LOVE AND PROTECT ALL CHILDREN

A discussion of children, their welfare, well being and lives. We must protect them, they are our future.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

HALEIGH CUMMINGS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings Update - The Croslin's and Cummings Manage a $1,300,000 Bond Problem   Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Haleigh Cummings Update – The Croslin’s and Cummings Manage A $1,300,000 Bond Problem

Posted on January 20th, 2010
by Simon Barrett in crime

Details are sketchy, but there certainly is something going on in Putnam County tonight. We have no details, but obviously the Haleigh Cummings search is taking on a new direction.
For months I have been fielding questions about why the PCSO do not do something in this case, “haul them all into jail” people screamed. The problem was that there was little that people could be charged with. Misty buying cigarettes was hardly going to be a reason to keep her incarcerated for more than a few minutes.
The one thing that we were all convinced of though was at some point they would make some egregious error. That error seems to have been made today.
Misty Croslin, Ronald Cummings, and ‘rat boy’ Hank Croslin are all behind bars. The incident was obviously drug related. But this was no minor infraction of getting busted with a joint or a couple of Oxy’s. This is major stuff.
Hank Croslin is the bronze medal winner, his bond only sits at $100,000.
Ronald Cummings comes in with the silver medal, his bond is set at a hefty $500.000.
But the gold winner is Misty Croslin, she managed to get herself a $700,000 problem.
Just another day in Putnam County!
It is often hard to relate bond allegations to the actual events, but this ‘family’ round up does seem to involve a large amount of illegal drugs. Quite honestly I would not trust any of them with a bottle of Baby Aspirins, one has to wonder who the ‘brain cell’ was that involved them?
TJ has the booking details.
Simon Barrett
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Missing Putnam Girl's Father & Ex-Stepmom, Others arrested on Drug Charges   Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Missing Putnam Girl’s Father and Ex-Stepmom, Others Arrested on Drug Charges

by Jan Barrett in All News, Society and Culture, crime

Breaking News from TJ Hart - Jan Barrett

The information is coming in slowly and in fragmented regarding the drug-related arrests in Putnam County of Ronald Cummings, his ex-wife Misty Croslin and her brother Hank “Tommy” Croslin.

RONALD LEMYLES CUMMINGS
WELAKA, FL
Booking Date & Time: 1/20/2010 8:56:11 PM - Booking#: 10-00276
Release Date & Time: 1/20/2010 9:14:00 PM
DOB: 10/29/1983 - RACE: W - SEX: M

Charges

Misd/Felony
Degree
Bond
Bond Posted
893.135-1c1
DRUGS-TRAFFIC 4 GRAMS LESS 30 KG OTHER CNTRL SUBST
F
F
$100,000.00
893.135-1c1
F
F
$150,000.00
893.135-1c1
F
F
$250,000.00

$500,000.00

MISTY CUMMINGS
Booking Date & Time: 1/20/2010 9:38:57 PM - Booking#: 10-00278
Release Date & Time:
DOB: 12/9/1991 - RACE: W - SEX: F

Charges

Misd/Felony
Degree
Bond
Bond Posted
893.135-1c1
F
F
$100,000.00
893.135-1c1
F
F
$100,000.00
893.135-1c1
F
F
$100,000.00
893.135-1c1
F
F
$150,000.00
893.135-1c1
F
F
$250,000.00
893.135-1c1
F
F
$250,000.00

$950,000.00

HANK THOMAS CROSLIN
SATSUMA, FL
Booking Date & Time: 1/20/2010 9:27:28 PM - Booking#: 10-00277
Release Date & Time:
DOB: 8/2/1986 - RACE: W - SEX: M

Charges

Misd/Felony
Degree
Bond
Bond Posted
893.135-1c1
F
F
$100,000.00

$100,000.00

TJ Hart
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings Update - Press release From Lt. Johnny Greenwood   Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:06 am

Haleigh Cummings Update - Press release From Lt. Johnny Greenwood

This is printed in its entirety - Simon
Date: January 20, 2010
On January 20, 2010, investigators from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, HIDTA Tri-County Drug Task Force, and the Office of the State Attorney, 7th Judicial Circuit, concluded a month-long undercover operation with the arrest of four (4) Satsuma residents and one (1) individual from Orlando for trafficking in controlled prescription medications.
During the operation, investigators made several purchases of Oxycodone and Hydrocodone medications from these individuals. Ronald Lemyles Cummings, Misty Janette Croslin, Hank Thomas “Tommy” Croslin Jr., Hope A. Sykes, and Orlando resident Donna Broch, were arrested and charged with trafficking in controlled prescription medications. If convicted as charged, Ronald Cummings, Misty Cummings, and Donna Broch, could receive a minimum mandatory sentence of twenty-five (25) years in state prison. If convicted, the other individuals can receive minimum sentences ranging from three (3) years to fifteen (15) years in state prison. An undercover Putnam County Sheriff’s Office Detective purchased large quantities of prescription medications from this group on seven (7) separate occasions. The estimated street value of prescription drugs seized is $3,900.00.
Today, the second phase of the operation was concluded. Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin purchased trafficking amounts of prescription medications from undercover investigators. Both individuals were immediately arrested and taken into custody without incident. The other individuals were arrested on active arrest warrants resulting from this investigation. The following list details the charges and bonds for the subjects involved in this case:
Misty Janette Croslin, DOB: 12/09/1991 –
Six (6) Counts of trafficking in Prescription Medications (Bond – $950,000.00)
Ronald Lemyles Cummings, DOB: 10/29/1983 –
Three (3) Counts of Trafficking in Prescription Medications (Bond – $500,000.00)
Hank “Tommy” Croslin Jr., DOB: 08/02/1986 –
One (1) Count of Trafficking in Prescription Medications (Bond - $100,000.00)
Hope A. Sykes, DOB: 03/24/1991 – One (1) Count of Trafficking in Prescription Medications (Bond - $150,000)
(Photo Not Available) Donna Broch – One (1) Count of Trafficking in Prescription Medications (Bond - $250,000.00)
This operation was in response to the growing problem of the illegal sale and distribution of prescription drugs within Putnam County and surrounding areas. Prescription drug abuse is rapidly on the rise in Putnam County, and is one of the toughest crimes for law enforcement to combat. Most dealers are merchants of their own addiction, and sell these prescription medications to simply support their own habit.
Information was obtained that these individuals were unlawfully selling prescription medications in the community. Sheriff Hardy assigned detectives from the Drug/Vice Unit to the investigation. An undercover Putnam County Detective infiltrated this group, gaining the trust of these drug dealers.
Sheriff Hardy acknowledges the rise in prescription medication crimes in our community, and understands that this is a precursor to many other crimes affecting our citizens. He has instructed his investigators to not only aggressively pursue the subjects who are illegally selling prescription medications, but also the individuals who are unlawfully possessing and using these highly addictive drugs.
As stated in previous releases, investigators assigned to the Haleigh Cummings investigation will take every available opportunity to speak with any individual believed to have knowledge about Haleigh Cummings’ disappearance.
Lt. Johnny Greenwood
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office
130 Orie Griffin Blvd.
Palatka, Florida 32177
(386) 326-2782
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Exclusive: Misty Croslin, Ronald Cummings Jailed on Drug Charges!   Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:15 am

Exclusive: Misty Croslin, Ronald Cummings Jailed on Drug Charges!

Misty Croslin Mug Shot
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, (c) www.artharris.com, all rights reserved
The Bald Truth has learned exclusively that Misty Croslin, 18, ex-stepmother to missing six year old Haleigh Cummings, was arrested late Wednesday in Putnam County Florida on six felony drug trafficking charges, with bond set at a whopping $950,000. Records show she was booked into the Putnam County Jail at 9:38 p.m.
Her ex-husband, Haleigh’s father, Ronald Cummings, was also arrested on major drug trafficking charges, and booked into the county jail at 8:56 pm. His bond was set at a half million dollars.
My sources also tell me Misty’s brother, Tommy, was also arrested on drug charges in a major drug operation that may finally give law enforcement leverage they need to learn whether any of those arrested know what happened to Haleigh.
Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Tipster led to drug charges against Haleigh Cummings' father, ex-stepmother   Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Tipster led to drug charges against Haleigh Cummings' father, ex-stepmother

By Anthony Colarossi and Willoughby Mariano, Orlando Sentinel

3:16 p.m. EST, January 21, 2010

A tipster led Putnam County officials to suspect that the father and former stepmother of missing Satsuma girl Haleigh Cummings were involved in prescription drug trafficking, officials say.
That's when they arranged to have an undercover detective purchase more than 300 pills – in the oxycodone and hydrocodone families – during seven recent controlled buys, according to Lt. Johnny Greenwood with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.
"It was our undercover detective that infiltrated the group," Greenwood said today.
Now, Ronald Cummings, 26, and Misty Croslin, 18, could face a minimum-mandatory sentence of 25 years in state prison after their arrests on multiple counts of trafficking in prescription medications, according to a news release sent out by the sheriff's office Wednesday.
The father and former stepmother of the missing girl were among five people arrested Wednesday in the prescription drug trafficking sting, Putnam County deputy sheriffs said.
Haleigh Cummings, then 5, captured national headlines when she disappeared from her father Ronald Cummings' double-wide trailer in February.
Croslin was baby-sitting the girl while Cummings was working a night shift. She told investigators that she woke up and realized Haleigh was gone about 3:30 a.m.
There were no signs of forced entry, and the back door was ajar. At the time, Croslin was Cummings' girlfriend. They have since married and divorced.
Haleigh's body has not been found and there have been no arrests in her disappearance.
Today, Greenwood said the drug case and the case involving Haleigh's disappearance remain separate, but he expects the two investigations to intersect at some point in the future.
"These two investigations will collide," Greenwood said. "Their paths will cross eventually."
However, he said it was not the investigation's intent to develop the drug case in order to make progress on the young girl's disappearance, which is approaching its one-year anniversary.
"Hopefully, something will come out of it on the Haleigh side, but that was not the intention," Greenwood said. "This was totally unrelated. It was a very good narcotics case."
Misty Croslin was particularly active in the prescription drug operation, officials said. As in many other parts of Florida and the country, prescription drugs have become a growing problem in Putnam County and nearby counties.
"She [Misty Croslin] was involved in all of them [the drug purchases]," Greenwood said. "She was the common denominator in all seven buys."
Felony warrants obtained by the Orlando Sentinel today indicate that Misty Croslin was found selling or holding oxycodone and hydrocodone in Putnam and St. Johns counties on several occasions last month and this month. Twice she had or sold more than 28 grams of the drug, the warrants state.
Since the missing child's case drew national attention in early February, Croslin has been no stranger to the law. In October, Palatka police said she was robbed while trying to buy drugs in that town.
When asked about the familiarity of Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings and their alleged dealing, Greenwood said, "They've been in the media spotlight since Day One."
The Cummings and Croslin arrests this week were part of a month-long investigation by the Putnam Sheriff's Office, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, a federal drug taskforce and the 7th Judicial Circuit State Attorney's Office, according to the release.
The undercover Putnam County detective purchased $3,900 worth of drugs from Croslin and Cummings, as well as Hank Thomas "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 23, Hope A. Sykes, 18, and Donna Brock, deputy sheriffs said.
Hank Croslin and Sykes are from Satsuma. Brock is from Orlando. Her age was not immediately available.
Hank Croslin is Misty Croslin's brother, Greenwood said.
On Wednesday, undercover investigators purchased what the deputy sheriffs described as "trafficking amounts" of prescription drugs from Cummings and Misty Croslin. They were taken into custody without incident.
Deputy sheriffs did not say whether they plan to interview the drug suspects in Haleigh's disappearance.
"Investigators assigned to the Haleigh Cummings investigation will take every available opportunity to speak with any individual believed to have knowledge about Haleigh Cummings' disappearance," the release stated.
Misty Croslin faces six counts of trafficking in prescription medication. She is being held on $950,000 bail. Cummings is being held on $500,000 bail for three counts of the same charge.
Hank Croslin, Sykes and Brock face one count each of the trafficking charge. Hank Croslin's bail is $100,000; Sykes is $150,000; Brock's is $250,000 bail.
Each defendant had initial appearances this morning and their bail amounts were kept the same, according to State Attorney's Office spokesman Chris Kelly.
Ronald Cummings is held at the Flagler County Jail. Misty Croslin, Hank Croslin and Brock are held at the St. Johns County Jail; and Sykes is in the Putnam County Jail, Kelly said.
Anthony Colarossi can be reached at acolarossi@orlandosentinel.com or 352-742-5934.
Willoughby Mariano can be reached at wmariano@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5171.

Copyright ©️ 2010, Orlando Sentinel
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Justice for Haleigh/An Amazing New Twist In Her Case   Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Justice For Haleigh/An Amazing New Twist In Her Case

January 21, 2010 by niecey456

Last night before I went to sleep I prayed very hard for the children that are missing. I prayed really hard for Haleigh as well as Baby Gabriel, and many more. I prayed that if they are still alive for them to please be brought home soon. I prayed that if they are no longer with us, for them to still be found and the TRUTH be told, because they deserve it, and because the person or persons responsible need to be brought to JUSTICE. Imagine my response when I first check my site this morning to find a link from my friend Mikka that some of those yahoos in Satsuma have been arrested for selling drugs and could get up to 25 years. Ron and Misty being in the group. Check it out:
http://www.wesh.com/news/22298625/detail.html
So I hopped over to look at the Jacksonville News and low and behold got a bit more. Apparently these dingbats were selling to undercover officers over time. I’m reading at least 7 different times. Check it out:
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2010-01-20/story/haleigh_cummings_father_and_former_stepmom_to_appear_in_court_this

Ronald Cummings

Misty Croslin Cummings

Hank (Tommy)Croslin Jr.

Donna Brock

Hope Sykes

They were arrested late Wednesday night. What were they selling? They were selling exactly the prescription drugs that Nay Nay’s letter claimed Haleigh was over dosed on. The same drugs that Misty’s Dad was arrested for doctor shopping for not long ago. He was going to different doctors getting the same prescriptions. The drugs: Oxycodone and Hydrocodone. Ronald, Misty and Donna are facing a minimum mandatory sentence of 25 years in state prison for the charges they are charged with. The other 2 are facing from 3 to 15 years.
“Misty Croslin, 18, faces six counts of trafficking in prescription medications, while Ronald Cummings, 26, is charged with three counts. Hank Croslin Jr., who is Misty’s brother, Sykes and Brock each face one count of trafficking in prescription medications. All but Brock are from Satsuma. Brock is from Orlando and was with Misty when they were pulled over in October in Central Florida accused of road rage. Sykes may be related to Cummings.
Misty Croslin and Hank Croslin Jr. are in the St. Johns County jail; Ronald Cummings is in the Flagler County jail. Misty Croslin is being held on $950,000 bail; Cummings, $500,000; Brock, $250,000; Sykes, $150,000; and Hank Croslin Jr., $100,000.”
Now Donna Brock is the one that got close to Misty to try and get at the truth. She did this for Tim Miller, and was a searcher for TES. She was also the one as previously mentioned that was with Misty when she had her little road rage incident. Somehow I think she got just a little too close to Misty, and I don’t think she did it to find Haleigh. I’m sure Tim is not very happy about this one. I wouldn’t blame him either.
I think now is a good time to review Nay Nay’s letter:
http://www.artharris.com/2009/09/23/letter-from-misty-galpal-did-haleigh-cummings-od/
Misty’s father’s arrest:
http://www.wftv.com/news/21723642/detail.html
I find it very interesting that these drugs keep resurfacing with these people, and while I can’t say that what Nay Nay’s letter said was true, I do find it very interesting. I think drugs had everything to do with what happened to Haleigh. I also think that LE has a wonderful opportunity to lean on this bunch, now that they have them in jail. What’s even more interesting is they are in different counties. They had quite a business going. Poor Haleigh. I pray that this is the break this case needed.
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin's First Appearance in Court Today   Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Misty Croslin’s First Appearance in Court Today!

Posted on January 21st, 2010
by Jan Barrett in Op-ed, Society and Culture, crime

OK by now we all know that there was a lot of excitement in Putnam County or should I say the whole area between three Florida counties.
The then 17 year old babysitter/girlfriend/then bride/now divorced Misty Croslin, Ron Cummings (father of missing Haleigh Cummings from Putnam County), Hank Croslin Jr., Donna Brock, and Hope Sykes were all busted in a drug sting last night and before we could bat an eye, they were separated not only by cell rooms but by jailhouses in different counties.
Misty and her brother, Hank and Donna Brock of Orlando Florida are being held in St. John’s County jail, supposedly because a number of the alleged transactions that took place there in that county.
Ronald Cummings is being held in Flagler County and Hope Sykes of Satsuma is being held in Putnam County.
When Misty appeared in court this morning the Judge in St. Johns County made it clear to her that she was being charged with 6 counts of drug trafficking, five for which is from Putnam County and one in St. Johns County. He told her that her bond was being set at $950,000.
Now here is what shocked me and threw me for a loop. Judge Charles Tinlin asked Misty whether or not she could afford an attorney and her response to him was that she could afford one and in fact she already had one. I was like WOW! I want to be on the payroll this girl is on if she isn’t working yet she can afford an attorney. Those guys are expensive.
Now I know some people ask what does all this have to do with finding little Haleigh Cummings. Well in a way it could very well be what was needed to be done. Maybe now someone that holds the key will be singing like a bird hoping for a plea deal or something. Who knows?
It seems like every time things start to really get quiet in this case one of this gang messes up and gets arrested for something and the gossip stirs. I think maybe they all need to sit down with George and Cindy Anthony and talk. George and Cindy could give them some lessons on how to stir gossip and trouble without getting yourself locked up behind bars.
The only difference between the Anthony’s (the grandparents of the murdered Caylee Anthony from Orlando) and the Cummings/Croslin clan in my book is that the Anthony’s never get thrown in jail for what they do to cause trouble (not that they shouldn’t but for some reason they never do so there must be a secret lesson here somewhere that the clan from Putnam County could learn). In fact the Anthony’s manage to get free rooms at the Ritz Carlton Hotel and got to eat steak dinners and probably drink expensive wine. Oh and let’s not forget all the trips to New York and California to make special appearances on TV news shows and a nice vacation on a cruise ship for the family for what was it, 3 or 4 days? Oh well I say family but of course Casey didn’t get to go. While they were out on the deck of the boat getting a suntan Casey was sitting behind bars all alone. How sad is that? Anyway I will not go there right now, but honestly the Cummings/Croslin clan needs to take lessons. If they want publicity why don’t they go out as a team and find Haleigh? That would get their names in print and their faces plastered all over the TV and internet and it won’t cost them thousands of dollars like going to jail does.
Do they honestly even think about Haleigh anymore? Well if they don’t WE do and WE want this precious little girl found. If anyone knows anything that will lead the Putnam County Sheriff’s office to find her PLEASE report it so she can come home. America waits patiently (OK well some maybe not so patiently but they still wait) for her to be found. I pray that the latest activities in Putnam County will wake someone up and make them realize NOW is the time to speak up.
Jan Barrett
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings Update - TES Responds about Donna Brock   Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:12 pm

Haleigh Cummings Update – TES Responds About Donna Brock

Posted on January 21st, 2010

Both WSKY and BNN reported the multiple arrests of people associated with the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings last night. It was a fast and furious few hours. Both TJ Hart of WSKY and BNN were burning the midnight oil.
The one thing that I have learned from reporting on this case is that you have to expect the unexpected. The PCSO in someways are like a sleeping bear, they almost seem to be hibernating for weeks, or even months at a time. But when they wake up, all hell breaks loose.
Last nights arrests, and huge bond amounts are proof of this. As the story was breaking we reported that Misty Croslin was being held on a $750,000 bond, that number has actually jumped, her bond is now just under $1,000,000.
Haleigh’s father Ronald Cummings sits in jail with a mere $500,000 problem. Rat Boy Tommy Croslin only has a $100,000 bond problem,
The really interesting name in last nights adventures is Donna Brock. This is the Texas Equusearch lady that wined, dined, and pampered Misty Croslin on Tim Miller’s expense account. Miller has been somewhat coy as to where the money came from to give Donna the money for Misty Croslin’s fabulous vacation. He has said that it came from his own wallet. That likely is true, but how did the money make it into his wallet? Indirectly it seems a possibility that his organization might have financed a wild weekend for Misty and Donna.
TES has wasted no time to distance themselves from Donna Brock. This is the woman that Tim Miller claimed to be the very bastion of righteousness. Donna, according to interviews on cable TV was a much truanted member of TES.
TES wasted no time in publishing Donna Brock’s ‘resignation’ letter. The only problem is that it was not written by Donna Brock! She apparently did not resign, she was fired! This leads to another question, was she a volunteer or a staff member? Generally you just tell a volunteer that you thank them for their efforts, but you no longer require their efforts.
You can read the whole letter, but the statements that caught my interest were:

Please allow this letter to serve as your official termination from Texas
EquuSearch. This was a unanimous decision reached by the Board of Directors.
Accordingly, you are to no longer represent yourself as being a member of Texas
EquuSearch, a volunteer of Texas EquuSearch, or in any way affiliated with Texas
EquuSearch.
This wording is serious, yet also nebulous. It does not actually claim that she was on the payroll.
The second, and last paragraph says:

A formal request is being made herein for you to return any t-shirts, hats,
identification badge or anything else in your possession with the Texas EquuSearch
logo or artwork to this office at the above address immediately.
How can a trusted person like Donna become the scapegoat? Actually it is pretty simple to understand. On October the 3rd I reported this story. Now by my estimations this was almost four weeks prior to the letter of termination. What happened?
It is easy to understand why Tim Miller and TES wants to distance themselves from Donna Brock. She has become a huge iceberg in the ocean of fund-raising for the organization.
There are some people that question the integrity of Tim Miller and his organization and the Donna Brock letter is a great example. Within less than 28 days she went from being the ‘pet’ of the organization to someone that required removal. Tim Miller made lots of hay with the story about ‘his’ Donna Brock’ helping crack the Haleigh Cummings story. Nancy Grace was on it like ‘white on rice’ (well once it was explained to her).
So what went wrong? Why did Donna Brock find herself on the outs? One day she is Tim Millers best buddy, the next she is toast!
A standing joke in the industry about Tim Miller… nah, this is not the time nor place. It will come out, and maybe Donna Brock will be the person that reveals it. Sitting in jail with a $250,000 bond problem does give people lots of time to reflect. Will she spill the beans?
Simon Barrett
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Defense Lawyer to Misty Cummings: 'Shut Up!"   Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:39 am

Defense Lawyer to Misty Cummings: “Shut Up!”

Ronald Cummings mug shot, after he was booked
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, (c) www.artharris.com, all rights reserved
The Bald Truth has learned that detectives investigating the Haleigh Cummings case tried to quiz Misty Croslin Wednesday night after her arrest on felony drug trafficking charges about what she may know that could finally crack the mystery of what happened to the missing five year old she reported missing almost a year ago.
But Haleigh’s ex stepmother refused to cooperate, on advice of her attorney, Robert Fields of Palatka, Florida. “I advised her to invoke her right to remain silent and let her attorney do any talking,” Fields told me in an exclusive interview I reported on CNN’s Nancy Grace Show Thursday night.
Fields told The Bald Truth he doubted Misty would be leaving St. Augustine, Florida’s St. Johns County Jail anytime soon. She’s facing a $950,000 bond that would require she pay ten percent, or a $95,000 cash fee for a bondsman to guarantee Misty would show up in court.
Hinting at a possible defense strategy, Fields scoffed at law enforcement’s claim the drug case against Misty was developed without any consideration of her role as what amounts to a person of interest in the Haleigh Cummings case, and apart from any ties she has to the other drug defendants. Misty’s lawyer said his client was targeted for drugs as a way to pressure her for information in the missing child case, and that police denials were like arguing there’s “no pink elephant in the living room, when you’re looking at the elephant.”

“If law enforcement wants to set up a drug deal to get painkillers off the streets, they could target a lot of people in Putnam County,” Fields told The Bald Truth. “But they targeted only people with ties to Haleigh Cummings. How can they say the drug case and the Haleigh case are a separate matter?”
But the special agent in charge of the tri county drug task force that oversaw the successful undercover operation, told me local police acted on a tip the accused were selling dangerous prescription drugs that have become an epidemic in Florida, and had to be taken down. Dominic Pape of the FDLE tells The Bald Truth the drug investigation was apart and unconnected to Haleigh Cummings, though law enforcement conceded they’d be delighted if the case could be cracked from any new leverage the drug busts might give Putnam County in the missing child case.
To maintain the integrity of the drug cases as a standalone probe, and avoid giving defense lawyers a freebie “target” defense in the drug cases, Lt Greenwood tells me Haleigh Cummings task force detectives were kept in the dark until the day before the drug bust went down. But Fields maintains “it’s pretty much impossible to say they are separate.”
Over the last year, sources close to the case have told me investigators brainstormed and day-dreamed of a way to pressure Misty to cooperate in the Haleigh case, cranking up the heat every chance they got–putting brother Tommy in jail on a gun theft charge with a whopper of a bond, sending Misty’s mother to jail on an unrelated check theft charge, keeping Misty broke and isolated until she got desperate to make a buck.
One of her co defendants, Misty confidante Donna Brock, who spoke exclusively with me over the last few months, has told The Bald Truth that law enforcement leaned on her to cut Misty loose, stop giving her rides, buying her meals, enabling her in any way, hoping she might crash and burn, and get desperate enough to do something, anything that would land her in jail to stew and consider the consequences of remaining tight-lipped.
Donna Jaquith, who owns a Palatka, Fla. Bonding company and has bailed out Ronald Cummings and members of Misty’s family before, tells me she got a call from Misty sister in law Lindsay Croslin Wednesday night, asking how much it would take to spring husband, Tommy. He’s charged with one count of drug trafficking and faces a $100,000 bond.
Ordinarily Jaquith, tells The Bald Truth, the fee would be $10,000, but she told Croslin she’d accept half and finance the balance if she could come up with $5,000 cash. She hasn’t heard back, but wants to cut them a break. “The Cummings and Croslins have been very good clients,” she told me, “very good for business. Of course, I hate to see anyone get arrested.”
Even Jaquith says she’s experienced pressure from law enforcement to back off, and let them the Cummings or Croslin clan stay in jail if they get popped. “One detective stopped in to say, ‘You’re not bailing them out again, are you?’” Donna had to remind the officer that was her business.
Also behind bars in St. John’s County: Misty confidante Donna Brock, facing a $250,000 bond for one count of trafficking. She told a circuit judge at her first appearance hearing Wednesday that she didn’t have an attorney, and was assigned a public defender.
Meanwhile, Ronald Cummings remained behind bars in Flagler County, charged with three counts of trafficking that earned him a half million dollar bond—as police deliberately kept him separated from the others.
According to Lt. Greenwood, it’s standard strategy for police to separate suspects in a major drug case with multiple defendants, so they “don’t have a chance to get their stories straight.”
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings Update: New Details on The Arrests of Missing Girl's Father, Ex-stepmon & Others   Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 am

Haleigh Cummings Update: New Details On The Arrests of Missing Girl’s Father, Ex Stepmom and Others

Posted on January 22nd, 2010
by Jan Barrett in All News, Society and Culture, crime

This in from TJ Hart - Jan Barrett
Thursday, FDLE and Putnam County Sheriff’s officials said the investigation that led to Wednesday’s arrests of Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin, Hope Sykes and Donna Brock stemmed from a tip from a source with knowledge of the alleged dealing of oxycodone and hydrocodone.
“We had a source come forward, and our investigator was very good at infiltrating. We were working on it about a month,” Putnam County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Johnny Greenwood said. Misty Croslin, Hank Croslin Jr. and Brock are incarcerated in the St. Johns County Jail. Cummings was moved to the Flagler County Jail. Sykes is in the Putnam County Jail.
All but Sykes were moved to jails outside of Putnam County for security reasons, according to Greenwood. Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin were placed in separate jails to avoid the possibility of communication between them.
Misty Croslin is being held in lieu of $950,000 bail; Cummings, $500,000; Brock, $250,000; Sykes, $150,000; and Hank Croslin Jr., $100,000.
Misty Croslin is facing six counts of trafficking in prescription medications. Three counts of the same charge are pending against Cummings and one against Hank Croslin Jr., Sykes and Brock, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
Florida Department of Law Enforcement Agent Dominick Pape said that potential maximum sentences if convicted are: Misty Croslin, 74 years; Cummings, 43 years; Brock, 25 years; Sykes, 15 years; and Hank Croslin, three years.
Pape said a multi-county task force is stepping up its investigations of prescription drug sales.
Ronald Cummings is the father of 6-year-old HaLeigh Cummings who was taken from their home February 9, 2009 while he was at work. Misty Croslin was the babysitter for HaLeigh that night and was the last person to see her.
Since that night, Croslin’s accounts of the events of the evening have been described by police as inconsistent and in conflict with some of the physical evidence at the scene.
Greenwood said investigators will continue to pursue Haleigh’s disappearance and will use the arrests as an opportunity to try to get more information.
“These are two investigations that are parallel,” he said. “I hope something comes of it and we can gather enough information to bring it to a conclusion.”
Putnam County Sheriff’s officials in September received a letter that News Talk 97.3 The Sky published saying Haleigh died from an oxycodone overdose at a party. They referred to the letter at the time as a “farce.” Please read the letter again.
CLICK HERE FOR THE WSKY EXCLUSIVE STORY OF THE JAIL HOUSE LETTER
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
NAME - Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings
Crime: Missing Endangered Child
City: Satsuma
Date: 02-09-2009
Time: 03:30:00

Haleigh is described as a 6 year old white female. She is approximately 3′0, 39 lbs, blonde hair & brown eyes. Unknown clothing description.
Haleigh was last seen at her residence in the Hermit’s Cove area of Putnam County on February 9, 2009 between the hours of 8-10pm.
A statewide Amber Alert has been issued. An additional $30,000 in rewards have been posted.
If you have any information and wish to remain anonymous, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS (8477) or you can Text your tip by Texting “TIP231 plus your message” to CRIMES (274637).
TJ Hart
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty, Ronald may face long prison sentences   Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:38 am

Misty, Ronald may face long prison sentences

By Kristin Chambers

Published: Friday, January 22, 2010 2:19 AM EST
JACKSONVILLE - Officials reaffirmed Thursday the arrests of the father and former stepmother of Haleigh Cummings are not connected to the 5-year-old's disappearance.

Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin and three others, including her brother, were jailed Wednesday following a monthlong undercover narcotics investigation that involved the trafficking of Hydrocodone and Oxycodone within St. Johns and Putnam counties.

"This is just phase one of the culmination of (Wednesday) night," Dominick Pape, special agent in charge of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement in Jacksonville, said Thursday. "There will be a lot more investigation now and we will be analyzing all of the evidence that was seized upon arrest of all the subjects."

The arrests were made after Cummings, 26, and Croslin, 18, purchased trafficking amounts of prescription medications from undercover investigators Wednesday evening, Pape said.

Others arrested included Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 23, of Satsuma, Donna Brock, 43, of Orlando, and Hope Sykes of Satsuma.

Haleigh Cummings was reported missing early Feb. 10, 2009, from her Satsuma home. No trace of her has been found.

While behind bars, the five may be subject to questioning regarding the night Haleigh disappeared.

"Any time we get the opportunity to interview an individual whose name has come up in the Haleigh investigation, we are going to speak with them," Greenwood said. "We hope something will come out of it, but it was by no means the intent of these cases."

Pape did not associate the two cases in Thursday's press conference, but focused on the drugs.

"This is about prescription pills," Pape said. "This is an outstanding drug trafficking investigation that culminated with the arrest of five subjects."

According to Lt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, all are being held in St. Johns County with the exception of Cummings, who is being held in Flagler County.

Each appeared in court Thursday morning for their first appearance, State Attorney's Office Spokesman Chris Kelly said.

"The prosecutors will review the charging documents and the evidence and make a determination once they have an opportunity to review everything," Kelly said.

Croslin could face up to 74 years behind bars and Cummings could face up to 43 years.

At the first appearance, all bonds were kept the same as set in the arrest warrants, Kelly said.

Bonds were: Croslin, $950,000; Cummings, $500,000; Croslin Jr., $100,000; Sykes, $150,000; and Brock, $250,000.

"This case is ongoing with the potential for more arrests," Pape said.

Croslin was baby sitting the night of Haleigh's disappearance and later married then divorced Cummings. Investigators have been consistent in their viewpoint that she is a key in solving Haleigh's disappearance.

Brock was known to have associated with Croslin in October after an Orlando road-rage incident landed them in the news.

As a volunteer for EquuSearch, Brock previously said she befriended Croslin to pass information about Haleigh's disappearance to investigators.

Pape said the investigation will continue through "phase two," which involves learning where the five allegedly purchased the pills and their methods of obtaining them.

Investigators are also trying to learn how long they may have trafficked the pills, he said.

He added that the sale and use of illicit prescription drugs is on a dramatic rise in Florida.

"We know 75 percent of drug-related deaths in Florida were related to prescription drugs," Pape said. "Oxycodone was related in 2008 to 941 deaths and 499 deaths in 2009."

The investigation that led to Wednesday's arrests involved personnel from the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force and the State Attorney's Office.

kchambers@palatkadailynews.com
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Exclusive: P.I. Claims Group Will Post Bond for Misty and Tommy Croslin   Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Exclusive: P.I. Claims Group Will Post Bond for Misty and Tommy Croslin

This just in from TJ Hart - Simon
As you heard first on Bloggernews.net and TheSky973.com, the arrests of Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin, Hope Sykes and Donna Brock took place Wednesday evening and stemmed from a tip from a source with knowledge of the alleged dealing of oxycodone and hydrocodone, according to Putnam County Sheriff’s officials.
Misty Croslin is facing six counts of trafficking in prescription medications. Three counts of the same charge are pending against Cummings and one against Hank Croslin Jr., Sykes and Brock, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
Misty Croslin is being held in lieu of $950,000 bail; Cummings, $500,000; Brock, $250,000; Sykes, $150,000; and Hank Croslin Jr., $100,000.
Ronald Cummings is the father of missing 6-year-old HaLeigh Cummings of Satsuma, FL who was abducted from her home February 9, 2009. Misty Croslin was babysitting the girl and her younger brother that night and was the last person to see her. Croslin and Cummings married a few weeks later and got a divorce a few months ago.
In a stunning move, private investigator William “Cobra” Staubs called 97.3 The SKY Friday morning to announce that he is representing a group who is seeking to post bail for Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin.
Staubs once led a pro-bono investigation into HaLeigh Cummings’ disappearance and was the source who revealed to the public via 97.3 The SKY, FOX News Channel, Headline News and several online news sites that drugs played a prominent role in the domestic lives of Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, her family and perhaps might have been a factor in the child’s abduction.
AUDIO: William “Cobra” Staubs
Staubs left his independent investigation shortly after his arrest on charges of false imprisonment regarding the temporary cuffing of an accused capital child sex predator shortly after the man reportedly caused trouble at the HaLeighbug Information Center in Satsuma, FL where children were present.
Misty Croslin, Hank Croslin Jr. and Brock are incarcerated in the St. Johns County Jail. Cummings was moved to the Flagler County Jail. Sykes is in the Putnam County Jail.
All but Sykes were moved to jails outside of Putnam County for security reasons. Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin were placed in separate jails to avoid the possibility of communication between them.
Florida Department of Law Enforcement Agent Dominick Pape said that potential maximum sentences if convicted are: Misty Croslin, 74 years; Cummings, 43 years; Brock, 25 years; Sykes, 15 years; and Hank Croslin, three years.
TJ Hart
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Is Cobra Trying To Be Anther Leonard Padilla???   Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Is Cobra Trying To Be Another Leonard Padilla???

January 22, 2010 by niecey456

It appears that the Private Investigator, also known as the bounty hunter, William (Cobra) Staubs has come forward saying he represents a group of people that are willing to put up the money to bail Misty and Hank (Tommy) Croslin Jr. out of jail. He went on to say that they were going to see if they could get a bond reduction first. They are only interested in bailing out Misty and Tommy, and not the other 3. Due to Cobra’s involvement in the case, this “group” of people, who are remaining anonymous at this point, have elected to have Cobra be their spokesperson. To me the fact that they are only interested in Tommy and Misty, and not Ronald Cummings, Donna Brock, or Hope Sykes, tells me this is a huge PR stunt, in the hopes of cracking the case. You can read more about it here:
http://www.thesky973.com/pages/6180833.php
Now Cobra was hot on this case for a long time. That ended when he was arrested and had his license suspended until the outcome of the charges. He was arrested for false imprisonment and the issue was very controversial. It did kind of reek of a set up. With that said, I can’t get past the fact that this “group”, along with Cobra can’t possibly believe that Misty is innocent, and to me they are trying to generate some PR, which sells, just like Leonard Padilla did with Casey Anthony.
In the end Leonard Padilla didn’t crack Caylee Anthony’s case. He didn’t get Casey to talk. All he did was generate more publicity. I know that many, including myself, felt like Tracy’s interview with LE was valuable to Caylee’s case, but really if you look at it, if LP had never interjected himself in that case, I think Casey would have been more likely to crack. If Casey had not been given the freedom and the press generated from LP bailing her out and proclaiming her innocence, Casey might have broken and said more than she did. I know that many felt like at least he tried, but in reality, he really didn’t contribute that much, but publicity.
Haleigh Cummings has been missing for almost a year. No arrests have been made in connection to Haleigh’s disappearance. In the mean time the players in the case have gotten in numerous scrapes with the law. Now they are in deep trouble. Misty has 6 counts of drug trafficking against her and Ronald Cummings has 3. Misty’s brother Tommy has 1 and Ron’s cousin Hope has 1. Donna Brock has 1. Misty has a bond of $950,000. Ron has a bond of $500,000. Tommy has a $100,000 bond. Donna has a $250,000 bond and Hope has a $150,000 bond. The main component of the drug sting here is Misty. She was at all of the controlled buys. Ron was at 3. The others were there less. Misty was the only one that was there at all 7. Misty is the only adult that was supposed to be home the night Haleigh went missing. She was the last person seen with Haleigh alive, and many things have surfaced since. Like Nay Nay’s letters. Misty’s whole family being arrested on assorted charges at different times. If Misty hasn’t talked now, she’s not going to if you let her out. She is for the first time in jail facing time. She needs to remain there. I think that is the only chance of her talking.
I truly hope and pray that Cobra and this “group” of people will reconsider this ridiculous strategy, as it’s not going to serve any purpose but to further complicate this case. Misty is exactly where she needs to be.
Please Cobra and this “group”, think of Haleigh and butt out. It was inevitable for Misty to wind up in jail. She’s been on a crime spree for some time. Leaving her where she landed herself might be the only hope of finding the truth.
Please don’t think of yourselves.

Think Of Haleigh
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: P.I. Cobra Staubs: I Do Not Favor Bail for Misty or Tommy Croslin   Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:42 pm

P.I. Cobra Staubs: I Do Not Favor Bail for Misty or Tommy Croslin

by Jan Barrett in Society and Culture, crime

This just in from TJ Hart - Jan Barrett
After a morning filled with people scratching their heads over word that an unidentified group of people who used a private investigator to act as their media liaison stated that they were interested in posting bail for two of the five people arrest on drug charges Wednesday in Putnam County, private investigator William “Cobra” Staubs now wants clarify a few things.
As you heard first on TheSky973.com, the arrests of Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin, Hope Sykes and Donna Brock took place Wednesday evening and stemmed from a tip from a source with knowledge of the alleged dealing of oxycodone and hydrocodone, according to Putnam County Sheriff’s officials.
Ronald Cummings is the father of missing 6-year-old HaLeigh Cummings of Satsuma, FL who was abducted from her home February 9, 2009. Misty Croslin was babysitting the girl and her younger brother that night and was the last person to see her. Croslin and Cummings married a few weeks later and got a divorce a few months ago.
Private investigator William “Cobra” Staubs called 97.3 The SKY Friday morning to announce that he is acting as a media representative for a group who is seeking to post bail for Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin. Staubs called the SKY Newsroom later that day to clarify that he does not personally want to see the two out of jail. Staubs maintains he is only the messenger.
Staubs once led a pro-bono investigation into HaLeigh Cummings’ disappearance and was the source who revealed to the public via 97.3 The SKY, FOX News Channel, Headline News and several online news sites that drugs played a role in the domestic lives of Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, her family and perhaps might have been a factor in the child’s abduction.
AUDIO: William “Cobra” Staubs
Staubs left his independent investigation shortly after his arrest on charges of false imprisonment regarding the temporary cuffing of an accused capital child sex predator shortly after the man reportedly caused trouble at the HaLeighbug Information Center in Satsuma, FL where children were present.
TJ Hart
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Cops hopeful drug bust will help solve case of missing Haleigh Cummings   Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Cops hopeful drug bust will help solve case of missing Haleigh Cummings

Putnam County investigators are hopeful that Wednesday's drug arrest of Ronald Cummings and ex-wife Misty Croslin will help them solve the year-old mystery of his missing toddler, Haleigh Cummings.
Cummings, 26, and Croslin, 18, face multiple counts of trafficking charges. They were among five people arrested Wednesday in a prescription drug trafficking sting, deputy sheriffs said.
Also arrested was Donna Brock, an Orlando woman who accompanied Croslin on a recent trip to Central Florida and who was affiliated with Texas EquuSearch, a national organization that searches for missing people. Brock's membership in that group was terminated in late October.
Haleigh Cummings, then 5, captured national headlines when she disappeared from father Ronald Cummings' double-wide trailer in Satsuma last February.
Croslin was baby-sitting the girl while Cummings was working that night. She told investigators that she woke up and realized Haleigh was gone about 3:30 a.m. There were no signs of forced entry, and the back door was ajar.
At the time, Croslin was Cummings' girlfriend. Since, they have married and divorced.
Haleigh's body has not been found. No arrests have been made in her disappearance.
The search for answers about Haleigh and the drug case are separate probes, Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said, but investigators are hopeful the recent arrests will help them make their Haleigh case.
"Hopefully, something will come out of it on the Haleigh side, but that was not the intention," Greenwood said. "This was totally unrelated. It was a very good narcotics case."
Acting on information from a tipster, an undercover Putnam County detective purchased $3,900 worth of drugs from Croslin, Cummings, Brock and Hank Thomas "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 23, and Hope A. Sykes, 18. Brock's age was not available.
Hank Croslin is Misty Croslin's brother, Greenwood said.
Cummings and Misty Croslin could face a minimum-mandatory sentence of 25 years in state prison, the Sheriff's Office said.
Felony warrants obtained by the Orlando Sentinel today indicate Croslin was found selling or holding oxycodone and hydrocodone in Putnam and St. Johns counties on several occasions last month and this month. Twice she had or sold more than 28 grams of the drug, the warrants state.
"She [Misty Croslin] was involved in all of them [the drug purchases]," Greenwood said. "She was the common denominator in all seven buys."
On Wednesday, undercover investigators purchased what the deputy sheriffs described as "trafficking amounts" of prescription drugs from Cummings and Misty Croslin. They were taken into custody without incident.
Deputy sheriffs did not say whether they plan to interview the drug suspects in Haleigh's disappearance.
Since the missing child's case drew national attention in early February, Croslin has been no stranger to the law. In October, Palatka police said she was robbed while trying to buy drugs in that town.
When asked about the familiarity of Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings and their alleged dealing, Greenwood said, "They've been in the media spotlight since Day One."
Misty Croslin faces six counts of trafficking in prescription medication. She is being held on $950,000 bail. Cummings is being held on $500,000 bail for three counts of the same charge.
Hank Croslin, Sykes and Brock face one count each of the trafficking charge. Hank Croslin's bail is $100,000; Sykes is $150,000; Brock's is $250,000 bail.
Each defendant had initial appearances this morning and their bail amounts were kept the same, according to State Attorney's Office spokesman Chris Kelly.
Ronald Cummings is held at the Flagler County Jail. Misty Croslin, Hank Croslin and Brock are held at the St. Johns County Jail; and Sykes is in the Putnam County Jail, Kelly said.
Anthony Colarossi can be reached at acolarossi@orlandosentinel.com or 352-742-5934.
Willoughby Mariano can be reached at wmariano@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5171.

Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Misty Croslin Drug Bust Big Break in Haleigh Cummings Case   Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 pm

Misty Croslin Drug Bust Big Break in Haleigh Cummings Case

Art Harris on Nancy Grace: Misty drug bust Big break for Haleigh Cummings
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, ©️ www.artharris.com, all rights reserved
As astounding as it sounds, it was 18 year old high school dropout Misty Croslin who turns out to be the alleged mastermind behind the Satsuma gang that couldn’t deal straight, playing right into the hands of a young undercover cop who befriended her and bought enough painkillers to earn her six felony drug trafficking charges, a cell in the St. John’s County, Florida Jail and and possibly decades behind bars if convicted.
“She took the lead,” Putnam County Sheriff spokesman Lt. Johnny Greenwood told www.artharris.com. “She befriended our undercover officer who made seven drug buys; Misty was at all seven,” although she has only so far been charged with six counts.

Ronald Cummings was also charged with selling copious amounts of illegal painkillers (Loritab, Roxycodone, Percocet, Vicodin) to an undercover cop with the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department who worked Misty and friends for a month, buying a total of 339 pills worth $3,900, enough to earn them decades behind bars if convicted.
Also arrested and charged with trafficking were three other alleged confederates–Tommy Croslin, Jr., Ronald cousin Hope Sykes and Misty confidante Donna Brock.
As the babysitter who reported five year old Haleigh Cummings missing, then married her father, Ronald, a month later, police say Misty remains the key to cracking the case, and legal experts say her drug bust gives them the crucial leverage they’ve been looking for to pressure her to talk.
She denies she knows what happened to Haleigh, that she was asleep when she vanished last Feb. 10 and woke up to find the little girl gone.
What a difference a year makes. With her bond set at almost one million dollars, Misty looked forlorn, like she was having a bad day in the blue jail jump suit she wore to her first appearance Thursday morning before a circuit judge who asked if she had a lawyer and whether she understood the charges against her.
She said she did, and had a lawyer, who told me he’d advised her not to speak with detectives investigating Haleigh Cummings…at least not just
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Paid informant in Haleigh Cummings case arrested in drug bust with Misty Croslin   Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:40 am

Paid informant in Haleigh Cummings case arrested in drug bust with Misty Croslin

Anthony Colarossi Orlando Sentinel

12:28 a.m. EST, January 23, 2010

An Orlando woman who was with Misty Croslin during a road-rage incident in Lake Mary last year and was arrested with her during this week's prescription-drug bust in Putnam County was more than just a friend.

She was a paid informant for a national search group bent on one objective: finding out what happened to Satsuma 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings when she disappeared. Croslin was baby-sitting the girl one evening in early February when she said she woke up and found Haleigh missing.

Donna Brock was a volunteer member of Texas EquuSearch and part of initial searches for Haleigh. Eventually she befriended Croslin.

That relationship and trips they took together were initially meant to help investigators and searchers draw out Croslin and get her to tell them where the child was, said Tim Miller, Texas EquuSearch's founder and director.

The search group paid Brock about $3,000 to entertain Croslin and get her to open up, Miller said this week.

Paying someone to be an informant is not illegal. It is not clear whether Putnam County investigators were aware of Brock's role with the search group.

"They met each other when we were doing the search for Haleigh," Miller said. "Misty trusted her and liked her." Later, Brock, 44, indicated she could get Croslin, 18, to speak.

"Donna says, 'Tim, I think I can break her. I think I can find out what happened to Haleigh,''' Miller said.

That never happened. Haleigh's whereabouts remain a mystery. An investigation into her disappearance continues in Putnam County.

Brock's life took a sharp turn Wednesday when she was arrested on a prescription-drug-trafficking charge along with Croslin. Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father and Croslin's ex-husband, and two others also were arrested after a sting operation led by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

Brock was held at the St. Johns County Jail on Friday on $250,000 bail, charged with trafficking in oxycodone. Croslin was held there too, on six trafficking charges, with bail set at $950,000.

Putnam officials have said the prescription-drug case and the continued effort to determine what happened to Haleigh are separate investigations. But they expressed hope the drug case will provide new information about Haleigh's disappearance.

Croslin's relationship with Brock, who has a residence in Orlando and one in North Carolina, could be an important link for investigators, or her value in finding the child may be worthless.

"It started out she was trying to get information," Miller said.

Miller paid Brock several thousand dollars during a few months to take Croslin places and to entertain her with the hope the young woman would provide a better explanation of what happened the night Haleigh went missing, he said.

Brock was with Croslin in early October when, according to Seminole County Sheriff's Office reports, they chased and harassed a driver on Interstate 4. The incident immediately gained media attention.

On Oct. 30, Miller sent Brock a letter terminating her membership with Texas EquuSearch. He said he became concerned that her membership in the search organization would undermine its credibility.

An undercover detective with the Putnam Sheriff's Office bought prescription medications from Croslin's and Brock's group seven times recently, officials said. They estimated the drugs' street value at $3,900.

The arrests of Croslin, Cummings and the others is the latest chapter in a long, sad story surrounding Haleigh's disappearance.

The investigation has been marked by speculation, rumors and unsuccessful searches in the largely rural stretches around Satsuma and outside the nearby Ocala National Forest.

"The shame of it is all this stuff has taken the focus off of Haleigh," said Miller.

Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings Update: Mother of Missing Satsuma Girl Gets Custory of Son After Father's Arrest   Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:24 pm

Haleigh Cummings Update: Mother of Missing Satsuma Girl Gets Custody of Son After Father’s Arrest on Drug Charges

Posted on January 23rd, 2010 by Jan Barrett in Society and Culture, crimeRead 205 times.This in from TJ Hart - Jan Barrett

Shortly after the father of missing Satsuma, Fla. girl HaLeigh Cummings was arrested on drug charges, her mother, Crystal Sheffield was given full custody of her little brother, Ronald Cummings Jr.

On Wednesday, Ronald Cummings, along with his ex-wife Misty and her brother, and two others, were arrested for drug trafficking. If convicted as charged, FDLE officials say Misty could serve 74 years in state prison while Ronald could be sentenced to as much as 43 years behind bars.

The arrests took place after a month long sting that determined that Cummings and the others were illegally buying and selling prescription drugs. Although HaLeigh’s disappearance over a year ago and the recent arrests are totally unrelated, police are hopeful the arrests will help them solve the case of the missing girl.

An emergency hearing was held Thursday to determine who should obtain custody of HaLeigh’s little brother, Ronald Cummings, Jr. after the elder Cummings’ arrest, according to reports on News 4 Jax. Crystal Sheffield, the mother of both HaLeigh and Ronald Jr. was awarded custody of the boy, and was allowed to pick him up on Friday afternoon, according to the post made by Marie Griffis on her Facebook page.

TJ Hart
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh's mom regains custody of girl's brother   Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Haleigh's mom regains custody of girl's brother

By Kristin Chambers

Published: Saturday, January 23, 2010 2:08 AM EST
Haleigh Cummings' brother is now in the custody of his mother following the arrest of Ronald Cummings.

"He's already gone," Annette Sykes, paternal grandmother of Haleigh, said Friday afternoon. "It's really hard with his daddy gone to let him go. He has been with us all of his life."

The state Department of Children and Family Services confirmed Friday that Junior was taken into the custody of his mother, Crystal Sheffield, as decided by the judge.

"The first priority of DCF is the safety of all children," John Harrell, a spokesman for DCF, said.

Haleigh was reported missing from her Satsuma home on Feb. 10, where she lived with her younger brother, Ronald Junior, in the custody of Ronald Cummings.

Cummings and the children's biological mother, Crystal Sheffield, have been estranged for several years.

Sheffield's former attorney, Kim Picazio, was glad to hear the news.

"It looks like the amount of bond will keep Ronald in jail for a while, so naturally the child would go to the biological mother in this case," Picazio said. "It is definitely the safest place for Junior."

Cummings was jailed Wednesday evening along with Haleigh's former stepmother, Misty Croslin; her brother, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr.; Cummings' cousin, Hope Sykes; and former Equusearch volunteer Donna Brock.

The five were arrested following a month-long narcotics investigation that involved the trafficking of Hydrocodone and Oxycodone within St. Johns and Putnam counties.

Street value of the drugs was estimated at $3,900.

Sykes declined to comment as to whether she knew the drug trafficking was taking place.

"Right now we are just basically numb," Sykes said.

Arraignment is expected to take place in mid-February, Chris Kelly, State Attorney's Office spokesman, said.

Charges include:

n Misty Janette Croslin, 18, of Satsuma, charged with six counts of trafficking in prescription medications. Bond was set at $950,000.

n Ronald L. Cummings, 26, of Satsuma, charged with three counts of trafficking in prescription medications. Bond was set at $500,000.

n Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 23, of Satsuma, charged with one count of trafficking in prescription medications. Bond was set at $100,000.

n Hope A. Sykes, 18, of Satsuma, charged with one count of trafficking in prescription medications. Bond was set at $150,000.

n Donna Brock, 43, of Orlando, charged with one count of trafficking in prescription medications. Bond was set at $250,000.

kchambers@palatkdailynews.com
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings Update: No Bond Posted Yet for Suspects in Putnam Co. Drug Arrests   Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Haleigh Cummings Update: No Bond Posted Yet for Suspects in Putnam Co. Drug Arrests

Posted on January 23rd, 2010

All five suspects arrested Wednesday on drug trafficking charges in Putnam County remained behind bars as of Saturday morning despite an announcement made by a private investigator on behalf of a group of people rumored to be from Nevada who expressed interest in bonding out two of the suspects, Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin.
As you heard first on TheSky973.com, the arrests of Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin, Hope Sykes and Donna Brock took place Wednesday evening and stemmed from a tip from a source with knowledge of the alleged dealing of oxycodone and hydrocodone, according to Putnam County Sheriff’s officials.
Private investigator William “Cobra” Staubs called 97.3 The SKY Friday morning to announce that he is acting as a media representative for a group who is seeking to post bail for Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin. Staubs publicly stated that he does not personally want to see the two out of jail, but agreed to make the announcement on behalf of the group.
Staubs once led a pro-bono investigation into HaLeigh Cummings’ disappearance and was the source who revealed to the public via 97.3 The SKY, FOX News Channel, Headline News and several online news sites that drugs played a prominent role in the domestic lives of Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, her family and perhaps might have been a factor in the child’s abduction.
Staubs left his independent investigation shortly after his arrest on charges of false imprisonment relating to the temporary cuffing of an accused capital child sex predator shortly after the man reportedly caused trouble at the HaLeighbug Information Center in Satsuma, FL where children were present.
Misty Croslin, Hank Croslin Jr. and Brock are incarcerated in the St. Johns County Jail. Cummings was moved to the Flagler County Jail. Sykes is in the Putnam County Jail.
All but Sykes were moved to jails outside of Putnam County for security reasons. Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin were placed in separate jails to avoid the possibility of communication between them.
TJ Hart
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cummings Update - BNN Radio 3pm Central Sun/Jan/24   Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:05 pm

Haleigh Cummings Update – BNN Radio 3pm Central Sun/Jan/24

Posted on January 24th, 2010

We will be running our regular weekly radio wrap up of events in the Haleigh Cummings Case, and it it likely to be a pretty active program. The action has been fast and furious this week, and there are plenty of things for the panel to discuss.
Without doubt the biggest event was the arrests of Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin, Ronald Cummings, Hope Sykes and Donna Brock. All five stand accused to being involved in prescription drug trafficking. Misty faces a maximum sentence of 74 years is found guilty.
Obviously LE will be using this unique opportunity to ask them some questions concerning the whereabouts of missing child Haleigh Cummings.
Rons arrest also precipitated an emergency custody hearing for Rons son Junior. Custody has been awarded to the biological mother Crystal Sheffield. While this was hardly a surprising move, most would agree that Crystal is hardly mother of the year material.
Friday morning saw another announcement that caused some ripples. It was announced that a bail bond company was exploring the idea of putting up the bonds for both Misty and Tommy. Interestingly they did not announce the company involved, the news was released through an intermediary. The backlash of public sentiment was swift. One can only hope that the people involved got the message loud and clear that the public did not support this idea.
As always the final make up of the panel is still being arranged however with so much happening in the case I am expecting to see them all in attendance. To listen in, just point your browser to www.blogralkradio.com a few minutes before 3pm central and you will see the program on the front page.
Simon and Jan Barrett
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Bond Lowered For One of 5 Suspects in Putnam Co. Drun Sting   Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:08 pm

Bond Lowered For One of 5 Suspects in Putnam Co. Drug Sting

This just in from TJ Hart - Simon
The bond for one of the five suspects arrested as a result of a month-long drug sting operation in Putnam County has been lowered.
Hank Thomas “Tommy” Croslin, who was arrested along with Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, Donna Brock and Hope Sykes January 20, 2010 was originally being held on $100,000 bond on charges of trafficking in controlled prescription medications. Regardless of the bond amount being lowered, sources tell The SKY Croslin has apparently violated the terms of his previous bond(s) in Putnam County and will have a difficult chance, if any, of being released from jail
The arrests stemmed from a tip from a source with knowledge of the alleged dealing of oxycodone and hydrocodone, according to Putnam County Sheriff’s officials.
Misty Croslin remains held in lieu of $950,000 bail; Cummings, $500,000; Brock, $250,000; Sykes, $150,000; and Hank “Tommy” Croslin Jr. is being held on $7508.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Haleigh is described as a 6 year old white female. She is approximately 3′0, 39 lbs, blonde hair & brown eyes. Unknown clothing description.
Haleigh was last seen at her residence in the Hermit’s Cove area of Putnam County on February 9, 2009 between the hours of 8-10pm.
A statewide Amber Alert has been issued. An additional $30,000 in rewards have been posted.
If you have any information and wish to remain anonymous, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS (8477) or you can Text your tip by Texting “TIP231 plus your message” to CRIMES (274637).
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Bond Rovoked For One of 5 Suspects in Putnam Co. Drug Sting   Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Bond Revoked For One of 5 Suspects in Putnam Co. Drug Sting

This just in from TJ Hart - It sure looks like some ‘hardball’ is being played - Simon
The bond amount for one of the five suspects arrested as a result of a month-long drug sting operation in Putnam County has been changed.
Hank Thomas “Tommy” Croslin, who was arrested along with Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, Donna Brock and Hope Sykes January 20, 2010 was originally being held on $100,000 bond on charges of trafficking in controlled prescription medications.
Lt. Johnny Greenwood with the Putnam county Sheriff’s Office told the SKY Sunday, “Tommy Croslin’s bond hasn’t been lowered. $0.00 means no bond in the computer system. A judge revoked his bond do to the other currently pending charges.”
The arrests stemmed from a tip from a source with knowledge of the alleged dealing of oxycodone and hydrocodone, according to Putnam County Sheriff’s officials.
Misty Croslin remains held in lieu of $950,000 bail; Cummings, $500,000; Brock, $250,000; Sykes, $150,000; and Hank “Tommy” Croslin Jr. is being held on $7508.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Haleigh Cumming Update: Putnam Drug Sting: Cummings and Mother Talk to the Media   Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:08 pm

Haleigh Cummings Update: Putnam Drug Sting: Cummings and Mother Talk to the Media

Posted on January 25th, 2010

Not long after the arrests of Ronald Cummings–the father of missing 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings of Satsuma, FL, his ex-wife/babysitter Misty Croslin–the last person to see the child, and three others in a Putnam County drug sting, the interviews started rolling…again.
In an exclusive interview by phone from Ronald’s Flagler County jail cell, Jacksonville.com’s Dana Treen spoke with Cummings about his arrest and incarcertion:

“From his one-man cell at the Flagler County jail Sunday, Ronald Cummings said he hasn’t been questioned yet about the disappearance of his daughter, Haleigh, but said her still open case made him a target.
“They told me their main focus is not putting me in jail, it was finding Haleigh,” Cummings said in a phone call to a Times-Union reporter.
Meanwhile, authorities have made no secret that Cummings, Croslin and others arrested in the undercover drug operation will be asked about Haleigh. Investigators have said the two cases are not connected. Detectives working on the disappearance were kept in the dark about the drug case that evolved from a tip, authorities said after the arrests.
“I’m going to prison,” he said. He said he had no idea how long any sentence might be. When Cummings was arrested, a Sheriff’s Office spokesman said convictions on all the charges could mean 43 years in prison.
“This is a setback in my life,” Cummings said.”
In an interview Monday morning with NBC’s “Today,” Haleigh Cummings’ paternal grandmother said she suspects former daughter-in-law Misty Croslin is the key to finding the little girl.
“I believe, whether or not she realizes it, Misty is holding something that could possibly help Haleigh’s case,” Teresa Neves told NBC’s Ann Curry. “All the law enforcement have said she is the key to this. You have to figure that there’s something that she’s not telling.”
Neves said she didn’t know if Croslin is withholding information on purpose or subconsciously.
The main focus on “Today” was Haleigh, who has been missing nearly a year. Grandmother Neves said she didn’t believe Croslin had done anything to hurt the 5-year-old girl.
TJ Hart
Back to top Go down
sanny
Hard Core Blogger

PostSubject: Nancy Grace: Art Harris Talks Haleigh Cummings Tonight   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Nancy Grace: Art Harris Talks Haleigh Cummings Tonight

From Bald Truth Staff, (c) www.artharris.com, all rights reserved
With the one year anniversary of a missing five year old Florida girl looming, Art Harris will be a guest on The Nancy Grace Show tonight, Jan. 25th, 8 and 10 p.m. (est) on CNN Headline News, to discuss the latest in the Haleigh Cummings case –and new leverage police now hold with last week’s dramatic drug bust of the little girl’s father, Ronald, 26, and her former babysitter turned stepmother, Misty Croslin, 18, who remains behind bars in the St. John’s County Jail.
Misty faces possibly decades in prison if convicted, and a whopping $950,000 bond after she was charged with felony trafficking in the sale of 339 illegal painkillers to an undercover officer. Detectives now have what they hope can be used as a key to unlock the dirty–and in all likelhood, deadly — secrets of Dysfunction Junction, where the tragic Jerry Springeresque mystery has been playing out.
To keep the on again, off again couple apart, as is customary in drug cases with multiple defendants, the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department, lead agency in the case, has found him a single cell in nearby Flagler County, where he told a Jacksonville reporter he expected to go to prison for a long time–for drugs. Cummings told Dana Treen that police weren’t interested in him for the Haleigh case.
He maintains he knows nothing about Haleigh’s disappearance and has en cleared by Putnam County detectives.
Last spring, he told journalist Art Harris he was only staying with Misty, who reported Haleigh missing on Feb. 10 from his trailer in Satsuma, because she might hold the secret to what happened, that “you keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” His bond is a half million dollars, on three counts of drug trafficking.
Legal experts theorize the bonds are high for such a small quantity of drugs valued at $3,900 because law enforcement aims to hold the threat of long prison terms over their heads–along with three other arrested with them — to pressure Misty to tell what police believe she knows about what happened.
Her lawyer, Robert Fields, has ordered her not to talk to investigators without him, and now that she has an attorney, police tell me they cannot approach her unless she makes a personal request to see them.
Tonight on Nancy Grace, we’ll also be talking about the person who could be the key to breaking Misty–her confidante Donna Brock, a 40 something housewife and mother who befriended her as a volunteer for Texas Equusearch in an effort by Tim Miller to keep pressure on her after she flunked a polygraph and voice stress. Then, after Miller severed ties with Donna for inappropriate behaviour, he tells me, she went rogue, stayed close to Misty on her own, claiming she was still hunting leads to the case, and kept taking her places and buying her things, despite a request from law enforcement that she back off and let Misty crash and burn.
Now it appears, they could crash and burn together–unless what Brock has on Misty is enough to help police find Haleigh–or what happened to her, and set Misty’s Sugar Mama free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HALEIGH CUMMINGS   

Back to top Go down

HALEIGH CUMMINGS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next