LOVE AND PROTECT ALL CHILDREN

A discussion of children, their welfare, well being and lives. We must protect them, they are our future.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

HALEIGH CUMMINGS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Gator Girl

PostSubject: Re: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:56 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Where is Haleigh Cummings?   Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:07 pm

Where is Haleigh Cummings?Posted on September 3rd, 2010
by Jan Barrett in Op-ed
Read 187 times.

This is a question we all have asked for almost 19 months now. There are arguments all over the internet about who thinks who is guilty. There are fights over who says what.
The past couple of days I have been observing comments, theories, and yes even our own coverage of little Haleigh missing. The question keeps coming up, where is this precious little girl.
Families battle against each other. Dirt get slung every which way it can. Bloggers attack each other over and over. Some don’t like what others say and then others come back at it and before you know it everyone splits up on teams. Before anyone thinks I am talking about anyone in specific, they are wrong. I am talking about all over the internet in all the forums, and blogs.
My question is how is this helping find Haleigh? I have seen this question several times from all those that care about Haleigh. I don’t know how anyone can say I don’t care for her when I say that so often myself, but this is not about me or Simon or BNN and I really want to keep this about the only one that matters here. We all know who that is, Haleigh Cummings!
I realize I have said a lot in this case about family members involved in this case that some of you don’t agree with. I realize now though that I may not have been fair but I don’t think I have ever pointed my finger directly to one person. I have offered theories about what could have happened. The truth of the matter is that no one knows for sure who is responsible for Haleigh missing except those that are responsible. We can only offer our theories or possibilities. With all that said, I am apologizing to all the family members on both sides of Haleigh’s family for hurting any of you, that was never my intention.
I like everyone else only want to find Haleigh and I firmly believe that by keeping her name out in the public will help. We keep hearing that this case is not forgotten and we are assured it has not gone cold, but until they have someone behind bars and charged with doing something to Haleigh, I think the more we put her name out there, then maybe someday someone (hopefully soon) will have enough of the secrets and tell LE about that missing piece of the puzzle they need to solve this case and maybe justice will finally be served.
There has been no news from what I can tell in the case and this worries me.
I know I am going to get a lot of flack over what I write here, but I don’t care. I know in my heart that all that matters is that Haleigh is missing and has been away from her families for almost 19 months. I think it is time she comes home.
Please help me keep Haleigh’s name out there. Nothing else matters at this point. Help me through our prayers that God will lead us to Haleigh and bring her home to her loved ones. They are suffering as well. I have to admit one thing. I believe every one of her family members love her and miss her and want her to come home. I pray with them that this will happen soon. God bless them and Haleigh. Also God bless all of you that want the same thing as I do. Let’s join together instead of fighting. Thank you all, you are the best.
Jan BarrettLet Others Know About This Post These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin Undercover Mama Gets 15 years   Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:06 am

Misty Croslin Undercover Mama Gets 15 years

Art Harris on Nancy Grace Friday night, Sept. 3
From Bald Truth Staff, (c) www.artharris.com, all rights reserved
The Bald Truth has learned that Ronald Cummings has provided “useful” information about the time line the night his daughter, Haleigh, disappeared, triggering new interest in another law enforcement interview with his ex wife, Misty Croslin.
Investigators believe she knows more than she’s revealed about what happened the night five year old Haleigh Cummings vanished Feb. 10, 2009.
But her attorney, Robert Fields, tells The Bald Truth she’s told investigators a consistent story since January –that she saw Tennessee cousin Joe Overstreet take Haliegh from the trailer, with her brother Tommy Croslin in tow. He’s since received 15 years in prison for one count of drug trafficking, like Cummings cousin, Hope Sykes, 18.
Ronald is expected to serve 15 years on a plea agreement, and has agreed to keep providing information about her and testify against her if needed.
Misty could receive as many as 240 years in prison on 8 counts of trafficking.
Let us know if you think Donna Brock is holding out.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Is Misty Croslin About to Move On?   Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:47 pm

Is Misty Croslin About to Move On?

September 6, 2010 in John H. Gohde | Tags: Casey Anthony, Nancy Grace, Tabloid Journalism, Haleigh, Haleigh Cummings, Misty Croslin, HLN, Yellow Journalism, Kim Picazio, Art Harris, Misty Cummings, BlogTalkRadio, Simon Barrett, Blog Talk Radio, Putnam County, Florida, BNN, Lisa Croslin, PCSO, Orlando, Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, Satsuma, Chelsea Croslin, Bloggers, Blogs, Press, Blogger News Network, Donna Brock, Bogger News Network | by John H. Gohde

Time waits for nobody, as Misty Croslin’s pending doom in Florida’s legal justice system approaches closer and closer.

This latest post of mine is a potpourri of information surrounding the most recent happenings around the drug travails of Misty Croslin, or some of the most recent and notable sideshows on the Haleigh Cummings missing person / homicide case.
Oh, by the way. This is NOT the much awaited for Exposé post that I anticipate will knock both Simon Barrett and BNN for a loop.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin, StatementAnalysis: Your Theories   Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:30 pm

Misty Croslin, Statement Analysis: Your Theories

This photo is sad. It looks so much like her mother, Lisa Croslin. A mother daughter mug shot lookalike...terribly sad and tragic.

The statement analysis of the Misty Croslin 911 calls shows deception. If you are not familiar with Statement Analysis, or the analysis of her call please go here:

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/04/complete-911-call-analysis-misty.html

Basically, Misty Croslin reported to police a persausion, not a report. The order is critical. In review:

1. The most important issue came first: I was sleeping
2. The door was wide open is second in her mind.
3. Lastly, a missing child.

As you work your way through the specifics, you will see that Misty Croslin deliberately misreported information. Alcohol blackouts when true, will NOT fail a polygraph test. Profiler Pat Brown offers that she believes Misty was coached. This may be the case. But, it was deceptive.

When deception is noted, the context will sometimes give us the general direction of why the subject is deception.

In order to be deceptive it must be willful and deliberate

At times, the subject is deceptive by willfully withholding specific and critical information. Statement Analysis may flag deception, but it is now up to the skills of the interviewer to determine the "why's of the deceptive response.

What happened to Haleigh Cummings?

For me, Statement Analysis showed the 911 call deceptive causing me to conclude that Misty Croslin is involved because she had reason to deceive

For those new to Statement Analysis, it is verbal polygraphy that Misty failed. (she also failed several polygraph tests)

Therefore, on the assumption that the polygraphy caught the liar (that Misty is involved), post your best hypothesis on what happened (presupposing Misty's involvement).

Be generous with detail, particularly regarding others involved

After enough entries, debate.

Let's see what we come up with before any knowledge of a deal comes out through Ronald Cummings.

**StatementAnalysis
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Exclusive: Donna Brock Says Misty Knows More!   Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Exclusive: Donna Brock Says Misty Knows More!

For anyone who missed the The Bald Truth Executive Editor Art Harris’s inside scoop on Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin confidante Donna Brock, just sentenced to 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to one count of drug trafficking, he’s on Jane Velez Mitchell tonight, Sept. 7 at 7 p.m. est…Here’s what the two time Emmy winner told Nancy Grace on her HLN show Friday night:
GRACE: We are taking your calls. Confidant turned co-defendant of stepmother of Misty Croslin, who goes on to flunk four polygraphs, gets 15 years hard jail time. Is a deal in the works now that she realizes she`s going down the river to the big doll house? Will she finally say what she knows?
ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST, ARTHARRIS.COM, INTERVIEWED DONNA BROCK, MISTY CROSLIN’S CONFIDANTE AND CO-DEFENDANT WHO CONFESSED TO GIVING HER 155 PAIN PILLS TO SELL.
Nancy, I can tell you that I have talked to Donna Brock for a couple of months before she got arrested and told me all about her relationship with Misty. And she believed that Misty knew a lot more than she was telling and I believe police think she`s harboring more knowledge of what Misty may have told her.
GRACE: You mean Donna Brock knows more?
HARRIS: Donna Brock got so close to her. This was someone who she told me, Misty said you`re the mother I never had. I mean her family had a lot of problems, and Donna was the one who took her out of that Ronald relationship when it got bad, took her on the road to Universal and got her nails done.
She was then working for Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch supposedly trying to get information for law enforcement by getting close to Misty. Then things got different. He fired her because he told me that she once said — remember that road rage incident, Nancy, when they got pulled over —
GRACE: Yes.
HARRIS: — for carrying or waving a gun supposedly at somebody on the road. And she said that, you know what? I`m glad they searched — they didn`t find any guns, we didn`t have guns, but I had pot and we had pills in our purses.
GRACE: So that ended the whole thing. With me, Art Harris at ArtHarris.com.
Marlaina Schiavo, the deal is 15 years behind bars. Don`t you think if she knows something this would be the time to tell it? I mean up until now, Marlaina, she might have been thinking, well, I can ask for leniency in the court, and if I get three years and I`ll never have to spill the beans because I`ll be out in, you know, half that time.
Not true. Fifteen years hard jail time. Now will be the time for prosecutors to try and get the truth out of Brock.
MARLAINA SCHIAVO, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER, COVERING STORY: That`s true. And we also know that Misty`s attorney never spoke. All this time never did an interview. Wouldn`t talk to the media.
And now that he`s getting closer and closer to the time where Misty Croslin is going to be sentenced, he started talking to the media, started telling us more information about what she told him allegedly about Joe Overstreet strangling Haleigh allegedly that night and Misty Croslin telling investigators this.
So we might see more information coming from Brock in the coming days.
GRACE: Because the way it worked, Eleanor Odom, is there would be an order modification. She`s been sentenced to 15 years on drugs, and if she would cooperate with cops now, say what she knows about Croslin`s recounting what happened the night Haleigh went missing was murdered. She could get that order, that sentence reduced, order modification?
ELEANOR ODOM, PROSECUTOR: That`s right. And her attorney would have to ask the judge for that, and the judge would actually has to do the modification.
GRACE: Out to the lines, Lydia in California. Hi, Lydia.
LYDIA, CALLER FROM CALIFORNIA: Hi, Nancy. Thank you for taking my call.
GRACE: Thank you for calling in, dear. What`s your question?
LYDIA: Well, I`ve been trying to get through since the get-go on this case. My first question is, when Ronald came home, was Misty in street clothes or bed clothes?
And my second question is, Junior said he heard the cats going up and down. So if he heard it, she`s probably heard it and maybe walked in on something she shouldn`t have seen and threatened to tell her dad.
GRACE: OK, I lost Lydia, but I got the question.
Art Harris, what do we know? Was Misty Croslin in street clothes or pajamas when Ron Cummings gets home that night?
HARRIS: I believe she was in street clothes, Nancy, and as far as Junior hearing someone bouncing on the couch, he`s been interviewed by expert psychologists who are known to be able to debrief kids after an incident like this. They believe that he was telling the truth, but he`s not old enough to testify in court.
GRACE: Well, actually he is old enough under the law to testify. It`s just that I don`t know how successful it would be to bring on somebody that young.
Out to the lines, Angela in Kentucky. Hi, Angela.
ANGELA, CALLER FROM KENTUCKY: Hi, Nancy. How are you?
GRACE: I`m good, dear. What`s your question?
ANGELA: Good. I love your show and your children and I wish there were more people like you.
GRACE: Thank you.
ANGELA: I have a question. Is there any new developments in the Croslin case? I mean, are they getting close to finding out who all was involved in Haleigh Cummings` disappearance?
GRACE: What do you think, Art Harris?
HARRIS: Nancy, I know that they are putting the squeeze on. I understand they called Ronald in for another meeting, and there may be a meeting coming up with Misty and law enforcement.
———
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU THINK DONNA BROCK KNOWS MORE THAN SHE’S TELLING?

**ArtHarris
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty's Latest Lies   Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Misty's Latest Lies

The attorneys for Misty and Tommy Croslin continue to press the "joe did it" stories; with various differences. They gain a few minutes of television time in exchange for "pro bono" work; go on television, make questionable statements, and then the story leaves the daily news only to return later.

Statements are in italics, with Statement Analysis in bold type.

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Less than 24 hours after learning Misty Cummings claimed to know what happened to missing Satsuma girl Haleigh Cummings, the girl's family has spoken out.

Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves, told Channel 4 Wednesday morning that she does not know what to believe.

On Tuesday, Misty's attorney, Robert Fields, said Haleigh's former stepmother has told investigators that her cousin, Joe Overstreet, put Haleigh in a black bag and took her away. Fields said Overstreet took Haleigh while Misty was lying in bed and covered herself up with a blanket. He said Misty heard Haleigh scream.

"Why would you hide with a little 5-year-old screaming like that?" Neves said. "How can the neighbors not hear her? Things just don't add up."
Neves said she thinks Misty is lying.

Note that this is not what Neves said repeatedly during the time she was making television appearances.

"I still believe she's alive," Neves said of Haleigh. "I don't believe anything Misty says until somebody can prove it. The thing doesn't even make sense. How can you be under the covers and also see her in the bag? None of it makes sense.

"She's told so many stories, and to just pick and choose which one you want to believe, I don't believe it's right," Neves said. "Whatever it is, it needs to be proven."

Neves "still" believes; increased sensitivity. Neves' basis for Haleigh still being alive may be her belief that Misty is lying about the murder. "Still" weakens the belief that Haleigh is alive. Neves never gave a straight answer when she was confronted with the fact that Misty had changed her story many times. This was put to her by NG and JVM.

Neves said if this version of Misty's story is true, "they should hang her, like an old-fashioned hanging in the square kind of thing."

Nancy Grace reported what Neves said, but changed Neves to the "public" calling for an "old-fashioned hanging". This may appear minor, but it is deceptive. In truth, Neves is in the "public" so it technically is not a "lie"; it is, however, designed to give the impression that many people ("the public" as if their opinion was unified) want to see Misty hang. (Many people may, but it is not what was said). As we have seen many times, these reporters will be deceptive in their reporting in order to bolster ratings and excite the audience into believing that something is "breaking" now, and that they have "exclusives" that the public will only find by tuning in.

There's always been a shadow of doubt over Misty Cummings' account of what happened to Haleigh the night she vanished in February 2009.

"I just want everybody to know that I didn't do anything with that little girl," Misty said while crying the day after Haleigh disappeared.

The importance here is not that Haleigh was missing, but to Misty, that people think her innocent. Note also "that" little girl shows distance (that) and vulnerability ("little"). Many times abusers will use the words "that kid" or "that" girl, etc, including, at times, minimizing language such as "I didn't hurt that girl" when the child was not just hurt, but dead. For Misty, it wasn't that she just wanted to find Haleigh, but she just wanted everyone to know...it is important to listen to her words so that we know the distinction.

I believe that there is truth in this statement. I believe that as Misty spoke these words, she was picturing another's involvement, at some point in the assault, where she watched. Therefore, she is able to picture that moment in her mind, and say these words and avoid internal stress of lying. It is instinctive to a practiced liar.

"I loved her like she's my own,

Statement Analysis shows that when a parent uses past tense language it is because the parent knows that the child is deceased. This has been shown repeatedly in missing child cases; noting Susan Smith and Casey Anthony.

and I'll do anything to get her back. And if people think that I have something to do with it -- if I have something to do with it or I knew where she was we wouldn't be sitting here today."

note "sitting" indicates tension. for full analysis, see prior entries on Misty Croslin, who's 911 call is deceptive.

Here we have a principle that is often seen in deceptive statements:

A guilty person will often frame the words "I did it" in their denial and an innocent person will not frame the words "I did it" in their denials. This can be traced back to the Bible where Christ was on trial and He pointed out that in His accusers own words, they had framed truth.

Misty said "I have something to do with it" in her attempted denial AND she says "I knew where she was". I believe both are truthful statements.

Misty did have something to do with Haleigh's disappearance. She had reason to lie on the 911 call (see analysis) AND

at one point, Misty did know (past tense is accurate) where Haleigh was; but likely, at the time of this statement, shortly later, she no longer knew where Haleigh was.

This is an indication that she was carried away by the currents.

Misty and likely Tommy killed Haleigh.
Drugs were involved.
Sexual molestation may have been involved. (see prior analysis)
They also protected Ronald from prosecution and Ronald reminded Tommy to keep his mouth shut (the beheaded rat incident)
There is likely truth to the claims of dumping her in the river.

From the start, Misty claimed she knew nothing, a story that changed over time.

When asked on NBC's "Today" show why her story keeps changing, Misty, after a long silence, replied, "I don't know."

This is honest. There were so many other things she could have said, because lying is taxing to the memory. It is very challenging for the liar to keep track of prior lies and here Misty, an accomplished liar from childhood, knows she has gone too far in her accounts of the bed, under the bed, the blankets, the laundry, and so on.

It wasn't until she ended up in the Putnam County Jail on drug charges that she started talking to family members, who would later be incarcerated, too.

"Do you think she can come home?" Misty's father, Hank Croslin Sr., asked her in a jailhouse call.

"Of course, dad," Misty said.

"of course" is often used as a persuasive answer when the subject wants someone to accept something as logical. Can she come home? Of course: it is logical and reasonable. Yet for Misty, her next words show that she used "of course" in an attempt to persuade and it is deceptive:

"I hope and pray to God she does," Croslin said.

If her return is logical, why the need for hope and prayers?

"Me too. I mean, I can't tell anybody definitely because I can't say 100 percent, but God hasn't gave me that sign," Misty said.

Part of her deception is to employ religious language. What began as a matter of "course" continues to weaken. I would not be surprised to learn that as this case twisted and turned, that Misty prayed not to be caught and would even interpret various events as from God, helping her to avoid the truth. People delude themselves into believing that their "god" is in their own image. If the subject is a liar, so is the 'god". The subject will often believe that god exists to serve them and make life turn in ways pleasing to their own desires. Cindy Anthony exhibits this openly. (see analysis of her letters).

"I think she's come to realize she's in trouble," Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said of Misty in April after investigators searched the St. Johns River for Haleigh. "People are starting to cooperate. That's why I've told people it's going to be just a matter of time, and we're going to accept any cooperation that we can get. So again, it's a good thing. People are starting to talk."

This was said quite a while ago and now Misty is in jail awaiting, perhaps, more than 15 years in prison. Hardy's sensitivity does not show confidence in the case. Note the verb tense in "starting" as well as its repetition. Note that when these words were spoken, the case was already 14 months old. Note the repetition of "cooperate". Repetition shows sensitivity but the language does not show the emotional attachment to be confident or optimistic. It sounds more like he is attempting to persaude himself of the optimism.
Haleigh's family said they only want the truth.
Posted by Seamus O Riley at 7:41 AM
Back to top Go down
Gator Girl

PostSubject: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:02 am

BUMP
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Oops! My Dog Ate The Truth! - Not A Haleigh Cummings Update   Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:46 am

Oops! My Dog Ate The Truth! - Not A Haleigh Cummings Update!

Posted on September 20th, 2010
by Simon Barrett in All News, Op-ed, crime
Read 3,128 times.

Several weeks ago I ran a story, it did not sit well with certain elements. In fact it created a huge problem. I broke the news that Lisa Croslin was taken to a medical facility because of an over indulgence of alcohol and Xanax.
Lets start with the idiot spin:
So, I spent 23 minutes talking with Kim [Picazio] as she heatedly vented about the underhanded tactics of the BNN boys who had taken yet another low-down swipe at one of Kim’s friends. As you may recall, Kim Picazio was the original attorney for Crystal Sheffiel, (I think he means Sheffield) the biological mother of Haleigh Cummings. Ms. Picazio is more involved in the Haleigh case than most people realize.
According to what Kim told me on the phone, Simon’s snitch or source for his misinformation about Lisa Croslin being “drunk, and higher than a kite on Xanax” was allegedly Harriet Sweet.
What actually happened was that Chelsea Croslin previously had come down from Massachusetts to retrieve all of her mother-in-law’s belongings. She must have feared the worst as she took virtually everything back up North with her, including Lisa’s street clothes and picture ID.
Then quite unexpectedly, Lisa Croslin was released from jail.
Kim Picazio being aware of the situation and concerned about Lisa Croslin’s welfare stepped in with her contacts and money for a phone, clothes, and a few basic living essentials that were bought from a dollar store by Lisa.
Lisa’s probation officer was aware of and approved her prescription for Xanax. Misty Croslin’s mother takes only three pills a day.

After the idiot spin, we have wazoo lawyer herself:
Statement From Kim Picazio….
I am abhorred that any person holding themselves out to be giving its readers factual, investigative information on this case, would use another human being’s misfortunes to score a few points against an enemy. To toss aside a struggling individual’s good faith attempt at becoming clean and sober for the sole purpose of airing a scandalous, detailed account of a relapse into drugs and alcohol, is the height of yellow-journalism. The loyal readers at BNN were misled. They were handed a bag of goods….
This pointless diatribe went on an on. Our valiant supporter of truth and justice was PO’d that I had ran a story about her latest (non paying) client Lisa Croslin.
BNN took a great deal of heat over the story that Lisa Croslin was drunk and had more Xanax in her system than had been prescribed. The line being put out by certain web sites and the ‘Not being paid’ lawyer was that Lisa Croslin was attacked, her journey to the medical facilities was to determine the extent of the damage, broken bones. Etc.
Now lets look at this court doc:
View here
It doesn’t take a degree in rocket science to see that my article was entirely correct! No spin required!
Several weeks ago I made a decision to cease coverage on the ‘real’ case. And unlike others, I will keep my word. I do not like being called a liar by anyone, I don’t give a damn what wazoo lawyer says or does, as long as it does not involve me. I do however care when my name is dragged through the dirt!
It seems to me that wazoo lawyer should check her facts before she puts statements out. But what the ‘hey’ if it was not for wazoo lawyers talking out of the side of their mouths, there would be no entertainment on TV.
Simon Barrett
**BloggerNewsNetwork
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Ronald Cummings to be sentenced Friday   Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:40 am

Ronald Cummings to be sentenced Friday

Last Update: 2:31 am

< Previous
Next >
Play Video

Video 1 of 1
All Video
A Father's fate

Related Links

The father of a missing Satsuma girl has been arrested on charges of burglary with assault or battery.

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- In hours, Ronald Cummings, the father of Haleigh Cummings goes before a judge in Putnam County.

Ronald pleaded guilty to three counts of drug trafficking Hydrocodone in July and will be sentenced Friday. Two of the three counts carry a minimum sentence of 15 years.

Ronald's attorney hopes he can serve three sentences- concurrently- for a total of 15 year in prison.

Cummings was busted in the same undercover string with his one time wife, Misty Cummings.

Misty is the last known person to see Haleigh Cummings alive.

The five-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared from home in Satsuma in February of 2009.

**ActionNews
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Exclusive: Kiss Ronald Cummings Bye-Bye   Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:23 am

Exclusive: Kiss Ronald Cummings Bye-Bye

Touching moment: Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin Do NYC on Today Show trip
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, (c) www.artharris.com, all rights reserved
When Ronald Cummings appears in Putnam County Circuit Court Friday, Sept. 24, he’s confident Judge Terry LaRue will rubber stamp a tentative plea deal and sentence him to 15 years in prison for drug trafficking, dropping two counts with 25 year mandatory minimums after his guilty plea to all three charges last month in Palatka, Florida.
“We’ll go in and argue for 15 years and hope that’s what he gets,” says his attorney Terry Shoemaker in an exclusive interview with The Bald Truth. Armed with a pre-sentencing report, hwe may call members of Cummings family, and others as character witnesses before the judge announces his sentence.
In effect, sources close to the case tell me the plea deal is a done deal, according to a proffer, or agreement, already hammered out between Shoemaker and state prosecutors, based on Cummings’ pledge to testify against ex wife, Misty Croslin, in her drug case (she plead no contest, so he never had to), and to help investigators solve the presumed murder of his missing daughter, five year old Haleigh Cummings.
“From the moment I came on board, we’ve been open to speaking with investigators regarding Haleigh’s case,” Shoemaker tells me, “we’ve met with them numerous times. Ronald has talked about the phone calls he made that night, the time lines, his relationship with everyone involved…who he thinks is involved. He’s told them everything they’ve wanted to know.”
Officials decline to detail their discussions, but we’ve all heard jail tapes of one investigator pumping Cummings up as their Redneck Romeo, regaling him with their Misty interrogation, that he was the only topic that made her cry.
The strategy, sources tell me has always been to do whatever it takes to make Croslin hit rock bottom, isolated, alone, needy and desperate enough to do something like deal drugs and get busted, providing the kind of leverage investigators figure they needed to psyche out the one person they maintain still holds the key to unlocking the Haleigh mystery—the ex babysitter who reported the five year old missing Feb. 9, 2009.
After flunking several polygraphs, she now maintains a Tennessee cousin, with her brother, Tommy, in tow, dropped by to steal Cummings’ prized WW II machine gun, that night. She says the cousin, Joe Overstreet, grew angry when he couldn’t find it, snatched Haleigh instead, menaced Misty with a knife and threatened to kill her family if she talked. Even her grandmother, Flora Hollars, tells me Overstreet threatened her after she dissed him as a possible suspect.
As for Misty, sources tell me she’s told investigators Tommy later took her to the St. John’s River and pointed out where Overstreet allegedly dumped the body. Overstreet denies any wrongdoing. His lawyer calls him a convenient family scapegoat.
But Croslin’s Joe-came to steal the machine gun claim may have earned a smidgen of credibility based on exclusive new details learned by The Bald Truth: sources close to the case tell me law enforcement has recovered a vintage World War II machine gun in a green Army duffle bag they believe belonged to Cummings.
“That’s exactly how Tommy described it,” Steve Brown, ex FBI agent turned private eye, tells The Bald Truth. “He called it an old ‘Army type machine gun.’ When he said ‘old,’ I was thinking M-16, like Vietnam. But he meant really ‘old,’ and it was old.”
“What it means is that the machine gun is real,” Steve Brown goes on, adding that his law enforcement contacts advised him they’d retrieved it from a Putnam County drop site after an anonymous tipster heard they were looking for it and phoned in directions to the gun. Other sources tell me a Cummings relative was harboring the illegal weapon for Ronald. “The only thing Misty was wrong about was the color of the bag. She said it was black. Maybe Joe had a black coat over it when he left.”
Last month, a Putnam County Sheriff’s Department spokesman said he had no information about any machine gun recovered related to the Haleigh Cummings case. Asked whether it was the weapon family members tell me Ronald showed off over beers, Shoemaker declined to confirm or deny the machine gun was found or even existed, insisting Ronald denied ever showing a machine gun to Overstreet.
“I can’t comment on it,” he told me. “If someone is telling you that, I don’t know here they got the information. But if your sources are good, they may not be far from the truth.”
About a week before then girlfriend, Misty Croslin, reported his five year old daughter, Haleigh, missing, Cummings was showing off a prized gun collection to Tommy Croslin, and his cousin Joe from Antioch, Tennessee, family members tell The Bald Truth.
“Ronald was usually very secretive about his guns, but that night they were all drinking beer and getting along, so he pulled them out,” Chelsea Croslin tells me in an exclusive interview. She says she fell asleep with husband Timmy, Misty’s other brother, and that Joe took her phone and the van to pick up brother Tommy and go to the trailer with machine guns on his mind.
“My phone records show call Joe called his girlfriend, Jennifer, between six and 9 p.m. that night,” says Chelsea. She was planning to drive him back to Tennessee the next day, sources close to the case tell me. “Tommy called Joe about 10 p.m.,” Chelsea adds, and apparently took the van and picked up Tommy.
While Tommy has changed his story more than runway models change clothes, his ex wife, Lindsay, maintains he was home with the kids when she returned from nursing school about 10:15 p.m. and they had dinner and went to bed. She says if he left, she never heard him.
“She’s adamant,” says Chelsea, “but I have letters contradicting her time line. I’m just not able to explain” the differences.
“I’ve heard about the machine gun from day one,” Misty Croslin attorney Robert Fields tells The Bald Truth. “If they’ve found it, that’s important, and it should help Misty. It’s the one consistent thing in both Misty and Tommy’s accounts. I heard someone called in and said, ‘You can pick up the gun at a certain location.”
But neither Fields or Tommy Croslin attorney James Werter can demand to examine the automatic weapon because there is no discovery yet for an unsolved murder with no body, no weapon and no suspects charged with a crime. “Haleigh is still under investigation, and investigators don’t have to share any evidence while an investigation is active,” says Fields.
We can’t confirm whether Cummings has identified the machine gun, but can reveal it’s said to be fully automatic, an illegal weapon to own if not registered with the Department of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF). It might indeed qualify as a “relic,” or collectible since it was manufactured more than 50 years ago, but since convicted felons can’t legally pack, it’s doubtful Ronald, if he’s indeed the owner, will be claiming the killer antique anytime soon.
Asked if the ATF has come by or called, Shoemaker tells me, We’ve not heard from anyone inquiring about pressing gun charges against my client.”
Remember, it was Misty, then the 17 year old babysitter, who reported Haleigh missing just after Cummings walked into the Satsuma, Florida trailer home from the night shift about 3:45 a.m. in Feb. 2009. So far, sources say law enforcement can’t shake his alibi, backed up by cell phone tower pings, co workers and thumb print scan check-ins, and still maintain Misty holds the key to what happened to Haleigh.
A month after his daughter vanished, Cummings married Croslin, later explaining his love logic to me over fried grouper and sweet tea at MeMa’s café, that if she left town, he might never find out what happened to his daughter. “You keep your friends close and your enemies closer,” he told The Bald Truth.
If he held her in such his suspicion, Chelsea Croslin wonders how the whole familiy could be so celebratory with Misty in New York so close to Haleigh’s disappearance. “I was shocked when I found the family album,” she says, referring to photos published here showing Ron and Misty touching tongues, and a happy family portrat of the lovebirds, Ronald’s mother, Teresa, and his grandmother.
So many mixed messages, so many conflicting accounts. For instance, Shoemaker tells me Ronald maintains he never called Tommy to check on Misty, but called her house to see if she was there since she wasn’t picking up her phone. She has offered assorted reasons, from the battery died, to she didn’t want to talk to Ronald since she’d just returned from a three day drugs and sex binge and he wasn’t happy she’d been with an African American nicknamed White Boy Greg (Page).
The Bald Truth has learned that Page is now cellmates with Misty’s father, Hank Croslin, Sr., who once dissed him, but now calls him a “pretty nice guy,” his wife, Lisa Croslin, tells me in an exclusive phone chat. She also relates her husband claims Cummings is still selling drugs—from behind bars, that he’s seen friends smuggle pills into the jail via balloons hidden in body cavities, retrieving them for the young prince of Palatka.
Shoemaker scoffs at such claims as sour grapes, natural family enmity born of drugs, feuds and violence. Indeed, Lisa Croslin tells me guards are careful to make sure Hank and Ronald don’t cross paths on the yard, where Croslin relays to me via family that he hears Cummings cursing and taunting him, screaming he hopes Misty “gets what’s coming to her” and “gets what Haleigh got!”
In the war of curses and credibility between thugs and drug dealers, Shoemaker argues how “Tommy has changed his story from going to the trailer at 10 p.m. on Ronald’s behalf to going there later with Joe to steal a machine gun. Based on my conversations with Ronald, he wasn’t concerned if Misty was there. He kept calling because it went straight to voice mail and he assumed she turned off the phone because she wasn’t there.”
He also says Teresa Neves denies Misty ever offered to pay her to babysit. “Teresa has remarked that ‘if she’d called and asked me, I would have done it.’”
Shoemaker recalls one meeting between his client and investigators on Aug. 3, when FDLE’s Travis Smith, an assistant state attorney, Putnam County Detectives John Merchant and Detective Peggy Cone. “We talked a little bit about everything, from the drug charges to time lines for Haleigh.”
Cummings attorney was so comfortable about the arrangement, he tells me he gave the investigators virtual carte blanche to intervi’d call and I’d say, ‘Go ahead.’”
So, does Cummings believe Misty is a killer?
“He has no idea what happened to Haleigh,” says Shoemaker. “Whether she had something to do with it, he doesn’t know. But he does believe she holds the answers.”

**TheBaldTruth
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:19 am

Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced

PALATKA, Fla. -- The father of the little girl who vanished in 2009, sparking an Amber alert that thrust the town of Satsuma into the national spotlight has learned his sentence on drug charges.

Ronald Cummings agreed to plead guilty to three of the five drug cases against him in August, in exchange for two of the cases being dropped.

This morning, he was sentenced to three years and a $50,000 fine, 15 years and a $100,000 fine, and 15 years in the three cases, to be served concurrently.

He faced a maximum of 70 years if sentenced to the max on all three cases to be served consecutively.

The concurrent sentences mean he faces 15 years total.

His mother took the stand this morning to plea for leniency in the sentence.

"He is a good father, he has two children," said Teresa Neves. "We might not know where one is, but he has two children."

Cummings, his ex-wife Misty Croslin and three other people were arrested in January on drug trafficking charges.

Croslin entered a no-contest plea in August and awaits sentencing in October, where she could be sentenced anywhere from about six years to 240 years.

Croslin was the last person to see Cummings' daughter in Feb. 2009, when she was babysitting Haleigh Cummings in The Cummings' Satsuma home.

Haleigh disappeared and has been the subject of a nationwide Amber alert since, though the sheriff has said he believes her to be dead.

Misty's attorney, Robert Fields, said in August that Misty had finally opened up about what happened that night, saying her brother and cousin took Haleigh.

©2010 First Coast News
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Re: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:20 am

Ronald Sentenced to 15 years..........but

WHERE IS HALEIGH?????

Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh's Dad Sentenced To 15 Years   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:31 am

Haleigh's Dad Sentenced To 15 Years

Father Of Missing Girl Could Have Faced Up To 90 Years In Prison

POSTED: Friday, September 24, 2010

PALATKA, Fla. -- Ronald Cummings, the father of a girl who disappeared 19 months ago, will serve 15 years in prison and is fined $200,000 for selling prescription drugs.
Ronald Cummings, along with his ex-wife, Misty Cummings, her brother, Hank Croslin Jr., and two other people were arrested in January on drug trafficking charges after an undercover drug sting by St. Johns and Putnam County detectives.
Misty and Hank have pleaded no contest to the charges. Croslin received a 15-year sentence and Misty Cummings faces sentencing in October.
Ronald Cummings, 26, who pleaded guilty in August, could have faced a maximum of 90 years in prison, but reached an agreement with prosecutors that two of five charges he faced would be dropped in exchange for Cummings testifying in any future criminal trial involving the disappearance of his daughter.
At a 15-minute sentencing hearing Friday morning, the state did not call any witnesses, but Cummings' mother, Teresa Neves, did make a brief, tearful plea for mercy for her son.
Judge Terry LaRue then sentenced Cummings to two 15-year and one seven-year sentence, but will allow the time to be served concurrently. Larue also sentenced Cummings to pay a $200,000 fine plus court costs, but that could be modified later by a civil judge.

All three defendants are central figures in the disappearance of Ronald Cummings' 5-year-old daughter in February 2009. After an Amber Alert, weeks of exhaustive searching and an investigation involving more than 4,000 leads, Haleigh remains missing. In April, the Putnam County sheriff said she is likely dead and described the case as a homicide investigation.
Terry Shoemaker, Ronald Cummings' attorney, told Channel 4's Tarik Minor that his client isn't buying his ex-wife and brother-in-law's account of Haleigh's disappearance, saying a cousin from Tennessee went to Cummings' mobile home to retrieve a gun and took Haleigh instead.
That cousin, Joe Overstreet, has been questioned at least twice by detectives, but never charged or named a suspect in Haleigh's case.
"Ronald has a hard time believing someone would go to the house to get a gun and take a child instead," Shoemaker said. "He questions that aspect of it."
Shoemaker said that if Haleigh's body is never found but police are able to make an arrest, testimony may be the basis of a criminal prosecution. He said Ronald Cummings' relationships with each party is important in developing a timeline leading up to Haleigh's disappearance.

Channel 4's Steve Douglas is in Palatka getting reaction to this latest development in the case. This story will be updated throughout the day, with the next live report on the local station at 5 p.m.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Ronald Cummings Got 15 Years.....What's Wrong With That Picture???   Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:48 am

Ronald Cummings Got 15 Years……….What’s Wrong With That Picture???

Source:
Haleigh’s Dad Gets 15 Years

“Ronald Cummings, 26, who pleaded guilty in August, could have faced a maximum of 70 years in prison, but reached an agreement with prosecutors that two of five charges he faced would be dropped in exchange for Cummings testifying in any future criminal trial involving the disappearance of his daughter.”
Well it appears that dear Ronald has been sentenced. He is the only one that received a plea deal from the Satsuma Gang. The deal apparently was given in exchange for his testimony in the drug case, or any other case involving his ex-wife, Misty. In other words he will testify against her in Haleigh’s case. I find this interesting.
2 other articles on the matter:
Ronald To Spend 15 Years In Prison

“Following the sentencing, Cummings’ attorney, Terry Shoemaker, said he thought Ronald’s willingness to testify in any cases involving Haleigh’s disappearance or the drug cases played a role in the state’s willingness to make a deal. Cummings could have been sentenced to 30 years concurrently for the three counts.”
Father Of Haleigh Gets Sentenced

“Terry Shoemaker, Cummings attorney, said they were expecting this sentence because it is the minimum mandatory, and that his client has done what he could to help the other drug cases.”
Okay, so the articles vary on the sentencing. The bottom line though is Ron will only spend 15 years in prison. Some say he got two 15 years sentences plus a 7 year sentence to run concurrent, but others say the 7 is 3. Again the bottom line is that he will spend 15 years in prison. There is a variance on the fine as well. Some say $200,000, while others say $250,000. It’s still a hefty fine.
The most interesting tidbit in all of this is why he got the plea deal, as he faced almost as much time as Misty does. In my opinion, he must know something pretty damning to get such a deal. I placed a quote on the reasoning for the deal from each article, beneath the link. To me this shows that Ronald must really know something about Haleigh’s disappearance, and what is even more interesting is that in one of the articles his attorney claims Ronald does not believe Misty and Tommy’s story about Cousin Joe. He doesn’t believe someone would come to steal a gun and take a child. I have to agree with that, but I wonder what he knows.
What does Ronald know??? Apparently someone is planning to bring charges for Haleigh’s disappearance, and we know they believe she is dead. I can’t see them giving him a deal, if they were not going to pursue charges.
What do you think?

**Niecey's456
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Ronald Cummings Sentenced: 15 Years in Prison; Was Plea Deal Sweeter Than Satsuma Ice Tea?   Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:19 pm

Ronald Cummings Sentenced: 15 Years in Prison; Was Plea Deal Sweeter Than Satsuma Ice Tea?

Ron, Misty, Mom, Grandma in New York: courtesy of Chelsea Croslin
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, (c) www.artharris.com, all rights reserved
Ronald Cummings was sentenced to 15 years in prison on drug trafficking charges Friday in Putnam County Circuit Court, as Circuit Judge Terry Larue ratified a plea deal worked out earlier with prosecutors—dropping two of five counts with 25 year minimums and fining the father of missing five year old Haleigh Cummings a total of $250,000.
He will serve three counts of 15 years, to run concurrently, that break down this way: three years and a $50,000 fine on one charge, another 15 years and a $100,000 fine on another, and 15 years and $100,000 fine on a third. He faced a possible 70 years if sentenced to the max on all charges.
The concurrent sentences mean he faces 15 years total.

“We’ll go in and argue for 15 years and hope that’s what he gets,” his attorney, Terry Shoemaker told me earlier in an exclusive interview with The Bald Truth.
Before the judge announced his sentence, Shoemaker called Cummings mother, Teresa Neves, as a character witness. She asked him to be lenient, saying, “He is a good father, he has two children. We might not know where one is, but he has two children.”
Outside, First Coast News reported Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh’s mother, and other family members in the courthouse parking lot, crying. All said they believed the sentence was too short.
So did members of Croslin’s family. “I don’t see how it’s fair at all,” Misty’s sister in law, Chelsea Croslin, told The Bald Truth Friday. “Misty kept changing her story, and it always benefited Ronald. That’s why he’d always say, “I believe Misty.’ I think she’s scared to death to tell what she knows. No one seems interested at all in even hearing what she might have to say. There are a lot of things in her story that don’t add up, but I think she’s changed it because Ronald threatened her. I still think she’s protecting Ronald out of fear.”
Even Shoemaker said stealing Haleigh because cousin Joe couldn’t find a machine gun didn’t add up. But little in this case does.
Shoemaker said his client’s prison time was shortened after he agreed to testify against ex wife, Misty Croslin, in her drug case (she plead no contest, so he never had to), and help investigators solve the presumed murder of his missing daughter, five year old Haleigh Cummings.
“From the moment I came on board, we’ve been open to speaking with investigators regarding Haleigh’s case,” Shoemaker tells me, “we’ve met with them numerous times. Ronald has talked about the phone calls he made that night, the time lines, his relationship with everyone involved…who he thinks is involved. He’s told them everything they’ve wanted to know.”
Officials decline to detail their discussions, but we’ve all heard jail tapes of one investigator pumping Cummings up as their Redneck Romeo, regaling him with their Misty interrogation, that he was the only topic that made her cry.
The strategy, sources tell me has always been to do whatever it takes to make Croslin hit rock bottom, isolated, alone, needy and desperate enough to do something like deal drugs and get busted, providing the kind of leverage investigators figure they needed to psyche out the one person they maintain still holds the key to unlocking the Haleigh mystery—the ex babysitter who reported the five year old missing Feb. 9, 2009.
After flunking several polygraphs, she now maintains a Tennessee cousin, with her brother, Tommy, in tow, dropped by to steal Cummings’ prized WW II machine gun, that night. She says the cousin, Joe Overstreet, grew angry when he couldn’t find it, snatched Haleigh instead, menaced Misty with a knife and threatened to kill her family if she talked. Even her grandmother, Flora Hollars, tells me Overstreet threatened her after she dissed him as a possible suspect.
As for Misty, sources tell me she’s told investigators Tommy later took her to the St. John’s River and pointed out where Overstreet allegedly dumped the body. Overstreet denies any wrongdoing. His lawyer calls him a convenient family scapegoat.
But Croslin’s Joe-came to steal the machine gun claim may have earned a smidgen of credibility based on exclusive new details learned by The Bald Truth: sources close to the case tell me law enforcement has recovered a vintage World War II machine gun in a green Army duffle bag they believe belonged to Cummings.
“That’s exactly how Tommy described it,” Steve Brown, ex FBI agent turned private eye, tells The Bald Truth. “He called it an old ‘Army type machine gun.’ When he said ‘old,’ I was thinking M-16, like Vietnam. But he meant really ‘old,’ and it was old.”
“What it means is that the machine gun is real,” Steve Brown goes on, adding that his law enforcement contacts advised him they’d retrieved it from a Putnam County drop site after an anonymous tipster heard they were looking for it and phoned in directions to the gun. Other sources tell me a Cummings relative was harboring the illegal weapon for Ronald. “The only thing Misty was wrong about was the color of the bag. She said it was black. Maybe Joe had a black coat over it when he left.”
Last month, a Putnam County Sheriff’s Department spokesman said he had no information about any machine gun recovered related to the Haleigh Cummings case. Asked whether it was the weapon family members tell me Ronald showed off over beers, Shoemaker declined to confirm or deny the machine gun was found or even existed, insisting Ronald denied ever showing a machine gun to Overstreet.
“I can’t comment on it,” he told me. “If someone is telling you that, I don’t know here they got the information. But if your sources are good, they may not be far from the truth.”
About a week before then girlfriend, Misty Croslin, reported his five year old daughter, Haleigh, missing, Cummings was showing off a prized gun collection to Tommy Croslin, and his cousin Joe from Antioch, Tennessee, family members tell The Bald Truth.
“Ronald was usually very secretive about his guns, but that night they were all drinking beer and getting along, so he pulled them out,” Chelsea Croslin tells me in an exclusive interview. She says she fell asleep with husband Timmy, Misty’s other brother, and that Joe took her phone and the van to pick up brother Tommy and go to the trailer with machine guns on his mind.
“My phone records show call Joe called his girlfriend, Jennifer, between six and 9 p.m. that night,” says Chelsea. She was planning to drive him back to Tennessee the next day, sources close to the case tell me. “Tommy called Joe about 10 p.m.,” Chelsea adds, and apparently took the van and picked up Tommy.
While Tommy has changed his story more than runway models change clothes, his ex wife, Lindsay, maintains he was home with the kids when she returned from nursing school about 10:15 p.m. and they had dinner and went to bed. She says if he left, she never heard him.
“She’s adamant,” says Chelsea, “but I have letters contradicting her time line. I’m just not able to explain” the differences.
“I’ve heard about the machine gun from day one,” Misty Croslin attorney Robert Fields tells The Bald Truth. “If they’ve found it, that’s important, and it should help Misty. It’s the one consistent thing in both Misty and Tommy’s accounts. I heard someone called in and said, ‘You can pick up the gun at a certain location.”
But neither Fields or Tommy Croslin attorney James Werter can demand to examine the automatic weapon because there is no discovery yet for an unsolved murder with no body, no weapon and no suspects charged with a crime. “Haleigh is still under investigation, and investigators don’t have to share any evidence while an investigation is active,” says Fields.
We can’t confirm whether Cummings has identified the machine gun, but can reveal it’s said to be fully automatic, an illegal weapon to own if not registered with the Department of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF). It might indeed qualify as a “relic,” or collectible since it was manufactured more than 50 years ago, but since convicted felons can’t legally pack, it’s doubtful Ronald, if he’s indeed the owner, will be claiming the killer antique anytime soon.
Asked if the ATF has come by or called, Shoemaker tells me, We’ve not heard from anyone inquiring about pressing gun charges against my client.”
Remember, it was Misty, then the 17 year old babysitter, who reported Haleigh missing just after Cummings walked into the Satsuma, Florida trailer home from the night shift about 3:45 a.m. in Feb. 2009. So far, sources say law enforcement can’t shake his alibi, backed up by cell phone tower pings, co workers and thumb print scan check-ins, and still maintain Misty holds the key to what happened to Haleigh.
A month after his daughter vanished, Cummings married Croslin, later explaining his love logic to me over fried grouper and sweet tea at MeMa’s café, that if she left town, he might never find out what happened to his daughter. “You keep your friends close and your enemies closer,” he told The Bald Truth.
If he held her in such his suspicion, Chelsea Croslin wonders how the whole familiy could be so celebratory with Misty in New York so close to Haleigh’s disappearance. “I was shocked when I found the family album,” she says, referring to photos published here showing Ron and Misty touching tongues, and a happy family portrat of the lovebirds, Ronald’s mother, Teresa, and his grandmother.
So many mixed messages, so many conflicting accounts. For instance, Shoemaker tells me Ronald maintains he never called Tommy to check on Misty, but called her house to see if she was there since she wasn’t picking up her phone. She has offered assorted reasons, from the battery died, to she didn’t want to talk to Ronald since she’d just returned from a three day drugs and sex binge and he wasn’t happy she’d been with an African American nicknamed White Boy Greg (Page).
The Bald Truth has learned that Page is now cellmates with Misty’s father, Hank Croslin, Sr., who once dissed him for his role in further “corrupting” his daughter, but now calls him a “pretty nice guy,” his wife, Lisa Croslin, tells me in a phone chat. She also relates her husband claims Cummings is still selling drugs—from behind bars, that he has friends who smuggle pills into the jail via balloons hidden in body cavities.
“I’ve not heard that rumor,” says Putnam County Sheriff spokesman Lt. Johnny Greenwood, “but it’s hard for that to be happening, or next to impossible, when for the last two months we’ve been doing only video visitation. No one comes to the jail in person to see an inmate. They talk by phone.” He was curious about the time frame, but said such an allegation has so little merit in his mind, the department would not even talk to Croslin about it.
“Hank told me an inmate pushes the balloon under the door to the pod and inmates pass it around, taking pills out,” says Lisa Croslin. But she claims her husband is staying clean, “and can’t wait to get out. He just stays in his cell, eats, goes out for a drink of water and sleeps most of the time.”
Shoemaker scoffs at such pill-smuggling claims as ridiculous, as well, sour grapes, natural family enmity born of drugs, feuds and violence. Indeed, Lisa Croslin tells me guards are careful to make sure Hank and Ronald don’t cross paths on the yard, where Croslin relays to me via family that he hears Cummings cursing and taunting him, screaming he hopes Misty “gets what’s coming to her” and “gets what Haleigh got!” Or, if he sees Hank in the yard, yelling from his cell window, “that’s Misty’s father, someone needs to do to him what Misty did to Haleigh!”
In the war of curses and credibility between thugs, Bad Dads and drug dealers, Shoemaker argues how “Tommy has changed his story from going to the trailer at 10 p.m. on Ronald’s behalf to going there later with Joe to steal a machine gun. Based on my conversations with Ronald, he wasn’t concerned if Misty was there. He kept calling because it went straight to voice mail and he assumed she turned off the phone because she wasn’t there.”
He also says Teresa Neves denies Misty ever offered to pay her to babysit. “Teresa has remarked that ‘if she’d called and asked me, I would have done it.’”
Shoemaker recalls one meeting between his client and investigators on Aug. 3, when FDLE agent Travis Smith, an unnamed assistant state attorney, Putnam County Sheriff’s Detectives John Merchant and Peggy Cone. “We talked a little bit about everything, from the drug charges to time lines for Haleigh,” he says.
Cummings’ attorney was so comfortable about the arrangement, he tells me he gave investigators virtual carte blanche to interview his client–without his physical presence. “They’d call and I’d say, ‘Go ahead.’” Other accounts have investigators questioning how helpful his client has really been, and cite post-Haleigh behaviour as atypical of a father grieving off camera. Sources in town tell me they’ve seen him emptying find Haleigh search jars at area convenience stores, demanding special treatment like free meals and drinks.
Before he was busted for drugs, one witness tells me a check for about $200 worth of food and drinks landed on his table at Chili’s. Cummings insisted it must be a mistake, asking the server, “Don’t you know who I am?” Copping an attitude, he demanded it be comped, and it was.
“He used to brag about it,” says Chelsea Croslin, embittered at what she calls a plea deal sweeter than Satsuma iced tea. “He’d say, ‘I get everything free because people know I’m Haleigh’s Dad.’ After the first couple of days of Haleigh being gone, he was acting totally different than he did on TV,” like he’d gotten over it…I just don’t see how he can get 15 years and he had five charges, and Tommy (Croslin) gets 15 years for one” that his lawyer says would usually bring less than half that for a low profile case.
Before we finished our interview, I asked Terry Shoemaker, “Does Cummings believe Misty is a killer?
“He has no idea what happened to Haleigh,” said his lawyer. “Whether she had something to do with it, he doesn’t know. But he does believe she holds the answers.”
———
Let us now what you think about Cummings 15 year sentence…
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Exclusive: Art Harris Interviews Lisa Croslin, Spring, 2009: Misty Called Her First   Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:42 am

Exclusive: Art Harris Interviews Lisa Croslin, Spring, 2009: Misty Called Her First

By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, © www.artharris.com, all rights reserved

Within hours of Ronald Cummings sentencing Friday, The Bald Truth has learned Misty Croslin began to crack under relentless police questioning—and changed her story again.
Family members and sources close to the case tell me Croslin now claims she lied about her allegation that cousin Joe Overstreet snatched Haleigh to cover up yet another horror even closer to home. During her four hour interrogation Friday, The Bald Truth learned exclusively that Misty Croslin now claims it was her own brother, Tommy Croslin, who came to the trailer that night, took Haleigh and fabricated the cousin Joe-machine gun story.
Then, my sources say, she told police Tommy pressured her to go along with it.
Her attorney, Robert Fields, confirmed she met with investigators, but declined to comment further.
“She told me she kept telling the police if they wanted to know what really happened, they had to get Tommy to talk, that he can tell them everything,” her mother, Lisa Croslin, told The Bald Truth after speaking with Misty.
Sources close to the family and the investigation tell me tell me it was about 1:30 p.m. Friday when the methodical grilling of Ronald’s’ 18 year old ex wife began. Only this time, it was with a well-prepared prosecutor with a fresh set of eyes, veteran state attorney Ed Davis of Daytona. He was there watching as investigators hammered away at the inconsistencies and lies Croslin has told for a year and a half about the night she reported five year old Haleigh Cummings missing in February, 2009.
Then the unthinkable happened. No longer able to hide from her lies, Misty Croslin cracked.
Amid tears, weeping and shaking, she blurted out that her brother, Tommy, did it and knows everything. Towards the end, she was distraught, yelling, and believed to be so shaken, required a brief suicide watch on a jail medical ward.
According to what Misty told her mother, during her interrogation, “she started going crazy, yelling and screaming,” she says, then wound up in the infirmary Friday night. “She wasn’t trying to kill herself, she was just very upset. She wanted to be by herself,” her mother, Lisa Croslin, tells The Bald Truth. “They put her on the medical ward with nurses watching. She said she felt like a squished up orange with no more juice to give.”
Within hours, she was off suicide watch, and “the next morning told me she felt better,” said Lisa.
That was Saturday. “She’s scared to death and feeling the pressure. I keep telling her nobody will hurt her where she is, that she needs to tell everything before she goes to court,” Lisa Croslin went on. ”She says, ‘I told ‘em everything I know, Mama, that they need to talk to Tommy because he knows everything.’ Whoever done this, got my daughter so scared, I don’t understand it.”
But her mother was adamanant about one thing: “Whoever did this to Haleigh needs to pay for it, even if it turns out to be one of my children,” she says. “But I still feel like she’s covering up for someone else.”
“Her cousin Joe story is a lie,” her sister in law Chelsea Croslin told me before it came out in her police interrogation Friday. At the time, we hadn’t been shown the basis for her claim, though she cited private letters from Misty and other information she says she wants to provide law enforcement, but has had trouble getting through. “I was trying to tell them, but no one returns my calls,” she says.
Her mother tells me Misty calls her regularly from the St. John’s County Jail, where she awaits two October sentencing hearings in different counties on eight counts of drug trafficking that could fetch as much as 240 years behind bars. Tommy Croslin is also scheduled back in his home county for a motion to modify his sentence on Oct. 4, according to his attorney James Werter.
It was Tommy Croslin who lead investigators to the dock on the St. John’s River, claiming Overstreet picked him up at his house, drove him to the trailer to steal the machine gun, that Joe had snatched Haleigh when he couldn’t find it, and they went to the river to dump her. According to Tommy, he was high on Xanax, we’ve reported, and claiming he sat in the van while his cousin put Haleigh in the river. Only Misty’s now calling her own brother a liar.
Divers searched the river bottom, found no evidence or remains, and days later, sources describe detectives paying Tommy a visit in his cell to say not only were they not pleased, but aimed to make a murder case against him if he didn’t change his tune. Now, armed with Misty’s latest, sources tell me investigators plan to see what tap dance he’ll do to this music.
. “She’s obviously a desperate girl,” Tommy’s attorney, James Werter, told The Bald Truth Sunday. He’d not heard the latest allegation by his client’s sister. “I’d have extreme doubts about that one. It’s just not in Tommy’s nature or character.”
Even Misty’s own mother doesn’t know who or what to believe, since Misty has changed her story several times since she first called Lisa and her father, Hank, about 3:30 a.m. the night she found Haleigh missing. She reached her parents in a hospital room in Gainesville, where Hank was semi-conscious, the victim of an accident involving a drunk driver.
“She said, she couldn’t find Haleigh,” Lisa told me in our first exclusive interview in the Spring of 2009 outside her home in Satsuma, Florida, and posted at The Bald Truth to illustrate where Misty’s tall tales begin, including the family scapegoat, cousin Joe, now exonerated by Misty.
“I said, ‘Misty, go through the trailer and look everywhere, look real hard,’ and she said, ‘The back door is wide open.’ I said, ‘Call the PO-lice right now, and that’s when she opened the back door and found Ronald, standing in the doorway.”
At the time, her mother was also pitching the Joe Overstreet theory, but now says there’s only one person Misty truly feared, her now ex husband, Ronald Cummings, convicted drug dealer, wannabe thug.
To hear her family tell it, Misty was 16 when they met, a grade school dropout with addict parents and siblings who grew up using lies to survive, then fell hard for a redneck Romeo, a veteran manipulator who preyed on underage girls, impregnating two others before he met Misty, including Haleigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield.
Crystal once told me he won her over with big shot bravado and charm that quickly faded into drug use, controlling her with fear and abuse, often brandishing guns and threatening to kill himself and others.
Chelsea says Ronald would brag about his dangerous friends, and once took her and the kids to hang out on the edge of a biker community that felt like a scene from the movie, Mad Max. After Haleigh vanished, she said Cummings often remarked he could get her back for $35,000. Two locals who police have also interviewed tell me a wild-eyed Cummings stopped by their trailer within days of Haleigh gone missing, gun jammed in his waist, demanding they go with him to help rob a drug dealer. “I didn’t want to get involved,” says one man who remembers the night from the news that came on within days about Haleigh.
Law enforcement long ago ruled out the so called Mexican drug gang angle, focusing the missing child case on close friends or family; Chelsea now interprets his faux drama as a ruse…Cummings projecting the illusion of a distraught, angry father to cover up what she believes really happened: that Haleigh accidentally overdosed on his pills, and he ordered Misty to to “get rid of the body,’ with Tommy’s help.”
Cummings attorney, Terry Shoemaker, tells me Ronald has cooperated with police and has nothing to hide, or he would not have been able to win a plea bargain of even 15 years. He maintains Misty knows what happened, that his client has no idea.
By coincidence, Chelsea recalls Tommy found a rat in his mailbox, decapitated, a not so subtle message from a soon to be brother in law…Chelsea says over the course of their brief marriage, Cummings isolated Misty, cut her off from her own family, and fought Tommy when he came to rescue her one day.
“If the right person talked to Tommy, I’m betting he’d finally tell the truth, too.”
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: JVM talks to Chelsea Croslin....."What really happened to Haleigh Cummings?   Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:54 am

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2010/09/27/jvm.chelsea.croslin.intv.hln

JVM talks to Chelsea Croslin......as to What really happened to Haleigh Cummings?
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Croslin denied reduction in drug sentence   Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:22 am

Croslin denied reduction in drug sentence

By Larry Sullivan

Published: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 1:55 AM EDT
A key figure in the Haleigh Cummings case lost his bid Monday for a reduced sentence on oxycodone trafficking charges.

Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. had petitioned to cut the 15-year jail term he received in August, with his attorney suggesting three to five years was more consistent with similar cases in Putnam County.

"Fifteen years might be a bit of overkill," defense attorney James Werter told Circuit Judge Terry LaRue.

But LaRue wasn't moved.

"I gave considerable consideration to it," the judge said of the sentence.

Croslin's sister, Misty, was babysitting Haleigh when the child was reported missing Feb. 10, 2009. No trace of the blond-haired kindergartner has been seen since and authorities say they believe she was killed.

An undercover investigation, complete with high-quality videos of illegal prescription drug sales late last year, quickly bore fruit, in stark contrast to the missing child-homicide probe. Several people close to the Haleigh case were jailed on drug charges in January.

Hank Croslin Jr., 24, was arrested on two counts of trafficking.

His sister, Misty, faces seven counts in Putnam County and another St. Johns County, and is slated to be sentenced later this month.

Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, in August was sentenced to 15 years after authorities dropped three of the five charges against him.

His cousin, 19-year-old Hope Sykes, received a 15-year prison term in April.

During Monday's hearing, LaRue reiterated his surprise that Hank Croslin Jr. and the others would engage in the sales since they were in the public eye.

"I had trouble believing that they could do that, and I still do," LaRue said.

The judge said he felt the 15-year sentence was fair.

"It was drug dealing," he said. "No doubt about it."

As he did last month, Werter blamed Croslin's problems on his home environment and drug addiction. He said Croslin had tried to "break the cycle he grew up in."

Members of Croslin's family sat in the front row of the courtroom. Some sobbed during the hearing.

Behind them sat members of Haleigh Cummings' family, several wearing T-shirts or holding photos of the child.

Prior to the 20-minute hearing, Marie Griffis, Haleigh's maternal grandmother, hugged Ronald's mother outside the courtroom and after the hearing they stood talking in the shade outside the courthouse.

Ronald Cummings mother said she supported Croslin's sentence.

"They're not in here getting a reduced sentence and I don't think he should have either," she said
In August, a prosecutor said Hank Croslin Jr. remained a suspect in the Haleigh case.

Defense attorneys recently said he and his cousin, Joe Overstreet of Tennessee, went to the Cummings home in Satsuma looking for a gun and not finding it, Overstreet abducted Haleigh and dumped her body in the St. Johns River.

Overstreet has not been named as a suspect in the case and has not been charged. He was recently jailed on drug charges in Tennessee.

lsullivan@palatkadailynews.com
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin Faces Sentencing Today   Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:57 am

Misty Croslin Faces Sentencing Today

Croslin Slated For Sentencing On Drug Charge

POSTED: 6:31 am EDT October 8, 2010
UPDATED: 6:45 am EDT October 8, 2010

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The last person seen with a missing Putnam County girl is slated for sentencing on a drug charge on Friday.
Misty Croslin will be sentenced on one count of drug trafficking in St. Johns County. She faces nine more charges in Putnam County.
Misty was with Haleigh Cummings, 5, on the night she disappeared in February 2009.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin: Haleigh Cummings' baby sitter to be sentenced in drug case today   Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:14 am

Misty Croslin: Haleigh Cummings' baby sitter to be sentenced in drug case today

By Kevin P. Connolly, Orlando Sentinel

7:43 a.m. EDT, October 8, 2010

Misty Croslin, who baby sat Putnam County child Haleigh Cummings the night she disappeared, is scheduled to be sentenced today in St. Johns County in a drug-trafficking case.

Croslin, 18, faces a long prison sentence after entering a no-contest plea to a charge of trafficking in oxycodone.

Circuit Court Judge Wendy W. Berger is scheduled to sentence Croslin at 1:30 p.m. in the Richard O. Watson Judicial Center in St. Augustine.

Croslin also faces seven similar charges in Putnam County, where she also pleaded no contest.

Croslin is thought to be the last person to see Haleigh alive before she vanished from her father's Satsuma home in February 2009 when she was 5.

No one has been charged in her disappearance, though Putnam County authorities have said the girl is likely dead and they are treating her case as a homicide.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, was dating Croslin at the time and came home from work to find her missing.

He also was arrested in a drug-trafficking sting.

Cummings was sentenced last month to 15 years in prison and ordered to pay $250,000 in fines in connection with his drug-trafficking case.

The sentence came after he pleaded guilty to three counts of trafficking in hydrocodone. Two trafficking counts were dropped and he agreed to "provide truthful testimony" in future cases, including the one involving his daughter's disappearance.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin in Court, To Be Sentenced on Drug Charge   Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Misty Croslin in Court, To Be Sentenced on Drug Charge

Tommy Croslin

Ronald Cummings

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty Croslin's mother testified on her behalf today during Croslin's sentencing for trafficking oxycodone, a prescription pain medication.

Croslin was the last person known to see 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings last year before her disappearance sparked a nationwide Amber Alert. Haleigh remains missing.

Lisa Croslin testified today that she was a "terrible mother." She used drugs, she said, when she was raising her daughter, and that Croslin failed seventh grade, then never returned to school.

Her mother and other family members are sitting behind her in the St. Johns County courtroom, and relatives of Haleigh Cummings are also in the courtroom.

As Misty Croslin became hysterical, her mother also said that she blackmailed her daughter for Xanax during the Haleigh investigation. She testified that she was unsure of her daughter's age, what a PTS is, and whether Misty Crosline can add.

Today Circuit Court Judge Wendy Berger is presiding; the first witness was FBI investigator Travis Smith.

Smith said Croslin told undercover agents she could get could get another 30 pills soon and that she had four sources for drugs. She also promised to buy 50 percoset, Smith said adding that she did all the calling and transactions with the FBI.

She was arrested earlier this year, along with her ex-husband and Haleigh's father Ronald Cummings. Croslin's brother Hank was also arrested for drug trafficking.

Smith said Croslin had a large network, 200 pills potentially. "That is a large amount of hydrocodone," he said.

"Why do you feel she is not innocent and she is a drug dealer?" her attorney asked.

"She had multiple sources," Smith replied. "She had the knowledge...the prices were dead on with the market rate."

Croslin was babysitting Haleigh in February 2009, and said the little girl vanished from the Satsuma trailer.

There has been no sign of Haleigh since, and various stories about what happened to the girl have been offered by the Croslins over the past few months.

The Croslins and Cummings were arrested as part of an undercover drug operation.

Cummings was sentenced last month to 15 years in prison for his role in the drug trafficking.

A few months ago, Hank Croslin was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Misty Croslin has entered a no contest plea. She could be sentenced anywhere from about six years to 240 years.

She is also scheduled for another sentencing on charges of trafficking hydrocodone and/or oxycodone in Putnam County Court on October 19th.

The State Attorney's Office said there are different sentencing dates and locations because the offenses were committed in two separate counties.

Haleigh's family continues to hold out hope that new information about the girl's disappearance will turn up because of the drug cases.

First Coast News will cover the sentencing today, and will bring you the very latest.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Missing Girl's Former Stepmother Likely Faces 25 Years In Prison   Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Misty To Be Sentenced On Drug Charge

Missing Girl's Former Stepmother Likely Faces 25 Years In Prison

POSTED: Friday, October 8, 2010
UPDATED: 12:33 pm EDT October 8, 2010

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Misty Croslin Cummings, the 18-year-old who was the last person to see Haleigh Cummings before the girl disappeared in February 2009, is scheduled to be sentenced Friday afternoon on a drug trafficking charge in St. Johns County.
Misty, Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, Misty's brother, Hank Croslin Jr., and two others were arrested in January in an undercover sting and charged with selling prescription drugs in January.

Prosecutors released surveillance videos they said shows undercover drug deals involving Misty and Ronald Cummings.

In August, Misty's attorney, Robert Fields, told the judge that a "landslide of evidence," including the undercover video, led to her to plead no contest.
Misty is the last of the five arrested to be sentenced. Ronald Cummings and Hank Croslin Jr. both received 15-year sentences.
On Friday, Misty will be sentenced on one count of trafficking in oxycodone in St. Johns County, facing a maximum penalty of 25 years in prison.
She still faces sentencing on seven counts of drug trafficking in Putnam County, where she could face up to 200 years. That hearing is set for Oct. 19.

Prosecutors said she could qualify for a reduced sentence as a youthful offender, since she was 17 at the time of the crime, which could reduce her sentence to between six and 25 years.
Authorities have maintained that the drug charges have no connection to the ongoing investigation of Haleigh's disappearance, which they now consider a homicide case.
Haleigh was 5 years old when she vanished from her home in Satsuma, in southern Putnam County. Misty, who was Ronald's girlfriend when Haleigh disappeared, married and divorced him within six months.
Even with little to no physical evidence, deputies are treating Haleigh's disappearance as a homicide, and investigators have continued questioning the Croslins while in jail hoping to learn new information.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Gets 25 Years in Drug Charge   Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin: Woman at center of missing girl case faces sentencing for drug charges   Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:12 am

Misty Croslin: Woman at center of missing-girl case faces sentencing for drug charges

Misty Croslin was babysitting her then-boyfriend's daughter, Haleigh Cummings, when she vanished from their double-wide trailer in Putnam County in February 2009.

Compiled by Orlando Sentinel
8:13 a.m. EST, January 10, 2011

Misty Croslin, the young woman at the center of a missing-girl mystery, is scheduled to be sentenced today on drug-trafficking charges in Putnam County.

Croslin, 19, was babysitting her then-boyfriend's daughter, Haleigh Cummings, when she vanished from their double-wide trailer in the rural Putnam County community of Satsuma in February 2009.

Haleigh, who was 5 when she vanished, has never been found and no one has been charged in her disappearance.

Putnam County officials have ruled her case a homicide and have said Croslin hasn't told everything she knows.

Since the disappearance, Croslin and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, were arrested on drug charges. Croslin was sentenced to 25 years in prison on a drug-trafficking charge in St. Johns County. She is scheduled to be sentenced on seven drug-trafficking charges today in Putnam County.

Her sentencing is set for 1:30 p.m. in a courtroom in Palatka.

This is a developing story, Check back later for updates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   

Back to top Go down

HALEIGH CUMMINGS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next