She wanted to find out where Kiara was," Cook told KGW.
"I'm a pretty straight shooter," said Cook. "I didn't have sex with her."

Gym worker: Terri tried to "abduct" Kiara
In addition, the court filing stated that a clerk at a gym frequented by the Horman's said Terri came there on about June 28, before the restraining order was in place, and tried to “abduct” Kiara Harmon, in the words of the gym worker. Terri reportedly asked specifically when Kaine was there working out and to let her know the next time he appeared. The clerk told the manager what happened and the manager then contacted police.
Similarities to Murder-for-Hire plot
Monday's court filing also stated that police had told Kaine that Terri's "sexual overtures to Mr. Cook resemble those made to the man Respondent (Terri Horman) attempted to hire to murder Petitioner (Kaine)."
In the original restraining order filing, Kaine stated that police had told him Terri had tried to hire a landscaper to kill Kaine. MORE: Murder-for-hire-plot

Terri Horman agrees to move out
Earlier Monday, Terri Horman agreed to voluntarily move out of the family's Northwest Portland home. Kaine Horman had filed an addendum to his restraining order to compel her to move out, and a hearing on that request had been scheduled for July 22. DETAILS: Terri agrees to leave house
Kyron disappeared on June 4 from Skyline Elementary Kyron's parents over the weekend put off all media contact for the week in anticipation of what they called "heavy" obligations by investigators on the case.
FULL COVERAGE: Search for Kyron Horman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KYRON HORMAN: MISSING ENDANGERED CHILD   

Back to top Go down

KYRON HORMAN: MISSING ENDANGERED CHILD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next