LOVE AND PROTECT ALL CHILDREN

A discussion of children, their welfare, well being and lives. We must protect them, they are our future.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

HALEIGH CUMMINGS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: SO: Nothing Found Where Tip Says Haleigh Buried   Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:50 pm

S.O.: Nothing Found Where Tip Says Haleigh Buried

Letter Dropped Off Last Week Offered Burial Site For Missing Girl

POSTED: 11:55 am EDT September 28, 2009
UPDATED: 4:29 pm EDT September 28, 2009

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Investigators said they found nothing at a possible burial site for missing 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings, who was last seen in February.
A letter was dropped off at the newspaper offices of the St. Augustine Record last week. According to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, the letter contained information about a possible burial site of the Satsuma girl.
The Sheriff's Office said the tip -- one of 4,000 received so far in the case -- did not lead to Haleigh.
Also last week, two letters written by a friend of Misty Cummings brought to light a theory about what happened to Haleigh. The letters, written by Kristina Renee Prevatt, claimed authorities have a sworn affidavit indicating Haleigh died after accidentally ingesting OxyContin.
Prevatt, a friend of Cummings, was jailed on drug and other charges. Prevatt apparently wrote the letters to her boyfriend and her mother, claiming investigators interrogated her about the Haleigh case.
The Sheriff's Office said it did interview Prevatt, but would not verify the truthfulness of anything else in the letters.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Divorce for Ronald & Misty Cummings?   Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Divorce for Ronald and Misty Cummings?

Updated: 10/6/2009 10:36:55 AM

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- Ronald and Misty Cummings appear to be headed for divorce.

According to Ronald Cummings' family law attorney, no paperwork has been filed, but the marriage will not last much longer.

Cummings, and 17-year-old Misty were married a few weeks after Ronald's daughter Haleigh Cummings disappeared from his home in Satsuma.

Misty was the last person to see Haleigh.

Ronald and Misty took time from the search effort in Putnam County to go to New York City for a honeymoon and an appearance on the "Today" show.

Stay with First Coast News for the latest on this developing story. CLICK HERE for complete coverage of the Search for Haleigh.

©️2009 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.

Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Cummings Accused in I-4 Road Rage   Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:59 pm

Misty Cummings Accused In I-4 Road Rage

WESH 2 Speaks Exclusively With Alleged Victim

POSTED: 10:28 pm EDT October 7, 2009
UPDATED: 10:41 pm EDT October 7, 2009

LAKE MARY, Fla. -- The person who last saw Haleigh Cummings before the child disappeared has been accused of chasing another driver on a busy highway in a fit of road rage.
Deputies said Misty Croslin Cummings was the aggressor in the chase that caused a woman to fear for her life. The woman spoke exclusively to WESH 2 Wednesday night.
"Cutting me off, slamming on the brakes, coming up next to me, hanging out of the car, saying they're going to kill me," the victim said.
The alleged road rage victim, who asked to keep her identity hidden, said she merged onto Interstate 4 at Maitland Boulevard, unknowingly crossing paths with Misty Cummings, the stepmother of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.
Police said 17-year-old Misty Cummings was a passenger in a car with a female friend, and the victim said the two made threats for about 10 miles. That's when, the victim said, it looked like the missing toddler's stepmother pulled out a gun.
"The passenger was flaunting something around, made it seem like she had a gun," the woman said. "That with the threatening, chasing me down, made me pretty scared."
Just south of Lake Mary Boulevard, deputies got in between the traffic trouble. They said the car in which Misty Cummings was riding exited the highway and pulled into a gas station.
WESH 2 reported Tuesday that Haleigh's father and Misty Cummings' husband of six months has filed for divorce.
Copyright 2009 by WESH.COM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings: Nancy Grace doesn't buy Ronald's explanation for Divorce   Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:50 am

Haleigh Cummings: Nancy Grace doesn't buy Ronald's explanation for divorce

Haleigh Cummings: Nancy Grace doesn't buy Ronald's explanation for divorce

Ronald Cummings faced withering scrutiny from HLN's Nancy Grace during an exclusive interview last night.
Grace wanted to know why Cummings had decided to divorce Misty Croslin-Cummings, whom he married in March. Misty was the last person to see his daughter Haleigh. The 5-year-old girl from Satsuma disappeared in February.
"It's hard enough to be a married couple, and then we can't go anywhere without being questioned or people staring at us," Cummings said in explaining the divorce.
To that, Grace scoffed, "So you're getting a divorce because people stare at you? I don't believe that for one minute."
Cummings said that was just part of the reason for the divorce. "The two of us have agree to go separate ways," he said. "And if in the long run, something comes about Haleigh, then she can -- you know, it will be whatever, but I don't ... I still don't... "

Grace wondered what he was trying to say: "Are you trying to say, in the long run, you may get back together? In the long run, she may finally tell you what happened that night? In the long run what?"
Cummings said he couldn't predict what would happen. "With the family problems and everything else, it's just -- it's just too much on the relationship," he said.
Cummings said he brought up the divorce first and Misty soon after agreed to it. For the Grace show, he wore a suit and tie -- he looked ready for church.
Grace wondered if those family problems are that Misty's clan says she isn't being truthful about Haleigh's disappearance.
"It's not only that," Cummings said. "It's just everything."
And what of Misty's whereabouts?
Brandon Beardsley, a family law attorney for Ronald Cummings, supplied an answer.
"My understanding is before she left for Orlando that she stopped by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department and told them where she was going if they needed her," Beardsley said.
Grace didn't buy Beardsley's explanation for why the couple were divorcing. The attorney cited the pressures of being in the media spotlight.
"Nobody gets a divorce because somebody looks at them in the checkout line," she said. "I'm not buying that for a minute."
How would Grace go over on "Divorce Court"?
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Re: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:57 am

I agree with NG.....

"I'm not buying that for a minute" either.

PS Ron's been on her show before wearing a Suit & Tie...... so that's nothing new,

but he has to learn to stop digging into his baggy shorts pockets
because they are dragging him down........the crotch is somewhere
near his knees.....and making it difficult for him to walk properly.

It's not very attractive looking......
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings - Step Mom's Lawyer Files for Divorce !!   Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Haleigh Cummings – Step Mom’s Lawyer Files For Divorce!

Posted on October 10th, 2009
by Simon Barrett in Op-ed, crime
Read 2,322 times.

Against her lawyer’s advice Misty Croslin decided to take a trip to NYC and appear on the CBS early show. What she felt she had to gain from national coverage is anyones guess, but the result is, Misty once again has no legal representation. Her appearance on the CBS Early Show came as no surprise, it is more a question of motive?
First Coast News reports:

Cummings will no longer be represented by Putnam County attorney Robert Fields. He says he feels he has “navigated her through the most difficult parts of this matter,” and he “wishes her well.”

Fields advised Croslin-Cummings not to go to New York for the nationally televised interview Friday morning.
From this simple statement you can gain much.
Misty Croslin has much to learn, but at 17 years old, who does not?
I was talking to an author yesterday who happens to be an attorney. We were talking about life in general, and the subject of Haleigh Cummings did not come up. He did however say something that hit a chord. Clients that ignore legal advice are destined for a bad result.
Misty Croslin may be too young to realize the severity of the situation she finds herself in. My sources, and they are very strong sources, are still saying that Misty is not the culprit, but she knows way more than she is saying.
The longer this case continues, the stranger it becomes.
A fine example of that statement is Misty’s new ‘well heeled’ friend Donna Brock. She has ties to Tim Miller’s TES organization, and Tim himself admitted that he has given money to Donna to pay for Misty’s vacation.
I thought Tim Miller and Texas EquuSearch were involved with missing people, not trying to beat the Make A Wish Foundation!
No doubt this subject will crop up on tomorrows radio show
In fact we learned quite a lot on last weeks program.
Of equal interest is what Ronald Cummings is doing. I suspect that after his last ‘Miss Nancy’ show he needs to find another outlet. It was pretty clear that even Miss Nancy, his biggest supporter, was getting just a little ticked off.
When talking Atom Bombs, and Atomic Energy in general there is a term ‘Critical Mass’. The search for missing Haleigh Cummings has reached that level.
For those that actually cover the story rather than slam those that do, I applaud you!
Simon Barrett
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: HALEIGH CUMMINGS & CAYLEE ANTHONY BNN RADIO WRAP UP   Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Haleigh Cummings & Caylee Anthony BNN Radio Wrap Up Oct/11

Posted on October 11th, 2009
by Simon Barrett in crime
Read 161 times.

Both of these stories make my hair curl and give me a huge headache. One tot Caylee Anthony is most certainly dead. Caylee Anthony will never go to her prom, she will never have a career, never have a family. She was murdered. The only viable culprit is her mother Casey Anthony. Of course that does not prevent the defense (nightmare) team from spreading their net far and wide, in their attempt to keep Casey Anthony from the death sentence.
A favorite scape goat seems to be Jessie Grund. A more ridiculous claim I cannot think of.
In the Haleigh Cummings case we have a melange of stupidity! I have to admit that there are occasions where I think that every family member was somehow connected to the story line of the movie Deliverance. Oh that is just my thoughts!
On todays show we had a special guest, Pastor Richard Grund, he and his son Jessie have been under fire from the prosecution from the outset. It is crass stupidity, but, it plays into Jose Bozo Baez’s plans. The National Enquirer has featured Richard Grund on their front page. A big story about how Caylee Anthony was a human sacrifice! Of course in the final few lines of their expose they point out that they absolutely no proof! Ah, truth in reporting!
Richard Grund joined us for the first part of the program, and certainly set the story straight.
Our second segment concerned missing 6 year old Haleigh Cummings. It is now 8 months since she was last seen. There have been no charges laid, there are no persons of interest. Yet, there are. What I first perceived as bad investigating, has turned into a whole different scenario.
Haleigh Cummings has hit the heart of many people, most of the press are happy to sit back and wait for information to be spoon fed to them. A few of us are not. TJ Hart of WSKY 97.3 is a stellar example. TJ has dogged this case from day one.
I know this will come as a bit of a shock to some folks, but when we say we have sources, it is not some crackpot anonymous hotmail email account! Our sources are real people, some that might surprise you.
All in all it was an entertaining show, and with that in mind I suggest that you read between the lines. Much was said, and yet not said. Listen carefully, you might catch some gems.
The program is available here.
Simon and Jan Barrett
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Lawyer: Haleigh's Dad Concerned Over Stepmom's Statements   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:43 pm

Lawyer: Haleigh’s Dad Concerned Over Stepmom’s Statements

Monday, October 12, 2009 8:52:34 AM

NEW YORK -- The father and stepmother of Haleigh Cummings have gotten caught up in a “he said, she said” on national television.

Misty Croslin Cummings appeared on the CBS “Early Show” Friday, saying she thought a member of her husband’s family may have kidnapped the missing 6-year-old girl from her Putnam County home in February.
Ronald Cummings was supposed to appear on the show Monday morning, but dropped out at the last minute.
Appearing in his place, Ronald Cummings’ lawyer, Terry Shoemaker said his client had some concerns with Misty’s statements.
“Ron has stuck by Misty all along,” Shoemaker said. “He has had some concerns about the statements she’s made, but he has stood by her all along.”
Shoemaker said the pressure surrounding Haleigh’s disappearance was what led to the couple’s impending divorce.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings: Misty points to Bio-Mom's family   Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:07 am

Haleigh Cummings: Misty points to biological mom's family

Who took Haleigh Cummings?
Misty Cummings has clarified her comment to CBS' "Early Show" that she feels "the other side" of the family has the little girl who disappeared in February.

Misty meant someone on the family side of Haleigh's biological mother, Crystal Sheffield. "I don't think that she personally had anything to do with it," Misty Cummings added. "Just someone on her side of the family."
Cummings said, with "100 percent" certainty, that she had nothing to do with the child's disappearance.

Cummings also said she never left her home the night Haleigh vanished. Misty's two-part interview with CBS' Maggie Rodriguez concluded this morning. It had started Friday. Rodriguez had planned to interview Ronald Cummings, who is Haleigh's father and Misty's husband. Ronald didn't show up because his son became ill, his attorney, Terry Shoemaker, told Rodriguez.
"Ron has stuck by Misty all along," Shoemaker said. "He's always thought she's told the truth. He has had concerns regarding what she has said, some discrepancies between different statements. But he has stood by her all along."

Shoemaker said his client "in no way" believes Misty was involved. The attorney attributed the couple's decision to divorce to pressures on the two.
Ronald doesn't know what happened to his daughter and hasn't accused anyone but he believes his child is alive, Shoemaker said.
Misty was babysitting then-boyfriend Ronald's two children and told "The Early Show" she put them to bed at 8 o'clock the night Haleigh vanished. Misty added that she looked in on them at 10 before she went to bed.
"I did not leave my house at all," Misty said.
Rodriguez wanted to know why did Misty's brother told police she wasn't there.
"Trying to get out of jail -- that's what I think," Misty said.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Exclusive: Misty Cummings' Undercover Mama!!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:28 am

Exclusive: Misty Cummings’ Undercover Mama!

Art Harris on CNN HLN’S Jane Velez Mitchell Show: What Did Misty Confide?
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, ©️ artharris.com, all rights reserved
It was a unique search operation for Tim Miller, founder of Texas Equusearch, who seems to have a sixth sense – and a track record few can challenge, cracking unsolved mysteries by making people talk, finding the missing and the dead, offering expertise and equipment to police –and hope and closure to grieving families.
But in the search for Haleigh Cummings, he’s found his toughest challenge yet.
Instead of scanning ocean bottoms or busting through bedrock, he’d hoped to chisel away at the hardened heart of a tortured teenager, a child bride of 17 who police still believe holds the key to a missing five year old she reported missing eight months ago, while babysitting in Satsuma, Florida.
Call it “Operation Misty,” with one of Miller’s volunteers playing Misty Cummings’ undercover Mama, to keep her safe and glean information that he hoped might be useful to the Haleigh task force, The Bald Truth has learned.
In an exclusive interview with The Bald Truth Monday, Miller confirmed he secretly funded Misty Cummings’ mystery road trip to Daytona, Cocoa Beach, and Orlando, including a visit to Universal, after after she flunked a lie detector — because he feared her life was in danger. “If she died, we’d never find Haleigh,” he said.
Only last week’s road rage incident, when police pulled Misty over with driver and new best “friend” Donna Brock, blew his cover. Courtney Ballinger told the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office that a driver and passenger of a blue Dodge Caliber kept gesturing and making threats as they were driving near her on Interstate 4. No one was charged or arrested, but Brock was identified as a Miller volunteer, outted by a Florida radio station.
The information, that her pal, Donna, was in effect a spy, albeit for a good cause, reached Misty after the CBS Early Show flew the women to New York for Misty’s two part interview last week. “She was sitting there and got a text from Ronald, telling her what happened,” says Miller. “Let’s just say she wasn’t too happy.”
Brock is a long time Texas Equusearch volunteer; she’s worked on searches in North Carolina and in the Caylee Anthony case, lives parttime in Florida and, Miller tells me, offered to befriend Misty with a two-pronged goal: to glean information Misty confided that Miller would feed Putnam County Sheriff’s investigators, and to put some distance between her and husband Ronald Cummings.
“I was afraid Ronald Cummings might carry out his threat to ‘blow her teeth through the back of her head’ if it turned out she had anything to do with his missing daughter, then kill himself,” Miller told The Bald Truth.
”We’ve worked several missing persons cases where the one we believe has the answers has died or taken their own life, like Trenton Duckett’s Mom, and the case dies with them. If anything happened to Misty, the key to finding Haleigh, or what happened to her, would be gone.”
Miller says he first became alarmed after Misty “miserably” flunked a polygraph and a voice stress test he says she asked him to set up to clear her name—after initially balking. In getting to know the couple, to make them feel comfortable, he’d dropped by the Satsuma trailer where they lived with Annette Sykes, Ronald’s grandmother.
There, he says Ronald lead him to a closet, where he kept an assault rifle, with two clips, each holding 32 rounds, and pulled it out.
With his 3 year old son, Junior, watching, Miller tells me Cummings “made a statement that if he found out Misty had some involvement, he’d blow her teeth through the back of her head.
“Then, he put the (assault rifle) down on floor, butt first, and almost got on his knees, bent over, and put the barrel in his mouth, and says, ‘I’ll kill her, and then kill myself, and take a few others with me.’
“I said, ‘Ronald, give me that damn gun! You don’t need that gun around here. We don’t need anymore problems,’ and he said, ‘No, I’ll need this one more time.’
“And Junior is in the room, watching, and I’m thinking, ‘Here we go. He’s got a gun in the closet that doesn’t lock. It’s not in a locked gun case and there’s Junior in the house. It felt like child endangerment to me.
So I said, ‘Ronald, you already lost one child, and even at Junior’s age, they’re curious, and you don’t want to lose another child being irresponsible with this damn gun.’ That was the bedroom where he said he slept with Misty and Junior.”
Miller said he relayed the gun incident to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department, as Ronald and Misty appeared to be butting heads, with numerous family fights reported on this site, and documented by police. Ronald Cummings lawyer could not be reached for comment, nor did Donna Brock return our calls.
Two weeks ago, cameras captured Misty and Ronald in a very public embrace before Misty climbed into the car of a mystery friend who would later be identified as Donna Brock, and took off for the beach. Our sources told us, however, that The Kiss, belied the tension between them, and over the next week, we reported numerous fights via phone and text, including one where Ronald purportedly told Misty not to come back.
Shortly after she returned to Satsuma, Ronald’s mother, Teresa Neves, blamed major dysfunction in Misty’s family as one culprit in the relationship, with a restraining order against brother Tommy, who’d accused Ronald of decapitating a rat and putting it in his mailbox, both Misty parents declaring they felt she knew more than she was revealing about Haleigh, and a mother awaiting transfer to the Putnam County jail from Tennessee on theft charges.
Meanwhile, Misty flew to New York for the CBS Early Show, accompanied by Donna Brock, with the network paying for round trip airfare, hotel and meals, as is customary for those flown in for interviews.
At the same time, Ronald Cummings was telling his story to Maury Povich, for airing Oct. 22, and the couple was blaming media pressure, that they could go nowhere without mass attention, for the cause of their split, even hinting reconciliation might be possible one day.
Is any of this beginning to sound scripted?
As we reported the roller coaster relationship, we were told initially Misty had split from Ronald, gone AWOL, with the couple fighting and acrimonious.
Then as we learned more, we were asked not to reveal our sources of the inside information on the rift in progress, lest we blow TE’s strategy to unearth any surreptitious Haleigh leads, and honored that request. We did confirm independently that law enforcement was receiving a regular feed and updates on Misty whereabouts, along with tidbits that might be useful in the investigation, on a voluntary basis.
In no way were Miller or Brock official agents of law enforcement, sources tell me, or agents would have to read Misty her Miranda rights, that she was a target and that anything she said might be held against her.
“Detectives didn’t know where they were all the time,” says one insider close to the investigation,”but they knew how to find her if needed.”
Indeed, when Misty Cummings returned from her initial road trip week ago, she spent a few days in Satsuma, then joined back up with Brock who Miller describes as “the mother she never had,” for the brief New York foray back into fame, her second bite at the Big Apple after The NBC Today Show with Ronald.
Then it was back to Florida, and Satsuma, where Brock let her off at a gas station in Satsuma Saturday night, a bit of a come down, Miller tells me.
By then, Misty’s initial anger had passed, he says, with Donna reporting back she’d actually gotten a kiss on the cheek from her new friend, who also told her, ‘I love you.’
Now that Miller has confirmed his Undercover Mama, he says he still has compassion for Misty, who “didn’t stand a chance” with the upbringing she received. “But the only reason we did this is to help find Haleigh.”
Whether Misty or anyone is ever arrested or charged with a crime remains up in the air, but at least for a time, if she ever winds up behind bars, Misty Croslin Cummings can say she got a taste of the good life, with mini-makeovers, hair and nails, a little spoiling, and a sympathetic shoulder to cry on and confide in, thanks to Miller and TE special agent Donna Brock.
With her lawyer, Robert Fields, resigning last week after she kept ignoring his advice, Misty may well feel alone in the world; her father has moved back in with brother Tommy; her mother remains behind bars, and sister in law Lindsay tells me she can’t come home again—though they’d welcome her – until and unless she asks the judge to drop the TRO against Tommy.
Meanwhile, her grandmother, Flora Hollers, in Nashville, asks me to relay a message to her that she will drop everything and drive to Satsuma to pick her up, if she wants to come home to live with her. The family, by in large, seems relieved Ronald is out of her life, for now.
But those close to the case can only hope an isolated Misty will reveal what investigators believe she’s holding—information that just might solve the case.
Miller says she asked to speak with detectives several days ago, so Brock drove her in and sat with her, as investigators laid out what her future could look like if they make a case against her: she may be too young to get the death penalty, but life in prison is a possibility, she was told.
“We still don’t’ believe she’s giving us straight information,” a source close to the case tells me. “She keeps telling us the same thing over and over again, and we have information that shows it’s not true…At some point, she has to make a decision if she wants to stay the course, or is she going to tell us.
“We’ve told her, ‘We are going forward with the case, no matter what your commitment is, and the moment we can prove you had something to do with the disappearance of Haleigh, we will proceed with criminal charges against you.’”
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Divorce Final for Missing Girl's Dad - Stepmother   Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:54 am

Divorce final for missing girl's dad, stepmother

updated 12:22 a.m. EDT, Sat October 17, 2009

(CNN) -- A Florida court has approved the divorce of the father of Haleigh Cummings, a Florida girl who disappeared in February, and the girl's stepmother, a key witness in the case.

Ronald Cummings divorced his wife, Misty, who was the last person to see his daughter, Haleigh.

Ronald Cummings, 25, cites irreconcilable differences in ending his short marriage to his 17-year-old wife, whom he married more than a month after Haleigh went missing from her father's home in Satsuma, Florida, on February 9. Cummings has made several public pleas for information in her disappearance.

Misty Cummings, then known as Misty Croslin, was the last person known to have seen Haleigh the night she disappeared from the family's rented mobile home. The teenager said she tucked Haleigh and her 4-year-old brother into bed about 8 p.m. and went to sleep herself two hours later, but awoke at 3 a.m. to find the girl missing and a cinder block propping open a back door.

Ronald Cummings called police and reported his daughter missing when he returned from work at dawn.

Investigators have said they do not feel Misty Cummings has told them everything she knows.

"The police have been telling me that I've been keeping Misty under my wing and that's why she hasn't talked to the cops," Ronald Cummings told a HLN's "Nancy Grace" producer earlier in October. "So now, here you go, I divorced her. So now go find my baby."

The Putnam County Sheriff's office said in August that "the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh's disappearance is the work of a stranger." Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, are not considered suspects, police said.

"Investigators believe that Misty Croslin-Cummings continues to hold important answers in the case," the sheriff's office said in a written statement. "She has failed to provide any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh's disappearance. Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty's sketchy account of her evening activities."

Croslin has not been named a person of interest or suspect in the case. In televised interviews, Croslin has said she does not know what happened to the little girl, while also saying she believed "the other side of the family" knows where she is.

The couple lived together for about six months before marrying in March.

Under the divorce settlement approved Thursday by a St. John's County court, both sides permanently and irrevocably waive any rights to alimony and other types of financial payments. E-mail to a friend
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Cummings robbed while trying to buy drugs   Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Misty Cummings robbed while trying to buy drugs

Sentinel Staff Report

6:55 p.m. EDT, October 20, 2009

PALATKA - Misty Cummings and two other young women were reportedly robbed Monday night while trying to buy drugs, a television station is reporting on its Web site.

Citing a Palatka police report, WOFL-Channel 35, says Cummings and two other women were at the Ragsdale Apartment Complex on Moody Road in Palatka. when two to three unidentified men grabbed Cummings and took her purse. She suffered minor injuries.

The station says one of the women in the car, Melinda Santmyer, 22, told police the three went to apartment complex attempting to buy drugs.

Cummings was babysitting for missing Satsuma girl Haleigh Cummings, 5, in February when the child disappeared. She has since married and divorced the girl's father, Ronald Cummings.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Exclusive: Expert Believes Haleigh Cummings Dead; Misty Splits   Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:11 pm

Exclusive: Expert Believes Haleigh Cummings Dead; Misty Splits!

By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, (c) artharris.com, all rights reserved

A high profile child finder and veteran of 1,100 missing persons searches, including Haleigh Cummings tells The Bald Truth that he believes the missing six year old is dead, and chances are slim her body will ever be recovered.
“I hate to say it, but there’s no possible way I think she’s alive,” Tim Miller, founder of Texas Equusearch, said in a phone interview with me Monday, taking a break from an unrelated search in the Nevada desert.
He’s not basing his words on hard evidence, but a lack of it, pointing to the “flunked” polygraph he arranged for ex-Haleigh stepmom Misty Croslin, recently divorced from Haleigh’s father, Ronald, and what law enforcement calls “consistently inconsistent” statements about what happened to the little girl she reported missing Feb. 10.
Both Miller and Putnam County Sheriff’s investigators have said they believe Misty holds the “key” to unlocking the mystery of the missing child, if she’d only turn it. But Croslin maintains her innocence, and says she woke up to find Haleigh gone.
Miller says he feels no good has come to Haleigh based on what eh says her ex husband has told him as well: that she did not sleep in the bed, that she did not wash clothes as she said because they were out of detergent, and that “he believes she was involved or knows who was. He always said, ‘Keep your friends close and enemies closer.”
“We’ve worked too many of these cases, and after spending all this time without any solid leads, you just get a feel for them,” Miller told me.
“She probably is dead,” one top law enforcement source confided. “That’s what statistics on these cases show, that if you don’t find a child right away, it’s likely something bad has happened. But we’re still working this like a child who is still missing.”
Asked what different techniques would be used on this and a child they believed to have been murdered, he said, “None. You can’t say for sure it’s a murder until and unless you find a body, and we haven’t. But we’re still holding out hope. You have to. We want nothing more than to bring a little girl home alive.”
“If anyone could give us any indication or a clue to follow that says she’s alive, we’d be on it in a heartbeat,” says Miller, who has moved on to other cases with more promise of bringing closure to parents by finding a child, or a body. He understands: his daughter, Laura, vanished and was found murdered, and he’s found some hope and redemption in helping other parents.
Meanwhile, The Bald Truth has learned that Misty Croslin has left the state of Florida, to join her family in Nashville. With few options in Satsuma, she’s hopped a bus to Nashville to help her grandmother, Flora Hollers, a friend confides.
Law enforcement sources tell me they are keeping track of her movements, but with no charges pending or imminent, she’s free to travel wherever she wants.
Back to top Go down
Duke

PostSubject: Re: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:18 pm

sanny wrote:
Exclusive: Expert Believes Haleigh Cummings Dead; Misty Splits!

By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, (c) artharris.com, all rights reserved

A high profile child finder and veteran of 1,100 missing persons searches, including Haleigh Cummings tells The Bald Truth that he believes the missing six year old is dead, and chances are slim her body will ever be recovered.
“I hate to say it, but there’s no possible way I think she’s alive,” Tim Miller, founder of Texas Equusearch, said in a phone interview with me Monday, taking a break from an unrelated search in the Nevada desert.
He’s not basing his words on hard evidence, but a lack of it, pointing to the “flunked” polygraph he arranged for ex-Haleigh stepmom Misty Croslin, recently divorced from Haleigh’s father, Ronald, and what law enforcement calls “consistently inconsistent” statements about what happened to the little girl she reported missing Feb. 10.
Both Miller and Putnam County Sheriff’s investigators have said they believe Misty holds the “key” to unlocking the mystery of the missing child, if she’d only turn it. But Croslin maintains her innocence, and says she woke up to find Haleigh gone.
Miller says he feels no good has come to Haleigh based on what eh says her ex husband has told him as well: that she did not sleep in the bed, that she did not wash clothes as she said because they were out of detergent, and that “he believes she was involved or knows who was. He always said, ‘Keep your friends close and enemies closer.”
“We’ve worked too many of these cases, and after spending all this time without any solid leads, you just get a feel for them,” Miller told me.
“She probably is dead,” one top law enforcement source confided. “That’s what statistics on these cases show, that if you don’t find a child right away, it’s likely something bad has happened. But we’re still working this like a child who is still missing.”
Asked what different techniques would be used on this and a child they believed to have been murdered, he said, “None. You can’t say for sure it’s a murder until and unless you find a body, and we haven’t. But we’re still holding out hope. You have to. We want nothing more than to bring a little girl home alive.”
“If anyone could give us any indication or a clue to follow that says she’s alive, we’d be on it in a heartbeat,” says Miller, who has moved on to other cases with more promise of bringing closure to parents by finding a child, or a body. He understands: his daughter, Laura, vanished and was found murdered, and he’s found some hope and redemption in helping other parents.
Meanwhile, The Bald Truth has learned that Misty Croslin has left the state of Florida, to join her family in Nashville. With few options in Satsuma, she’s hopped a bus to Nashville to help her grandmother, Flora Hollers, a friend confides.
Law enforcement sources tell me they are keeping track of her movements, but with no charges pending or imminent, she’s free to travel wherever she wants.

Well I believe she will be back...... soon...... but I also believe this is one tough cookie and will not break.....
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: SOMER FOUND - WHY NOT HALEIGH?   Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:48 am

Somer found — why not Haleigh?
Investigators quickly discovered Somer Thompson's body, but factors explain why Haleigh Cummings remains missing

By Anthony Colarossi Sentinel Staff Writer

October 31, 2009

ORANGE PARK — Across the street from where 7-year-old Somer Thompson lived in suburban Orange Park, a memorial grows in the shade of an old oak.

Friends, family and strangers leave candles, flowers, prayer cards, teddy bears, balloons and short, hopeful notes: "You're OK now. God got U Baby" and "You are my Sunshine" and "Justice for Somer."

Profound sadness surrounds the place, but so does a certain sense of closure: Somer Thompson lived here. She is gone now. Somebody did a horrible thing to her, but many others loved this girl.

Fifty miles south in rural Satsuma, there is no closure.

In February, 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings' disappearance captured national attention. Now a billboard along U.S. Highway 17 flashes Haleigh's face every few seconds at drivers passing through town and provides a number to call with tips.

But unlike Somer, whose body was discovered in a Georgia landfill two days after she disappeared, Haleigh has never been found.

Missing-children's experts involved in both cases say the cooperation of Somer's family and her community coupled with some creative and aggressive detective work by the Clay County Sheriff's Office led to the girl's discovery.

At the same time, some say inconsistencies in the account given by the last person thought to have seen Haleigh late Feb.9 has hindered the efforts of investigators with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

The difference between the cases is one little girl being found and put to rest near her home — and a series of fruitless searches through woods, lakes and fields that have turned up no body after nearly nine months.

"In Clay County, they said, 'You know, we've got a little girl missing. Let's go to work,'" said Tim Miller, founder of Texas EquuSearch, who is familiar with both cases. "They've got a family that's being honest. They've got a community that's being honest. They got right in on it, and they just did a tremendous job."

On Tuesday, Somer was buried at Jacksonville Memory Gardens near her home. The discovery of her body has the community frightened, but also confident her killer will be found.

But in Haleigh's case, investigators initially thought the child had been abducted from the Satsuma double-wide of her father, Ronald Cummings. By mid-August, about the time Haleigh would have turned 6, they were publicly expressing doubt that a stranger had taken Haleigh. And investigators noted that Misty Cummings "continues to hold important answers in the case." At the time of Haleigh's disappearance, Misty Cummings was Misty Croslin but later married Haleigh's father. They have since divorced.

Tests have shown Misty Cummings to be deceptive when answering questions about Haleigh's disappearance.

"From very, very early on, we stated publicly there were inconsistencies in Misty's story about what happened that evening," said Putnam Deputy Sheriff Hancel Woods, adding that investigators continue to work the case daily, as they have handled nearly 6,000 tips.

While praising the team investigating Somer's case in neighboring Clay County, Woods said the two cases have many differences, and nothing at this point suggests they might be related.

"Obviously there are similarities drawn due to geographic proximity and the girls' ages, but each case stands on its own," Woods said.

Crucial differences

Though Clay detectives have received widespread praise for finding Somer so soon, experts say Putnam officials have done their job well, too.

"Putnam County [investigators] did everything right," Miller said this week. "Unfortunately they didn't have a damn thing to work with."

Investigators working on the Somer Thompson case had the pressure of time slipping away with each hour Somer was missing. But they were prepared. Several months earlier, they had trained for just such a scenario: a child who went missing after school.

They had started searching Somer's neighborhood quickly, including the trash coming out of the Grove Park neighborhood, where the girl was last seen walking home from school early last week, according Clay Sheriff Rick Beseler.

But one detective, Bruce Owens, came to work early the morning after Somer was reported missing and noticed "dumpsters were being picked up" in the neighborhood, Beseler said.

"Bruce said to me that morning, 'We need to get on those dumpsters,'" Beseler said. "I said, 'I want a deputy on every garbage truck.'"

Orange Park's trash is brought to a local transfer station before being hauled up to a Georgia landfill, where the child was found. If Beseler's team had not tracked the trucks — and their contents — as soon as they did, he said it would have been much harder, perhaps impossible, to ever find Somer and valuable evidence.

"She might have been under too much debris," he said. "... In any abduction murder case, your crime scene is wherever the body is found. Time and the elements cause degradation of any forensic value."

Beseler, who is still awaiting forensic testing done in the wake of Somer's discovery, added, "It has had to unnerve the person who did this that we found her body so quickly."

By late this week, about 50 detectives from the Sheriff's Office, FBI, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the U.S. Marshals Service were working the case.

The crucial discovery of Somer's body so soon may provide a wealth of "forensic evidence," including possible fingerprints, fibers and DNA samples, said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

"You have the ultimate evidence of the crime scene," Allen said. "... While it is a tragedy and an outrage, it does provide substantial evidence for a positive ending. You've got somewhere to start."

He called the sheriff's decision to rapidly follow the trucks "brilliant" and a tactic that will likely be followed by other law-enforcement agencies in the future.

Woods, in Putnam County, said investigators searched the landfill as part of Haleigh's investigation as well. Such searches are routine parts of missing-child and suspected-abduction cases.

"I personally was inside a dumpster, searching that morning," Woods said. The "meticulous" landfill search came a little later, but that's because trash pickup in the area did not occur immediately after Haleigh was reported missing as it did in Somer's case, he said.

'Somebody knows'

Allen emphasized that cases such as Haleigh's, in which the child is not found within days or months, should not be forgotten.

"The reality in each of these cases is: Somebody knows," Allen said. "Somebody knows where Haleigh Cummings is. It's really important that we not let the world forget."

"The key to this case is us getting that one tip, that one lead from someone who knows something," Woods said.

Meanwhile, back at the memorial for Somer at the corner of Debarry Avenue and Horton Drive in Orange Park, Kaliyah Allen, who lives near the Thompson home but does not know the family, said the investigators working the case appear to be handling it well.

"I think they're doing the best they can without exposing too much information and hurting their case," she said. "They're building a case. Honestly, I think they're doing a good job."

Anthony Colarossi can be reached at acolarossi@orlandosentinel.com or 352-742-5934.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Exclusive: Busted Again, Misty Bro' Tommy Croslin NOT Talking!   Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:06 am

Exclusive: Busted Again, Misty Bro’ Tommy Croslin NOT Talking!

Hank Tommy Croslin, Jr., Arrested Thursday in Putnam County, on drug charges
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, (c), www.artharris.com, all rights reserved
The Bald Truth has learned that Misty Croslin-Cummings’ brother, Tommy, arrested at 8:56 a.m. Thursday Nov. 6 in Putnam County, Florida, on felony prescription drug–and drug equipment–possession charges, refused to talk with investigators in the Haleigh Cummings missing child case when they later paid him a visit in jail today. He’s being held on a $1,508 bond.
“They wanted to see if he had anything more to say about what he may know about Haleigh, or his sister, Misty, than he shared last time, and he said he didn’t have anything to add,” a source close to the case tells me in an exclusive interview.
In a public statement, PCSD spokesman Lt. Johnny Greenwood, denied the arrest had “any bearing on the Haleigh Cummings investigation, and we do not want subsequent arrests, such as this one, to cause distractions for our investigative team.”
Distraction or not, any arrest of a family member close to the person law enforcement has announced it believes holds the key to finding out what happened to the missing child–Misty Croslin Cummings–offers investigators a possible way to crack open further the window of mystery window on the case, sources have been telling us.
Tommy’s last arrest several weeks ago, on apparently unrelated gun theft charges, lead to his blockbuster revelation that sister, Misty, didn’t appear to be home when he pounded on the door about 10 pm the night she reported Haleigh missing from Ronald Cummings trailer. He’d never mentioned that curious claim at the time; afterwards, Tommy waltzed out of jail when his whopping $50,000 bond on the gun theft charge was dramatically lowered and he made bail.
At the time, investigators said he’d volunteered the crucial info he’d neglected to reveal months earlier–saying his former brother in law, Ronald, had called his cell phone and asked him to check on Misty when she stopped taking his calls.
Sources say cell phone records back that up; and that Ronald and Misty had been fighting.
At the time, Tommy told investigators he didn’t believe Misty she was home, that no lights were on and no child woke up and came to the door, either.
But no credible witnesses have been able to place Misty outside the trailer in the pre-dawn darkness early Feb. 10, when she insists she was sleeping, dead to the world until she says she awakened about 3 a.m. to use the bathroom, only to find a light on in the kitchen, the back door open and Haleigh gone.
While both Misty’s parents have questioned whether she she was home, her grandmother, Flora Hollers, tells me in an exclusive interview she suspects Tommy and a cousin named “Joe” Overstreet, who was visiting Satsuma relatives at the time, may know more than Mistys. Both are her grandsons.
“Just a grandmother’s intution,” she tells me, “but I don’t believe Misty knows anything, but if she does, I’m hoping she’ll tell me.”
The Bald Truth has reported an Florida Department of Law Enforcement agent assigned to the Haleigh Cummings task force has interviewed Overstreet twice in Tennessee, and that he has so far been ruled out as a suspect or person of interest, as has Tommy Jr.
According to a police report obtained by The Bald Truth, sheriff’s deputies found Tommy passed out in the front seat of the family’s blue min-van on Tyler Street and Buffalo Bluff Road, in Satsuma, Thursday at 8:56 a.m., possibly after dropping his young son, Austin, off at the school bus stop.
Ironically, it’s the same spot where Austin once hopped the school bus with his cousin and best friend, Haleigh, who used to chase him around the yard and kiss him, his mother, Lisa, tells me.
After rescue personnel woke him up, and determined he was okay, a deputy leaned in the open passenger window and “saw a prescription pill bottle, and a small sandwich bag containing several blue pills,” according to the police report obtained by The Bald Truth and posted below.
“I placed Hank in handcuffs until I could determine whether the pills were his or not,” the deputy reported. “Hank immediately began telling me that the pills belonged to his father, Hank Croslin Sr., and that Hank left them in the van. Hank (Jr., aka Tommy) also told me he did not know the pills were in the van. (He) said he had dropped his son off at the bus stop at 8 a.m., and had taken a nap because he was sleepy.”
Another deputy helped identify the pills as possibly illegal narcotics, along with a “piece of a drinking straw that appeared to have some form of powder residue on it–” and a “small baggie in the cup holder … which contained a white powder residue,” (which tested negative for cocaine), according to the report.
Soon, Tommy’s wife, Lindsay, and his father, Hank, Sr. arrived and asked if his son had any “roxies,” because some had been stolen from him the night before. When officers told him no such drug had been recovered, he split, and they read Tommy his Miranda rights. He denied the pills were his, said officers, and insisted they belonged to his father before he was placed under arrest and taken to jail.
The report identified the blue, orange and other pills as alprazolam, oxycodone; one identified as a cyclobenzaprine had been prescribed to Croslin, according to the pill bottle.
Lt. Greenwood said no officers would have any comment on the arrest. “We appreciate the media for keeping Haleigh in the spotlight, but the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office is concentrating on finding Haleigh Cummings and bringing her home to her family,” he said in the release.
For the full police report, click: TOMMY CROSLIN JR ARREST 2009-9839
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Exclusive: Haleigh Cummings (ex) Step-Mom, Misty, Home Free   Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:36 am

Exclusive: Haleigh Cummings (ex) Step-Mom, Misty, Home Free

Misty Croslin galpal, Melinda Santmyer; Order to Dismiss-Click to Enlarge
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, (c) www.artharris.com, all rights reserved
The Bald Truth has learned that Haleigh Cumming’s ex stepmother, Misty, moved back home with her family in Satsuma, Florida Monday night after a local judge granted her request to lift a protective order she’d taken out against brother, Tommy Croslin, barring any contact. She slapped him wtih the order after getting caught in a crossfire of fists when he fought her now ex husband, Ronald Cummings.
 After Putnam County Judge Elizabeth Morris dissolved the injunction for domestic violence against her brother, the controversial siblings were allowed to share the same space, and Misty went home. “I know they’re all happy about having her back,” sister in law Chelsea Croslin tells The Bald Truth, “and she’s happy to be back.”
 As the 17 year old babysitter who reported Haleigh Cummings missing last February 10, then married and divorced her father, Ronald, Misty has come under increasing scrutiny by law enforcement as the last person to see the missing six year old dead or alive. Detectives believe she’s hiding information; she denies it.

 Since her recent divorce, she’s lead a vagabond life, a teenager under suspicion with no place to go. Friends and family tell me she spent two weeks with her grandmother, Flora Hollers, in Nashville, then last week took a bus back to Florida, and moved into a seedy trailer with the galpal she was with the night she was robbed while purportedly trying to score drugs in the projects.
 Misty denied she was among the drug seekers, but last month her now roommate, Melinda Sue Santmyer, 22, who recently took her in, told Palatka police they were together, with another friend, trying to hook up a drug connection when they were robbed and Misty was roughed.
 But Melinda’s pad was apparently far from harmonic and Misty’s host allegedly turned violent, sources tell me, after her boyfriend insisted she stay home with her two children, not head into the night last week.
 On Nov. 11, Santmyer was arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery and destroying property, and booked into the Putnam County Jail on a $2,500 bond. Misty stayed to babysit her children, friends tell me, until Melinda was released Monday, the same day Misty’s parents gave her a ride to the Putnam County Courthouse to tell Judge Elizabeth Morris she was no longer afraid of her brother, Tommy, and asked that she dissolve the order barring any contact.
 Sources tell me Misty then left alone. Her lawyer, Robert Fields, had to be out of town and says he had given her instructions on what to say in the routine civil action dissolving the injunction for protection. Tommy also appeared before the judge—but not until Misty had left—because he was barred from any contact until the judge granted his sister’s wish.
 On Tuesday, the court clerk faxed the vacated order to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department, alerting them Tommy would no longer be in violation of the injunction if they found him with Misty.
 That paved the way for the vagabond teenager to go home last night. Misty maintains she does not know what happened to Haleigh, but both parents have expressed doubts, and detectives are keeping track of her every move.
Court Document:
MELINDA SUE SANTMYER
CRESCENT CITY, FL
Booking Date & Time: 11/11/2009 8:41:19 PM – Booking#: 09-04689
Release Date & Time: 11/16/2009 12:32:29 PM
DOB: 7/17/1987 – RACE: W – SEX: F
Charges Misd/Felony Degree Bond Bond Posted
806.13-1b1 DAMAGE PROP-CRIM MISCH 200 DOLS AND UNDER M S $504.00 11/16/2009 12:45:00 PM
784.03-1a1 BATTERY TOUCH OR STRIKE M F $1,004.00 11/16/2009 12:45:00 PM
784.03-1a1 BATTERY TOUCH OR STRIKE M F $1,004.00 11/16/2009 12:45:00 PM
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misry Injunction doc   Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:37 am

Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Brother of Misty Croslin Facing Domestic Violence Charges   Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:22 pm

Hank Croslin Arrested Again

Brother Of Misty Croslin Facing Domestic Violence Charges

POSTED: 11:26 am EST November 20, 2009
UPDATED: 11:37 am EST November 20, 2009SATSUMA, Fla. -- Just two weeks after an arrest on drug charges, Hank Croslin Jr. is in jail again.

This time, Misty Croslin's brother is facing domestic violence charges.
Putnam County deputies said the arrest stems from an argument he had with his father over DVDs.
Hank's sister, Misty, was the last person to see missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings before she vanished.
She recently divorced Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: EXCLUSIVE: Misty Croslin Family Fist Fight; Brother Tommy Jailed   Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:28 pm

Exclusive: Misty Croslin Family Fist Fight; Brother Tommy Jailed!

Tommy Croslin mug shot
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, (c) www.artharris.com, all rights reserved
Two days after Haleigh Cummings stepmom, Misty Croslin, dropped her domestic violence injunction against him, brother Hank Thomas Croslin, Jr., aka Tommy, 23, was back behind bars Thursday before noon, arrested and charged with one count of domestic battery –this time for allegedly fighting with his father, Hank, Sr.
No bond was set, which is customary with a domestic violence charge. “They just called me and told me, ‘Tommy got out of line, that they were fighting and Tommy went to a jail,” sighed sister in law Chelsea Croslin in an interview with The Bald Truth. “Nobody really knows what the argument was over. All I know is they called me and said, ‘Tommy’s back in jail …”
Croslin is scheduled to appear before a county judge Friday, Nov. 20, but it’s unclear if law enforcement will request a sky high bond, like the whopping $50,000 set on a gun theft charge that was lowered only after he recently revealed a shocking twist in the missing child case—claiming Misty didn’t answer when he banged on her door about 10 p.m. the night Haleigh vanished, and didn’t appear to be home. No witnesses have placed her elsewhere, and she insists she was home – sound asleep.
A high bond would suggest detectives want to sweat Tommy while they have him, to see if any more information falls from his pockets.
In a police report that reads like another episode of Satsuma Meets Springer, we go ringside Thursday morning. It’s 8 a.m., breakfast time — Misty’s second day back home with family in rural Putnam County, Florida, since she slapped Tommy with a domestic violence charge for fighting with her now ex husband, Ronald Cummings—then, Tuesday told a judge she was no longer afraid of him, sources tell us, and asked that the injunction against him be dropped.
Bouncing between friends in Satsuma, Jacksonville and family in Tennessee, she’s had no place to live since Ronald divorced her, and as she took in the breakfast scene, must have wondered about her logic of coming home to Mama Lisa, recently out of jail herself on theft charges, and Daddy Hank (who’d accused her ex of trying to poison him with bad pills) — two parents ly nicknamed “crackheads”) who said publically they doubted she had told police everything she knew about Haleigh’s disappearance, but still loved her. Misty fondly calls her parents “crackheads.”
has fondly icknamed a
Now here was Misty, and the family stinkpot was cooking.
In one corner, looking “flushed…(his) left eye swollen:” an angry brother, Hank Thomas Croslin, Jr., 23, aka Tommy, who claimed he’d “thrown a bag of DVDs” to his Dad, who then “got mad and hit (him) in the head. ”
In another corner, actually, out on the screen porch we’ve visited: father Hank Croslin, Sr., who told a different tale, that “he and Tommy were wrestling,” then he grew “uncooperative,” and clammed up, said the report.
“Tommy stated his left eye was swollen where Hank hit him,” according to the report,” but …refused to write a written statement. Tommy kept a hostile posture throughout the investigation…was extremely uncooperative…and, continued to try instigating verbal altercations with his father, Hank, and his mother, Lisa Carmen Croslin.”
Onlookers included not only Haleigh Cummings’ ex stepmom, Misty, 17, who reported Haleigh missing Feb. 10, and remains key to the investigation for what police believe she hasn’t revealed, but her party pal, Kristina Prevatt, 18. That’s right, Nay Nay, small town party girl now seeking shelter with a friend after her own purported domestic love spat.
It was Nay Nay who drove Ronald’s ex on what all described as a three day binge of sex, drugs and drinking with White Boy Greg Page, the weekend before Haleigh vanished.
There was also Tommy’s son, Austin, who misses playmate Haleigh terribly, his family tells me; the report said he’d just missed the school bus he used to take with Haleigh, but “did not want to go with his father because he was scaring him.”
”I don’t think anyone really got hurt,” Chelsea Croslin told me in a telephone interview. “It’s just, when Tommy gets riled up, he likes to yell a lot, and I guess he wouldn’t calm down, so someone called the police.”
Missing in action was Tommy’s wife, Lindsay, the rock of the family who is juggling nursing school with motherhood while living at ground zero amid a town aptly nicknamed Dysfunction Junction. She’d spent the night in the hospital, and was apparently waiting for someone to pick her up when the fight broke out, said Chelsea. “Someone told me they were fighting over who should go pick her up,” she said.
“Lindsay had two seizures last night,” her mother, Peggy Collins, told me in an exclusive interview, possibly grand mal seizures she believes were triggered by exhaustion and stress.
“Lindsay was not raised like that,” said Peggy. “I just hate what’s happening. She’s finishing nursing school, and her husband is in jail as we speak. He used to be such a good guy; he had a great job…Then he got on drugs and he just won’t straighten up. There’s a lot of help out here if he’s willing to ask for it.”
When it comes down to the family of missing six year old Haleigh Cummings, chaos –and drugs –seem to be an on-going theme. We’ve also learned that Haleigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield, has had an on going drug problem, her former lawyer reveals in a sworn affidavit she filed with the Florida bar—a drug problem she claims she didn’t know about until June.
Crystal and her mother, Marie, filed a complaint against Picazio for refusing to fight for custody of Haleigh and Junior, her son. But Picazio has now revealed that when she learned her client had lied to her about on going prescription drug abuse, she knew that was not a fight she could win, nor file in good conscience. We’re attaching her statement, with more filings to come.
Police report
tommy croslin nov 19 police report in word
Order dissolving Misty domestic violence complaint against brother Tommy:
>
Case Dismissed–Crystal Sheffield Bar Complaint Dismissed; Read Kim Picazio Client Rebuttal.
picazio response Resp BG
Case Closed–PI Williams Staubs Affadavit Supporting Picazio in Sheffield complaint:
picazio Statement of Staubs
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Re: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:47 am

At the bottom of Exclusive: Misty Croslin Family Fist Fight......

is Kim Picazio's Client Rebuttal.

It's rather long but a good insight to how she was dealing with

Sheffield/Griffis family from the inset.

Well worth the read.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Tommy Croslin - Out of the Slammer   Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:01 pm

Tommy Croslin – Out Of The Slammer

Posted on November 21st, 2009
Read 56 times.

Haleigh Cummings ex-stepmoms brother Tommy Croslin is once more out on the streets. The No Bond hold was reduced to a much more manageable $504, and someone apparently had the ability to scrape up the $50 to pay the bond company. Of course one has to wonder where they keep coming up with the Bond money? None of the seem to have be independently rich, in fact few of them even seem to have any clear income stream.
I am beginning to think that the Croslin family should consider talking to their local Bail Bond company, maybe they could negotiate a volume discount! Maybe a Frequent Felon program! Maybe a Frequent Felon point for each dollar posted on a new bond. At that rate, within a few months the family could consolidate their points, and truley have a ‘get out of jail free’ card.
Actually, quite by accident I discovered another interesting tid bit about Hank Thomas Croslin Jr, in 2008 he had a judgment against him by Ford Motor Credit to the tune of $13,141.80. One wonders where he gets all this money from to pay all of these bills? I do have a copy of the judgment here.
What I find disturbing is that when you start poking around in the families and friends associated with the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings an unfortunate commonality emerges. None of them pass the smell test. They all seem to have dark secrets hidden in the closet. Clearly this cannot be helping the PCSO in their investigation. Drugs and stupidity abound. At every turn, everyone even remotely connected looks guilty.
The police maintain their position that Haleigh Cummings was no stranger abduction, well I think they should reclassify it to Idiocy Abduction, likely not done by a stranger.
One observation that I have is that while PCSO are keeping quiet, they must be at least mildly excited in the fireworks that are erupting all around. And there are some more set to go off in the very, very near future.
I have a sneaking hunch that our radio program tomorrow is going to have some very interesting content. Will it help find Haleigh? God I wish it would. The truth though is that directly it will not, but indirectly it may help quite a lot. A lot of air will be cleared. Some of which might surprise you. Tune in at 3pm central on Sunday Nov/22, the link is here.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Exclusive: Misty Cummings Mom Speaks Out   Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:06 am

Exlusive: Misty Cummings Mom Speaks Out!

Lisa Croslin speaks exclusively to www.artharris.com about her daughter, Misty.
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, ©️ www.artharris.com. all rights reserved
SATSUMA, Fla.–The Bald Truth has learned Misty Cummings, the 17-year old who was baby-sitting Haleigh Cummings the night she vanished, has been warned to “watch what she says” about what happened the night Haleigh disappeared.
In an exclusive interview with artharris.com (aka The Bald Truth), the Croslin family tried to put to rest troubling questions about Misty’s varying accounts about the night she was supposedly home alone with Haleigh and her little brother, Junior.
“I don’t know if it was Misty’s mistake in the story or if it was turned around by the media,” says sister-in-law Lindsy Croslin, 22, who sat next to Misty’s mother, Lisa, and spoke to me exclusively at their home in Satsuma two days after The Today Show interview that sparked debate about Misty’s credibility.
“She says they were all in the bed, but Haleigh was on the floor on her mattress in her little bed watching TV,” her mother, Lisa Croslin tells me. “Junior was in the bed with Misty.”
Who was sleeping where and what child was watching which video where has been hard to decipher, and investigators tell me they are still pouring over Misty Cummings’ accounts of finding Haleigh missing, and comparing them, including her interview with www.artharris.com.
“We almost have to tell her to watch what she says,” explained Lindsy, “not because she’s hiding anything, but because it’s so mixed up, and then they start asking more questions and more questions. She’s just so tired. She just doesn’t want to talk about it.”
Here’s what Misty told artharris.com in an exclusive interview CNN’s Nancy Grace Show is expected to feature tonight, along with our exclusive Lisa Croslin sitdown above:
“I put her (Haleigh) to bed at 8 o’clock,” Misty told me. “That’s her bedtime when she has school. She didn’t’ go to sleep…She was probably asleep in about 30 minutes.I was washing her blankets.
“I laid her blanket on top of her when she was sleeping. Then I made my bed and got into bed. Then I woke up about three o’clock to go to the bathroom.
“On the way from the bathroom, I noticed the kitchen light was on. I walked to the back door and noticed the back door was open, so I run back to my bedroom to get my cell phone to call Ronald and that’s when I noticed Haleigh was gone.
“I was scared, I didn’t’ know what to do. I’ve never had to go through anything like that before. I was very, very scared.
“I called my mom to let her know what was going on. I was really terrified, scared.”
In our interview, her mother, Lisa, tells me Misty always “sleeps with lights off., So when she woke up and noticed the (kitchen) light was on when she went to the bathroom. hen when she went around the corner, she noticed the back door was open…She ran back to the bedroom and Haleigh wasn’t in there. That’s when she started calling.”
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Christmas without Haleigh Cummings   Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:08 am

Christmas without Haleigh Cummings

Updated: Monday, 30 Nov 2009, 11:30 PM EST
Published : Monday, 30 Nov 2009, 11:30 PM EST

MATTHEW SAFFER | WAWS TV
WELAKA, Fla. (WAWS TV) - It has been almost ten months since Haleigh Cummings was taken from her Satsuma home in the middle of the night. Her family is getting ready for Christmas, but the idea of spending the holiday without Haleigh, is almost too much to bear.
"If I could get anything for Christmas, it would be Haleigh. No doubt. That's all I want for Christmas," said Haleigh's father Ronald Cummings.
Ronald invited Action News teams over to his house to speak with him and his mother about the holidays. Ronald has moved a massive memorial filled with Haleigh's toys and pictures to the main room of the Welaka home hes staying in. The memorial takes up an entire wall of the living room.
Christmas was Haleigh's holiday, according to Ronald and his mother. On Christmas, Haleigh was one of the most animated of all the children who came over to enjoy the holiday.
"It's just going to be horrible if shes not here," said Haleigh's Grandmother Teresa Neves.
Ronald remembers the holidays when Haleigh was home as well. "A typical Christmas would be the whole family gets together at my grandmas house. We eat a real big dinner, and then we open a lot of presents when were done eating. A lot of presents, a lot of smiles from the children. It's going to be hard," said Ronald.
Ronald says the reason they are even celebrating this year is for Haleigh's 4-year-old brother, Ronald Jr.
Haleigh's grandmother says whenever they're out shopping for presents, Ronald Jr. constantly reminds her to buy something for Haleigh. She thinks in some way, it still hasn't settled in that his sister is gone.
"It's the same for everyone in this family. We just want whoever has her, let her go. You can have anything we have, just bring our little girl home," said Teresa Neves with tears in her eyes.
"Thanks to all the law enforcement that was involved in helping look for Haleigh. Thanks for all the ones still looking for her. Please continue to look for her. I need to find my daughter. She's not yours. She has a family who loves her," said Haleigh's father Ron.
A candlelight vigil will be held on the night of December 10, to keep the awareness up about Haleigh. The reward for information on Haleigh's whereabouts now stands at $30,000.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings - BNN on The Radio Sunday Dec 6 @ 3pm Central   Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:21 am

Haleigh Cummings – BNN On The Radio Sunday Dec/6 @ 3pm Central

Posted on December 6th, 2009

We will be running our regular Sunday radio program, and as best I can tell we will be back up to full speed with our panel. Simon and Jan Barrett, Programing director and ace reporter for WSKY 97.3 out of Gainsville. Florida, Tj Hart, crime writer Denny Griffin, investigator William Cobra Staubs, and hopefully investigative journalist Levi Page.
While there has been little of note happening in the search for Haleigh Cummings over the past few weeks, the investigation is very much alive and active. Earlier today Capt Dominic Piscitello made the following comment:

Someone knows what happened. We are not going to put this case on the shelf and let it go cold. I will assure anyone who wants to know that I personally will see that this case is on our mind, tongue, and heart every single day until we find her.
I find this heartening, here is a man who will not walk away from this case.
We are rapidly approaching the 10 month mark that Haleigh Cummings has been missing. It is time she came home.
To listen to the program just point your browser to www.blogtalkradio.com a few minutes before 3pm and you will see the link to the program on the main page.
Simon and Jan Barrett
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   

Back to top Go down

HALEIGH CUMMINGS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next