LOVE AND PROTECT ALL CHILDREN

A discussion of children, their welfare, well being and lives. We must protect them, they are our future.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

HALEIGH CUMMINGS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin Faces More Years In Prison   Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Misty Croslin Faces More Years In Prison

Additional Sentence For Missing Putnam County Girl's Former Stepmother

POSTED: Monday, January 10, 2011
UPDATED: 10:40 am EST January 10, 2011

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Misty Croslin, the teenager who was the last person to see 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings before the girl disappeared in February 2009, will be sentenced Monday afternoon on more drug charges.
Croslin, who is already serving 25 years in prison on a charge of trafficking oxycodone in St. Johns County, is scheduled to be sentenced on seven drug trafficking charges in Putnam County at 1:30 p.m. She could face up 30 years in prison for each count.
Prosecutors said she could qualify for a reduced sentence as a youthful offender, since she was 17 at the time of the crime. That could reduce her sentence to between six and 25 years.
Croslin; Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings; Misty's brother, Hank Croslin Jr.; and two others were arrested in January 2010 in an undercover sting and charged with selling prescription drugs in January.
Prosecutors released surveillance videos they said shows undercover drug deals involving Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings.

Last summer, Misty's attorney, Robert Fields, told the judge that a "landslide of evidence," including the undercover video, led to her to plead no contest to the St. Johns County charges.
Misty Croslin is the last of the five arrested to be sentenced. Ronald Cummings and Hank Croslin Jr. both received 15-year sentences.
During the October sentencing hearing, Croslin told Judge Wendy Berger that she was raped between the ages of 7 and 14 by two people while she was taking care of her great-grandmother. She said that while Ronald Cummings was rough with her, it was an upgrade in her life and she loved him.
During her sentencing hearing, Croslin's lawyer tried to point out that his client was set up in the drug deal. He said investigators just wanted to get her in jail to get information in the Haleigh case.

"God will take care of my daughter," Croslin's mother, Lisa, said outside of court after the sentencing St. Johns County sentencing. Croslin testified that she was a bad mother, and said her daughter had been raped and assaulted several times as a child.
"I feel it was a decision that was made the way it was made because she really knows better to do that, and when she gets out, she will know what to do the next time around," Hollars said.
Authorities have maintained that the drug charges have no connection to the ongoing investigation of Haleigh's disappearance, which they now consider a homicide case.
Haleigh was 5 years old when she vanished from her home in Satsuma, in southern Putnam County. Croslin, who was Ronald's girlfriend when Haleigh disappeared, married and divorced him within six months.
Even with little to no physical evidence, deputies are treating Haleigh's disappearance as a homicide, and investigators have continued questioning the Croslins while in jail hoping to learn new information.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin's 2nd Sentence 25 years   Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Misty Croslin's 2nd Sentence 25 Years

Putnam County Sentence To Be Served Concurrent With St. Johns Sentence

UPDATED: 2:51 pm EST January 10, 2011

PALATKA, Fla. -- Misty Croslin, the teenager who was the last person to see 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings before the girl disappeared in February 2009, has been sentenced to 25 years on drug charges from Putnam County.

The time will be served concurrently with the 25-year sentence she is already serving on a St. Johns County conviction of trafficking in oxycodone.
In addition to the prison time, Croslin will receive five years of probation, a $1.25 million fine and mandatory drug rehabilitation.
Croslin could have faced up seven years on each of seven drug trafficking charges she pleaded guilty to last year.
Croslin; Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings; brother, Hank Croslin Jr.; and two others were arrested in January 2010 in an undercover sting and charged with selling prescription drugs in January.

Prosecutors released surveillance videos they said shows undercover drug deals involving Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings.

Last summer, Croslin's attorney, Robert Fields, told the judge that a "landslide of evidence," including the undercover video, led to her to plead no contest to the St. Johns County charges.
Misty Croslin is the last of the five arrested to be sentenced. Ronald Cummings and Hank Croslin Jr. both received 15-year sentences.
During the October sentencing hearing, Croslin told Judge Wendy Berger that she was raped between the ages of 7 and 14 by two people while she was taking care of her great-grandmother. She said that while Ronald Cummings was rough with her, it was an upgrade in her life and she loved him.
During the St. Johns County sentencing hearing, Croslin's lawyer tried to point out that his client was set up in the drug deal. He said investigators just wanted to get her in jail to get information in the Haleigh case.

Authorities have maintained that the drug charges have no connection to the ongoing investigation of Haleigh's disappearance, which they now consider a homicide case.
Haleigh was 5 years old when she vanished from her home in Satsuma, in southern Putnam County. Croslin, who was Ronald's girlfriend when Haleigh disappeared, married and divorced him within six months.
Even with little to no physical evidence, deputies are treating Haleigh's disappearance as a homicide, and investigators have continued questioning the Croslins while in jail hoping to learn new information.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Art Harris Talks Misty Croslin on HLN's JVM Monday   Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Art Harris Talks Misty Croslin on HLN’s JVM Monday

Misty Croslin Faces More Hard Time
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, www.artharris.com, all rights reserved
Please join me tonight on HLN’s Jane Velez Mitchell Show at 7 p.m. when we’ll be discussing Misty Croslin’s court date to face more bad music stemming from seven remaining drug trafficking charges in Putnam County, Florida, and how it might affect the search for missing Haleigh Cummings.
The former teen babysitter for the missing 5 year old, who turned 19 last month in a Florida women’s prison, is already serving 25 years for one count of drug trafficking in St. John’s County, and could receive more than 100 years on the remaining counts if her lawyer, Robert Fields, can’t convince the judge that piling on any more hard time is unneccesary.
“What’s the sense in adding another 130 years? I don’t see how any objective person could think giving her more time than she’s already gotten would make a difference,” Fields tells The Bald Truth in an exclusive interview.
Last year, Croslin plead no contest to one count of trafficking after an undercover sting also netted her ex husband Ronald Cummings, his niece, Hope Sykes, brother Tommy Croslin and confidante Donna Brock, all serving 15 years for their roles in the small town drug ring.
Fields tells me after his last courtroom plea for mercy before a judge in St. John’s County fell on deaf ears—that Croslin’s wayward parents, both drug addicts, unwittingly set her up for a tragic fall so early in life – he’s reluctant to replay Misty’s sad country song for Putnam Circuit Judge Terry LaRue.
“I just hope he will see it serves no purpose to stick her with more jail time for the remainder of the charges,” Fields said. “I pulled out the stops last time and argued she didn’t have a chance in life given her circumstances. She had no role models, then married Ronald Cummings. I don’t know what else to say. It’s the truth.”
But truth has been a rare commodity in all the conflicting stories law enforcement has endured from Misty Croslin and others who may have had a hand, or know more than they’ve told about the vanishing of Cummings five year old. Her last claim, from letters published on The Bald Truth few believe she wrote, said Misty was asleep, didn’t know what happened, but believed Haleigh was alive.
Earlier she claimed brother Tommy and a Tennessee cousin, Joe Overstreet, came to her trailer in search of a machine gun owned by Ronald Cummings. We were the first to report sources close to the case revealing to The Bald Truth Misty flunked a 4th polygraph when she told law enforcement that she heard screams as Overstreet took the child.
She claimed she heard a door slam and a van she recognized as Tommy’s (parked at brother Timmy’s at the time) drive off.
Brother Tommy, who we reported also flunked a polygraph—news that motivated his wife, Lindsay, to throw in the towel and file for divorce—claimed he rode along with Overstreet and remained in the van as cousin Joe tossed Haleigh in the St. John’s River, weighed down by cinder blocks and a yellow rope–the same variety of rope, sources tell me, that was recovered from Tommy’s house and the van.
Tommy’s claims prompted a search using divers and anthropologists sifting through recovered bones that turned out to be animals and native American remains. But no Haleigh.
Overstreet denied any involvement, claiming he was the family scapegoat, and from new information obtained by The Bald Truth, his claim of innocence actually suggests a wider Croslin family conspiracy to cover for Misty, perhaps in fear what she knows could put other family members, even Ronald Cummings, in the crosshairs of a child murder investigation and cover-up.
What could turn things around for Croslin? If she suddenly coughed up the keys to unlocking the Haleigh Cummings murder mystery, she could face a reduction kin her prison term for drug trafficking, officially unrelated to a murder no one has been charged with.
She’s told so many conflicting stories law enforcement is as frustrated as her lawyer. Putnam County Sheriff’s Major Gary Bowling tells me they are willing to listen to anything of substance she has to say, or anyone, that can be backed up independently.
But so far, with fewer leads and no significant help from Croslin or others in moving the investigation ahead, investigators see some wisdom in letting her age in jail like bad swamp moonshine, in the hopes that sacrificing her best years to either protect herself or others will jolt her into cooperating about Haleigh.
Next: tips, leads and lies.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin Sentenced 25 Years   Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Monday, January 10, 2011

Misty Croslin Sentenced 25 Years

Misty Croslin has been sentenced to an additional 25 years that will run concurrently, though it would appear likely that she will spend her prime years in prison.

Having to serve both sentences, she would be 43 years old at the completion of her sentence and then any earnings she may make will then have to pay the the 2 million fine to deal with.

Many people believe that Misty's sentencing has more to do with the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings than drug selling. Had she been given youthful status in the first sentencing, she could have gotten 6 years.

Do you think her deception about Haleigh contributed to these stiff sentences?

Is Misty's stiff sentence related to Haleigh?
Yes
No, it is about drug selling
pollcode.com free polls

When last discussed on HLN talk shows, the talking heads reported that this would be an opportunity for Misty to "make a deal" though none explained how a deal would be made in Putnam County since her sentence of 25 years had already been established.

With sentences running concurrently, does this increase the likelihood of her spending the full 25 years in prison? Or, does Misty's seeming inability to live by rules suggest that she could not receive time off for good behavior? Drug laws and sentencing changes and most agree that the sentences given out to the Satsuma Gang was far more severe than anticipated and related to their refusal to tell the truth about the disappearance and likely death of Haleigh Cummings. We will have more on the analysis of statements made about what happened to Haleigh later.

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty Croslin has received a second 25-year prison sentence for the seven drug charges to which she pleaded guilty.

In October, Croslin received a 25-year sentence on similar charges in St. Johns County, and today's sentence in Putnam county will run concurrently with that.

In addition to the prison time, Croslin must pay fines totaling more than $2 million and will have her driver's license suspended for two years following her release.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 10:54 AM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin's 2nd Sentence 25 Years   Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:31 am

Misty Croslin's 2nd Sentence 25 Years

Putnam County Sentence To Be Served Concurrent With St. Johns Sentence

PALATKA, Fla. -- Misty Croslin, the teenager who was the last person to see 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings before the girl disappeared in February 2009, has been sentenced to 25 years on drug charges from Putnam County.
The time will be served concurrently with the 25-year sentence she is already serving on a St. Johns County conviction of trafficking in oxycodone.
In addition to the prison time, Croslin will receive five years of probation, a $1.25 million fine and mandatory drug rehabilitation.

Croslin could have faced up seven years on each of seven drug trafficking charges she pleaded guilty to last year.
"I am not a drug dealer," a tearful Croslin told the judge Monday at her sentencing hearing. "I have made some bad choices, and I know I have to take what I have done, and I just ask that you give me another chance."
Her father, Hank Croslin Sr., made the same plea to the judge.
"She was not a drug dealer. She never was," he said. "She just got caught acting stupid. She never sold drugs in her life. I don't believe she took too many of them. I just ask the court be lenient, please."
Croslin; Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings; brother, Hank Croslin Jr.; and two others were arrested in January 2010 in an undercover sting and charged with selling prescription drugs in January.

Last summer, Croslin's attorney, Robert Fields, told the judge that a "landslide of evidence," including the undercover video, led to her to plead no contest to the St. Johns County charges.
During the St. Johns County sentencing hearing, Croslin's lawyer tried to point out that his client was set up in the drug deal. He said investigators just wanted to get her in jail to get information in the Haleigh case.

Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, was in the courtroom Monday, but she said she wasn't too concerned with the outcome of the sentencing.
"I don't care about her or her family. All I want is my baby home," Sheffield said.
Sheffield said there are no answers to Haleigh's disappearance, and she believes Croslin knows where he daughter is.
"It's all in her hands," Sheffield said. "She has the answers, not me. I was not there."
Detectives said Monday that the investigation is still active nearly two years after Haleigh went missing.
"Just tell the truth," Sheffield said. "You say you love my children, why do this? God will remember one day. He will give me answers."
"Where is the justice for Haleigh?" said Theresa Neves, Haleigh's grandmother and Ronald Cummings' mother. "It's hard to see Misty because we want to know where Haleigh is, but 25 years today is no more than what she had.
Neves said she spoke to her son in prison over the holidays.
"Ronald wants to know where his daughter is," she said. "That has always been his main objective. He has never let go that he wants somebody to find Haleigh. We want Haleigh to come home."
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin 25 + 25 + $2,000,000 + Two Year Driver License Suspension = A Lot Of Time To Think   Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:50 pm

Misty Croslin 25 + 25 + $2,000,000 + Two Year Driver License Suspension = A Lot Of Time To Think

Posted on January 10th, 2011
by Simon Barrett in crime
Read 647 times.

The last person to see missing Florida girl Haleigh Cummings found out her final fate today in the sentencing phase of the unreleased drug case. Already having managed to achieve a 25 year sentence in St Johns county on related drug charges. Today’s sentence in Putnam County added another 25 years. The key phrase used though was ‘concurrent’. Misty is looking at 25 years behind bars. She also has the minor problem of a $2 million owed in fines (with interest the $1.5 assessed will likely far exceed $2 mil by the time he is looking for a job). In what can only be described as pointless, upon release her driving privileges are also suspended for two years!
In reality Misty Croslin got off lightly. Although the the judge opted not to allow the Juvenile Offender card to be played (which could have reduced the sentence to 6 years), the judge also had the latitude to sentence her to 240 years!
Although the drug case was separate from the search for missing girl Haleigh Cummings it gives one reason to ponder. Is this justice being handed down for Haleigh?
One thing is very clear, if the likely protagonists in the Haleigh Cummings had stepped forward the Jails in Florida would not be quite so full. Father Ronald Cummings scored 15 years, as did Misty’s brother, Tommy Croslin, bit players Hope Sykes and Donna Brock also managed the magic 15. Even Misty Croslin’s parents Hank and Lisa have managed to become embroiled in the case.
I will also make a prediction, this essentially marks the end of the active case to find Haleigh Cummings. It is sad, but understandable. Law Enforcement gave this case everything they had. If you look back at the news coverage of the case that aspect should be obvious. My hat goes off to all of the people from PCSO and other agencies that worked this case with so much professionalism and dedication. I know that there are some that feel that the PCSO was less than forthcoming with information, and had they shared more the general public might have been able to assist more.
Jan Barrett and I invested a huge part of our lives in covering this case. The ending is not one that we expected. But, it is what it is.
Simon Barrett
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Book Promises 'Shocking Truth'   Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Haleigh Book Promises 'Shocking Truth'

Minnesota Resident Writes First Book On Fla. Missing Girl Case

POSTED: Thursday, January 20, 2011
UPDATED: 9:16 pm EST January 20, 2011

Timothy Holmseth has written the "The Shocking Truth Revealed," the first book about the case of missing Satsuma girl Haleigh Cummings.

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Nearly two years after Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her Putnam County home, a Minnesota man has written the first book on the case that made national headlines.
The book's title promises to reveal the "Shocking Truth" about the case.
The author, Timothy Holmseth, has been looking into the case and was interviewed by the FBI so investigators could find out what he learned.
The book covers the details he told to the FBI about what happened to the missing 5-year-old girl, who investigators have presumed dead.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Book Promises 'Shocking Truth' Updated   Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:45 am

Haleigh Book Promises 'Shocking Truth'

Minnesota Resident Writes 1st Book On Missing Florida Girl

POSTED: Friday, January 21, 2011
UPDATED: 10:09 am EST January 21, 2011

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Nearly two years after Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her Putnam County home, a Minnesota man has written the first book on the case that made national headlines.

The book's title promises to reveal the "Shocking Truth" about the case.
The author, Timothy Holmseth, has been looking into the case and was interviewed by the FBI so investigators could find out what he learned, WJXT-TV reported. The book covers the details he told to the FBI about what happened to the missing 5-year-old girl, who investigators have presumed dead.
Holmseth claims in his more than 200 page book that "Nobody's Hands Are Clean" in this case, including police, family members and the attorneys, adding that police neglected leads in the case.
Holmseth said he also believes Haleigh could be alive, and that he thinks she was at least alive until Feb. 10, 2010, and was just being passed around through the family.
Holmseth considers himself a freelance writer and said he wrote the book to get the message out about what has happened in the ongoing case.
Putnam County sheriff's officials said they have no comment about the book, and one officer said, "Some people will do anything to make a buck."
It cost about $5,000 to print the book, and a copy costs about $19 on Amazon.com.
Copyright 2011 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and ClickOrlando.com.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Is Timothy Holmseth just a Haleigh Cummings Crackpot?   Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Is Timothy Holmseth just a Haleigh Cummings Crackpot?

January 21, 2011 in Peabody, Here! | Tags: Casey Anthony, Haleigh, Haleigh Cummings, Misty Croslin, Ronald Cummings, Misty Cummings, Putnam County, Florida, PCSO, Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, Satsuma

I was recently alerted to the presence of Timothy Holmseth on the Internet by a trusted source. There are indeed a very large number of Haleigh Cummings crackpots out on the Web. Is Timothy Holmseth one of them?

His long predicted, self-published, book on Haleigh Cummings has finally surfaced, and is being marketed by Amazon.com. Timothy Charles Holmseth can be found on YouTube videos. Could floodofnoah and Timothy Charles Holmseth be one in the same, person?
Personally, I find the floodofnoah videos as wacky as you can get. They are a real case-study in mental illness, IMHO. Now, you can get the same possible wack-job thoughts in print.
In the Jacksonville New’s article entitled Haleigh Book Promises ‘Shocking Truth’, Holmseth apparently reportedly used $5,000 of his own money to print up a limited number of his books.
Silly me, but I really do believe that these types of limited demand niche books in the new millennium are being published as print on demand books, virtually for free. Selling price to the customer would be about the same, or less. Cost to the author to publish is zero. Isn’t modern technology, and the intelligent use of a rational brain, simply wonderful? Is Holmseth’s decision to spend a reported $5,000 of his own money in order to print up a limited number of copies in advance of any sales documentation of his status as a wack-job? Could be, but what do you think?
You know what? I have over two hundred posts on this Blog of mine. I could easily recycle all of this verbiage on Haleigh Cummings into two hundred pages, and publish it for free as a print on demand book. Would anybody be interested in buying it?
If anybody does spend their dime on Holmseth’s book, please be sure to let me know if he comes across any more coherently in print than he does on the floodofnoah YouTube videos.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Please Help Find Haleigh   Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Please Help Find HaLeigh

This is for everyone who is concerned about the disappearance of HaLeigh Ann-Marie Cummings, of Satsuma, Florida.

Below is a letter we are asking everyone to print and send to Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi and to Florida Governor Rick Scott.
You may print this letter as it is, change it anyway you would like or write one your own. Just please, please, send them. It is very important to get as many letters as possible so that they will take notice. Not only do we want answers, HaLeigh’s family needs and deserves answers.
We are also asking that on February 10, 2011, the second anniversary of HaLeigh's disappearance, that you call the offices of both Attorney General Pam Bondi and Governor Rick Scott. As well as phone calls, please send them emails and faxes.
If you know of anyone else that it may benefit to send this to, please send to those persons as well.
You do not have to be a resident of Florida to send this or to make a phone call. Just change the letter to reflect that.
Please pass this link on to friends and family and online acquaintances. Post it on Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace. Include it in your emails. Print out copies and ask neighbors, co-workers, members of your church, to send it. Anywhere and everywhere. The more we get to join us, the better. They will not listen to just a few. It has to be thousands. So please, I ask all of you to help us. Let’s bring this little girl home.
Let’s help give her family some peace of mind.
Thank you!

Attorney General Pam Bondi:
Office of Attorney General
State of Florida
The Capitol PL-01
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050

Email Attorney General Bondi at this link:
[url=http://tinyurl.com/yts2k2]http://tinyurl.com/yts2k2[/url]
Phone Attorney General Pam Bondi here:
Main office telephone numbers:
Switchboard: 850-414-3300
Citizens Services: 850-414-3990
ADA Coordinator: 850-414-3900
Florida Relay/TDD: 800-955-8771

Florida Toll Free: 1-866-966-7226
[url=http://tinyurl.com/4v6c8qp]http://tinyurl.com/4v6c8qp[/url]
Florida Governor Rick Scott:
Office of Governor Rick Scott
State of Florida
The Capitol
400 S. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001

Email Governor Rick Scott at this link:

[url=http://tinyurl.com/4lgyzz2]http://tinyurl.com/4lgyzz2[/url]

Phone Governor Rick Scott here:
(850) 488-7146
FAX: (850)922-4292

[url=http://www.flgov.com/]http://www.flgov.com/[/url]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please change address for each letter.

Madam Attorney General (for Pam Bondi)
The Honorable Rick Scott (For Rick Scott)

I am writing to you on behalf of HaLeigh Ann-Marie Cummings, her family, and concerned citizens of the State of Florida.

In the early morning hours of February 10th, 2009, HaLeigh was found missing from her Satsuma, Florida home she shared with her father, Ronald Cummings, her younger brother and her father’s girlfriend Misty Croslin. HaLeigh’s biological mother, Crystal Sheffield, lived approximately two hours away in Glen St Mary, Florida.

Ronald Cummings returned home from work at approximately 3am and was met by Misty Croslin telling him that Haleigh was missing. Ronald searched the home and told Misty to call 911.

For almost two years, Law Enforcement in Putnam County has been telling the public that Misty Croslin is the “key” to HaLeigh’s disappearance since she was the last one to see HaLeigh and that she was being inconsistent when questioned. Investigators for the Putnam County Sheriffs Office made several comments to the family that if they could only get Misty in a position where they could question her and put pressure on her and she couldn't walk out, they would get the answers to HaLeigh’s disappearance.

In April 2010, acting from “unidentified sources”, investigators searched a part of the St. Johns River for HaLeigh’s remains. A private detective hired by the Sheffield family, made a public statement that Hank Croslin Jr, Misty's older brother, had confessed to helping his cousin, Joseph Overstreet dispose of HaLeigh’s body in that area of the river. The private detective was also working for the attorney of Hank Croslin Jr.

Misty Croslin and Hank Croslin Jr’s grandmother, Flora Hollars of Tennessee, stated that both grandchildren had confessed to her the night before the search began. In the same week, Ms Hollars went on various talk shows and repeated her story but changed her version each time she appeared. Joseph Overstreet, also from Tennessee, has denied any involvement. He has been questioned by investigators but never charged with HaLeigh’s disappearance.

James Werter, the attorney for Hank Croslin Jr also made public statements on Facebook that his client had confessed to helping dispose of HaLeigh’s body.

It was also reported that Misty Croslin’s Attorney Robert Fields, made statements that his client told police “everything” the night she was arrested.

Investigators did not discover any evidence while searching the river and both Hank Croslin and Misty Croslin have since said that the disposing of the body at the river did not happen. Misty has gone back to her original statement that HaLeigh disappeared while she was asleep and Ronald was at work.

Police have said that they think HaLeigh is deceased and the investigation is now considered a homicide. HaLeigh’s family is not satisfied with the investigation and they have shown them no proof that she is not alive and they will not rely on the statements of “two known liars”. No one in the family seems to know who, if anyone is investigating HaLeigh’s case.

There have been allegations of impropriety on the side of law enforcement from unknown officers giving information to the former attorney of HaLeigh’s mother, Crystal, to one detective being very close friends with HaLeigh's father, Ronald.

This letter isn’t too accuse anyone of anything, only to give a better picture of what has been going on in this missing child’s case. Undue pain and irreparable damage has been inflicted on the family of HaLeigh Cummings by the Putnam County Sheriffs Office refusal to openly clear the people they know could not be responsible HaLeigh’s disappearance. After two years of investigation it should be made public the results of the investigation to minimize the toll this is taking on HaLeigh's family. Members of HaLeigh’s immediate family are being subjected to horrific insinuations and accusations both online and in the national media.

I implore you to ask the Putnam County Sheriffs Office to submit a press release or conduct a press conference to clear the names of the innocent family members to avoid unnecessary victimization of a family already devastated by the disappearance of their loved one.

The “key” witness, Misty Croslin has been incarcerated for almost a year. She has since been sentenced to 25 years for her involvement in an unrelated drug trafficking charge. The investigators in HaLeigh’s case know no more today than they did on February 10th, 2009. As a concerned citizen, I am asking you to get involved and to please send in some fresh eyes to look at this case. HaLeigh is out there and someone knows where. If she is deceased, she deserves a proper burial and her family deserves answers to who is responsible. If she is alive, she needs to be brought home where she belongs.

Sincerely,

(Your name here)
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Watch Your Back   Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:03 pm

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Watch Your Back

It is approaching two years since missing Satsuma, Florida girl Haleigh Cummings was last seen alive. The poor child lived through 5-years of utter dysfunction as her father, Ronald Cummings, allowed various seedy characters such as teenage drug users and the scum of society enter her life.

Ronald Cummings allowed a known promiscuous, and drug using teenager by the name of Misty Croslin to move into his home and watch Haleigh along with her younger brother. Croslin was watching Haleigh the night she vanished into thin air.

Moreover, Cummings knew about his girlfriends past relationship with a known cocky drug dealer in the area. Despite that, Cummings still allowed Croslin to be around his two children while he was at work on various occasions.

Furthermore, Cummings had been known to sneak out of work, while he was on duty, working the night shift at PDM because Croslin would leave his two children unattended at the mobile home. Cummings had also been known to force his children to sleep in his truck, parked in the parking lot, while he was at work.

Co workers at PDM also allegedly overheard various phone conversations between Cummings and Croslin in the past, in those conversations it Croslin was having trouble controlling the children, specifically Haleigh. Cummings was overheared ordering Croslin to use harsh forums of discipline on Haleigh.

In addition to that, witnesses had witnessed and went to authorities with horror stories about how both Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings would hit and push Haleigh and her younger brother around. Haleigh's own mother, Crystal Sheffield, had no choice but to leave Ronald Cummings, after undergoing physical and verbal abuse at the hands of Cummings.

In an eerie premonition, Sheffield even feared that something bad would happen to one of her children, if left in the care of Ronald Cummings, and his various underage girlfriends.

In 2005, Sheffield filed an emergency petition to get her children out of Cummings custody. Sadly the judge allowed the children to stay in the care of Cummings.

In the days following Haleigh's disappearance, Ronald had a host of freaks over to his home. Where drinking and drugging was most likely going on. Cummings had Misty's brother Tommy Croslin, along with Misty's Tennessee cousin Joe Overstreet at the trailer, along with his children.

According to Misty Croslin, she was the alleged victim of sexual abuse at the hands of Overstreet. But yet both Misty and Ronald thought it fit to have Overstreet around two young children.

Cummings had allegedly been showing off his gun collection to Overstreet... Overstreet had allegedly stole a gun from Cummings. When Cummings had found out, a fight ensued between the two. Funny how Cummings shows more anger over a stolen gun, than he does his own missing daughter.

Haleigh then vanished... Cummings and Croslin failed their polygraph exams, in a bizarre twist the two then married. Then the odd-couple got involved in various altercations with Tommy Croslin. Then Cummings and Croslin divorced.

A year after Haleigh vanished instead of looking, searching, or raising awareness for his missing daughter, dirt bag Ronald Cummings, decided he would deal drugs with his ex-wife Misty Croslin and her brother Tommy Croslin.

Their little drug ring was soon infiltrated by cops and all three rats were busted. The Satsuma freaks: Ron, Misty, and Tommy, were all arrested.

Tommy Croslin has been sentenced to 15-years behind bars. Ronald Cummings has been sentenced to 15-years behind bars. And Misty Croslin has been sentenced to 25-years behind bars.

With harsh prison sentences handed down, the dedicated officers working this case have been given nothing but lies... The Croslin-clan keeps sending the Putnam County Sheriff's office on wild goose chases, while Ron's grandmother Annette Sykes, warns Ronald to keep quiet behind bars, and beware of snitches. Obviously, this shows Sykes is aware that her grandson played a role in whatever happened to Haleigh.

Tommy Croslin whines to his family that prisoners are yelling at him to tell what he did to Haleigh. Most recently Tommy Croslin was forced into lock down after a group of prisoners roughed him up...

Misty Croslin got into an altercation with another inmate and suffered a broken nose after one of them decided to sock her one...

I'm sure the black prisoners didn't give Ronald Cummings a warm welcome, as tapes surface of Ronald talking to a pen pal, calling his fellow inmates the N-word... Cummings was later jumped by a group of prisoners and had his jaw dislocated...

Can't say I have any sympathy for these three creeps...

The torture, beatings, altercations, and calls for them to tell what they did to Haleigh will only grow louder and get more violent if they choose to "beware of snitches" and keep their bond of silence...

You three may not care about Haleigh Cummings, but do you want to go through the rest of your life getting beaten, verbally abused, and looked upon in disdain for withholding the truth? Life can be a living hell in prison for those involved in the murder, death, and foul play of a little girl...

Right now, you three have a big targets on your back. Do you want to go through the next 15, or 25-years watching your back in fear that an inmate will make prison chow out of you?

If not, then fess up... Tick Tock, Tick Tock... The 2-year-anniversary of Haleigh's disappearance is coming up and I have a feeling your fellow inmates will be very agitated...

**LeviPage website
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings - Two Years Later And We Still Ask, Will She Ever Be Found?   Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:26 am

Haleigh Cummings - Two Years Later And We Still Ask, Will She Ever Be Found?

Posted on February 10th, 2011
by Jan Barrett in Society and Culture, crime
Read 38 times.

Today makes two years since little 5 year old Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her home in Putnam County, Florida while her brother and then baby sitter slept. She was reported missing at 3:27 am on February 10, 2009. I must say this case has really turned the lives of several people upside down, including family members, lawyers, journalists and anyone else that got involved in the case. I have to wonder just why that is though.
Haleigh’s Father, Ronald Cummings and his ex-wife, the then babysitter, Misty Croslin and her brother Tommy and two others have been arrested on drug charges and are now serving time for it. Some they feel that one way or another, although none of them have been charged with Haleigh’s disappearance, that at least the one responsible is behind bars at least but I don’t feel that way. Until someone is formally charged for Haleigh’s murder or kidnapping and she is found, this case is not solved.
I know the majority of the people disagree with me but I still feel as though the ones responsible for taking this child are sitting back right now feeling pretty proud of themselves for pulling off the perfect crime. The question is, Have they really? Someday the truth will come out.
The question still remains though, WHERE IS HALEIGH?
Tonight at 6 pm a prayer vigil will be held at the home of Haleigh’s great-grandmother’s home, Annette Sykes which is located at 216 Fourth Avenue in Welaka, Florida. Sykes says the family continues to hope Haleigh is still alive. “She’s out there somewhere and we’re still looking for her,” she said.
Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy has labeled the case as a homicide after his investigators came to the conclusion that it is more than likely that little Haleigh is no longer alive. Despite what Sheriff Hardy thinks, Sykes has been quoted as saying, “We are looking for a live little girl. We don’t believe that she’s dead. We don’t care what the sheriff says.” It is good to know I am not the only one that feels this way. Until they have positive proof that she is no longer alive, I will never give up hopes of finding her alive and well.
Captain Johnny Greenwood says, “Investigators will continue to pursue this case to the end. By no means is this case considered cold.” I pray he is right and I pray it never goes cold.
My heart and prayers are with Haleigh today and every day. She needs to be found and brought home. Even if I am wrong with what I think, Haleigh still needs to be found so she can be laid to rest properly. I still think about little Adji Desir as well. These babies need to be found one way or another.
I think since I can’t be at the vigil tonight I will be lighting a candle in honor of Haleigh. Annette Sykes and Teresa Neves in case you happen to be reading this, please know my heart will be there with you both holding your hands as you pray for the return of Haleigh. God bless all of you. I can only imagine how hard this is on all of you as well.
In closing let me say, God bless all the lost and abused children, there are way too many to name them all. I pray that God will help us find an end to all the violence against our children. It would be so nice to be able to once again relax with our children.
Jan Barrett
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings - A Press Release From The PSCO   Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:39 am

Haleigh Cummings – A Press Release From The PCSO

Posted on February 9th, 2011
by Simon Barrett in crime
Read 337 times.

Tomorrow marks a dark anniversary, it will be two years that Haleigh Cummings has been missing. The story has been mired in controversy from the very early days. Theories abounded as to what might have happened to the young girl. The term ‘trial by media’ sums the case up in three short words. The 18th century British barrister Sir William Gallows is credited with coining the phrase ‘Innocent before proven guilty’, today it is a building block of modern justice.
The internet and mass media has had a profound effect on William Gallows sage words. Trial by media has become the norm. The Haleigh Cummings and Caylee Anthony stories are prime examples. Much like a trip to the local horse track, media and Netizens picked their favorites. In the case of Haleigh Cummings there were pro and anti groups for father Ronald Cummings, his most notable supporter being HLN’s Nancy Grace.
Underage babysitter/lover/wife/ex wife Misty Croslin on the other hand had few supporters and was a highly backed favorite for being the bad person.
As the story unfolded, the characters involved became stranger and stranger. Misty’s brother Tommy Croslin became a favorite target, was he part of the case? Was he implicated in the disappearance?
HLN rapidly became Dysfunction Junction. Ring master Nancy Grace introduced an ever growing number of unlikely characters. Denizens of the Double-Wide world abounded.
To bolster the untrained and often verbally challenged guests, Ms. Nancy also had a double Emmy winning journalist with a really bad habit of losing vital evidence, and a plethora of ho-hum lawyers looking for new business opportunities.
The one group of people that put themselves above the tabloid crap were the PCSO. At first I thought that they were just a bunch of small town hicks. They played their cards close to their chests. In fact they continue to do so. The one thing that became clear when dealing with the PCSO was that they would not be swayed by the press. Very occasionally they would reveal a little, it was almost always in an obscure fashion. I spent countless hours on the phone with a good friend of mine who was also covering the story. We sliced and diced the message we had received.
When the PCSO spoke it was not to just flap their lips. Sure, some of our information came through the back door, but the best stuff came from the press releases. The PCSO are the masters of the art. There was always a nugget of gold. Today is no exception. I have printed todays press release in its entirety:
Tomorrow marks two years of investigative efforts into the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings. During the early morning hours of February 10, 2009, Haleigh Cummings was reported missing from her residence in Satsuma. Sheriff Hardy’s interest in the public’s desire to bring Haleigh home, have led him to release the following update on the investigation.
As been reported in numerous media releases in the past, investigators from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and investigators from agencies throughout Florida have invested thousands of man-hours into the investigation thus far.

At this point, the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh’s disappearance is the work of a stranger. The individuals with direct knowledge of Haleigh’s whereabouts the night she went missing have still failed to provide the necessary information to bring this case to a logical conclusion. Contradictory statements provided by these witnesses indicate that they are concealing information from the investigators.
Sheriff Hardy realizes the importance of keeping the public involved in this case, and appreciates all of the leads that have been provided thus far. Every lead that has been provided has been acted on by investigators. He also wants to assure the public, but mainly Haleigh’s family, that investigators will continue to aggressively pursue this case to the end. By no means is this case being considered “cold”. There are still individuals who hold important information, which if provided to investigators, could solve this case.
There have been numerous requests for interviews with detectives and other agency members concerning the investigation. Due to the sensitive nature of this case, the agency members are still not participating in formal interviews. There is also not any additional information that investigators could provide that hasn’t been given in media releases numerous times in the past.
Captain Johnny Greenwood
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office

Simon Barrett
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings Disappeared Two Years Ago Today; Vigil Scheduled for Evening   Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:12 am

Haleigh Cummings Disappeared Two Years Ago Today; Vigil Scheduled for Evening

PALATKA, Fla. -- Family and friends are still hoping someone will come forward to crack the case of missing Haleigh Cummings.

She disappeared two years ago today from her home in Satsuma.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office stated it doesn't consider the case cold. But it said some people are providing inconsistent statements and officials think Haliegh knew her abductor.

Teresa Neves, Haleigh's grandmother, said live on Good Morning Jacksonville today that she hangs on to hope that Haleigh will be found alive.

There will be a candlelight vigil tonight at Anette Sykes' home in Welaka at 6 p.
Back to top Go down
Gator Girl

PostSubject: Re: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Gator Girl

PostSubject: Re: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Gator Girl

PostSubject: Re: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Exclusive: FBI Quashes Haleigh Cummings Hysteria   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Exclusive: FBI Quashes Haleigh Cummings Hysteria

Haleigh Cummings, 2 years later? Police say, Not!
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, © www.artharris.com, all rights reserved
In the last few days, Chelsea Croslin has been phoning anyone who would listen, including The Bald Truth, claiming she had sensational photos a fan had sent jailed sister in law Misty Croslin that purported to show Haleigh Cummings alive and being held captive near Louisville, Kentucky.
“It’s Haleigh!” she declared, frantic. “It’s how she would look two years later if you aged her photos. What if she’s being tortured in some warehouse? I’d never forgive myself if I didn’t try to find her. I’m calling everyone in the media I know.”
She cited a local Louisville TV station, WDRB FOX 41’s story featuring an FBI raid on a man’s house last week when agents armed with automatic weapons executed a search warrant to seize a computer. Croslin, who is married to Misty’s brother, Timmy, claimed the owner had been writing Misty in prison, and included photos of little girls from magazine models and elsewhere “that had to be Haleigh!”
But The Bald Truth has learned The FBI investigation into the Louisville man, Danny Druck, has no connection to Haleigh Cummings.

While the Bureau does not comment on specific investigations, an FBI spokesman in the Indianapolis field office told me IF agents discover information about a missing child on the Amber Alert list like Haleigh Cummings, they immediately contact local law enforcement working the case.
“We always do that in a missing child case,” the agent told The Bald Truth in an exclusive interview. “The FBI always cooperates with local law enforcement to solve these crimes.”
In the case of Haleigh Cummings, that would be the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office where sources tell me no call has come in from the FBI or any law enforcement agency in Kentucky or elsewhere with any live sitings or solid tips about Cummings since Misty Croslin reported her missing in Feb. 2009, a babysitter who soon married her father, Ronald Cummings. He’s doing hard time for drug trafficking as well.
The Sheriff’s Department still maintains Misty Croslin holds the key to solving the case, but she denies it and her stories keep changing.
Investigators there have run down more than 5,000 tips and not one has turned into a body or a live child in more than two years since she’s been missing.
We forwarded the letters and photos Chelsea Croslin claims show her missing niece to local investigators.
“That’s NOT Haleigh Cummings!” one declared. “Over the last two years, we’ve gotten 100s of alleged Haleigh photos from people saying ‘It’s Haleigh.’ ”
Sadly, not one has been the beautiful little girl with attitude and a gorgeous smile.
But, wait! What of the letters Chelsea claims Misty received from Druck? We’ll put them up, but they don’t appear to be signed by Druck or Danny, but a man named “Doug,” at a different address. There is no way to authenticate the letters; we tried a phone number listed, but it was missing a digit. In the past, needing money, Chelsea has attempted to sell Misty’s letters.
All letters received by inmates at Lowell Correctional, where Misty Croslin resides in Ocala, Fla., are copied and forwarded to Putnam County investigators, so if there were something there to follow, experts say Sheriff Jeff Hardy would be all over it.
Curiously, Chelsea Croslin began fanning the latest flames shortly after she was busted for marijuana possession in nearby Volushia County.
Back to top Go down
Gator Girl

PostSubject: Re: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:12 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: The Haleigh Hoax   Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:42 pm

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Haleigh Hoax

by Peter Hyatt

Recent reports of a live Haleigh Cummings, along with Misty Croslin's father saying "major" breaking news is coming, and that "Misty wants to tell her story to a 48 Hours type show" all must be examined under the lens of Statement Analysis.

1. Haleigh Cummings is dead.

This is evident from the first media interview given by Misty Croslin who said, "I loved that little girl like she was my own." This past tense reference, spoken only hours after the 911 call, told us that Haleigh was indeed, dead. Subsequent statements only confirmed this to be true, in spite of many holding out hope. Drugs and children are a lethal mixture.

2. Misty Croslin lied.

a. Statement Analysis showed that her frantic 911 call was one of a guilty caller, with the order of the call showing the priority:

I. I was asleep
II. The door was open
III. Child is missing

Misty needed, first and foremost, to let police know what her alibi would be: she was asleep.

The priority of the call, along with many other linguistic indicators come from Misty Croslin as she pictured lifeless Hailey being carried out of the house, by her brother Tommy, with her hair dangling out; likely the last thing Misty saw of Hailey. She gave us enough information to put together a scenario of what happened to Haleigh.

b. Polygraph results confirm the Statement Analysis done. Readers may read the details here, as whenever Misty spoke out, deception was indicated repeatedly. She lied, in particular, about what happened to Haleigh and about where Hailey was dumped. Tim Miller: "she failed miserably" after the private tests were administered. But even these tests were not necessary.

Misty had been a liar her whole life and expected to fool police and the polygraphs. This arrogance was not seen in the video where she manipulated media playing herself like a helpless little girl only to be exposed on police undercover video where she is barking out orders and clearly showing her intellect while attempting a drug sale.

3. Misty Croslin had reason to lie. In an investigation into a missing child, when someone lies, they have a reason, or need to lie.

Make no mistake about it.

When there is a missing child, a mother, father, babysitter, boyfriend; in short, anyone in role of caretaker, the liars all have nefarious reasons to lie. If it is a mother, it is not a lie about drugs, or any lesser consequence: a child is missing and the need to lie speaks volumes about guilt.

Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin had reasons to lie (so did Ronald Cummings). Lying while a child is missing is an indicator of guilt.

4. Tommy Croslin placed himself at the crime scene. He attempted to confuse investigators and contemplated blaming his sister, but knew that she herself could give them credible evidence of his presence, so he took his chances with a polygraph and lost.

5. Hank Croslin is a drug addict. Drugs and children never mix. He is looking for another cheap score by peddling the story that Misty wants to tell her story on a "48 Hours" like show. He and his wife turned donation after donation into drugs, just as addicts do. He worked his whole life to avoid work, and get his next high. He and his wife and his children were unable to stay out of jail. Why would anyone be surprised that daughter-in-law would try this scam as she is arrested for drugs?

6. "48 Hours" is probably a good target since ethics and "48 Hours" appear to have little relationship.

7. Haileigh died due to drugs.

It was drugs that dominated her life; including her addict father's fierce temper, and it was drugs that led this child to the world of confusing, never-understood neglect. No child can ever fully grasp why he or she isn't loved. The linguistic indicators of sexual activity are unmistakable.

Drugs and sexual deviancy are often present together, and Tommy Croslin was, like his sister, known for deviancy. Perhaps Misty traded Haliegh for drugs, and Tommy overdosed her while trying to make her compliant. Misty herself was molested as a child, raised by two addicts, who may have thought, 'I survived it and I turned out alright; she will too'.

8. That Ronald Cummings lied repeatedly shows that, in the very least, he knew of her death, and was part of the cover up. His "Miss Nancy" act was bought by few and when he was video taped in a drug bust, few were surprised.

9. That Tommy and Misty preferred to face long prison sentences than tell the truth only confirmed what Statement Analysis and Polygraphs indicated:

They had reasons to lie.

They had reasons to face 25 year drug sentences than to tell the truth. This should tell readership that what they would have faced in telling the truth was worse than the 25 years they faced.

10. Haliegh Cummings was likely tossed into the river, as described.

The language used by the subjects indicate that she was likely a victim of sexual abuse before her death. The analysis is here, in many articles, as these druggie ghouls sought fame and subsequent fortunes off of her death, enjoying their nightly appearances on television.

Ronald Cummings enjoyed a short period of celebrity and he his gang of drug dealers will spend their best years, lives most productive years, in prison.

As for Chelsea, Hank, and Lisa: they will continue transparent attempts at publicity stunts in order to get some media outlet to give them drug money. Perhaps they'll go after Cousin' Joe, again. It makes no difference. They are cut from the same cloth.

All in the name of a poor little child who never had a chance.

The Haleigh Hoax.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 4/19/2011 03:39:00 PM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin: 'I'd give my life for Haleigh to come home now'   Tue May 03, 2011 9:10 pm

Misty Croslin: 'I'd give my life for Haleigh to come home now'

By Arelis R. Hernández, Orlando Sentinel

7:46 p.m. EDT, May 3, 2011

OCALA — For more than two years, law enforcement has pointed at Misty Croslin as the person who holds the answers to the mystery of Haleigh Cummings' disappearance.

Croslin emerged from obscurity after Haleigh vanished from a rural county about two hours north of Orlando in 2009.
She was a chain-smoking, skinny dropout in Putnam County — a 17-year-old who eventually married Haleigh's father in a ceremony broadcast on national television as the mystery lingered about Ron Cummings' missing daughter.
These days Croslin is 19, heavier, divorced from Cummings and clad in a blue prison uniform in a soon-to-be smoke-free state prison for women in Ocala, where she is serving a 25-year sentence for drug trafficking.
But she still maintains — as she has all along — that she had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance from her father's doublewide trailer in February 2009.

"I'm not the key to this at all." she told the Orlando Sentinel in a tearful interview Tuesday at Lowell Correctional Institution Annex. "Because if I knew something, they would've known it from Day One. I just don't understand why they keep saying this about me."
In her first media interview since being convicted of drug-trafficking charges in January, Croslin blamed her former husband's risky lifestyle as a drug dealer for his daughter's disappearance, alleging that Ronald Cummings' many enemies and debts may have provoked a kidnapping.
Cummings, who is serving a 15-year sentence for drug trafficking in a Tallahassee-area prison, has previously said he doesn't know what happened to his daughter.
Also Tuesday, Croslin revealed details about clues she gave to investigators.
Croslin said a stranger approached Cummings after Haleigh vanished and told him the "Mexicans" have her. But she did not know who the man was or his connection to the family. Cummings, she said, owes money to people who supported his drug habit and may have taken the girl for ransom.
She said she also received a letter and photo from a man who claimed he had recently seen Haleigh in Kentucky.
But Maj. Gary Bowling of the Putnam County Sheriff''s Office said Misty remains the focus.
"Any leads we are given we follow up in detail," Bowling said. "From the difficulty we are having with the case — filling in the details between 9 p.m. Feb. 9 and 3 a.m. on Feb. 10 — we feel strongly Croslin has the information" that could reveal how and when Haleigh went missing.
Detectives have long claimed Croslin is withholding information and has given inconsistent statements. She said she is just as clueless as everyone else with regards to Haleigh's whereabouts.
"I know and God knows that I didn't do anything wrong. As long as I know, that's all that matters," Croslin said. "There are so many stories going around that it's unreal."
Croslin said she fell asleep with the then 5-year-old at the Satsuma home they shared with Ronald Cummings before she vanished.
The details of what happened that night are muddled, but about 3 a.m. the next day, Croslin said she awoke to find the girl missing.
"It's hurting me every day to know I was the last one with her," she said. "I've been locked down for 15 months trying to think of any little thing. There's nothing, though."
No one has been charged in the case, which deputies have classified as a homicide. Croslin said she wants to shift the focus away from her to the Cummings family.
Ron Cummings introduced her to prescription drugs and betrayed the love she gave to his children, she said.
"I cared for his kids," she said. "I'd give my life for Haleigh to come home now."
Though she admits she made mistakes, Croslin reckons she has been unduly judged: "I just know in my heart I am not this person they put me out to be."
She is appealing her sentence, saying she doesn't deserve more time than her co-defendants—including Cummings, her brother Hank Croslin Jr. and two others.
"It's been really hard, but I have to keep myself strong [because] I'm not going to give up," she said defiantly, adding that she isn't a drug dealer. "I'm going to fight to find Haleigh regardless. I'm never going to give up on her. The only reason I'm being strong right now is for her."
arehernandez@tribune.com or 352-742-5934
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Statement Analysis: Misty Croslin's Guilty Admission   Tue May 03, 2011 9:30 pm

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Statement Analysis: Misty Croslin's Guilty Admission

Misty Croslin has made an important statement about Haleigh Cummings; something that contradicts other ideas she floats. She has been deceptive from the very first time she spoke about 5 year old Haleigh Cummings, in her 911 call, and in this prison interview, she continues.

Analysis is in bold type.

How many lies can you spot here:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/os-misty-croslin-prison-interview-20110504,0,7575813.story

OCALA — For more than two years, law-enforcement has pointed at Misty Croslin as the person who holds the answers to the mystery of Haleigh Cummings' disappearance.

Croslin emerged from obscurity after Haleigh vanished from a rural county about two hours north of Orlando in 2009.

She was a chain-smoking, skinny dropout in Putnam County — a 17-year-old who eventually married Haleigh's father in a ceremony broadcast on national television as the mystery lingered about Ron Cummings' missing daughter.

These days Croslin is 19, heavier, divorced from Cummings and clad in a blue prison uniform in a soon-to-be smoke-free state prison for women in Ocala, where she is serving a 25-year sentence for drug trafficking.

But she still maintains — as she has all along — that she had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance from her father's doublewide trailer in February 2009.

"I'm not the key to this at all." she told the Orlando Sentinel in a tearful interview Tuesday at Lowell Correctional Institution Annex. "Because if I knew something, they would've known it from Day One. I just don't understand why they keep saying this about me."

Note that she is not "the key" to this "at all" is not the same as saying "I didn't do it"

In her first media interview since being convicted of drug-trafficking charges in January, Croslin blamed her former husband's risky lifestyle as a drug dealer for his daughter's disappearance, alleging that Ronald Cummings' many enemies and debts may have provoked a kidnapping.

Cummings, who is serving a 15-year sentence for drug trafficking in a Tallahassee-area prison, has previously said he doesn't know what happened to his daughter.

Also Tuesday, Croslin revealed details about clues she gave to investigators.

Croslin said a stranger approached Cummings after Haleigh vanished and told him the "Mexicans" have her. But she did not know who the man was or his connection to the family. Cummings, she said, owes money to people who supported his drug habit and may have taken the girl for ransom.

She said she also received a letter and photo from a man who claimed he had recently seen Haleigh in Kentucky.

But Maj. Gary Bowling of the Putnam County Sheriff''s Office said Misty remains the focus.

"Any leads we are given we follow up in detail," Bowling said. "From the difficulty we are having with the case — filling in the details between 9 p.m. Feb. 9 and 3 a.m. on Feb. 10 — we feel strongly Croslin has the information" that could reveal how and when Haleigh went missing.

Misty revealed early that the child was dead, referencing her in the past tense, and has been deceptive consistently. She has failed polygraphs just as Statement Analysis showed, right from her 911 call, that she was deceptive about what happened to Haleigh and where Haleigh could be found.

Detectives have long claimed Croslin is withholding information and has given inconsistent statements. She said she is just as clueless as everyone else with regards to Haleigh's whereabouts.

"I know and God knows that I didn't do anything wrong. As long as I know, that's all that matters," Croslin said. "There are so many stories going around that it's unreal."

Note that "I didn't do anything wrong" is not the same as saying "I didn't do it" or "I didn't cause her to go missing. Note that she says "so many stories" may indicate that she thinks that this is national news, all the time, as it once was.

Croslin said she fell asleep with the then 5-year-old at the Satsuma home they shared with Ronald Cummings before she vanished.

The details of what happened that night are muddled, but about 3 a.m. the next day, Croslin said she awoke to find the girl missing.

"It's hurting me every day to know I was the last one with her," she said. "I've been locked down for 15 months trying to think of any little thing. There's nothing, though."

Note the confession within her statement: Misty was the last one with her. This means that Misty knows that she, Misty, was the last one with Haleigh.

This is an admission on her part.

If she was taken by Mexicans, than they would be the last ones with Haleigh. If she wants to put blame on Cummings family, then they would be the last to see Haleigh.

This is why defense attorneys don't let guilty clients speak: she just admitted to being the last person to see Haliegh Cummings alive.

No one has been charged in the case, which deputies have classified as a homicide. Croslin said she wants to shift the focus away from her to the Cummings family.

Ron Cummings introduced her to prescription drugs and betrayed the love she gave to his children, she said.

"I cared for his kids," she said. "I'd give my life for Haleigh to come home now."

Note past tense reference. Note conditional/future tense.

Though she admits she made mistakes, Croslin reckons she has been unduly judged: "I just know in my heart I am not this person they put me out to be."

Note that this would have been the perfect place to say "I didn't do it" but instead, she says that she knows "in her heart" that she is not "this" person. She has admitted to being the last person to be with Haleigh, and here she only knows in her heart that she is not the person they put her out to be;

she is unable to say "I didn't do it"

She is appealing her sentence, saying she doesn't deserve more time than her co-defendants—including Cummings, her brother Hank Croslin Jr. and two others.

"It's been really hard, but I have to keep myself strong [because] I'm not going to give up," she said defiantly, adding that she isn't a drug dealer. "I'm going to fight to find Haleigh regardless. I'm never going to give up on her. The only reason I'm being strong right now is for her."

How is she going to "fight" to find Haleigh? Misty's "fight" is to withstand interrogation and repeated failed polygraphs.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 5/03/2011 08:06:00 PM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: HALEIGH CUMMINGS VIGIL AND BALLOOK RELEASE PLANNED   Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:32 pm

HALEIGH CUMMINGS VIGIL AND BALLOON RELEASE PLANNED

HaLeigh Cummings

In memory of a precious little girl, HaLeigh Cummings, from Palatka Florida, who disappeared on February 10, 2009, her grandmother, and her great grandmother are planning a candlelight vigil to be held at the home of Annette Sykes in Welaka Florida on Wednesday, August 10 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. HaLeigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield has said she plans to attend the vigil.
I would like to ask any of you in the area if you would please try to attend to help remember this precious child. If you are like me and can’t attend then at least while you are home or where ever you are during these hours to at least light a candle for her and say a prayer for her.
HaLeigh’s family and friends can’t forget her. As long as there is no solid proof that she is gone, they refuse to give up hopes that she will one day return home and I don’t blame them. I know life goes on but how can one forget their child or grandchild especially if they don’t know what happened to them.
Also on HaLeigh’s birthday, August 17, they are planning a balloon release party from 9:00am – 2:30pm in Palatka, Florida. The details are as follows:
Everyone is invited to join the family of HaLeigh Cummings at the foot of the Palatka bridge to release balloons for HaLeigh’s birthday. HaLeigh was born at 2:16 a.m. and balloons will be released at 2:16 p.m. Free balloons will be given to anyone who cannot join the family but would like to release a balloon for HaLeigh from their own location. We would also ask that anyone who remembers HaLeigh show their love and support by joining us and releasing a balloon from wherever you are. Free balloons will be red, purple, and pink ~ HaLeigh’s favorite colors.

If you can’t attend and want to just help remember HaLeigh, set free a balloon at home or just light a candle at 2:16 p.m.
Please do this for HaLeigh. She needs to come home. Hopefully our prayers can lead her home soon. Her family loves and misses her and they need her home with them where she belongs as well. I pray for HaLeigh and her family every day. I strongly believe in the power of prayers and if we all get together and pray for her hopefully it will help lead her way home.
God bless you HaLeigh, where ever you are sweetie. Your family misses you and they want you to come home. They would love to have you there with them to help celebrate your birthday.
Jan Barrett
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   

Back to top Go down

HALEIGH CUMMINGS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24